Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I made a list of "official" videos that come from the government or government leaks

Pentagon declassifies Navy 'UFO' videos (2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWLZgnmRDs4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TumprpOwHY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUrTsrhVce4

The Debrief
https://thedebrief.org/incursions-at-the-border-homeland-security-agents-tell-of-encounters-with-uap/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oNIqlLXtLI&t=10s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEhgnkQoPqQ&t=28s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2SUy8TeQ7g&t=1412s

Jeremy Corbell
https://www.extraordinarybeliefs.com/news4/navy-filmed-spherical-ufos
https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbell/status/1393281339525255168?s=20

UAP videos shown during 2022 UFO hearing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVshaCCwxxM

2023 Hearing Footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Wmap12xm0
^that last one came out only a month ago

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The last one looks like a drone I dunno

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
They're from the government so all these videos should have gone through a process of being labelled as remarkable or defying physics. On the reports they have admitted to having hundreds of similar videos.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Has there ever been a video captured from non-military proprietary systems that experts think are unexplainable? These systems being locked down makes nearly every video nonsense as no one can independently confirm anything.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Has there ever been a video captured from non-military proprietary systems that experts think are unexplainable? These systems being locked down makes nearly every video nonsense as no one can independently confirm anything.

I think the only reason we catch these things on video is because the military has 'high-tech' radar, locking systems, etc. And as you can see, it still looks like technology from the 80s. I dont think regular people have any chance of capturing one of these on film. The last report says most of them operate above the altitude planes fly at.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

"Alien spacecraft" and UFOs and poo poo are red herrings. You can dress up a lot of poo poo in the sky for that. I don't give a gently caress about someone's weird rear end drone. If you want me to believe in aliens show me an alien, not a dressed up kite. The fixation on the not-actual-aliens is a misdirection people!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Pontificating rear end posted:

I think the only reason we catch these things on video is because the military has 'high-tech' radar, locking systems, etc. And as you can see, it still looks like technology from the 80s. I dont think regular people have any chance of capturing one of these on film. The last report says most of them operate above the altitude planes fly at.

Fair point! Okay let’s mount a few Nikon’s and cannons canon’s with those 1000mm lenses on the jets and do some fun runs! Or how about a balloon? They take very steady pictures and can go up high.

Why isn’t Elon showboating and coming up with these half baked solutions?

It doesn’t add up

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
UAPx is an independant coolition trying to get cameras all over the world for this kind of research. Their first endeavor is setting up a bunch of high-tech sensors and imagining devices on the Catalina islands so they can have several devices miles apart in ideal lighting conditions. They did present a couple weird incidents in the 1 year report; but of course the result looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCDzCxjPEM&t=5230s

They can say "we caught all this data on all these sensors," but there honestly needs to be some kind of big leap in imaging technology before we have more information.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Fair point! Okay let’s mount a few Nikon’s and cannons canon’s with those 1000mm lenses on the jets and do some fun runs! Or how about a balloon? They take very steady pictures and can go up high.

Why isn’t Elon showboating and coming up with these half baked solutions?

It doesn’t add up
Elon is a Sectoid sympathizer

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

post a youtube video of hanging out with the alien spacemen, checking out their car, maybe going for a ride around the galactic block. oh hey yeah sure ill give this alien burrito a try OH WOW thats something for sure okay like and subscribe

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Pontificating rear end posted:

UAPx is an independant coolition trying to get cameras all over the world for this kind of research. Their first endeavor is setting up a bunch of high-tech sensors and imagining devices on the Catalina islands so they can have several devices miles apart in ideal lighting conditions. They did present a couple weird incidents in the 1 year report; but of course the result looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCDzCxjPEM&t=5230s

They can say "we caught all this data on all these sensors," but there honestly needs to be some kind of big leap in imaging technology before we have more information.

This is very cool! OpenAI or Google should volunteer to process their data for anomalies.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yeah, even though I've had a lifelong interest in the subject, I'm at the point where I don't care to hear another spun yarn or view another fuzzy dot going in a straight line. If there's nothing, ok. If there is, ok. I'm glad some departments are on researching the topic and until they release some findings I'm going to simply ignore these grifters and whack jobs that come out purporting special knowledge. If I need to be lied to, I'll listen to my cat scream at me about how hungry he is despite having a full dish of food.

naem
May 29, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

It's simple. Take a pic of a captured uap with a gat dang smart phone and post it in this thread

I just want a picture of a gat dang hot dog

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wish I could get excited by this but I just see blurry videos of dots with a voice over saying "You see that dot? We've never seen a dot do that before. We don't even think we could make a dot do that."

