Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

So what do we think is the deal with the Depths? Is it supposed to be like Old New York in Futurama? All the mines would naturally be underground, but then you have stuff like the Ancient Observation Deck. What were the zonai observing down there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The planet Hyrule on works in layers and the Depths is the previous one. The next Zelda link Ganon will live in a layer above this one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Tokelau All Star posted:

So what do we think is the deal with the Depths? Is it supposed to be like Old New York in Futurama? All the mines would naturally be underground, but then you have stuff like the Ancient Observation Deck. What were the zonai observing down there?

I assume the Zonai were using hyrulean slaves to mine before they got ousted

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they had robots op

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they had robots op

To keep the Hyruleans in line

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7237729916010188074

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they had robots op

Robots don’t leave poes

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

What is the effect that shows up around halfway through that clip, with the yellow/gold light refraction bubble thing? I've seen that a few times in different colors and can't figure out what it's meant to be.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

sirbeefalot posted:

What is the effect that shows up around halfway through that clip, with the yellow/gold light refraction bubble thing? I've seen that a few times in different colors and can't figure out what it's meant to be.

They're leaving the low gravity area.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
just saw a random lightning bolt one shot a silver moblin who was just chilling in a camp. hell yes

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Just got around to visiting Death Mountain.

Oh no.

The Gorons delved too greedily and too deep.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
If you're struggling to understand sailing against the wind and tacking in action, I implore you to play Valheim for a bit. You learn real quick how to sail with the wind and it fuckin sucks

CainFortea posted:

They're leaving the low gravity area.

This explains so much for me, thank you. I've been trying to figure this one out for days. I thought it was some kind of spider-Link sense.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they had robots op

:goonsay: but they didn't. When you do the sidequest to translate the Zonai ruins around the sky, you learn Rauru's sister built them. The Zonai had extreme mining operations that seem to have hollowed out this massive continent. Them being some sort of villains in a future sequel would be correct. Maybe outside of Hyrule they control the rest of the continent, and Hyrule is just some kind of break-away region that they assume Rauru and his descendants are also controlling with an iron-fist?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

Just got around to visiting Death Mountain.

Oh no.

The Gorons delved too greedily and too deep.

y'all cowards don't even eat marble rock roast

Spanish Manlove posted:

just saw a random lightning bolt one shot a silver moblin who was just chilling in a camp. hell yes

lightning is incredibly OP, it'll one-shot silver boss bokoblins too.

BTW I found the tiktok I watched the first five seconds of earlier this week with the talking bokoblin Easter egg. Mild spoilers: I'm a disphit :pseudo:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRoKkos6/

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
My friend is playing the Japanese version and says the shrines are called hokora, which is the same word for these mini shrines in public places

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gerudo Main Quest: You trying to tell me all it took was Link shooting two arrows and Riju suddenly got this?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Robots don’t leave poes

All robots have souls, except that rear end in a top hat Scrapper from Skyward Sword

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

regarding gerudo balls: oh wow I have to do a lot of stuff for this quest, I bet the reward is going to be totally worth it!!!!
:negative:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

bawk posted:

y'all cowards don't even eat marble rock roast

:lol:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

MiracleFlare posted:

All robots have souls, except that rear end in a top hat Scrapper from Skyward Sword

He has a soul, but unlike everyone else for whom good and evil matters not, he went to turbo hell.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Down to my last fairy fountain unlock, and I'm mad the game won't let me launch these idiots at the flower bud.

YOUR CART SUCKS, AND IT HAS A STUPID NAME!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I could be wrong but I feel like every Addison puzzle is designed so that you can solve it using one object that happens to be laying around

I can’t tell if you get better rewards for it tho

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

I could be wrong but I feel like every Addison puzzle is designed so that you can solve it using one object that happens to be laying around

It is and you do not

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Failson posted:

Down to my last fairy fountain unlock, and I'm mad the game won't let me launch these idiots at the flower bud.

YOUR CART SUCKS, AND IT HAS A STUPID NAME!

