Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
just “watched” the Spanish GP

and by watched, I mean watched the first two laps, and then skipped to random points ahead until the end. All told, took about 10 minutes.

10/10, would recommend as a way to watch F1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

:laffo: "yeah, we know it's bad, that's why we end up in last place. Duh."

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
so that's why he was saying to not even think about making progress this year, he probably has 100% of his resources trying to fix that shitbox for next year

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The most amazing part of that video is that he initially tries to be like "look these were different angles" as if there wouldn't be a glaring deficit in design from some other angle before just coping to their floor being poo poo at the end.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sunk Dunk posted:

so that's why he was saying to not even think about making progress this year, he probably has 100% of his resources trying to fix that shitbox for next year

I mean it sorta? maybe? worked for Haas 2021 > 2022. They had an alright car last year at the start.
It's still funny as gently caress though.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Zedd posted:

I mean it sorta? maybe? worked for Haas 2021 > 2022. They had an alright car last year at the start.
It's still funny as gently caress though.

oh that's why they fired mick

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I'm about to be a Williams fan if they keep putting out content this good.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"A lot of people are looking at a picture of our floor and making a very unfair assumption that it's the cause of our issues. I will be clear, the entire car is a piece of poo poo, have you seen how slow it is?"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

"We were celebrating a 16th place finish in Barcelona for gently caress's sake."

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
That is great stuff.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Khablam posted:

"A lot of people are looking at a picture of our floor and making a very unfair assumption that it's the cause of our issues. I will be clear, the entire car is a piece of poo poo, have you seen how slow it is?"

“to clarify, Frank Williams did not die of natural causes, he killed himself when he saw our designs for future seasons”

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

more like dan pricktum

I think the preferred bad pun nickname is Dick Tantrum.

there are lots of good lads meaning well in Formula E, Rene Rast might be purely the fastest but he also slagged off Formula E in an interview last year before getting hired back in for this season :xd: otherwise it's a lot of "oh I've seen him in sports cars" and fewer F2/F3 burnouts.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Williams should go all in and just make a reality show of every aspect of car and driver development. no secrets. no other team is going to do that and they have nothing to lose. people would love it.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i bought my wife a stoffel vandoorne mclaren shirt because it was on sale for like six dollars and i think that's a cool f1 race car driver name (despite his dutch-ness)

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i can't believe logan was 12th in bahrain. i didnt know what i had until it was gone

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ArmZ posted:

Williams should go all in and just make a reality show of every aspect of car and driver development. no secrets. no other team is going to do that and they have nothing to lose. people would love it.

hell yeah

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ArmZ posted:

might as well, nobody is going to copy whatever they come up with. Hell, make it a youtube series and take suggestions on the design from randos in the comments.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Bring back Latifi and have him host the show

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

"Make sure when I'm talking about how poo poo our car is the video shows a picture of our car so the audience can clearly see how poo poo our car is"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

just “watched” the Spanish GP

and by watched, I mean watched the first two laps, and then skipped to random points ahead until the end. All told, took about 10 minutes.

10/10, would recommend as a way to watch F1

I just wait for my phone to pop up with the youtube alert for the "highlights" video.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the milk machine posted:

i bought my wife a stoffel vandoorne mclaren shirt because it was on sale for like six dollars and i think that's a cool f1 race car driver name (despite his dutch-ness)

Stoffel isn't Dutch he's Flemish, it's an important distinction

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Alaois posted:

yeah it's max who's the wall loon

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

S2E2: I liked Magnussen and felt bad for Grosjean is S1 but they are starting to annoy me.

The Rich Energy guy gave off big time Ponzi Scheme/Elizabeth Holmes vibes. Him bailing after only one payment is the least surprising thing in the show so far.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

might as well, nobody is going to copy whatever they come up with. Hell, make it a youtube series and take suggestions on the design from randos in the comments.

A crowd-source engineered car would surely do at least a little better than where they're at

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

S2E2: I liked Magnussen and felt bad for Grosjean is S1 but they are starting to annoy me.

The Rich Energy guy gave off big time Ponzi Scheme/Elizabeth Holmes vibes. Him bailing after only one payment is the least surprising thing in the show so far.

compared to the bitcoin sponsors it's pretty quaint actually

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Judge Schnoopy posted:

A crowd-source engineered car would surely do at least a little better than where they're at

Open Source the car, that way it gets around the budget caps!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
laughing a the picture in my head of a Homercar racing in Vegas

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

not just decent. he was going to win the indy 500 if that loving honda engine didn't blow up

He wasn’t faster than Takuma Sato, and he was running 7th when the engine let go.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

FAUXTON posted:

compared to the bitcoin sponsors it's pretty quaint actually

I went back and forth between bitcoin bro and Ponzi scheme to describe it.

E3: Daniel and his “personal trainer” playing basketball had way more sexual chemistry than the last date I went on.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

He wasn’t faster than Takuma Sato, and he was running 7th when the engine let go.

Nobody is faster than Takuma Sato

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Alaois posted:

i did not know this, ty. important information

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

laughing a the picture in my head of a Homercar racing in Vegas

Someone post the USF1 Team car that was created here :xd:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Custard Undies posted:

Someone post the USF1 Team car that was created here :xd:

Post the picture where they made all the drivers look British and put them in NASCAR gear

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Don't give up on Grosjean too early, he'll go out with a big bang

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

BigJohn is straight fire in later seasons

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

as the only american in the thread who didn't start watching F1 because of DTS, does the first season talk about Marcus Ericsson at all considering it was his last year in F1 or was he as anonymous on it as he was for most of his F1 career

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

Was that book about the whole Rich energy saga any good?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Alaois posted:

as the only american in the thread who didn't start watching F1 because of DTS

Ahem :unsmith: :911:

I can’t remember but also that first season was much more focused on a few teams (and all the better for it, IMO). I don’t think Sauber/Alfa was one.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I miss the days when the top three would sit at a table after the race and do a debrief while drinking Tang or Gatorade or whatever that orange substance was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

harperdc posted:

Ahem :unsmith: :911:

I can’t remember but also that first season was much more focused on a few teams (and all the better for it, IMO). I don’t think Sauber/Alfa was one.

I would have thought they'd at least talk about Obvious Future Golden Boy Charles Leclerc