Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1666140194070724620

Hahahhahha hhhahaha ha ahah ah ah ah a hah ah ahhahahahahahahha haha ha ha ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
:lol: :lmao:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

Lmao tankie idiots pushing the narrative now that the US actually blew up the dam because neither Ukraine nor Russia benefits from it :allears: love seeing that one filter out from propagandist telegram into the tankiesphere in realtime

second boot has hit the dam

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If Americans are responsible for every Russian action that in no way helps Russia, then they are running the Kremlin

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

fatherboxx posted:

second boot has hit the dam

careful study will reveal that it is actually the same boot, proving that it was the same yank sabotage team

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

If Americans are responsible for every Russian action that in no way helps Russia, then they are running the Kremlin

i think that's the tankie version of horseshoe theory, where america is responsible for so much it loops around to controlling russia too and the unipolar world is complete

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I found the website that has the actual numbers the Russian Ministry of Defence uses

Pretty wild that it’s out there just free to access for anyone

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Toxic Mental posted:

Seymour Hersh is reporting that the US blew up the dam because Bin Laden was currently believed to be living there

Don't believe him? Here's a picture of the smoking gun glove. :smuggo:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Maybe the Tankies will find a baseball hat at the dam, as we all know Americans-

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Maybe the Tankies will find a baseball hat at the dam, as we all know Americans-

Its gonna be an entire 'Who's on First' comedy act.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

TulliusCicero posted:

...an entire country whose state religion is toxic masculinity

Literally the most accurate thing ever posted in this thread.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Why are the Russians so obsessed with saying they took out specifically, Leopard tanks?

Is that supposed to be like "own the Westoids" moment?

They (the regime) are so bizarre, like an entire country whose state religion is toxic masculinity

Perun's latest video on escalation management actually touches on this. First, when countries are just considering sending the new system, they yell and scream that it's a huge escalation because it's a big deal, but once the system is sent they have to explain why if it was such a big deal they didn't escalate, and well it's because it turns out it wasn't such a big deal at all those things sucked anyway Private Conscriptovich you have nothing to worry about

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Occupier posted a video of more detonations at the ZNPP

https://twitter.com/albafella1/status/1665959712330854400?s=20

No gore or anything but shows Russian mine explosions going off at the dam area of the Dnipro near the hydro plant specifically. Careful scrolling, I only vetted down the first 5 or 6 tweets but it contains footage of flooded areas and rescue efforts

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Deki posted:

Don't believe him? Here's a picture of the smoking gun glove soggy boot. :smuggo:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So called civilians in flooded areas have been seen wearing blue jeans, the most American of all clothing; coincidence, or American false flag provocation?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Is it already considered reliable that Ukraine has started their offensive? On the anniversary of D-Day more or less?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Lord Stimperor posted:

Is it already considered reliable that Ukraine has started their offensive? On the anniversary of D-Day more or less?

Blowing the dam is considered to be in response to the counteroffensive. The attack itself has been going on for at least a couple of days now

e: replaced with this new weird russian law:

https://www.garant.ru/news/1628124/

quote:

The procedure for regulating relations in the areas of industrial safety of hazardous production facilities and ensuring the safety of hydraulic structures in the territories of the DPR, LPR, Zaporozhye and Kherson regions was approved. The application of laws and regulations that were in force in the indicated territories until September 30, 2022 is provided for, to the extent that they do not contradict the laws of the Russian Federation. Also established is the procedure for certification and examination of industrial safety and safety of hydraulic structures, as well as registration of HIFs in the state register and certification.

Besides,

until September 1, 2023, certain provisions of the Law on the Safety of Hydraulic Structures do not apply to hydraulic structures located in new territories;

Until September 1, 2024, certain clauses of the Rules for the formation and maintenance of the Russian Register of Hydraulic Structures do not apply to hydraulic structures;

until March 1, 2024, information on hydraulic structures in these regions, put into operation before June 1, 2023, can be submitted for inclusion in the Russian register of hydraulic structures without declaring safety;

before September 1, 2026, safety declarations for hydraulic structures in these regions, put into operation before June 1, 2023, can be developed and submitted to Rostekhnadzor;

Until January 1, 2028, technical investigations of accidents at HIFs and accidents of hydraulic structures as a result of hostilities, sabotage and terrorist acts are not carried out ( Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 30, 2023 No. 873 ).

