Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

sb hermit posted:

Maybe I should bring back a hobby that I started during the pandemic that I hoped to maintain. Like hydroponics, ham radio, or home improvement. None of which are likely going to be something my roommate would appreciate at this hour, though.

is it a requirement that your hobbies start with h? maybe pick up homebrewing

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

more falafel please posted:

is it a requirement that your hobbies start with h? maybe pick up homebrewing

That’s a good idea. Once I clear up enough space in my place, I may give it a shot.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

sb hermit posted:

That’s a good idea. Once I clear up enough space in my place, I may give it a shot.

BYOB: brew your own beer

more falafel please

forums poster

Barking Gecko posted:

BYOB: brew your own beer

unfortunately I need to take the next step and I'm procrastinating cause it's gonna be obnoxious

BYOB: bottle your own beer

Barking Gecko

:trashed: :cheerdoge:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

I'll join u in an hour or so. I just used my employee discount to buy a big stinky joint so I can't wait to get home and smoke that poo poo

:rznv:

Barking Gecko

Areola Grande posted:

I'll join u in an hour or so. I just used my employee discount to buy a big stinky joint so I can't wait to get home and smoke that poo poo

:rznv:

Areola Grande

I tore that smelly doobie open and poured it out. smoked a one hitter and I'm glad that's all I smonked. word 2 the wise Tahoe OG is nothing to gently caress with

:knope:

sb hermit

unfortunately I need to take the next step and I'm procrastinating cause it's gonna be obnoxious

Homebrewing just came up in a group chat and apparently someone bought a “morebeer premium homebrewing kit” due to a nytimes recommendation article

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-beer-brewing-kit/

it was the “expensive” option. The “good” option was the “northern brewer brew share enjoy homebrew starter kit” and the budget option was the “northern brewer craft beer making kit with siphonless fermenter”.

If I drink enough beer for the good option then I’m going to have to stop eating entirely and subsist entirely on beer which may not be terrible.

kuskus

What if you just put a really long straw in it and call it a day, jk

I haven’t made beer but I have made mead and cyzer with our honey. Greatly prefer the cyzer, I found that in general mead is too dry and too sweet for me. Next time I do it I want to feed it some funky fruits and watch it gestate on time lapse.

Escape From Noise

Just don't become a professional brewer. It's nothing but heartache.

Also knee and backache.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

Just don't become a professional brewer. It's nothing but heartache.

Also knee and backache.

brewers ain't easy 2 love, and they're harder 2 hold

they'd rather move to Japan than meet u at home

lonestar belt buckles and old faded Levi's
and each night begins a new thread

if u don't understand him and he don't die young
he'll possibly just stay in bed

mamas don't let you are babies grow up 2 be brewers

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Escape From Noise

Areola Grande posted:

brewers ain't easy 2 love, and they're harder 2 hold

they'd rather move to Japan than meet u at home

lonestar belt buckles and old faded Levi's
and each night begins a new thread

if u don't understand him and he don't die young
he'll possibly just stay in bed

mamas don't let you are babies grow up 2 be brewers

Good advice IMHO.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

WithoutTheFezOn
Oh no
Hold up, home brewers are using plastic buckets with lids now?

We always used 5-gallon glass carboys (which was the style at the time).

more falafel please

forums poster

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Hold up, home brewers are using plastic buckets with lids now?

We always used 5-gallon glass carboys (which was the style at the time).

HDPE buckets are food safe and cheap. they can get scratched which makes them harder to sanitize but a) not hard to avoid scratching and b) they're very cheap and you can still use em as buckets

I actually like using PET carboys, but there's nothing wrong with buckets. glass is just heavy and potentially dangerous. not that there's a lot of homebrewing-related injuries but cutting yourself when a glass carboy breaks is pretty high up the list.

Squirrels2Nuts

comedere nuces omni tempore
i cant read..i s this thre thread for ovrnights ppl to post

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Squirrels2Nuts

oop

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Squirrels2Nuts

gently caress i posteyd agian

Squirrels2Nuts

tried to edit but here i am

Squirrels2Nuts

e: posted

Squirrels2Nuts

gently caress

Squirrels2Nuts

*f*ck

Squirrels2Nuts

oh moy god

Squirrels2Nuts

oh no

Squirrels2Nuts

mods deleye

Squirrels2Nuts

delete*

Areola Grande

it's night who's being weird besides me :hydrogen:

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

it's night who's being weird besides me :hydrogen:

I'm still up. I've got some late night things to do that might take me awhile.

sb hermit

one of those things is going to be pouring myself some tequila and getting buzzed on a Wednesday morning.

Areola Grande

sb hermit posted:

one of those things is going to be pouring myself some tequila and getting buzzed on a Wednesday morning.

there's nothing like hearing the combination of morning birdsong and la cucaracha :ese:

Areola Grande

Ohtori Akio posted:

it's always nite in byob nite crew

sb hermit

I can hear the traffic but no birds although it's still pretty early in the morning

EDIT: I think I hear a crow

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I was planning on posting in this thread last night but I accidentally went to sleep at eleven. Maybe tonight's the night...

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

sb hermit

How Wonderful! posted:

I was planning on posting in this thread last night but I accidentally went to sleep at eleven. Maybe tonight's the night...

:f5:

Areola Grande

How Wonderful! posted:

:haibrow: I'll be looking for u

Areola Grande

sb hermit

Areola Grande

all the yobber boys throwing elbows in anticipation of the dame's arrival

:rowdytrout:

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted: