Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Isn’t most gender affirming care for children just therapy telling them there’s nothing wrong with how they feel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah. Basically genocide of the straight white race.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Isn’t most gender affirming care for children just therapy telling them there’s nothing wrong with how they feel?

2:00 counseling with Ms. Taylor
2:30 experimental organ transplant surgery
3:00 finger painting

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yes but have you considered that this makes me, a huge loving moron, slightly uncomfortable for reasons I am not entirely sure of

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Oh, they’re absolutely certain why it freaks them out

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

This isn't even true. I knew a guy who worked in early computer research and one of his big research projects was in decimal computing. Ten different voltages to hold data rather than just two states.

Gosh if only there was a parallel with some other subject, where the dominant state was actually not binary but bimodal, and there were some exceptions to the normal.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Elon just extra infuriated about LGBT people cause its pride month or just out ot things to talk about?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Kale posted:

Elon just extra infuriated about LGBT people cause its pride month or just out ot things to talk about?

he's just a massive rightwing shithead op

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Kale posted:

It's the main GOP talking point until the 2024 election, so it won't stop being discussed at this volume until then.

Interestingly critical race theory sort of went away for now, even though it was the biggest issue a couple of years ago. School book bans etc are focused on gay stuff now. Two years before that, it was the immigrant caravan. I think this stuff is on exact two-year cycles, correlating with US elections (main and midterm are at two-year intervals).

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Like infinitely shittier locusts.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Also hormone blockers, which block puberty until you're ready to decide which gender you'd like to have puberty for.

Without hormone blockers, trans folks are forced into puberty where their secondary sexual characteristics set in, which can cause way more dysphoria and distress and even lead to suicide. Additionally, if they make it through all that, they have to go through a second puberty when they start HRT and it's a lot of reversing or trying to undo traits that set in during your first puberty.

I read someone saying the thing the evangelicals are most scared of is more trans people passing, since getting healthcare before puberty allows you to have only the one puberty and you just look like any other person. More than anything, they want us to be easily clockable as 'freaks'. Taking that away, that ability they think they have to easily identify us on sight, has caused a lot of this fervor.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 7, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Kale posted:

He's a big dummy easily influenced by people who tell him he's in fact, very cool

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Kale posted:

Other people are being extra poo poo specifically for Pride, and Elon is just the world's lamest reply guy

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
It's a Musk thread, not necessarily politics thread but the indication so far is that that it is all Musk is going to talk about now (including endorsing DeSantis on his platform). Instead of things that are his actual job, like promoting the Cybertruck which is supposed to start production this summer. Or talking about Mars. I guess Mars is not important anymore for him compared to LGBT stuff.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 7, 2023

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Musk is like Joe Rogan in that he just parrots whatever right wing thing is in front of his face.

So of course pride month is gonna be a busy time for him

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Musk's already in a terminal tailspin of right-wing shibboleths and the two different threads tracking Musk and right-wing nutjobs will become indistinguishable if they haven't already.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Rad Russian posted:

It's a Musk thread, not necessarily politics thread but the indication so far is that that it is all Musk is going to talk about now (including endorsing DeSantis on his platform). Instead of things that are his actual job, like promoting the Cybertruck which is supposed to start production this summer. Or talking about Mars. I guess Mars is not important anymore for him compared to LGBT stuff.

we're a heck of a lot closer to trans genocide than we are putting people on mars so I get why Musk would glomp onto it.

hateful little stuttery gremlin.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yeah, when someone actually looked into the stats Walsh kept throwing out for 'teenagers getting gender affirming surgeries' like 90% were breast enhancements and most of the remainder were 18-19 year Olds.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Musk does still reply guy Tesla dickriders as well but it's not as interesting to post here :shrug:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

IDK how common prescription of puberty blockers is. I think most kids don’t get full-on hormone replacement therapy, just delay it until they decide to get hormone replacement.

That’s all beside the point anyway, the regret level for puberty blockers/hormone therapy is extremely small. 98% of kids on puberty blockers end up going through with hormone replacement therapy. And the regret rate in adult care is less than 1% which is like really low. The number of patients who desist treatment is higher, but the vast majority stop because of lack of support, family pressure, or discrimination and not because they don’t want treatment. [url= https://transequality.org/blog/get-the-facts-the-truth-about-transition-related-care-for-transgender-youth]This post[/url] is where I got those figures.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I can't get over xVideo, just the dumbest poo poo.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, when someone actually looked into the stats Walsh kept throwing out for 'teenagers getting gender affirming surgeries' like 90% were breast enhancements and most of the remainder were 18-19 year Olds.

I do wonder how many of these laws are being drafted in such a manner as to accidentally outlaw cis people getting gender-affirming care, which they do all the time.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Bloomberg terminal is a reference for Elon of places you see tweets. Are they one of the few people actually paying for API access?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elon Musk is cool and good.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

ben shapino posted:

:hmmno:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ReelBigLizard posted:

This isn't even true. I knew a guy who worked in early computer research and one of his big research projects was in decimal computing. Ten different voltages to hold data rather than just two states.

Gosh if only there was a parallel with some other subject, where the dominant state was actually not binary but bimodal, and there were some exceptions to the normal.

musk and all techbros probably havent even thought WHY computers or other things are binary in the first place.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"I bet I can make computers 50% faster by allowing 2!"

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

PhazonLink posted:

musk and all techbros probably havent even thought WHY computers or other things are binary in the first place.
They're not they're on a spectrum that we chop up into two groups based on societal convention.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

ben shapino posted:

Did he die?

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

ben shapino posted:

Interesting.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

It's amazing how the Red Head "Liberterian" account just goes full Nazi already, like every "Oh I'm just a free thinker" loving chud ever. Like just say you love Hitler, no one on that platform cares; stop being a coward

Like "sterilization of undesirables" is like what, right before the ghettos and camps?

She's one of Tim Pool's friendployees who lives and works at his creepy compound in Maryland.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tim pool has enough money and social power for a compound?

Also I thought RedHead was just regressive thrist trap #589347....59823580 thats definitely not going to be part skull pile o is r just abandoned/self exits when she's not pretty and young enough.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ELON MUSK

PLEASE GET BETTER SOON

Termyie
Aug 18, 2022

Always choose violence.

Waffle House posted:

ELON MUSK

PLEASE GET BETTER SOON

LOVE MOM

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

tim pool has enough money and social power for a compound?

Also I thought RedHead was just regressive thrist trap #589347....59823580 thats definitely not going to be part skull pile o is r just abandoned/self exits when she's not pretty and young enough.

Again, I say "friendployee" because it's kind of hard to tell who's actually being paid by Pool and who's just there doing favors as friends because they're just a part of the compound cult. The lines are very blurry.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
She has seen tim without the beanie and now can never leave

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Termyie posted:

LOVE MOM

Which mom, his biological one, or his step sister?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1666482610636464128?s=20

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

um
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666484466506760193

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Gibson has been on hgh for around a decade now so it's not surprising that he looks like that.