Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN posted:

just turn it on high

I assure you I will be quite high when I turn it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I have sauerkraut in the fridge from last year think it's still good?

no mold you're gold

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Cousin Todd posted:

I have a couple of Cornish hens I plan on jamming into an air fryer for science later.

poor Cornish hens :(

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is an all-time high today, possibly a world record

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

that's wild

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I woke up with the phrase "the dark souls of eating pussy" in my head today and am struggling to find a situation in which I can use it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I had a dream last night that I came in as the closer of Kanye West's DJ set and royally hosed it up by putting on Master of Puppets and repeatedly doing a lovely job of scratch looping the first few notes of the opening riff to try and make it sound cool, but the club started to empty out

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

kntfkr posted:

I woke up with the phrase "the dark souls of eating pussy" in my head today and am struggling to find a situation in which I can use it.

Going down on a lady with epilepsy.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Cousin Todd posted:

Going down on a lady with epilepsy.

Mate.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Toxic Mental posted:

I had a dream last night that I came in as the closer of Kanye West's DJ set and royally hosed it up by putting on Master of Puppets and repeatedly doing a lovely job of scratch looping the first few notes of the opening riff to try and make it sound cool, but the club started to empty out

lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I had a dream that my hand got degloved and I could see my veins, tendons and bones but there was no blood. Surprisingly I was sleeping on my hand and it was dead for a few minutes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

what's on the menu for lunch. I just made a sandwich with emmental, lambs lettuce, miso harisa and mayo on the cheapest white bread i could find

The wife and I went to check out the new pub in town that just opened a few weeks ago. Copped some wings and pulled pork nachos plus TWO beers each. Friday vibes on a Tuesday ftmfw

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Toxic Mental posted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hooked up a new vape cart and watching new Beavis & butthead, no more work left today let's freaking go

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

hooked up a new vape cart and watching new Beavis & butthead, no more work left today let's freaking go

Fire ep probably one of my top 3 beavis and butthead episodes ever, gay marriage ep in the top 5 for the ending

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I didn't have high hopes for the reboot but if anything it's better than the original imho.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The fire just wanted what was best for Beavis.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kntfkr posted:

kalel fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 6, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I like how they did the thing making them old only in some episodes, didn't expect that

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I like how they did the thing making them old only in some episodes, didn't expect that

I like the way they approached the second reboot, it's very well done. The first one was kinda rough but this one just nails it, the time was right for it.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
King of the hill is supposed to be coming back soon right

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

You think this is some kind of loving game bagmonkey? You think you can just post CRAP in SH/SC and get away with it???

do you think they'd be mad if I showed my one neat trick about storing your apple pencil in your urethra

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

MrQwerty posted:

I like the way they approached the second reboot, it's very well done. The first one was kinda rough but this one just nails it, the time was right for it.

I liked the first reboot a lot when I watched it again a couple years ago

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I liked the first reboot a lot when I watched it again a couple years ago

I gotta check it out again, then, I haven't seen it since it aired. This one has been so top-notch.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol was thinking this

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yo, I meant to post his here instead of the feedback thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

this went so predictably it feels like someone will yell cut that's a wrap and we all walk off set

Cut that's a wrap!

Just wait until I get poon-poon to join after he's released. That'll really throw y'all into a tizzy.

Anyway, I had fun through every bit of it. I'll eat the poo poo, it's fine.

I had an actual big reveal planned but it obviously went south before I reached that point.

MrQwerty posted:

what was it, since we're talking failed storylines

It was to be about a prison ghost who helped Harvey attempt an escape. Another was a tale about Harvey saving the life of one of the gang shotcallers. The 'reveal' I did post was going to be a jumping off point for that. I know that makes zero sense now given the context, but it would have worked if not for those pesky goons reacting much more strongly than I anticipated.

