Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Spenders, and yes, they override.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

IcePhoenix posted:

You just have to unlock nightmare to access them.

oh, well that's what I get for being a work poster.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

McCoy Pauley posted:

In the Rogue skill tree, Poison Imbuement says "Your next 2 Imbueable Skills deal Poison damage" What are my "imbueable" skills -- my generators? My spenders?

Can I have two imbuements on at the same time, or if I trigger one and then another, does the second one override the first?

Every skill has keyword "tags" that make it very clear which category they fall into for things like "imbueable" when you hover over the skill.

You can also use the filter in the skill tree to click on the "imbueable" keyword and it will highlight every imbueable skill in the tree. In a nutshell though, it's all of your Energy spending skills, the two mobility melee attacks, and the arrow rain ultimate.

I am running poison and shadow imbue on my Rogue currently, and they will overwrite each other, but it's easy enough to just pop one, attack twice, then pop the other.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

runaway dog posted:

oh, well that's what I get for being a work poster.

I'm at work too but you would conceivably either hardlock yourself out of being able to finish renown if you did too much on wt2 or you would have to just do everything again and I've seen nobody complaining about either of those things so I took the logical step forward :v:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Wanna see who Mephisto boned down on. Oh no! It's the ex-wife!

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I'm at level 42 near the end of act 5 and really enjoying the story, I might even do the campaign again one day. I think after unblocking wt3 I'll just go to a bunch of sidequests and try find as many statues as I can without a guide, your only get to explore the world the first time once, might as well savour it.

I'm finding while leveling that after getting a useful aspect on a slot I don't bother upgrading it because I don't wanna spend the mats to extract it and put it on a rare that would be obsolete in a few levels anyway. Does that change much as you get past level 50, what's the optimal way to upgrade?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kaddish posted:

Blizzard put out a lore series on YouTube, it was posted like 100 pages ago. I'm sure it's easy to search for.

I don't think it's really needed if you just want to know what's going on in this game specifically.

Yeah those.

oh awesome i'll look for this

euphronius posted:

There are 3 prime evils. They are in hell. There is also heaven with a bunch of angels

Inarius is an angel. Lilith is a demon. They got married and created sanctuary, which is earth . And humans. That’s us.

nice, can i gently caress an angel too?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfVNgk_Hho

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Scoss posted:

Every skill has keyword "tags" that make it very clear which category they fall into for things like "imbueable" when you hover over the skill.

You can also use the filter in the skill tree to click on the "imbueable" keyword and it will highlight every imbueable skill in the tree. In a nutshell though, it's all of your Energy spending skills, the two mobility melee attacks, and the arrow rain ultimate.

I am running poison and shadow imbue on my Rogue currently, and they will overwrite each other, but it's easy enough to just pop one, attack twice, then pop the other.

Thanks. Totally missed there was the ability to filter by tags in the tree. Having trouble adjusting wrapping my brain around the structure of the tree and interplay between nodes compared to the D3 skills and their runes.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The synergies between classes are loving awesome. My wife & I are playing barb + sorc, as is tradition for us, and she can freeze mobs and use her fire snake to bring them close together, while my Death Blow kills them in one or two hits. Just total guts explosion all over the screen. No mob lasts more than a few seconds.

I love this game.

CLAM DOWN posted:

did you pay for the Ultimate edition?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
i love the one dungeon that has a healing cauldron that you have to use to trigger the mob but if you're at full health you can't use it so they just straight up place a spike trap right under that clips through it

i can imagine some dev going "eh good enough ship it"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Floor is lava posted:

i love the one dungeon that has a healing cauldron that you have to use to trigger the mob but if you're at full health you can't use it so they just straight up place a spike trap right under that clips through it

i can imagine some dev going "eh good enough ship it"

Ooooh I thought that was a bug. I was dodging the spikes, like a fool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

okay all strongholds complete. :toot: time to complete all dungeons now lol.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i don't know if it's just the server lag, but i got my horse and it feels sort of janky. I get stuck on little bits of scenery and the speed annoyingly varies based on how far the cursor is from your character. Horsie is for going fast, just make it max fast all the time please

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Maybe. I don’t think it works like biologically tho

