Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Recoome posted:

Bucky have you considered whether presenting groups/council with a huge "theory of everything" map that it's going to look too hard or too big for a single organ to accomplish?

It's great to have an overarching vision or goal, or eventual end state, but could it even be more helpful to break it down into smaller chunks that can be achieved quickly? This is the consultant in me talking here but your proposition is so batshit insane and huge that it's really easy to dismiss out of hand.

My challenge to you is to identify basically one small, achievable win that'd make a difference - and start with that as a point of advocacy.

Again, the reason why is because the plan is so huge that there's no way to know whether any of it is doable (you are on the outside of the doing process). Starting to chunk it down to the components where it can be evaluated by the experts is really the next step as you have an ideal end state.

I mean, yes and no? The value of the network is in its scale and its interconnectivity. I wish I had more confidence that you weren't just winding me up but you're basically going back to the same system fragmented that Rougey was lamenting.

It's really not that big or batshit, most of it already exists. It's absolutely doable.

Anyone can break it down into as many smaller chunks as they like. That's kind of the point as well. What is a big superhighway if not a series of smaller components persisting. I already suggested the airport to opera house line, or the 3 motorway loop, or the North Sydney sky bridge. But the best bet would be to get the premier to recognise the value of the network as a whole, and sign off on getting it done.

And if someone can let me into something like this then I can totally break it all down section by section. Maybe that's the next step actually.

sick of Applebees posted:

When you do do the street level detail, make sure it's 1:1 scale, and then it's done and dusted easy peasy.

pretty much

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Bucky what do you think of the potential for a new monorail system in Sydney?

I think using multiple heights in dense urban environments makes a lot of sense. Taking big hunks of moving metal away from pedestrians is good. Ripping it out and sending a light rail hurtling down the road at street level seems ridiculous. But I don't see much in the way of possibility for it to return in our lifetime.

fez_machine posted:

Bucky make a funny informational cartoon with rude Australian animals then people will really pay attention

I reckon that democracy dingo would be pretty disappointed in the thread

birdstrike posted:

Do you think making the random lines green would help?

If you think that the green lines are random then I guess your weird attitude makes sense, but they're absolutely not random and are all very carefully planned.

Here have some pics

We could have this all the way from Epping to Lane Cove West:

And here is what I mean about the "patchy" green paint, making it a solid green lane the whole way would make a big difference in user confidence and safety, at basically zero cost, and that's really all a significant chunk of the plan is. e - this is an example of a pre-existing section of the Superhighway - going up Castlereagh st from Central, towards Liverpool st, before the left turn to Kent St. It's already there, fully designated and separated. Nothing needs to be built or changed. Just wants a bit of love. Needs to assert itself and advertise itself.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Decided I'm going to become Bucky and start ragging on the NSW government to get some better trains on the Central Coast Newcastle line

They already spent a whole lot of money destroying train stations and tracks so that trains can't even actually get to Newcastle, and most Novacastrians were openly happy about it because it made people who care about infrastructure mad.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Here, this is where the government is at, this seems to be what they want to achieve, they basically have question marks above these lines:

I believe this is absolutely the best answer and it's not even close:

Decided I'm going to become Bucky and start ragging on the NSW government to get some better trains on the Central Coast Newcastle line

Wondabyne appreciation station

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Bucky Fullminster posted:

I mean, yes and no? The value of the network is in its scale and its interconnectivity. I wish I had more confidence that you weren't just winding me up but you're basically going back to the same system fragmented that Rougey was lamenting.

It's really not that big or batshit, most of it already exists. It's absolutely doable.

Anyone can break it down into as many smaller chunks as they like. That's kind of the point as well. What is a big superhighway if not a series of smaller components persisting. I already suggested the airport to opera house line, or the 3 motorway loop, or the North Sydney sky bridge. But the best bet would be to get the premier to recognise the value of the network as a whole, and sign off on getting it done.

