Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

euphronius posted:

government builds a lot of houses and sells them at low prices

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

skooma512 posted:

lol they probably wouldn't be permitted to do that anymore because current homeowners are entitled to ever rising prices and will sue.

governments also don't like GDP to go down, recessions, and in places with property tax, starving themselves of income

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

skooma512 posted:

I love how they call it 5% inflation when anybody with a memory longer than a couple months can see that food prices are 20% higher easily.

that 20% happened last year not a problem anymore

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

we gotta do the communism now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I dunno how you can say housing is gonna go down when any slight dip is negated by giant investment firms paying 10%+ over asking in cash to turn into rentals

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Antonymous posted:

we gotta do the communism now

its time

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

skooma512 posted:

I love how they call it 5% inflation when anybody with a memory longer than a couple months can see that food prices are 20% higher easily.

this is silly, food is not the only good in the economy.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Isn't there already a problem for boomers that nobody wants to buy their McMansions so they aren't able to sell and downsize without taking a big cut in price that they aren't willing to accept?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:siren:

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1666181578631045120

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

listen jack yes your spending 2-3 times more on food and almost everything else but did you know that we just created 50 million new posting jobs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Isn't there already a problem for boomers that nobody wants to buy their McMansions so they aren't able to sell and downsize without taking a big cut in price that they aren't willing to accept?

I haven’t noticed that problem

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

for example, food prices go up, but the price of labor doesn't. So inflation is somewhere in between the two rates

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

net work error posted:

Ready Buyer Dumb

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

This is marketing nonsense, apple loves to claim this about their products and their operating system, it's simply not true

There's no reason for their phones and computers to have the performance drops they do other than poorly optimized software. They are doing this on purpose, not because they are running into the limitations of processor architecture.

Exactly my point, it's bullshit planned obsolescence trying to squeeze every last drop of blood out of the stone

They want you on the "new phone every year" treadmill the same way car companies tried their damndest to get people to buy a new car each year. And with Apple, you can't just install a lighter and simpler version of Linux like Xfce onto the laptop or LineageOS onto the phone or whatever to keep the perfectly fine hardware usable

Well, you probably can, but it's not as simple due to how locked down they are...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

net work error posted:

Ready Buyer Dumb

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

It's happening

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Iverron posted:

gonna guess “lifestyle offices” are still somehow rows of desks in an open floor plan so you can smell all of your coworkers meals, farts and covid fumes

I love that the Lifestyle Office solution is a thing tech companies like Microsoft and Google were doing from 2007 onwards as perks, which they've actually completely cut in the past 2 years for market downturn reasons

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

dxt posted:

pepperony and chees

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LMAO

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Bitcoin is up 5% wtf

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

this is good for bitcoin

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think Coinbase is the only remaining crypto exchange?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

captainbananas posted:

In a vindication for Willa, Pew Research has officially given up on pushing the generation narrative in its polling, and will instead focus on actual demographic characteristics:

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/05/22/how-pew-research-center-will-report-on-generations-moving-forward/

A bit of a hollow victory now that polls are proving xers to be far worse than boomers. :wink:

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

what a rational market

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

skooma512 posted:

Bitcoin is up 5% wtf

I mean they're never not wash trading, so it doesn't go down on the app even if in reality you can't get sales unless you go below a certain price. Beyond that, the occasional panic from this sort of things could send money from other fake currencies into Bitcoin.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Jel Shaker posted:

they could set up a parallel poor person currency

bitcoin is the rich person currency so this has to be dollars

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think Coinbase is the only remaining crypto exchange?

lol not even close

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

webcams for christ posted:

what a rational market

400 inactive accounts were activated this morning when bitcoin was dropping and have been doing wash trades with CZ's account all day.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

we're in the 6th consecutive week of net crypto outflows totaling $272 million. net outflows in 13 of the past 20 weeks YTD

now 7th week of net outflows totaling $329 million of real fiat currency leaving.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

400 inactive accounts were activated this morning when bitcoin was dropping and have been doing wash trades with CZ's account all day.

lmao

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

it’s a very very big if and would take decades and only if wages also continued to inflate along with other goods.

but wages aren't inflating

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This has been coming for a long time. And it's not the only crypto operation the SEC is after. It's all crypto all the time there now.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I've also really enjoyed watching even the NFT wash traders lose steam as the whole thing fizzles out

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

NFTs are the most incredible grift i've ever seen, no exagerration

people thinking they own jpgs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

now 7th week of net outflows totaling $329 million of real fiat currency leaving.

good. just siphoning it out under the cover of the worlds most obvious cartoon smoke grenade propping up a fake price so the rubes don’t realize the money is being taken out until it suddenly crashes to $500 overnight

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

bitcoin is going up lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

why would they not allow advertising, don't all the ads make them more money?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

actionjackson posted:

why would they not allow advertising, don't all the ads make them more money?

they make the streamer money, not twitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Antonymous posted:

for example, food prices go up, but the price of labor doesn't. So inflation is somewhere in between the two rates

Push price of labour down as price of food go up, cancel each other out, net 0% inflation, bing bong so simple.