I loved these quests and would have done half a dozen more to build some kind of orchestra, or failing that, a ska band.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Steve Yun posted:

Most you can solve with just the construction materials laying around nearby that typically have the same things at every site. But the last few I've done, I've just used the hover boards.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I found one where you have to cut down nearby trees to keep the sign up and I felt pretty smart figuring that out.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gerudo Main Quest: You trying to tell me all it took was Link shooting two arrows and Riju suddenly got this?

The ingame explanation is that she still can't aim, she's just using link's arrows as lighting rods so she doesn't have to. But out in the desert there are tons of gibdos pincushioned with arrows already.... Why couldn't she zap those?.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

regarding gerudo balls: oh wow I have to do a lot of stuff for this quest, I bet the reward is going to be totally worth it!!!!
:negative:

That quest was prettttty poo poo. The whole eighth heroine thing from BotW was a phenomenal source of speculation, and “oh we had some Hylian voe help us out so the eighth heroine was actually a man it’s obscure cuz we had to hide that fact teehee” is a boring, predictable, uninteresting followup to one of the weirdest mysteries in the first game. I was actually pretty disappointed by that.

Tears of the Kingdom doesn’t do a great job of following up on Breath of the Wild mysteries in general.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Like for example this

There was another one where the sign had a notch in it, and it was clearly so you could slip in a single board to lock into it and keep it upright

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Electric Phantasm posted:

I found one where you have to cut down nearby trees to keep the sign up and I felt pretty smart figuring that out.

Yeah but I’m wondering if they’re all solvable with a single object

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah but I’m wondering if they’re all solvable with a single object

The signs with tapered bases on slopes definitely need more than one item. I’m open to being proved wrong though.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Fangz posted:

This video has a demonstration with a simple wooden board https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5InZ6iknUM

So I watched the video and I get how a boat sails against the wind but it still relies on that wind, being an external force, pushing against the sail

I still don't get how a fan attached to a boat, blowing into the sail, somehow creates enough force to beat its own backwards drag but YOU KNOW WHAT I DON'T CARE ANYMORE ABOUt this SILLY DeRAIL

You know why? Because I MADE A PISTON AND IT WORKS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-CuY-unHA

No I wasn't the first and I'm not going to do anything more with it but I still feel clever for realizing the potential of combining the zonai wheel with a free-spinning wagon wheel.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

There are a few signs that I for-sure think are impossible with one object. Two objects was the lowest I could do on some, the Lake Hylia one comes to mind on the south shore and I know there's another one with a weirdly shaped sign that has both side tacked onto one side and at awkward angles which needs a bit more support.

Can you use the reverse time power on an object held up to support it so it'll stay in place, or does talking to Addison disable the power?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

AmbientParadox posted:

but they didn't.

They did have them though, the mining ops are littered with robot remains. What you said can hold true and also that the robots did the work.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The dead poes in the mines are either from slave workers and/or evidence zonaite is made from people's souls

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
they could just be from the indigenous population before the zonai figured out their home was full of delicious ore

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Okay wait, I’m a little confused regarding references to other games in BotW/TotK.

There’s a bunch of locations named after characters from previous Zelda games, usually corrupted or otherwise jumbled up, and there’s a handful of scenes and pieces of topography that heavily resemble the same from older games e.g. Temple of Time, Lon Lon Ranch, the Springs, Arbiter’s Grounds, and the Level 1 tree stump.

Are we meant to take these literally? Or are they just cutesy easter eggs and easy filler for the level designers, and everyone jumped straight to the conclusion of “oh my god it was all real”? Cause the more I think about it, the less the former makes sense.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Zonai people used to be around
Created constructs which can contain a person's spirit
Made of stones called Zonaite, named after the people
Lost souls can be found next to the ruined remains of constructs

Yall I think Rauru mightve been a war criminal

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

zzMisc posted:

You know why? Because I MADE A PISTON AND IT WORKS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-CuY-unHA

No I wasn't the first and I'm not going to do anything more with it but I still feel clever for realizing the potential of combining the zonai wheel with a free-spinning wagon wheel.

:wiggle:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rauru is hot so he is excused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

*pins picture of Rauru next to picture of young Stalin on corkboard of "war criminals... but kinda hot?"*