Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Diet Crack posted:

"GOTTA PUT ON MY ALMOST GP BOOTS FOR A £40,000 RIDE IN A CHINOOK TO SPEAK ABOUT HOW TO DEAL WITH MIGRANT CROSSINGS AND HARDLY A NAVY HAHA!"

"I'm not a militant!"

Has he got his trousers tucked into his boots there? Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

STOP THE BOOTS!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
stomp the boots

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Cracking night of TV on Normal Island …

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Why did they cast ginger matt hancock rather than someone who actually looks like Harry?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Stephen Graham's most challenging role yet

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mrpwase posted:

Stephen Graham's most challenging role yet

Amazing dedication to his craft, letting them glue ginger pubes to his face to approximate a beard

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Did the actually make the blood ravens a big important chapter?

They were one of the big ones back in like the 90s, I had some myself. Think that was before Ultramarines became the 'default' boring chapter you saw everywhere.

Edit: derp. Oh yeah.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 7, 2023

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

feedmegin posted:

They were one of the big ones back in like the 90s, I had some myself. Think that was before Ultramarines became the 'default' boring chapter you saw everywhere.

That's the Blood Angels.

The Blood Ravens have mostly been confined to the game series Dawn of War, but they get a few cryptic easter egg style mentions in the wider lore/novels and are most likely descended from the Thousand Sons (Chaos), which is a big no-no and would get them hunted down and executed by all of their Imperium allies if it got out.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

Seems to be fewer of them itt these days, Tesseraction is the only one I remember offhand.

Tess is the only Lexiter I can remember in this thread at all. It's not like it was heaving with them in 2016 or anything.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I took the fuckbarrel. It shaped me into what I am today: still terrible at posting.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Brendan Rodgers posted:

That's the Blood Angels.

The Blood Ravens have mostly been confined to the game series Dawn of War, but they get a few cryptic easter egg style mentions in the wider lore/novels and are most likely descended from the Thousand Sons (Chaos), which is a big no-no and would get them hunted down and executed by all of their Imperium allies if it got out.

The thing is, there are a bunch of chapters that if the "Truth Got Out" would be deaded. So much so that it sort of loses all meanings.

There is the Blood Ravens who are probably descended from Thousand Sons (unless they are descended from Word Bearers.)

Then there are the Storm Wardens from the Death Watch RPG. Who are probably secretly descended from the World Eaters (and the Welsh.) Or maybe secretly descended from the War Hounds. (and the Welsh.)

The Grey Knights might descendent from the Emperors Himself. Or secretly based on Thousand Son geneseed that has been cured of the Curse of Flesh.

A few of the Dark Angels successor Chapters are suspected to actually be descendent from the Fallen, which is pretty Heretical.

Then you have enough survivors from pre-Traitor Legions (and the revelation that the Imperium still has a bunch of the DNA of all the Primarchs. Even the two they really don't talk about) that you can make a bunch of super Sus Chapters, if you want them to have more backstory.

So there is that.
Anyway if you want more UK based News here is someone with a good take on the Prince 'Arry trail.

https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1666339927393542146?t=gjOzYPeqVDPMSK3Oig1Kmw&s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In other news, Woking has become so woke it's bankrupt, and the Weirdo Barclay brother that's not dead has been made to sell the Telegraph also due to financial troubles.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In case you think I'm joking:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/07/woking-council-declares-bankruptcy-with-12bn-deficit

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jun/07/daily-telegraph-and-sunday-telegraph-newspapers-to-be-put-up-for-sale

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Go Woking go brok(ing)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Spent all their money keeping nonces away from the Pizza Express.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Question IRL posted:

The thing is, there are a bunch of chapters that if the "Truth Got Out" would be deaded. So much so that it sort of loses all meanings.

There is the Blood Ravens who are probably descended from Thousand Sons (unless they are descended from Word Bearers.)

Then there are the Storm Wardens from the Death Watch RPG. Who are probably secretly descended from the World Eaters (and the Welsh.) Or maybe secretly descended from the War Hounds. (and the Welsh.)

The Grey Knights might descendent from the Emperors Himself. Or secretly based on Thousand Son geneseed that has been cured of the Curse of Flesh.

A few of the Dark Angels successor Chapters are suspected to actually be descendent from the Fallen, which is pretty Heretical.

Then you have enough survivors from pre-Traitor Legions (and the revelation that the Imperium still has a bunch of the DNA of all the Primarchs. Even the two they really don't talk about) that you can make a bunch of super Sus Chapters, if you want them to have more backstory.

Lots of chapters of the new breed of marine, the Primaris, are implied very heavily to be made from the genes of traitor legions too, since Cawl, head of the Mechanicum, asked permission to do that and got told no.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

In other news, Woking has become so woke it's bankrupt, and the Weirdo Barclay brother that's not dead has been made to sell the Telegraph also due to financial troubles.