And if someone can let me into something like this then I can totally break it all down section by section. Maybe that's the next step actually.

pretty much

I think using multiple heights in dense urban environments makes a lot of sense. Taking big hunks of moving metal away from pedestrians is good. Ripping it out and sending a light rail hurtling down the road at street level seems ridiculous. But I don't see much in the way of possibility for it to return in our lifetime.

I reckon that democracy dingo would be pretty disappointed in the thread

If you think that the green lines are random then I guess your weird attitude makes sense, but they're absolutely not random and are all very carefully planned.

Here have some pics

We could have this all the way from Epping to Lane Cove West:

And here is what I mean about the "patchy" green paint, making it a solid green lane the whole way would make a big difference in user confidence and safety, at basically zero cost, and that's really all a significant chunk of the plan is.

Bucky, it's a little bit more complicated than pitching it to the premier and then getting a sign off to get it done. You are the one proposing it, you've got to be able to sell the idea to people in a way they can understand it. You've also got to sell it as a priority over other infrastructure or initiatives which are also competing for funding. For example, why should the state government of NSW fund yet another thing for people who only live in Sydney when there's pushback for even funding flood victims in the state's north?

Having idea is one thing - people have ideas all the time. It's the "getting there" which is the challenge, which is why I advised you to break it down or even to offer the one big thing we could change. Being able to articulate that shows you understand the project beyond the big picture. The work would have to start somewhere, so where would it start?

I wouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good here either. It's better to have a network which is 90% of the way there vs a network which is just scribblings on google maps. Hell, you can see by the maps from the NSW Government that the plans and intention are present anyway. The question in advocacy is what is the next, impactful step and if you are starting from square one, it'll be a small step.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I believe this is absolutely the best answer and it's not even close:

The map would be more clear if you marked in red the parts you want built.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
It is easy to make fun of Bucky, so.. No that's all I've got really.

The sheer volume of butthurt coming from the employers about paying workers the same amount for the same work is astonishing.

And seeing as how productivity has become the most recent cause de jure of everything bad.

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/industry/industry-overview/estimates-industry-multifactor-productivity/latest-release

Note that this graph includes both Labour and Multifactor productivity. Wow! Multifactor productivity is going gang busters! Driven entirely by a bumper grain harvest. Those business execs have done it again with their enormous brains! We should pay them more and tax them way less.

I would additionally note that while the last reporting period saw a decline in the rate of labour productivity growth it is still growing at 1.5%. Compared to the rate of real wages growth of.. - 4.5% https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-22/wages-growing-at-3-3-per-cent-december-quarter-2022/102007390

quote:

But real wages (adjusted for inflation), have declined by 4.5 per cent over the past year
So anyone who presents the case that wages growth has to be in line with productivty

A/ Is lying.

B/ Needs to back pay for all the times in the last 50 years that Labour productivity outstripped wages growth. Spoiler! It was almost every year.

C/ Needs a wood chipper to jump into.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Recoome posted:

Bucky, it's a little bit more complicated than pitching it to the premier and then getting a sign off to get it done. You are the one proposing it, you've got to be able to sell the idea to people in a way they can understand it. You've also got to sell it as a priority over other infrastructure or initiatives which are also competing for funding. For example, why should the state government of NSW fund yet another thing for people who only live in Sydney when there's pushback for even funding flood victims in the state's north?

Having idea is one thing - people have ideas all the time. It's the "getting there" which is the challenge, which is why I advised you to break it down or even to offer the one big thing we could change. Being able to articulate that shows you understand the project beyond the big picture. The work would have to start somewhere, so where would it start?

I wouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good here either. It's better to have a network which is 90% of the way there vs a network which is just scribblings on google maps. Hell, you can see by the maps from the NSW Government that the plans and intention are present anyway. The question in advocacy is what is the next, impactful step and if you are starting from square one, it'll be a small step.

Is it that hard to understand? It's literally just the green lines. They follow the trainlines, motorways, and waterways. And the edges of a few golf courses, and exisiting separated bike lanes in the CBD. That's pretty much it. Where are the complications?

It should be a "priority" because it costs gently caress all and saves billions of dollars per annum and would be a massive boon for national security and tourism and public health and the environment and liveability. It's the most basic and reliable form of infrastructure there is. Which will allow anyone to get anywhere with anything, for free, 24/7. People can get to work and students can get to class and parents can do the school run and everyone can catch up with friends and go to dinner and a show or a big event or just a nice ride through the bush or by the water. While living anywhere.

I think the next step will be to go back to my guy at the cycling department of the ministry of transport and see if he still has a job and if and how I can get into that route planner / comment seeker thing. And share it with every cycle group and community page and bike shop and bloody reddit, and crowd-source the advocacy too. Get it to every councillor and party and MP. Cos if it does manage to get the premier, and he recognises the value (cost/benefit), then that top-down approach is still the best bet.

The One Big Thing we could change is to introduce the idea of a Superhighway. That actually guarantees people the ability to ride all over town in complete safety and comfort, and gives people the confidence to get where they need to go on a bike. Shift the mindset, and change the perception of cycling from a complicated death-wish to an easy and obvious way to get around. "What if the M7, but more". This is the backbone to that network we need. Get this done first, and build outwards from there. Connecting to schools and shops first.

Comstar posted:

The map would be more clear if you marked in red the parts you want built.

True, that's part of the functionality I'm looking for with the street-level detail. I think it really would be surprisingly little.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I've been seeing these ads, paid for by the mineral council, about how under some new pay scheme "people that slack off all day will be paid the same as people that work hard"

Whats this bullshit they are trying to kill?

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

the central coast line is iconic. prettiest line, worst train

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Which will allow anyone to get anywhere with anything, for free, 24/7

Ah, Theres your problem Bucky. No one in The West is allowed east of James Ruse Drive without paying for the privilege.

you're also missing a really important point is that no one needs to ride from penrith to the city and thus interlinked bike routes arent really necessary.

think of how far people ride on a bike and how long it takes. Sure I can get from my house to Broadway shopping centre in like 10min but im not riding to anything East of the CBD. I'll take a train, bus or a car.

my bikes range is about 40km and those last 10km are real heavy on the pedaling when the battery sags.

And yeah the Ford Ranger crew dont see it as one car off the road, they see it as one less lane on THEIR road for POOFTERS to use on their bikes (that they never see using them)

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Laserface posted:

Ah, Theres your problem Bucky. No one in The West is allowed east of James Ruse Drive without paying for the privilege.

you're also missing a really important point is that no one needs to ride from penrith to the city and thus interlinked bike routes arent really necessary.

think of how far people ride on a bike and how long it takes. Sure I can get from my house to Broadway shopping centre in like 10min but im not riding to anything East of the CBD. I'll take a train, bus or a car.

my bikes range is about 40km and those last 10km are real heavy on the pedaling when the battery sags.

And yeah the Ford Ranger crew dont see it as one car off the road, they see it as one less lane on THEIR road for POOFTERS to use on their bikes (that they never see using them)

Penrith and Campbelltown are literal fringe cases that admittedly aren't included in the "circle with a 20 km radius" thing. And that problem is solved with trains that have hooks in the front carriage. But even then, on this network you could ride from Penrith to Bondi in 2 hours. And while not many people would need to do that whole thing, millions of people would need to do sections thereof. This is just the most efficient and effective series of sections.

And don't make me repeat myself, we aren't taking any lanes away, except for a few along the trainlines when there isn't enough room to hug the rail corridor fence. The rest is all creeks and next to the motorways.

Also your bike's battery efficiency sucks, I can get 200 km out of mine if I keep it tight, and 100 km if I don't. 95% of trips would be well under 40 km.

