Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I think you're right, his shirt matches the one in the pictures. ta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Alan Smithee posted:

white noise?

Pretty sure that’s correct.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Alan Smithee posted:

white noise?

I’ll thank you not to discuss my posting

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

oldpainless posted:

I’ll thank you not to discuss my posting

did you say something

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Adam Driver lookin like Fred Armisen in that shot lol

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
Trying to figure out a scene I saw in something recently. I think a TV show but maybe a movie. It's a breakfast or lunch meeting in a fancy office. An older woman executive or lawyer is attending a meeting with a powerful company. She is a representative or go between for another company that the first company is hoping to buy. She reports that the family running the second company is not receptive to the offer. A fancy meal is wheeled out but she says she only attended as a courtesy and doesn't want to eat. Another detail is that she was brought in through a back entrance because the company is under media scrutiny for something going on, so there are reporters all over the front entrance.

I'm 90% sure that this isn't Succession, but it popped into my head because of all the attention around the finale. I feel like it is something obvious and relatively recent.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Martman posted:

Adam Driver lookin like Fred Armisen in that shot lol

I thought it was Steve Coogan at first

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

BrownPepper posted:

Trying to figure out a scene I saw in something recently. I think a TV show but maybe a movie. It's a breakfast or lunch meeting in a fancy office. An older woman executive or lawyer is attending a meeting with a powerful company. She is a representative or go between for another company that the first company is hoping to buy. She reports that the family running the second company is not receptive to the offer. A fancy meal is wheeled out but she says she only attended as a courtesy and doesn't want to eat. Another detail is that she was brought in through a back entrance because the company is under media scrutiny for something going on, so there are reporters all over the front entrance.

I'm 90% sure that this isn't Succession, but it popped into my head because of all the attention around the finale. I feel like it is something obvious and relatively recent.

This absolutely sounds like the Safe Room episode of Succession.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Metaline posted:

This absolutely sounds like the Safe Room episode of Succession.

Looked it up and you're right on. I've only seen a handful of Succession episodes, so I really didn't think that was it. You'd think I would have remembered Holly Hunter... Thanks!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Warning (for a bit o' gore)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JQdCDSaR0&t=20s

In the opening credits of this review video, at 16 seconds in, what movie is that hanging scene from?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Defcon 4 (1985)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DRINK ME posted:

Defcon 4 (1985)

Thanks!

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Indie romantic drama movie I saw at least 8 years ago. Guy falls in love with a stand-offish and possibly mentally ill woman, and convinces her to be his girlfriend and let him move in. She seems blase about the whole thing at first, and tries pushing him away at times while also slowly falling for him as well. She is also financially dependent on her domineering father, I think? At the end of the movie, with the boyfriend's help and/or therapy, she comes to terms with the fact that she was molested by her father when she was a child.

I know, sounds pretty upbeat right? Any help would be appreciated.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

MrGreenShirt posted:

Indie romantic drama movie I saw at least 8 years ago. Guy falls in love with a stand-offish and possibly mentally ill woman, and convinces her to be his girlfriend and let him move in. She seems blase about the whole thing at first, and tries pushing him away at times while also slowly falling for him as well. She is also financially dependent on her domineering father, I think? At the end of the movie, with the boyfriend's help and/or therapy, she comes to terms with the fact that she was molested by her father when she was a child.

That sounds a lot like the John C. Reilly/Melora Walters subplot of Magnolia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0JIohn0pfU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Definitely not my movie. Younger adults, no recognizable actors if I recall correctly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
90s gangsta movie

kids holding molotov cocktail and some older G's drive by and yell "throw it!"

kid hesitates and the G blasts him with a gat

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
A fairly recent (last 15 years?) war movie where the characters leave a POW camp, and walk back to allied territory. At one point, they're on a mountain talking about the food they miss and one of them says "salt".

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

MrGreenShirt posted:

This sounds like Good Dick

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Allyn posted:

This sounds like Good Dick

Yes! My god, thank you! This has been driving me crazy for ages.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

A fairly recent (last 15 years?) war movie where the characters leave a POW camp, and walk back to allied territory. At one point, they're on a mountain talking about the food they miss and one of them says "salt".

