Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

moist turtleneck posted:

When is Tesla going to invent Helmet with Computer Screen

Boot music better be In the Meantime. Fortunately even this basic 'joke' is beyond meme master Elon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
elon eat the horse paste

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

"horse paste" is a colloquial term for a standard binding contract between musk and an unnamed individual

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol one of the things I thought when I was in paris is how it would be impossible to have all the people walking or biking or taking public transport drive and it still remain paris. you'd have to bulldoze everything to build roads wide enough to handle the traffic and have enough parking. plus it's hard to build in paris because of the old limestone mines, you can't build deep foundations for huge buildings/parking garages. plus the roads that do exist are much nicer than anything I saw in the US.

carbrain is a mental illness

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Big downside on electric cars is that they're heavy as gently caress and will contribute a lot more to the degradation of roads in the future

Bring on the drat Rails

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Posting transphobic bullshit from horrible people and sketchy sources? Must be a day that ends in "y."

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666110445256671233

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666109737648128000

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Big downside on electric cars is that they're heavy as gently caress and will contribute a lot more to the degradation of roads in the future

Bring on the drat Rails

boy do I have some bad news for you about the weight of later model ICE cars

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i know they suck too but they pay a gas tax for the roads and only like half the states charge for EVs to slap tires against roads as well

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

i know they suck too but they pay a gas tax for the roads and only like half the states charge for EVs to slap tires against roads as well

that'll change sooner than later for any that don't already charge for it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
More EVs on the road is adding to funding strains in places like Michigan, which has struggled to find enough state and local revenue to keep their roads in good shape.

Michigan is one of at least 31 states that impose additional registration fees for owners of electric vehicles, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. But advocates there say it isn’t enough.

A study commissioned by the County Road Association of Michigan and other groups found that owners of electric vehicles paid 70% to 80% in state and federal taxes and fees compared to what owners of gas-powered vehicles paid. Even so, researchers estimated that from 2019 to 2021, Michigan drivers paid $50 million less toward road funding because drivers switched to electric vehicles.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

More EVs on the road is adding to funding strains in places like Michigan, which has struggled to find enough state and local revenue to keep their roads in good shape.

Michigan is one of at least 31 states that impose additional registration fees for owners of electric vehicles, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. But advocates there say it isn’t enough.

A study commissioned by the County Road Association of Michigan and other groups found that owners of electric vehicles paid 70% to 80% in state and federal taxes and fees compared to what owners of gas-powered vehicles paid. Even so, researchers estimated that from 2019 to 2021, Michigan drivers paid $50 million less toward road funding because drivers switched to electric vehicles.

I get what you're saying, but states will eventually figure out the math. Whether that is a more accurate flat fee average, or in states where yearly inspections are a thing, based on miles driven in a year.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yes if there's something that states do it is definitely think ahead and plan for the future

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Posting transphobic bullshit from horrible people and sketchy sources? Must be a day that ends in "y."

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666110445256671233

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666109737648128000

He is posting about his daughter again

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I don't know much about advertising but don't you generally want more people overall seeing your ad, rather than just repeating it to a smaller group

I feel like there are diminishing returns here

instead of spending $7m on a Super Bowl ad, we’ve decided to spend that money showing the same ad to a guy named Jared in Eureka, MO 115 million times

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/HiroRwar/status/1665608032036814849

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Dire

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol one of the things I thought when I was in paris is how it would be impossible to have all the people walking or biking or taking public transport drive and it still remain paris. you'd have to bulldoze everything to build roads wide enough to handle the traffic and have enough parking. plus it's hard to build in paris because of the old limestone mines, you can't build deep foundations for huge buildings/parking garages. plus the roads that do exist are much nicer than anything I saw in the US.

carbrain is a mental illness

Paris is fail.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

elon eat the horse paste

horse
paste
:posthaste:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
elon musk pour la victoire

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

elon eat the horse paste

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

moist turtleneck posted:

Maybe the states should charge construction companies and truckers more since their giant rear end dump trucks are ruining the roads more than a small electric vehicle. Those assholes are also leaving debris everywhere which damages cars too.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

Maybe the states should charge construction companies and truckers more since their giant rear end dump trucks are ruining the roads more than a small electric vehicle. Those assholes are also leaving debris everywhere which damages cars too.

yes but then my cheap garbage from Amazon will cost more

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

what

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yeah

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Elon Musk

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

that's the new punchline a la "the aristocrats!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

has anyone said Elon musk ftw today

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Elon Musk ftw.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Why did The Redheaded Libertarian change her username to The Redheaded liberatarian?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i own 2 (two!) teslas yet still buy ikea mattresses lmao

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

That DICK! posted:

Why did The Redheaded Libertarian change her username to The Redheaded liberatarian?

just filed a report for blue check evasion.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ScarletMarxist/status/1666185348035084290?t=-F5vKLk9jQu6ZghVVmM9hQ&s=19

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

that ain’t good

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

they used the wrong meme format

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

@CommunityNotes has since added that ivermectrin is cool and good and Elon is the smartest and handsomest daddy ever

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
funny/handsome

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Durf posted:

@CommunityNotes has since added that ivermectrin is cool and good and Elon is the smartest and handsomest daddy ever

mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

toggle posted:

i own 2 (two!) teslas yet still buy ikea mattresses lmao

Someone who is good at economics please help me, my family has lower back pain.