And if we want to get REAL fancy we could have a battery-swap system at some of the red/yellow dots, but that would be more for delivery riders who are going all day I guess.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/06/too-late-now-to-save-arctic-summer-ice-climate-scientists-find

quote:

“Unfortunately it has become too late to save Arctic summer sea ice,” said Prof Dirk Notz, of the University of Hamburg, Germany, who was part of the study team. “As scientists, we’ve been warning about the loss of Arctic summer sea ice for decades. This is now the first major component of the Earth system that we are going to lose because of global warming. People didn’t listen to our warnings.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
someone please edit the screenshot from Its Always Sunny of Charlie Day standing infront of Buckys green line maps instead of the Pepe Silvia Red String Board.

i can't do it because I am a talentless hack

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I've been seeing these ads, paid for by the mineral council, about how under some new pay scheme "people that slack off all day will be paid the same as people that work hard"

Whats this bullshit they are trying to kill?

https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers/workplace/unions-launch-same-job-same-pay-ad-blitz-as-bosses-decry-power-grab-20230530-p5dcgh

Stopping people replacing their staff with cheaper cut rate contractors.

EDIT: Fixed the wrong link.

hooman fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 7, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Oh that makes total sense why the minerals council is banging on about it

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Wait, Malcom Roberts is sponsoring it?

"Amends the Fair Work Act 2009 to require that labour hire workers covered by certain modern awards receive at least the same rate of pay as other employees performing the same work."

Surely there is some kind of fuckery afoot?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

"Amends the Fair Work Act 2009 to require that labour hire workers covered by certain modern awards receive at least the same rate of pay as other employees performing the same work."

gently caress, sorry I think I linked the wrong one. I confused it with a very similar one. I think it's this one:

https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers/workplace/unions-launch-same-job-same-pay-ad-blitz-as-bosses-decry-power-grab-20230530-p5dcgh

EDIT: I will edit my previous post to link to the correct one.

EDIT2: Wait, maybe it is the Malcolm Roberts one, I know there's one about equal pay happening, but I can't find it at the moment... =(

EDIT3 Fate of the Editorius: Found it.

hooman fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 7, 2023

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

hooman posted:

gently caress, sorry I think I linked the wrong one. I confused it with a very similar one. I think it's this one:

EDIT: I will edit my previous post to link to the correct one.

EDIT2: Wait, maybe it is the Malcolm Roberts one, I know there's one about equal pay happening, but I can't find it at the moment... =(

EDIT3 Fate of the Editorius: Found it.

Either way that's still a very weird bill for him to be sponsoring, it still seems like the same idea, and it's very weird for him and the Minerals Council to be on opposite sides of an issue. Am I missing something?

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 7, 2023

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Either way that's still a very weird bill for him to be sponsoring, it still seems like the same idea, and it's very weird for him and the Minerals Council to be on opposite sides of an issue. Am I missing something?

Roberts is kind of an odd duck. I don't think he's a smart cynical operator, I think he's a huge racist piece of poo poo dumb dumb, and when he says he's against union bosses and for workers actually means that. One nation has for a long time been making noises about industrial relations and failing to back them up with action, but maybe this is a case of "Heartbreaking: Worst person you know just made a great point".

Maybe it's more cynical and the introduction as a private members bill is there to try and cut the legs out of it being done as a part of a Labor package?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I imagine a lot of older people remember post-Red Scare union bosses all being basically plants since everyone actually leftist was chased out, but are incapable of putting two and two together.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

hooman posted:

Roberts is kind of an odd duck. I don't think he's a smart cynical operator, I think he's a huge racist piece of poo poo dumb dumb, and when he says he's against union bosses and for workers actually means that. One nation has for a long time been making noises about industrial relations and failing to back them up with action, but maybe this is a case of "Heartbreaking: Worst person you know just made a great point".

Maybe it's more cynical and the introduction as a private members bill is there to try and cut the legs out of it being done as a part of a Labor package?

As far as I'm concerned he is simply a mouthpiece for the fossil fuel industry / the anti-progressive conspiratorial disinformation machine, so it could well be the latter, but that is way above my pay grade as a parliament-understander

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Aren’t labour hire companies more likely to be employing immigrants? Could just be a good old fashioned racism.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Labor hire is absolutely hosed and maybe 0.5 steps above being on the dole.

My friend was on it for a little bit and all he had to do was move socks out of a container and into the warehouse by hand. they would call you at 6pm that night to tell you if you had a job the next day or not. if you werent available, you were off the list.

the fact its legal at all is atrocious.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

Aren’t labour hire companies more likely to be employing immigrants? Could just be a good old fashioned racism.

ensuring that immigrants get the same pay, and that mining companies can't cut corners by hiring them, doesn't sound very racist.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Can't believe no-one's proposed a bicycle path network to the Premier before, no dedicated bodies or advocacy groups or anything

Oddly enough, that actually is a valid criticism of the dedicated advocacy group here in WA - that there was a merger between two groups into one, and from that point they focussed on "share the road" nonsense and racing bikes rather than the type of advocacy that'd actually make things better for the majority of cyclists in the state.

Laserface posted:

The problem isn't necessarily that cycling is bad or should not be promoted. It's that every politician knows that if they support cycling, they aren't seen by the wider public to be supporting people like you and I that ride their bike everywhere to minimise the use of cars, it's "cyclists" in lycra that piss off drivers. So you win the bike wanker vote and lose the ford ranger vote. This is a perception issue mostly.

I have found that when I tell people I ride an ebike everywhere, they like the idea and want to know more. They assume That I'm a "cyclist" to begin with, but then I say I'm just commuting and it's an e-bike that can keep up with cars and it's mostly to get around it's suddenly much much more acceptable than if I was just riding for leisure or exercise clogging up a lane on our way to coffee on a Sunday morning.

Like most of the people have said, Bucky just needs to get into some kind of community or activism group that has access to politicians and is actively involved in the planning and infrastructure side of politics because nobody here is listening or can help.

Yeah I get a positive response coz I'm a gal with an ebike and I mention I sold my car after moving coz it wasn't practical to have two when we live so close to the city. Since I'm now about 8 months pregnant I also get bonus horrified looks from people coz "cycling is dangerous" (... It's dangerous because of all the cars).

It could be his bill makes things slightly better while steering Labor off from presenting their own, more substantive one?

Alternatively, it could be a stopped clock type situation where people have actually bent his ear enough about this that he's decided they're right?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Is it that hard to understand? It's literally just the green lines. They follow the trainlines, motorways, and waterways. And the edges of a few golf courses, and exisiting separated bike lanes in the CBD. That's pretty much it. Where are the complications?

Not sure if you are really naive or just as dense as a neutron star

It should be a "priority" because it costs gently caress all and saves billions of dollars per annum and would be a massive boon for national security and tourism and public health and the environment and liveability. It's the most basic and reliable form of infrastructure there is. Which will allow anyone to get anywhere with anything, for free, 24/7. People can get to work and students can get to class and parents can do the school run and everyone can catch up with friends and go to dinner and a show or a big event or just a nice ride through the bush or by the water. While living anywhere.

Sure, it should be a priority because it makes sense. Government's don't always follow what seems to make sense (c.f., decision to cut back on # of sessions for mental health) so it's about the sell and making it a priority over literally everything else.

I think the next step will be to go back to my guy at the cycling department of the ministry of transport and see if he still has a job and if and how I can get into that route planner / comment seeker thing. And share it with every cycle group and community page and bike shop and bloody reddit, and crowd-source the advocacy too. Get it to every councillor and party and MP. Cos if it does manage to get the premier, and he recognises the value (cost/benefit), then that top-down approach is still the best bet.

Starting local and where you live could be a good first step as well, if you haven't already. Maybe even bouncing it as an idea off a few people in the cycling advocacy groups that you know, just to soundboard it and see how people react which will allow you to workshop/refine the pitch.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tim Smith travels to Kyiv, slams ongoing embassy closure
The former Victorian state MP, who resigned amid a drink-drive scandal in 2021, made a surprise visit to Australia’s abandoned embassy, asking: “Where the bloody hell are we?”