Maybe The Way Back, directed by Peter Weir

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It’s not that one with Christian Bale and Steve Zahn, is it? Rescue Dawn, the Herzog one. I vaguely remember an exchange like that.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Remembered a snippet of what I assume is some kind of crime film where a cop or a lawyer or one of that crowd is explaining that they can't arrest/prosecute a psychic for fraud because she doesn't charge people for her predictions, she just encourages them to give her gifts. Probably saw it no later than the mid 2000s if that helps at all.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Black Rainbow, maybe?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

Price Check posted:

Maybe The Way Back, directed by Peter Weir

Was also going to suggest this.

Missing salt more than anything else reminds me of the Lykov family.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

freebooter posted:

Was also going to suggest this.

Missing salt more than anything else reminds me of the Lykov family.

Yes! Me too.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The Way Back seems likely - I'd conflated a lot of it with The Railway Man, somehow.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I'll check it out, cheers.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Someone using the line "10 million dollars isn't money, it's a motive with a universal adaptor". I might have the amount wrong.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Torquemada posted:

Someone using the line "10 million dollars isn't money, it's a motive with a universal adaptor". I might have the amount wrong.

The Way of the Gun

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Thanks! Brain failed me for a moment.

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022

Pilchenstein posted:

Remembered a snippet of what I assume is some kind of crime film where a cop or a lawyer or one of that crowd is explaining that they can't arrest/prosecute a psychic for fraud because she doesn't charge people for her predictions, she just encourages them to give her gifts. Probably saw it no later than the mid 2000s if that helps at all.

I think the Gift https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0219699/.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
You'd think I would remember Cate Blanchett, Keanu Reeves and Sam Raimi but this seems like something I would definitely have watched back then so thank you.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Not sure if this from a movie or a TV show, or the exact context, but I have this line in my head that goes, "What's wrong with you? What, didn't get hugged enough as a kid?". Probably not the exact wording, but something like that. I feel like it's the hero saying it to the villain, but not sure.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
This is a bit of a reach but in the video game Shadows of the Damned:

Johnson: This demon is an absolute lunatic.

Garcia: Don't be so down on the guy. Maybe his mother forgot to hug him or he played too many video games.

Always loved that line, as if the demon's mother was like "oops! I forgot to hug him!!"

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Detective Thompson posted:

Not sure if this from a movie or a TV show, or the exact context, but I have this line in my head that goes, "What's wrong with you? What, didn't get hugged enough as a kid?". Probably not the exact wording, but something like that. I feel like it's the hero saying it to the villain, but not sure.

Pretty sure the drill sergeant says something like that to pvt Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. But it's one of those cliche kind of lines that I feel has been said by a dozen anti heroes, though I can't think of any atm.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Steve Bushemi's character in Con Air says at one point about one of the other convicts, "Pick your cliche, Mother held him too much or not enough..."

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
It seems familiar to me too but it might be because it’s kind of cliched. I thought it was Deadpool but Google says no.

Talladega Nights is a no as well, that was: “someone didn’t love you enough when you were little - did they?”

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
90s Canadian Movie. Maybe Alaska.
Main star is a native american lady, in her 20s.
Shes hitch hiking, and meets random other people, with at least one kid with no parents, and they form a family unit of sorts.
She keeps meaning to continue hitch hiking, but decides to stay in the end.

Bit obscure, remember seeing it and threw me on how good it made me feel.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Here's one I asked several years ago, and no one is sure:

What looks like an eighties movie by dress and quality of the effects, i saw it in the mid-ninties. A young man is running up a staircase of what looks like a mansion or a hotel with urgency. Intercut is a woman, but she's on a bed deflating, like her bones are disappearing. She seems more panicked than pained. While this is happening, there's a "fairy dust" style effect.

I know Society was suggested, and it's not that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speedofdark
Jun 25, 2003
Nobody knows you when you're a stupid newbie.

Disco Pope posted:

Here's one I asked several years ago, and no one is sure:

What looks like an eighties movie by dress and quality of the effects, i saw it in the mid-ninties. A young man is running up a staircase of what looks like a mansion or a hotel with urgency. Intercut is a woman, but she's on a bed deflating, like her bones are disappearing. She seems more panicked than pained. While this is happening, there's a "fairy dust" style effect.

I know Society was suggested, and it's not that.

Could it be Strange Invaders?

Here's a part which sounds similar to your description.