The Guardian posted:

Woking said that against its available core funding of £16m in the 2023-24 financial year, the council faced a deficit of £1.2bn.

Erm.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well I mean, if you have £16mn and you owe £1200mn, you can probably see the issue.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
My 'erm' was meant to indicate that's quite the deficit!

However, I've now calculated that it comes to a mere £11,550 per inhabitant, so if they simply levy a one-off charge on every man, woman and child in Woking, they can easily cover it that way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh apparently it's because the local Tories just gave out lavish building contracts to mates.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Don't worry, I'm sure the government will ensure the contracts get paid out while cutting local services to the bone. Can't have the lenders suffer any risk, can we.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

I don't understand this. Based on the academic journal wikipedia, their wealth was estimated at 7bn 3 years ago. Is there a real possibility he's been running on fumes?

Be interested to see who buys up the Telegraph. Best case it's Murdoch, then his kids just dissolve it along with the Sun as an ongoing interest when he dies (although he seems to have drank from the same chalice as kissinger).

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Goon project, let's buy the Spectator and force Fraser Nelson to only write warhammer fanfic.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

winegums posted:

I don't understand this. Based on the academic journal wikipedia, their wealth was estimated at 7bn 3 years ago. Is there a real possibility he's been running on fumes?

Based on my own estimates, I'm currently worth £7bn and one penny, which makes me richer than those scrub assholes

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Money isn't real, rich people just maintain their positions through mutually assured destruction pacts based around paedophilia.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Lots of chapters of the new breed of marine, the Primaris, are implied very heavily to be made from the genes of traitor legions too, since Cawl, head of the Mechanicum, asked permission to do that and got told no.

Cawl is not the head of the Mechanicum. Guilliman promised or at least strongly impied he would make Cawl the Fabricator General in return for creating the Primaris Marines, but he knows that if he does it it'll definitely cause another Mechanicum civil war. So he keeps putting it off and Cawl is not pleased.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

keep punching joe posted:

Goon project, let's buy the Spectator and force Fraser Nelson to only write warhammer fanfic.

I thought maybe buy the torygraph and turn it red.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

winegums posted:

I have a feeling it's something to do with Fredrick Barclay getting hit for £100mn in his divorce earlier this year, lmao.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

winegums posted:

Be interested to see who buys up the Telegraph. Best case it's Murdoch, then his kids just dissolve it along with the Sun as an ongoing interest when he dies (although he seems to have drank from the same chalice as kissinger).

The coverage seems to indicate that Fred Barclay's financial problems are nothing to do with the Telegraph and Spectator, which are instead considered his most desirable and profitable assets by the vultures circling his almost-corpse. His legion of ghouls are going to be fine, and may indeed end up better off as a result of this. Instead, he's apparently been adopting the Trump/Musk strategy of 'never pay anyone anything unless they bring along their lawyers' for years, and, well, Lloyds Bank brought along their lawyers. Now everyone else is grabbing everything of his that isn't nailed down.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

Cawl is not the head of the Mechanicum. Guilliman promised or at least strongly impied he would make Cawl the Fabricator General in return for creating the Primaris Marines, but he knows that if he does it it'll definitely cause another Mechanicum civil war. So he keeps putting it off and Cawl is not pleased.

I think being made Fabricator General is the threat Gulliman uses to keep Cawl in line. As "be too much of a loose cannon and I'll bury you in paperwork and politics forever".

Cawl already styles himself the Prime Conduit of the Omnissiah so I don't think being made Fabricator-General matters much to him anymore. Much like asking if the Pope wants to be US President.

Anyway back to our own miserable dystopia.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was quite enjoying reading all the posts in order as being on the same general topic.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
If you read about the Barclays and their minions' antics on the Channel Island of Sark back in the day, you definitely get the impression that they weren't ever too far off the utterly monstrous and utterly ludicrous planetary dignitaries you get in 40k.

Well, the joke's on them. I hear Broodlord Jezza is still alive down in the Underhive, and he's planning something. Something big...

Oct 4, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I thought maybe buy the torygraph and turn it red.

The tonal whiplash would snap the neck of the reader base.

Should we start a go fund me?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

keep punching joe posted:

no he has to collect dog turds on council estates

not for any kind of report, he just does

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

My 'erm' was meant to indicate that's quite the deficit!

However, I've now calculated that it comes to a mere £11,550 per inhabitant, so if they simply levy a one-off charge on every man, woman and child in Woking, they can easily cover it that way.

So a poll tax?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No, a woke tax.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Could save a lot of money by buying a poll axe instead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I like the orks dakka dakka I'm a mushroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Could save a lot of money by buying a poll axe instead.

What, and making cuts? I'm sure they're already thinking of that