Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

New Leaf posted:

Bishop almost makes more sense, he benefits from all the Mysterio clones.

Gobbo is good at filling the lane up for mojo though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Also a little guy named Galactus

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Bottom Liner posted:

Also a little guy named Galactus

Titania can sort of fill that purpose if needed

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah I can see it more as a Galactus counter than for Mojo. Mojo is going to be a very rare once in a while bonus, not the key to your victory.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

Bishop almost makes more sense, he benefits from all the Mysterio clones.

If I were so worried about Galactus that I need to play a Goblin, I'd swap Amy Chav out before Bishop. Bishop is frequently more power for less investment.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Walla posted:

Kingpin and Magneto are pretty good series 3 cards against move, and Cosmo and Professor X can shut it down hard.

Having Kingpin KO people on T6 with help from Magneto (or a backup like Stegron/Polaris/whatever) is a ton of fun, but part of the challenge is keeping the lane clear so Mags has room to pull people in.

I do pretty well by having Mojo in the same lane, or by parking bait (Lizard, for example) in another. Cards like Elektra/Killmonger/Shang-Chi clear out the riffraff, too.

Edit: A lot of people love Juggernaut as an alternative to Mags, but I don't have one, so

Red fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 6, 2023

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Jedit posted:

If I were so worried about Galactus that I need to play a Goblin, I'd swap Amy Chav out before Bishop. Bishop is frequently more power for less investment.

Point of Chavez isn't to ever be played, it's to make your chance of drawing your key cards (Shulk/Moon Girl) higher.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

what the absolute hell are those series drops. Only the completely absolutely useless cards dropped while even the battle pass cards from previous seasons haven't been touched.

Snowguard is a massive sleeper.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Psyker posted:

Snowguard is a massive sleeper.

He's in a coma for the foreseeable future

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Red posted:

Having Kingpin KO people on T6 with help from Magneto (or a backup like Stegron/Polaris/whatever) is a ton of fun, but part of the challenge is keeping the lane clear so Mags has room to pull people in.

I do pretty well by having Mojo in the same lane, or by parking bait (Lizard, for example) in another. Cards like Elektra/Killmonger/Shang-Chi clear out the riffraff, too.

Edit: A lot of people love Juggernaut as an alternative to Mags, but I don't have one, so

When you get Juggs, try out a typical lane lockdown deck. Storm, Kingpin in the Storm lane, Prof X, Juggernaut. You can also use Cloak. Drop Cloak on 5 and if you have priority you can drop Kingpin on top to kill whatever your opponent moves, or put in Vulture and Dagger for some extra power. Lots of options.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Went from 50-60 today, which is faster than i usually manage. Used my trusty SeraMonkey deck but swapped out Polaris for Kingpin to head off any Move decks (there were none).

I think most of my opponents were bots? I'm usually pretty bad at spotting them but these were really obvious.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Kalman posted:

Deck slaps.

Can confirm this. Quick ride up to 95

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Bishop does good work too, usually 8 power or better if dropped on 3

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I got hit by Juggernaut/Kingpin just before and I'm salty about it because it was only 50/50 to get knocked into KP's lane and otherwise I would have won :mad:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You lose all the 50/50s you don't win, sadly

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Made it from 33 to 53 today. HE Control feels really good!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Started at 83 today, now at 94. I think infinite will be pretty quick here, whereas last time I had to really work for it and they killed the deck I was using partway through my progress.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

New Leaf posted:

Made it from 33 to 53 today. HE Control feels really good!

Post the deck, plz

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Finally got rockslide to run a darkhawk (or, just to gently caress the other guy) run. Putting Hi Evo away for a bit as i don't wanna burn out.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Bust out your destroy decks for cloning vats

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Or....Galactus

I'm enjoying the Iron Patriot deck now that I have Iron Lad to mess around with

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Kitty/Hit Monkey bounce is also quite fun.

Like others, I have had such a different strong start to this season. Usually I seem to flounder for at least the first week but this time I'm already back to the 80s after starting at 58.

It's been a fun start to the season! I feel like I've also faced a lot of very odd decks and I assume bots, based on how they play things (iron fist over and over into the cloning vats on the left, for example). That's helped me win a good number of 8 and 4 cube games which helped my climb back into the 80s.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tom Smykowski posted:

Post the deck, plz

It's pretty close to one suggested to me here.