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wish I could get excited by this but I just see blurry videos of dots with a voice over saying "You see that dot? We've never seen a dot do that before. We don't even think we could make a dot do that."

I know man... you're tellin me...

It's honestly kind of sad the government holds this information back though, because at the end of the day we are all being deprived of knowing something greater.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Short of one landing in your yard I don't know what you want for the start of what could be significant disclosures.

Uh huh. I'm sure this time it's for real, not like all those other times.

Whatever. Good luck with your "UFO."

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Who says anyone has anything more than videos of inexplicable dots and reports of people seeing "something" in the sky to divulge?

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
Even if it is real, who gives a poo poo. Bring me the head of an ET or shut the gently caress up.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ashpanash posted:

Uh huh. I'm sure this time it's for real, not like all those other times.

Whatever. Good luck with your "UFO."

Hey, I understand your skepticism. I'm still not 100% all the people named including the writers won't come out tomorrow and say they had nothing to do with any of this.

I'm just saying if these people actually wrote it they've broken stories like this before and I trust their corroboration work. And if everything is corroborated, that's pretty big to me.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Hot, single aliens in YOUR area NEED tight bussy

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ez8 posted:

Even if it is real, who gives a poo poo. Bring me the head of an ET or shut the gently caress up.

Look ET may be super annoying but I feel like we probably shouldn't be hunting aliens for sport.

If you just want to hunt ET for meat that's cool though.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Who says anyone has anything more than videos of inexplicable dots and reports of people seeing "something" in the sky to divulge?

This guy, for one:
https://www.newsweek.com/ufo-uap-craft-found-covered-whistleblower-claims-1804733
There are a lot of people that would fit this description, from what I've heard. People who work in the government or military saying stuff like this is well-worn US cannon at this point, isnt it? That's why they call it a conspiracy, after all.

However, the conspiracy from what I've gathered, is simply the government defaulting to classification; specifically the boomers and doomers at the Pentagon. Cold-War Era holdover stuff.

Although, the reason the guy in the article was able to report this is thorough whistleblower protections have been implemented in the last 10 years as it relates (fairly specifically) to this kind of disclosure. The arc of UAP/UFO scene in the government in the last 10 years is actually moving very positively towards disclosure.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

yeah, disclosing the military even more money

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

yeah, disclosing the military even more money

Sir there is a loving world-war in ukraine and you think this is where they're going for money?>

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

youre saying uso's did nordstream?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

youre saying uso's did nordstream?

Bob Hope planted the charges

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Murphy's law says anything juicy will stay classified.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Murphy's law would say that all attempts to classify stuff would fail because Murphy's law is that 'anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.'
Not sure what law you're thinking of, but Murphy's ain't it.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Murphy's law would say that all attempts to classify stuff would fail because Murphy's law is that 'anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.'
Not sure what law you're thinking of, but Murphy's ain't it.

If we consider a satisfactory level of disclosure, "going right", then things are going to go wrong.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

murphy’s law predicted someone would eventually misapply murphy’s law

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

UFOs are real, which is something I'm saying now because eventually it will be right, then I can tell all the skeptics I always knew.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Murphy was an alien all along.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

maybe the aliens themselves are super grainy, so we’ll just never get a nice, clear look at em.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vakal posted:

Murphy was an alien all along.

Aliens apparently don't think much of humanity. I mean fair, but it still hurts to hear. :(

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if aliens dont talk down to us i wont respect them

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

They are going to hold a hearing on this guys 'evidence':

"The Guardian posted:

The House of Representatives plans to investigate claims that the US government is harboring UFOs after a whistleblower former intelligence official said the US has possession of “intact and partially intact” alien vehicles.

James Comer, the Republican chair of the House oversight committee, said the committee would hold a hearing into claims by David Grusch, who led analysis of unexplained anomalous phenomena (UAP) within a US Department of Defense agency, that the government had been collecting non-human craft for “decades”.

Grusch, who left the government in April after a 14-year career in US intelligence, told the Debrief that information on these vehicles was being illegally withheld from Congress.

“There will be oversight of that,” Comer told NewsNation. “We plan on having a hearing.”

Comer said he had heard about Grusch’s claims, but added: “I don’t know anything about it.”

The timing of the hearing is not yet determined, but a source familiar with the matter said a date is expected to be announced in the next few weeks. Tim Burchett and Anna Paulina Luna, Republican members of Congress from Florida and Tennessee, respectively, will lead the oversight committee investigation.

