Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Tunicate posted:

Dr. Rovatnik
:golfclap:

Well played, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

beer_war posted:

https://twitter.com/UN/status/1665932022160965632?s=20

Happy Russian Language Day to all who celebrate. :haw:

I'm not sure what anyone was expecting from an organization that let Saudi Arabia chair a human rights committee. Clown shoes all the way down.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Philonius posted:

I'm not sure what anyone was expecting from an organization that let Saudi Arabia chair a human rights committee. Clown shoes all the way down.

the jamal khashoggi award for excellence in journalism

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Philonius posted:

Have you considered that decorum must be maintained?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Just a dumping ground for kids who did all the right internships and pensioned off hangers on, both too rich to dream of doing jobs that don't fly them around the world business class to gladhand with each other. Defund the UN.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1666094209978470403

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Mokotow posted:

Gotta say I found today particularly hard to follow in light of the human and animal suffering due to the dam failure, on top of the, I loathe the term, usual war suffering. My kid is due in four weeks and it twists my insides to think what kind of a world he’s coming into. Think I’ll use those weeks to unsub and clear my head.

If its any consolation the world has been a place filled with awful awful things done by awful people for the entire history of humanity. Now is no worse then any other time in history, you just feel it more since you are at that time in your life where you start to care about your kids future.

On the flip side, there is also as much good in the world as there has ever been. Try not to worry too much about the state of the world and just enjoy your baby while you can.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

kill me now posted:

If its any consolation the world has been a place filled with awful awful things done by awful people for the entire history of humanity. Now is no worse then any other time in history, you just feel it more since you are at that time in your life where you start to care about your kids future.

On the flip side, there is also as much good in the world as there has ever been. Try not to worry too much about the state of the world and just enjoy your baby while you can.

Its got nothing to do with worrying about how your kids future is gonna be. Weve never been this interconnected and the average person wasnt aware of the goings on in most of the world for most of our history.

Scrungus
Nov 21, 2022

https://twitter.com/r_p_one/status/1666093706238386179?s=46&t=DD0vzTZtKt-jEdi0QLOPZw

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

kill me now posted:

On the flip side, there is also as much good in the world as there has ever been.

Concerning. Working on it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ukraine has Metal Gear

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
More than Russia speaks Russian. Hell, Ukraine use to have a ton of Russian-speakers before Russia derussiafied it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Stumpy barrel, large wheels, big spoiler in back... Ukraine has unleashed Sophia 3rd!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Kchama posted:

More than Russia speaks Russian. Hell, Ukraine use to have a ton of Russian-speakers before Russia derussiafied it.

oh ya forgot

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

New Iron Harvest DLC confirmed

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1666204238718853130
gently caress off.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Scorpion class Battlemech.

Lucky for the Russians that Ukraine had not got Madcats.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Russians sabotaged that drat like it was an engineering department that hired them.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Comstar posted:

They actually got an aid package from the Terran Confederacy and they caught a tank going into siege mode. Russia said to be currently research Mutalisks to counter.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

the holy poopacy posted:

Stumpy barrel, large wheels, big spoiler in back... Ukraine has unleashed Sophia 3rd!

https://i.imgur.com/7uZAKbc.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/lA5Wgyj.gifv

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:troll:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

It always feels weird when one of the Russian pro-war shitheads not just makes my point for me, but does it with a level of sarcasm I could only aspire to.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Computer viking posted:

It always feels weird when one of the Russian pro-war shitheads not just makes my point for me, but does it with a level of sarcasm I could only aspire to.

russian is an absolutely marvelous language for sarcasm, nihilism, and swearing in general.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Comstar posted:

Wow, way to not call them by their preferred name, Dezgra shitlord.

edit: I only noticed your username after posting

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 7, 2023

Momkeys Uncle
Sep 17, 2004
America's Most Wasted
A very fluid situation

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://twitter.com/stephenwertheim/status/1666114081051365377

Posted for reference only. I know nothing about the author of the tweet.

I personally am unsure that Putin would use a nuke at all, I could see death cultists doing so in some application if they took power but Putin I'm unsure of.

And what would he nuke exactly if Russia was threatened with a color revolution(the colors being red and black, no not the good kind)?

It would be next level fascist to drop a tactical nuke on Russian civilians protesting though.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

And what would he nuke exactly if Russia was threatened with a color revolution(the colors being red and black, no not the good kind)?

the balls.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Oh no, WILLO567!!!!

