Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Is it right that when you beat a stronghold and turn it into a town, there's no waypoint that can be unlocked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

CLAM DOWN posted:

if this is accurate this helps me.

also, go back and do sidequests post-campaign too?

yeah, sidequests are really just renown grinds and an opportunity to go "curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal!" over and over again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So I'm like 24 and have been playing in WT1. I switched to 2 and joined my friend's game last night. I beat the the Druid city stronghold Tul Whatever in WT1, but it reverted back to it's original status in my friend's game. Is this because I switched WTs or because he hadn't done that in his game?

it's because your friend hadn't done it yet

McCoy Pauley posted:

Is it right that when you beat a stronghold and turn it into a town, there's no waypoint that can be unlocked?

some of them have waypoints, some of them don't

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So I'm like 24 and have been playing in WT1. I switched to 2 and joined my friend's game last night. I beat the the Druid city stronghold Tul Whatever in WT1, but it reverted back to it's original status in my friend's game. Is this because I switched WTs or because he hadn't done that in his game?

You beat it before you joined your friends world? That's why. He hasn't beat it yet, and the world state is defined by the party leader inviter person.

I was able to abuse this the other day to help someone get past a bugged out part of the snake swamp part. He couldn't get past an obstacle, and the quest NPCs were on the other side. I had finished the quest, invited them. They walked to where they needed to be, dropped party and their world reverted to their state and they could continue the quest.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Makes sense. Thanks!

Game owns. Lightning Druid owns.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Grabbing Altars of Lilith, I'm blown away by how much game there is you don't touch in the main quest. Entire regions and towns, with super unique visuals. It's honestly breathtaking.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1666166527953977345?s=20

the marketing for this game keeps on giving

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

coelomate posted:

Grabbing Altars of Lilith, I'm blown away by how much game there is you don't touch in the main quest. Entire regions and towns, with super unique visuals. It's honestly breathtaking.

I get too distracted with trying to finish all of the sidequests that I don't think I've done a single story quest after getting to Kyovwhatever.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lmao how much did the spend on this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh gently caress I'm in WT3 now and I had no idea +skill items could roll for passives too :stare: getting some of those above the cap could be a gamechanger

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

My character, Toe Thumb, is probably disqualified from this.

nerox
May 20, 2001

zoux posted:

You were happy with the performance? How hard was it to get it working? (I'm thinking about getting a deck which is why I'm grilling you lol)

Yeah, fps was decent and controls were not laggy. If got battle.net working a long time ago manually, apparently there is a program you can run now that makes it much easier.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder how many hardcore characters are going to die in the next two days

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

greazeball posted:

Getting my first login queue since launch. Started at 45 minutes and it's now at 47 about 10 minutes later

This sucks, still stuck and the queue is 49 min now. Is this an issue for others? I'm on xbox in euro land and I've had no problems so far including the early access weekends. I've quit the game and restarted the console a couple times but the clock never counts down :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think I have unlocked all Lilith Statues :toot:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

greazeball posted:

This sucks, still stuck and the queue is 49 min now. Is this an issue for others? I'm on xbox in euro land and I've had no problems so far including the early access weekends. I've quit the game and restarted the console a couple times but the clock never counts down :(

I am in americaland, USA and I just got right in just now. Sorry Eurogoon :(

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I think I have unlocked all Lilith Statues :toot:

you'll get an achieve if you do, sounds like you missed one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I do appreciate that it has found statues on the map so it's much easier to figure out which one you missed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Flavahbeast posted:

you'll get an achieve if you do, sounds like you missed one

Yeah! Just realized I am very close, but not quite yet. Two more regions have a handful missing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

lmao how much did the spend on this

Probably about $16. She’s really not doing anything else.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

the marketing for this game has been totally loving bonkers

nerox
May 20, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Yeah! Just realized I am very close, but not quite yet. Two more regions have a handful missing.

Doing statues after getting your horse is so handy. you end up revealing so much of the map, finish a lot of strongholds, and get most all the waypoints. I did it after I finished the campaign and it got me to the third level of the renown tract of each zone.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
21 minute queue in the middle of the day that's only gone up from 18 minutes... I'm worried about my chances trying to play tonight when I can actually play.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've got a happy hour after work to attend but I want to stay home and just kill some demons. But it sounds like I might not be able to do that even if I did stay home...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If this game could get around to failing so I could log on that'd be great.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would beeline to act 6

It’s great

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I noticed pvp zones get the tree bar filled up real fast and more importantly a stunningly good sacred polearm with a legendary effect I’d never seen before and isn’t in codex dropped while I was getting gibbed by a sorc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:toot:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

hell yeah

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
a couple things:

A: if a weapon says "20% more damage to close enemies", is this across all attacks with all weapons, or just for skills associated with that weapon?
B: is there a good reason or set of reasons why my skill (death blow) is doing like 60% of its listed damage? other skills using that weapon do the right amount

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I have to admit the renown grind I have coming up is making me wince. I'm already running around grabbing shrines and I had to break up the monotony by doing some dungeons and whispers. I only ever have to do this once correct?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Kin33 posted:

I just realized Lorath gotta feel really dumb for selling his soul/head to a tree to find out where Lilith was when Inarius' church already knew and had a huge rear end army marching there.

There are so many holes in the story. Also Prava somehow surviving after we saw her overrun by demons in the cut scene.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BurningBeard posted:

What's the difference from D3 bounties?
You maintain progress even if you exit the game, that's a big one. It'll reset if you change difficulty, though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ice Fist posted:

I have to admit the renown grind I have coming up is making me wince. I'm already running around grabbing shrines and I had to break up the monotony by doing some dungeons and whispers. I only ever have to do this once correct?
The xp bonuses you have to reknown per-character, but the +potion etc bonuses are permanent, as far as is known.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

explosivo posted:

I asked in clan chat the other day if anyone could make a good case for using Primal Shred instead of Raging Shred with a mainly poison werewolf druid build and I finally found it with the aspect that applies damage instantly on poisoned enemies nearby when dashing with Shred. Poisoning huge packs of enemies then using the 3 dashes with shred to jump across the group, detonating all the poison stacks and killing most things instantly is reeeeal satisfying. The biggest issue I run into is when I'm out of spirit and have to take a couple swings with the staff before being able to shred-dash into or out of trouble. It gets easy to zone out while holding down shred not realizing I'm not swinging anymore because it takes a surprising amount of spirit to do.
Yeah, Blurred Beast aspect has an entire build based on it, which relies on extracting it and putting it on a 2handed-axe (because of the +40% damage to healthy enemies).
Then there's a couple of uniques in the form of Tempest Roar and Mad Wolf's Glee along with the Alpha aspect which makes all your attacks into werewolf attacks (meaning the storm strike now benefits from the chance to crit as werewolf that's part of the build).
It also relies on rabies (unslotted, still affects poisoning done by the wolves that the Alpha aspect boosts), as well as Toxic Claws.
Here's a link.

Lower down there's even a variant of the build that can be done while leveling, but I can't imagine it'd be much fun without the Blurred Beast aspect that basically defines the build.

Yeah, once you get into a groove, finding everything isn't that bad.

Ice Fist posted:

Altars of Lillith all found gets you most of the way, you shouldn't need more than a few dungeons after that iirc.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Managed to kill my first appearance of The Butcher as a Barb.
With help of an Artillery shrine that I went ham on him, and a red health pool.
Thought I would die, saved the health pool for last, did not know it refilled your health potions.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ice Fist posted:

The bonuses from shrines will apply account wide for every character once you unlock them but if you want the renown for them again you need to track them down on new characters.

The second "tier" of renown stuff, the skill points, potions, etc, are also account wide though so the only reason to grind out renown on new characters is to get bonus exp and gold, which, ehhhhh

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Kin33 posted:

I just realized Lorath gotta feel really dumb for selling his soul/head to a tree to find out where Lilith was when Inarius' church already knew and had a huge rear end army marching there.

I read it as Lorath resigning himself to the same fate as his apprentice because he's depressed about failing him.

katkillad2 posted:

There are so many holes in the story. Also Prava somehow surviving after we saw her overrun by demons in the cut scene.

I'm guessing Prava is already corrupted/co-opted by one of the primes and was allowed to live. Without Inarius in the picture who is going to notice? Now they've got a nice little pawn

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

does anyone have a brief must-know lore summary? it's been so long since I played d2/d3 and I just am forgetting who half these characters, etc, are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

CLAM DOWN posted:

does anyone have a brief must-know lore summary? it's been so long since I played d2/d3 and I just am forgetting who half these characters, etc, are.

In a single sentence.

Souls stones don't work.