Fwiw, some of the stories of violence came from a friend who did 12 years in a Florida penitentiary. For others, I googled "crazy prison stories" and went from there. He also told me about the food they'd make, but I had to google the recipes.

Honestly I never expected or intended the thread to take off like it did. I really thought someone would recognize it was me from the other stories I've posted in GBS and thought I would have needed to end it much sooner. I even tried to leave little clues to that effect but it didn't work like I wanted.

Anyway, I wanted to do something creative but wanted something a little different than what I've done before, so I tried the fake persona thing. I thought the names "harveys zoo zoos", and later "poon-poon" would be a heavy indicator it was all bullshit.

FirstnameLastname posted:

this is actually not that far fetched

the rest is but that part lines up lol

old ex cons who get released are like half hella nerds by the time they get out from doing nerd poo poo to not go insane or be wrapped up in gang/prison culture poo poo, they just look scary

whole lot of time to read in prison and you get really good at understanding systems of authority

the thing thats a tell for me is he doesn't write like a boomer - they all write like boomers, and i don't see one pointlessly trailing ellipses

they also will generally use proper capitalization and grammar from writing/reading hella letters for decades

the ones who are subliterate generally don't get out, they're not able to stay out of trouble, because the only way to stay out of trouble in prison is to read a lot

Yeah, I thought about this stuff for a minute before starting. I knew I'd slip up and use words that would sound unrealistic for an ex-con, and it's why I said Harvey read a lot. I actually do read a lot of Ursula K LeGuin though!

cumpantry posted:

frankly Isaboo i believe you. so that said, harvey should be probated/banned for murder and glorifying his, i'm thinking another 20yrs would be fine, nothing he's not used to

I'm down with the ban for Harvey if it's for murder. Murdering a good time? Murdering a good thread? Murdering Seth's inbox?

Sorry Seth. I was just disappointed I couldn't end the thread on my Harvey's terms before you closed it.

The whole idea came to me when I thought "what if a dude was away for 30 years and wanted to learn about the internet. I know! Let's see what SA would do!"

Anyway, I learned a few things I didn't know about SA, and it was fun to reminisce about the last 30 years. Sorry if I made anyone upset. But like I said as Harvey, it was endearing to see people help someone like him out. There were some great jokes at my (and Harvey's) expense both before and after I tanked it, so that was cool.

I guess this kills any good reception from writing another GBS-style story though, haha. Oh well. The ones I've already done were fun.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

havent seen clout chasing like this in a while

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

all you had to do was say nothing about it and move on

big big fail, all this doubling down and recontextualizing

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I like writing bullshit stories built on random ideas, what else can I say? The only difference here was I tried a different style and it crashed and burned.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Sir please step away from the keyboard

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Bad Purchase posted:

all you had to do was say nothing about it and move on

No no, I'm fine with how it turned out. I was going to reveal it as being me anyway, eventually.

To be clear, the insistence that harvey was real was a nod to the ghost bit that never materialized.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

don't post this poo poo here

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:mods:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

don't post this poo poo here

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
isaboo is 100% going to do this again in about a year or two under a different username, maybe sooner

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

isaboo posted:

No no, I'm fine with how it turned out. I was going to reveal it as being me anyway, eventually.

To be clear, the insistence that harvey was real was a nod to the ghost bit that never materialized.

dude just let it go this is embarassing

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Nah. I had a story like my other ones planned for Halloween, but I never got anywhere with it. That's where the intended prison ghost idea came from.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
in my humble opinion i think isaboo's reputation could be salvaged if they become a juggalo and film themselves shouting whoop whoop gently caress this poo poo! and power slamming themselves into hard-core backyard wrestling implements and posts the vids itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dick Bastardly posted:

in my humble opinion i think isaboo's reputation could be salvaged if they become a juggalo and film themselves shouting whoop whoop gently caress this poo poo! and power slamming themselves into hard-core backyard wrestling implements and posts the vids itt

they have to kill their step dad and go to jail for real