It would have to be more of a spiritual thing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bardeh posted:

i don't know if it's just the server lag, but i got my horse and it feels sort of janky. I get stuck on little bits of scenery and the speed annoyingly varies based on how far the cursor is from your character. Horsie is for going fast, just make it max fast all the time please

Yeah the horse stutters in place a lot for me. It’s probably some network thing.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Finished a tree of whisper bounty, picked cache of gauntlets and 4 yellow gauntlets and a legendary two hander popped out :confused:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

World boss spawning at 615 CST

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

yorkinshire posted:

Finished a tree of whisper bounty, picked cache of gauntlets and 4 yellow gauntlets and a legendary two hander popped out :confused:

Yeah that can happen. It's not guaranteed to only be that item so sometimes you get a random extra that happens to be better than everything else.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Server making GBS threads the bed as I was opening a 150 cinder chest. I heard the ding and saw the star in the map, hope that lands in my stash……

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

euphronius posted:

Maybe. I don’t think it works like biologically tho

It would have to be more of a spiritual thing

great just like my last relationship

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
pop poison imbue

hammer fist Rain of Arrows hotkey

hoo hahahaha hee hee ho ho

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
This puzzle scenario in a random cellar accomplished what every actual monster didn't and got me killed. :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yorkinshire posted:

I'm lucky if I even get a legendary. The tree of whisper seems kinda useless other than for getting Sigils?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Doomykins posted:

pop poison imbue

hammer fist Rain of Arrows hotkey

hoo hahahaha hee hee ho ho

I found a legendary that gives a 10% chance of casting Rain of Arrows when I do a basic attack and things are melting. Even more aoe for my Poison Flurry rogue. Definitely incorporating this into my build.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

LifeLynx posted:

I found a legendary that gives a 10% chance of casting Rain of Arrows when I do a basic attack and things are melting. Even more aoe for my Poison Flurry rogue. Definitely incorporating this into my build.

and here I am using Blade Shift because it makes me poke things fast and rapid numbers make me feel good :allears:

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I'm lucky if I even get a legendary. The tree of whisper seems kinda useless other than for getting Sigils?

Are you doing it on WT3? I've only done three caches and I've gotten at least one legendary in each one.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Applied to Cathedral of Goons. Someone please let me in :v: Game rules.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Schwawa posted:

Are you doing it on WT3? I've only done three caches and I've gotten at least one legendary in each one.

Yeah only world tier 3 at this point, i'm strong enough that the world content isn't a problem.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Found the Scoundrel from D3 and he seems to be going okay, doesn't look like he hooked up with the Sorceress though. :(

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
So I've been prioritizing damage to injured enemies because...aren't all enemies injured after they take a wack or two? As a Chain Lightning/Arc Lash sorc I've been absolutely demolishing everything (including T2 A6) because of an awesome 2H staff. I'm hesitant to give it up because it has a huge damage to injured enemies boost...am I putting too much stock in that?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Injured is below… 35%? And healthy is 85%+.

Loading screen told me this.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

There is no challenge to this game besides logging in, unless you are a hardcore player

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

ultrachrist posted:

Injured is below… 35%? And healthy is 85%+.

Loading screen told me this.

Okay that's helpful to know - thanks!

Is anyone running the end game Arc Lash build? I know the recent nerf probably neutered it a little bit but from what I've seen it's still incredibly powerful (without needing a mana spend)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

goferchan posted:

Oh gently caress I'm in WT3 now and I had no idea +skill items could roll for passives too :stare: getting some of those above the cap could be a gamechanger

related to this, sacred items w a +2 to a skill will end up at +3 on the final upgrade :ssh:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Azubah posted:

Found the Scoundrel from D3 and he seems to be going okay, doesn't look like he hooked up with the Sorceress though. :(
I posted about finding him on the Discord because I figured it'd be spoilers.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I got the unique chest that makes you permanently a werebear, which loving owns, except for the fact that you still turn back into a human when you get on your horse and climb ladders and stuff.

I was really hoping to see the giant werebear riding a normal size horse, Radahn style.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
I'm gonna start using a guide. Y'all can't stop me. I'm gonna be better than you at the game AND gently caress my supermodel wife. Rage on.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
If a skill says it affects Healthy things just look down at the bottom of the skill window where it tells you what Healthy means. Keywords are all like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Kinda wish there was a glossary or an index where I can see all those types of effects at once.