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 6, 2023

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Inside sources are reporting that the dam was actually housing Hunter Bidens laptop.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Tai posted:

So Russia lost 52 tanks, 207 armored vehicles and 3715 soldiers in 3 days? drat!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/UN/status/1665932022160965632?s=20

Happy Russian Language Day to all who celebrate. :haw:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

С днём русского языка!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
these loving monsters mined a HEDGEHOG, a loving hedgehog, they strapped an antipersonnel mine to it and sent it walking around, what the gently caress is wrong with these russians (they demined the poor thing and set it free safely after the video)

https://v.redd.it/jo5708vpag4b1

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Was it a very small mine or a very big hedgehog?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

neato burrito posted:

Was it a very small mine or a very big hedgehog?

thats a butterfly antipersonnel minelet typically fired from mine launchers that disperse in mid-air to spin while floating down for greater dispersal. They're lightweight but have about 300-350g of plastique, an individual minelet is light enough to attach to the hedgehog with only minor mobility issue

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's absolutely amazing that Moscow continues to bother drafting laws as though they're relevant at all

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

HonorableTB posted:

thats a butterfly antipersonnel minelet typically fired from mine launchers that disperse in mid-air to spin while floating down for greater dispersal. They're lightweight but have about 300-350g of plastique, an individual minelet is light enough to attach to the hedgehog with only minor mobility issue

Weapons like that feel especially...war crime-y. That is a tiny explosive and looks like a toy.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NY Post link, but Prigozhin had some things to say about the incursions.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/06/wagner-boss-afraid-putin-may-use-nuclear-weapons-in-russia/

quote:

“I’m afraid they might get the vile idea of throwing a small nuclear bomb on their own territory,” Prigozhin said, referring to the troubled Belgorod region on the border with Ukraine.

quote:

“Isn’t it why we [Russians] are retreating in the Belgorod region, allowing Ukrainian forces to advance?” Prigozhin wondered. “Because throwing [a nuclear bomb] at a foreign territory is scary, but we can throw one at our own, show everyone that we are mentally ill knockouts.”

Prigozhin described a scenario in which Kyiv’s soldiers would be stationed in some border village on Russian territory, and Moscow’s forces would blast them there with a tactical nuclear weapon.

But the Wagner chief, who has gained notoriety for launching scathing attacks at Russia’s top military leaders over their handling of the war, darkly joked that the nuclear attack might fail.

“It’s a big question whether the [nuclear weapon] would even function properly, seeing how they maintain the rest [of their equipment],” Prigozhin noted.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
lol seeding in now that 'Ukrainians are threatening to nuke themselves' so when Russia nukes Ukraine, they can retreat into the lie of 'those crazy Ukrainians bastards actually did it!'

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

lmfao, x-post

Notice the date they passed it

edit: some aerial footage of the damage (early on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUb1jtKyzJ8

Victis fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 6, 2023

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Gotta say I found today particularly hard to follow in light of the human and animal suffering due to the dam failure, on top of the, I loathe the term, usual war suffering. My kid is due in four weeks and it twists my insides to think what kind of a world he’s coming into. Think I’ll use those weeks to unsub and clear my head.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/UN/status/1665932022160965632?s=20

Happy Russian Language Day to all who celebrate. :haw:

And once again, the PR people are Ukraine are doing above and beyond work:

https://twitter.com/Ukraine/status/1666051761096867844

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Gejnor posted:

And once again, the PR people are Ukraine are doing above and beyond work:

https://twitter.com/Ukraine/status/1666051761096867844

:drat:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Weapons like that feel especially...war crime-y. That is a tiny explosive and looks like a toy.

Those feature in countless accounts from the Soviet-Afghan war as refugee camps in Pakistan were filling up with children missing arms and legs. I feel like it was quite common to see those dismissed as rabid anti-soviet hysteria.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

these loving monsters mined a HEDGEHOG, a loving hedgehog, they strapped an antipersonnel mine to it and sent it walking around, what the gently caress is wrong with these russians (they demined the poor thing and set it free safely after the video)

Dr. Rovatnik

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Randarkman posted:

Those feature in countless accounts from the Soviet-Afghan war as refugee camps in Pakistan were filling up with children missing arms and legs. I feel like it was quite common to see those dismissed as rabid anti-soviet hysteria.

There were also reports and photos earlier in the war of departing Russian soldiers leaving booby traps in schools, on children's toys, on a child's piano, etc.

These war crimes aren't accidental. They are policy.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Claes Oldenburger posted:

the maple seed-like wings do make it easier to spread over a wide area from a launcher in the air, but they do also make it look like a toy. hard to be definitive about whether that's purely unintended, a happy accident, or mustache-twirling evil with a thin veneer of plausible deniability on the designers' part.

of course, distributing large numbers of mines with no thought to deactivating them after the need has passed thereby saddling an area with UXO problems for the coming decades to century is evil regardless.

e: correction: the PFM-1S variant ostensibly neutralizes itself 1-40 hours after deployment. dunno how reliable that mechanism is or what the overall numbers of -1 vs -1S are. also there's no external way to tell the difference between them, apart from I suppose stepping on one after 41 hours. :rolleye:

tiaz fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 6, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Tai posted:

I'm getting reports that Russia has disabled Ukraine's Gundam Wing Zero with a T-34.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Dr. Rovatnik

lmao

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

beer_war posted:

Pro-Ukrainian Russian separatists demilitarized a Russian Colonel.

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1666138467770814464?s=20

Wow. That location is a lot further east than the last incursion. A little over 50 miles to the south east.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

StrangersInTheNight posted:

lol seeding in now that 'Ukrainians are threatening to nuke themselves' so when Russia nukes Ukraine, they can retreat into the lie of 'those crazy Ukrainians bastards actually did it!'

He's actually suggesting that Russia will nuke itself.