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

10 hours brody quest but it's tim smith

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

hooman posted:

Like most independents MRS does not fit neatly into the left/right political spectrum and is instead all over the map.

He's a weirdo lunatic but don't automatically assume (outside of areas like climate change or COVID, where he's very clearly nailed his colours to the mast) that his support of any particular bill is a useful or automatic indication that the bill is bad.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tim Smith is going to try to join the Ukrainian military isn't he?

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Tim Smith travels to Kyiv, slams ongoing embassy closure

First beers, then peoples fences, now the ongoing embassy closures. Tim's a slamming machine.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

froglet posted:

Oddly enough, that actually is a valid criticism of the dedicated advocacy group here in WA - that there was a merger between two groups into one, and from that point they focussed on "share the road" nonsense and racing bikes rather than the type of advocacy that'd actually make things better for the majority of cyclists in the state.

Yeah I get a positive response coz I'm a gal with an ebike and I mention I sold my car after moving coz it wasn't practical to have two when we live so close to the city. Since I'm now about 8 months pregnant I also get bonus horrified looks from people coz "cycling is dangerous" (... It's dangerous because of all the cars).

Wooo godspeed froglet-let

The main question about E-Bikes is whether you put the kids at the back, with a mid/long tail, or at the front, with a bakfiets cargo bucket thing. Mine voted for the back and enjoy it a lot, and it's obviously better for inter-modal. Would also be cool to develop a classic station-wagon type thing that has both.

Recoome posted:

Not sure if you are really naive or just as dense as a neutron star

I'm absolutely naïve, but the proposal itself is perfectly comprehensible. If there is anything in particular you find confusing I'd be happy to help clarify.

It is dense in that it conveys a lot of information very efficiently, yes.

quote:

bouncing it as an idea off a few people in the cycling advocacy groups that you know, just to soundboard it and see how people react which will allow you to workshop/refine the pitch.

I have and it's been well received.

freebooter posted:

Like most independents MRS does not fit neatly into the left/right political spectrum and is instead all over the map.

He's a weirdo lunatic but don't automatically assume (outside of areas like climate change or COVID, where he's very clearly nailed his colours to the mast) that his support of any particular bill is a useful or automatic indication that the bill is bad.

I don't really see much here (e - or his entire twitter output) that doesn't fit neatly into the right side of the spectrum. Aside from this bill we're talking about of course, which is the point.

Unless maybe it's just loving over the workers by making labour hire more of a Thing?

But watching him get all the way in bed with the cookers, and then having to say "well hold on a sec" when they started talking about hanging people and whatnot was quite funny.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 7, 2023

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

If he keeps this up we'll have 2nd jobs as revolutionaries.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Can you blame him? it worked so well for Joe Hockey when he told everyone to get better jobs. people want more jobs.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Does anyone have any ideas for how we could cut back spending on say, transport, while also making it easier and more fun to get to work

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The people working 2 jobs should think about 3 jobs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Does anyone have any ideas for how we could cut back spending on say, transport, while also making it easier and more fun to get to work

Unicycles.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

ensuring that immigrants get the same pay, and that mining companies can't cut corners by hiring them, doesn't sound very racist.

It’s two sides of the same coin. We want immigrants to get the same pay; Malcolm roberts wants white people to get the job instead; and thinks that forcing companies to pay immigrants working for labor hire companies the same means companies will just hire white people instead.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

On an elaborate series of high-wires?

The Lord Bude posted:

It’s two sides of the same coin. We want immigrants to get the same pay; Malcolm roberts wants white people to get the job instead; and thinks that forcing companies to pay immigrants working for labor hire companies the same means companies will just hire white people instead.

Ah. Hmmm. Seems pretty circuitous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Tim Smith is going to try to join the Ukrainian military isn't he?

he's going to try and take out putin, he just needs someone to get him in front of a fence