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Nebula
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) High Evolutionary
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3ljbG9wcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIaWdoRXZvbHV0aW9uYXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYm9taW5hdGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Just keep cramming in hulkbusters

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Fun little trick I've learned from a TLSG vid: Ghost Spider will pull Goblins you've sent sailing over to the opponent, letting you sort of safely hedge your bets on clogging lanes with them.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

New Leaf posted:

It's pretty close to one suggested to me here.

eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3ljbG9wcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIaWdoRXZvbHV0aW9uYXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYm9taW5hdGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I pulled the trigger tonight on High Evolutionary and am using the same Lockdown deck, however with substitutions for Jeff and Nebula since I don't have them. I subbed in Misty & Kitty and have American Chavez for turn 6.

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Misty Knight
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) High Evolutionary
# (4) The Thing
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Abomination
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2FzcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Rvcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkN5Y2xvcHMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlck1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGlnaEV2b2x1dGlvbmFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlVGhpbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFib21pbmF0aW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaXR0eVByeWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaXN0eUtuaWdodCJ9XX0=
#

I really need to snap more often as my 12 games tonight I only netted 19 cubes.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Kooriken posted:

Fun little trick I've learned from a TLSG vid: Ghost Spider will pull Goblins you've sent sailing over to the opponent, letting you sort of safely hedge your bets on clogging lanes with them.

Lmao

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

No you see the devs HAVE to balance the game using rarity, if they don't do this they would have to balance the game using nerfs/buffs instead resulting in a bland game, and that's both harder and less profitable for them, so suggesting they do otherwise is literally stealing food from their plates.

Man, almost like the people upset during the last season drop had a point instead of just being laughably butthurt they didn't get to run Knull in Galactus or whatever other cope people were using to justify the drop not happening being good, actually.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Enjoying cloning labs as an excuse to break out a Destroy deck.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

team overhead smash posted:

Enjoying cloning labs as an excuse to break out a Destroy deck.

And is actually working really well!

Moved from 78 to 88 today while dialling into some work meetings.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
What with all the news and talk about cards (not) dropping and poo poo, I was wondering what cards does everybody here have or not have?

Me, I've been CL3 complete for a while and the only cards I currently don't have are:

Howard the Duck
Master Mold
Snowguard
Stegron
The Living Tribunal

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I am down to just-

Kang
Negasonic
Living Tribunal
Jeff
Stegron
Snowguard
Howard

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I have left:

HE
Duck
Snowguard
Stegron
Tribunal

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CL might be interesting for context - I'm at 4984 as of this posting.

Galactus (bleh, gently caress him)
Howard
Iron Lad (have him pinned though)
Kang (meh)
Master Mold (meh)
Shanna
Snowguard
Stature
Stegron
Living Tribunal

I basically have every card I want. Iron Lad seems useful but I wouldn't immediately slot him in to any of my decks. Even though I have him pinned I might just hold my tokens for now.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Good strategy? No. Funny? Yes.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

i’m cl 5058, don’t have:

modok
hit-monkey
kang
snowguard
nebula
stegron
tribunal
jeff
howard
negasonic
iron lad

only ones i care to have out of those are iron lad and jeff, which i’m sure won’t be dropping any time soon

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I’m CL 5866, played since day 1 of global launch, and I’m FTP outside of the season pass, Cap bundle, and Jubilee bundle (I think those are the only ones I’ve spent cash on anyway).

Missing:
Howard the Duck
Snowguard
Master Mold
Jeff!
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Stegron
Iron Lad
Knull
The Living Tribunal

Obviously not happy about Knull not dropping as I’ve had the chance to buy him for 3k many, many times over the last few months.

I also pulled Galactus from a reserve but I bought the other 3 big bads for 6k each.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

Darke GBF posted:

Started at 83 today, now at 94. I think infinite will be pretty quick here, whereas last time I had to really work for it and they killed the deck I was using partway through my progress.

I also started at 83. Climbed to 90 yesterday, and finished infinite today with MarvelSnapZone‘s Destroy deck in the hot location.

Usually I take a few weeks for that. Thanks, bug!

It also felt like I saw more bots, and the hot location makes it easier to exploit them. Either some more bugs / changes to matchmaking, or weirdly unpopulated MMR brackets this early in the season…?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I feel like I’m seeing lots of bots too, but they don’t have the usual bot splits so it’s weird. Unless there’s a bunch of Nakia decks going around that I don’t know about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm seeing a lot of Leader this morning for some reason. It's been pretty funny though, I'm still mostly using an HE deck so they copy my Hulk but haven't been reserving energy, so it's been getting me a lot of wins