Burchett is working closely with House oversight committee leaders to prepare for a hearing, the congressman’s office said. The witness list for the hearing has not yet been set, so it is unclear whether Grusch will publicly testify before the oversight committee.

“Congressman Burchett’s office is working through logistics, including a witness list of the most credible witnesses and sources who would be able to speak openly at an unclassified hearing,” a spokesperson said.

Austin Hacker, a spokesman for the committee, told the Guardian in a statement: “In addition to recent claims by a whistleblower, reports continue to surface regarding unidentified aerial phenomena. The House oversight committee is following these UAP reports and is in the early stages of planning a hearing,” Hacker said in a statement.

“The National Defense Authorization Act for 2022 created the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office which coordinates among the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, Nasa, and other federal agencies to study UAPs.

“Americans, who continue to fund this federal government work, expect transparency and meaningful oversight from Congress.”

Luna addressed her appointment in a tweet on Wednesday.

“Thank you @RepJamesComer! Very happy to announce @RepTimBurchett and myself will be working with the @GOPoversight team to lead out the investigation into UAPs (UFOs),” Luna said.

Grusch made his claims in an interview with the Debrief journalists Leslie Kean and Ralph Blumenthal, who previously exposed the existence of a secret Pentagon program that investigated UFOs.

He said the US government and defense contractors had been recovering fragments of non-human craft, and in some cases entire craft, for decades.

“We are not talking about prosaic origins or identities,” Grusch told the Debrief. “The material includes intact and partially intact vehicles.”

Grusch said analysis determined that this material was “of exotic origin” – meaning “non-human intelligence, whether extraterrestrial or unknown origin”.

According to the Debrief, Grusch’s knowledge of non-human materials and vehicles was based on “extensive interviews with high-level intelligence officials”. He said he had reported the existence of a UFO material “recovery program” to Congress.

In the Debrief article, Grusch does not say he hasdpersonally seen alien vehicles, nor does he say where they may be being stored, but in a follow-up interview with NewsNation, he insisted his story was accurate.

“We’re definitely not alone,” Grusch said. “The data points, quite empirically, that we’re not alone.”

Jonathan Grey, a current US intelligence official at the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (Nasic), confirmed the existence of “exotic materials” to the Debrief.

“The non-human intelligence phenomenon is real. We are not alone,” Grey said.

“Retrievals of this kind are not limited to the United States. This is a global phenomenon, and yet a global solution continues to elude us.”

Grusch told the Debrief that he had filed a complaint with the intelligence community inspector general. That complaint contained classified locations, program names and other data, the Debrief said.

Nick Pope, who spent the early 1990s investigating UFOs for the British Ministry of Defence, said the existence of that complaint could hamper the oversight committee investigation.

“As an active complaint it is very difficult to get into the substance of the testimony, because it constitutes interference with an ongoing investigation,” Pope said.

Pope added: “So, for anyone who thinks great, the hearing will determine whether David Grusch’s allegations are correct or not, I think an awful lot of [what is said in the hearing] is going to be: ‘That’s the subject of an ongoing investigation and we can’t discuss it.’”

Pope said to find out whether Grusch’s claims about alien craft are true, “we need a few key pieces of information”.

“Number one is the project name or office name. Number two is who is the person in charge of that – the director, the commanding officer, whoever it is? Thirdly, what agency is it embedded in?”

Grusch’s claims came after a series of credible sightings and reports over the past two years.

In 2021, the Pentagon released a report on “unidentified anomalous phenomena” – the term is preferred to UFO by many extraterrestrial enthusiasts and investigators – which found more than 140 instances of UAP encounters that could not be explained.

The report followed a leak of military footage that showed apparently inexplicable happenings in the sky, while navy pilots testified that they had frequently had encounters with strange craft off the US coast.

Following renewed interest in UFOs the Pentagon established the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) in 2022, to investigate unexplained phenomena.

In April this year Sean Kirkpatrick, the director of AARO, told the Senate armed forces committee that the office had “found no credible evidence thus far of extraterrestrial activity, off-world technology or objects that defy the known laws of physics”.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

My source is I know a guy, but trust me, he's legit this time. Aliens are for super sure real, and you know this by how many times the truth has finally been revealed. This one will stick tho, definitely.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah I've been working on those alien drones for a few years now. Sorry goons, they're just too much fun to pilot to allow the general public to know, it'd be like those rats with brain chips that just keep pressing the pleasure button.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

... and now this.

https://www.8newsnow.com/investigators/las-vegas-family-claims-to-see-aliens-after-several-report-something-falling-from-sky/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

lol