I think

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Putin won't nuke anything lol

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

Putin won't nuke anything lol

Please show some respect for willo567's balls, which actually were nuked by Putin on a Tuesday not long ago

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

even russia isnt brazen enough to try and pass off that theyre vaporizing abrams with t-72s

e: real response is that its russia, leopard 2s are german, and russia has a thing about specifically german tanks fighting russian military (to be fair, so does germany) going back to generational trauma from ww2. almost feels reflexive, when chances to own the germans militarily pop up they get jumped on with both feet in a way that would not (and likely will not) happen with challenger 2s or Abrams. though they may do something similar for when they finally take out an Abrams, that would be too good of a propaganda victory to not run with, but it would have a different feel to it than "german tanks were here in 1942 and now we're fighting german tanks here again in 2023" for the general populace. if you tie that back into the "denazification" angle of the russian invasion you end up at this spot where everything's a leopard 2 that was destroyed, even that tractor, and the brainworms take over from there

To be fair, if they had been this anti-German between 1939 to 1941, or when established the Kama Tank School, or when they established the Lipetsk fighter-pilot school, they could have potentially avoided some major misery, so I don't blame them.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tai posted:

I think you should ask has Russia released anything.

Nah

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao

Iran just unveiled it's own version today of the clearly very accurate and powerful "hypersonic" missile, which can totally "get through US air defense" Trust me bro.

Like lmao how this war has just made the idea of hypersonic missiles seem so ineffective and Wunderwaffen

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 7, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The hypersonic missile couldn't get through the wreckage of a patriot missile battery lol

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao

Iran just unveiled it's own version today of the clearly very accurate and powerful "hypersonic" missile, which can totally "get through US air defense" Trust me bro.

Like lmao how this war has just made the idea of hypersonic missiles seem so ineffective and Wunderwaffen

iirc the US actually did make a working hypersonic missile after seeing russia announce the kinzhal and going "huh, that would actually be cool to have" and then made one that actually worked as intended

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/12/politics/air-force-hypersonic-test/index.html

quote:

The US Air Force carried out the first successful test of its complete air launched hypersonic missile, the Air Force said in a statement, a program that had previously suffered a series of setbacks because of testing failures.

A full prototype of the Air-launched Rapid Response Weapon, known in short as ARRW, was launched from a B-52 off the coast of California on Friday.

The AGM-183A missile achieved hypersonic speeds more than five times the speed of sound and it detonated in the terminal area, the 96th Test Wing said. All of the objectives of the test were met, according to the Air Force.

The ARRW is a boost-glide missile that uses a booster rocket to accelerate a projectile to hypersonic speeds. A glide vehicle then separates from the booster and uses inertia to travel to its target at hypersonic speeds.

This test was the first of the entire system, known as an All-Up-Round test. Previous launches focused on the booster rocket.

The ARRW missile suffered a series of failures in testing last year, forcing the Air Force to delay the project. The Air Force described the failures as “anomalies.”

The US military conducted a successful test launch of a rocket with components for hypersonic weapons development at the Wallops Flight Test Facility in Virginia last month.

The Pentagon has placed an increased emphasis on the testing and development of hypersonic weapons, especially as China and Russia have shown advancements in their own programs.

Russia has deployed its hypersonic Kinzhal missiles in Ukraine, marking perhaps the first time such weapons have been used in war. And during a test last year, a Chinese hypersonic missile flew around the world before hitting its target.

Hypersonic weapons travel at speeds greater than Mach 5, or approximately 4,000 miles per hour, making them difficult to detect and intercept in time. The missiles can also maneuver and vary altitude, allowing them to evade current missile defense systems.

As the world’s other superpowers pushed forward with their hypersonic weapons development, the US found itself falling further behind as a result of testing failures.

In May, another hypersonic system called the Common Hypersonic Glide Body failed during its first complete test because of an “anomaly,” the Pentagon said. The previous test of the system, a joint venture between the Army and the Navy, had also failed.

Since then, the Pentagon has worked to increase the pace of hypersonic testing and its research and development efforts, enlisting universities to assist with some of the more complicated aspects of the advanced missiles.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I'm convinced that there's basically no way to photoshop khakovka's baghdad bob guy to be any more perfect than that image already is

on the other hand I'm fine with being proved completely wrong

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

Please show some respect for willo567's balls, which actually were nuked by Putin on a Tuesday not long ago

I have a message: Lt. Colonel... Willo567's balls... Were shot down over the Kakhovka Dam... They spun in... There were no survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

HonorableTB posted:

iirc the US actually did make a working hypersonic missile after seeing russia announce the kinzhal and going "huh, that would actually be cool to have" and then made one that actually worked as intended

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/12/politics/air-force-hypersonic-test/index.html

The peak of Irony would be if China's hypersonics are just as poo poo as Russia's (apparently they worked pretty closely together on their respective missile programs), and this ended up with America having a new toy purpose built to gently caress with the Navy China's trying to build