Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I think Chet Hanks stole Andrew Tate's phone?
https://twitter.com/Cobratate/status/1666056292106924032

Also whatever this is:
https://twitter.com/Cobratate/status/1666093681584254978?cxt=HHwWhMDR1YjYk58uAAAA
https://twitter.com/TopCryptoKungfu/status/1666093819014807557

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps he is farming human women on the farm to make the ice cream

I feel like the kind of person who'd do that would also have worryingly detailed and realistic plans

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
There was an ice cream shop in Central London that sold breast milk ice cream (as well as several flavours of cow milk ice cream) - the (bovine) ice cream was pretty good but it shut down over-night, possibly because it was run by Fathers4Justice

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do not wish to speculate how fathers4justice got a hold of breast milk, given that I was under the impression that its entire gimmick was that it was made of divorced dads who weren't allowed to see their kids.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Antigravitas posted:

Cows are typically milked twice a day as well.
I honestly wonder if this is punching down, because that person is so monumentally clueless.

Then when will he find the time for his morning meditation? Stupid cows should just meditate along with him, no need for twice the amount of milk, what's he gonna do with it, make cow milk ice cream?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ookiimarukochan posted:

There was an ice cream shop in Central London that sold breast milk ice cream (as well as several flavours of cow milk ice cream) - the (bovine) ice cream was pretty good but it shut down over-night, possibly because it was run by Fathers4Justice

It is possible that it violated the health code.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't know how legal it is to sell breast milk, either in America or the UK. My understanding in America at least is the only human byproducts you're allowed to sell is semen, eggs, and blood plasma.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Air Skwirl posted:

I don't know how legal it is to sell breast milk, either in America or the UK. My understanding in America at least is the only human byproducts you're allowed to sell is semen, eggs, and blood plasma.

It's perfectly legal to have a biobanking research protocol that banks any kind of biospecimen* and also compensates people for those specimens. Once it's collected the bank can kind of do whatever they want with it as far as I'm aware.

*except fetal tissues, that gets complicated and there are some state laws against that

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

https://www.prolacta.com/en/donors/become-a-donor/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Are they financially compensated? Like, I can donate my kidney to anyone, but I can't legally sell it in America.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Jackdaw Zero posted:

Thousands of people are currently evacuating from the Dnipro valley in Ukraine, after a dam in Russian-occupied areas was blown up. Even if everyone miraculously survives, hundreds of homes will be destroyed and the ecosystem along the river will be absolutely devastated. So, what better time than to post this?

https://twitter.com/UN/status/1665932022160965632

Imo they are right to still observe Russian language day. Could have been a bit more thoughtful about how to do it of course.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Air Skwirl posted:

What about farts in a jar?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

gbut posted:

What about farts in a jar?

or gamer girl bathwater?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Platystemon posted:

It is possible that it violated the health code.
Maybe the milk truck never did arrive?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Air Skwirl posted:

Not buying your ice cream.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/americanhussy/status/1665119362607648768

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

Are they financially compensated? Like, I can donate my kidney to anyone, but I can't legally sell it in America.

Since you didn't bother to scroll

"Tiny Treasures Milk Bank

Receive $1.10/ounce in compensation for your time and effort"

You also have the option to donate.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

idgi
Is there some context I'm missing?
e: oh gross the first girl isn't just posting thirst trap stuff but has a ton of posts about bestiality and supposedly has even been arrested for publicly loving dogs

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Jun 6, 2023

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Coolness Averted posted:

idgi

It’s Morally Inept’s sister.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps he is farming human women on the farm to make the ice cream

Probably easier to be the Bullet Farmer and just buy mother's milk from the Immortan Joe if that's the case

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Coolness Averted posted:

idgi
e: oh gross the first girl isn't just posting thirst trap stuff but has a ton of posts about bestiality and supposedly has even been arrested for publicly loving dogs

well, i've been cut out of the will

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ope

https://twitter.com/dandelogames/status/1665120991436058627/photo/1

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/genkki_/status/1665816101190619137

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

If I play both sides I always come out on top

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

As a Christian , this offends me.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

I mean, that's because they are.

There's also a different history. The Quebecois are descendants of French immigrants, Chileans are descendants of people colonized and enslaved by the Spanish.
The genocide of indigenous peoples in Quebec was not a complete one, and they should still qualify as Quebecois, no?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My understanding is people who are from or live in Quebec are Quebecers, people who are specifically descended from French fur traders or French settlers are Quebecois. Not Canadian, only went to Quebec once so could very easily be wrong.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Baron von Eevl posted:

My understanding is people who are from or live in Quebec are Quebecers, people who are specifically descended from French fur traders or French settlers are Quebecois. Not Canadian, only went to Quebec once so could very easily be wrong.

hosed up if true.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

God... please let this tweet be a satire.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Recently people have been looking back at the Digg v4 disaster since it looks like Reddit is heading in that direction with their upcoming changes (basically freezing out third party apps with outrageous API fees). One of these looks back got posted to Hacker News and in the comments it came out that the original Digg "algorithm" was just some guy manually ranking every submission to the site:

Part of the Digg v4 redesign was putting an actual algorithm in place and predictably it did much worse than the guy.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
late night drinking posting, but how is it a non zero chance that SA might outlive multiple more successful websites for posting.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

PhazonLink posted:

late night drinking posting, but how is it a non zero chance that SA might outlive multiple more successful websites for posting.

SA never went for investor money who need ever bigger returns. SA just needed Goldbelly money for Lowtax and now just needs Bitcoin to never tank so Jeff doesn't lose his crypto billions.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Inceltown posted:

SA never went for investor money who need ever bigger returns.

I think about this a lot. You never hear about someone who starts like a rain boot factory and says, "Okay, we can make boots at a profit, our workers get a living wage, and the owner gets a tidy sum. Let's just keep er in the air."

Somehow that's never good enough anymore.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

wash bucket posted:

I think about this a lot. You never hear about someone who starts like a rain boot factory and says, "Okay, we can make boots at a profit, our workers get a living wage, and the owner gets a tidy sum. Let's just keep er in the air."

A few such companies exist. W. T. Hawkins Ltd., a brand whose only product is a Cheetos competitor sold only in Canada, refuses to expand operations citing sales being "good enough" as the reason why. I don't know what their wages are like though but knowing how inflation and rising housing costs are in Canada right now I'd imagine not great.

I've heard similar things about Canadian ice cream brand Chapman's as well.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Jun 7, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

For an extra difficult time, how bout folks of dual indigenous / euro fur trader ancestry? With a little lick of the Scots thrown in for good measure?

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

wash bucket posted:

Costco is the closest thing I can think of.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

wash bucket posted:

There was a start-up in Oakland when I lived there and you would get hot food in twenty minutes. Menu would change every day there was like three choices, one vegan, and drinks and desert also. It was in the black, no idea what they paid the drivers, probably minimum wage plus tips, but it was a company that made more money than it cost to run, a rarity for 2010' startups. Couldn't find a buyer buyer so they shut it down.

"I invented a successful business, but no one will buy it, so I don't want to do it anymore."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

wash bucket posted:

Infinite growth and the constant pressures of capitalism mean that most businesses that go "the small piece we have is good enough" will get swallowed or crushed by the competition. It's rare to be able to just sit it out.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Stockholders don't want to see that everything is going fine and consistent profit is being made, they only want to maximize their own return of investment by cutting costs and raising profits, so anything less then number go up is a failure even if the business is breaking even and being generally successful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Simsmagic posted:

Stockholders don't want to see that everything is going fine and consistent profit is being made, they only want to maximize their own return of investment by cutting costs and raising profits, so anything less then number go up is a failure even if the business is breaking even and being generally successful

a lot of businesses don't have stockholders, just a greedy rear end in a top hat