Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
We ever talk about Ricky Jay here, because this just popped up in my your tube recommendations and god drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jKuHiY397U

And the always classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNUepjt6QmI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Timby posted:

Maybe it'll teach you that working out as excessively as you have been isn't healthy.

:goonsay:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

2-a-days 35 days in a row isn't good. The body needs time to rest and heal.

And I say that as someone who's at 174 pounds today, after being around 280-285 at my worst.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m not arguing the point of over training can be bad for you, I’m saying he’s a dick because straight up calling him out and saying “I’m glad you got covid because you workout too much” is a hell of a take lmao

Qwijib0 posted:

Definitely an under-appreciated west coast meat in national meat discussions.

I found the perfect rub (El Diner Chile Hatch by AP Seasoning) to just pat onto skirt steak and toss on the grill or cast iron for super easy but delicious weeknight steak tacos, it’s great

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

T-Square posted:

I found the perfect rub (El Diner Chile Hatch by AP Seasoning) to just pat onto skirt steak and toss on the grill or cast iron for super easy but delicious weeknight steak tacos, it’s great

Penzey's Galena Street rub is also great for taco meat.

Or, well, any kind of meat, really.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

T-Square posted:

I’m not arguing the point of over training can be bad for you, I’m saying he’s a dick because straight up calling him out and saying “I’m glad you got covid because you workout too much” is a hell of a take lmao

I read that as a joke and in no way glee at the situation...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Damage accomplished.

He's not wrong, overtraining can suppress your immune function.

There was a flurry of hit pieces that came out against the guy last week, or maybe just the one Atlantic hit piece that's been sitting in my browser for a minute. Gotta read that sometime.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Carne asada and tritip are top tier

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

I read that as a joke and in no way glee at the situation...

I take no glee in anyone's suffering. It's a fundamental tenet of 12-step recovery.

a neat cape posted:

Tri-tip-tier. :dadjoke:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The two-a-days are 2 45 minute workouts. Weights and cardio can be split like that and if you think 90 minutes a day of working out is overtraining while spending 9 hours a day seated is fine, maybe take a step back

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

BrownThunder posted:

The two-a-days are 2 45 minute workouts. Weights and cardio can be split like that and if you think 90 minutes a day of working out is overtraining while spending 9 hours a day seated is fine, maybe take a step back

Athletes do 2 a days all time, but they also have rest days because even the junk science that permeates athletics says a rest day is really important.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I wish the rest of the country never heard of tritip haha, used to be so dirt cheap

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I want picanha but I usually have to go to a butcher's shop to get it.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Sounded like a barb to me, but this wouldn’t be the first time I mis-interpreted a TFFers posting as aggressive, so my bad then :shrug:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

T-Square posted:

Sounded like a barb to me, but this wouldn’t be the first time I mis-interpreted a TFFers posting as aggressive, so my bad then :shrug:

Hey, I'll take the L on the wording, I wasn't wishing ill will, just trying to make a point that rest days are important. I've had COVID twice and I don't wish it upon anyone.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

T-Square posted:

No, Timby definitely sounded like a twat.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the iron sheik died

score one for the hulkster

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So I guess I'm going to Phoenix for 6 days on Friday (staying in the Cave Creek area).

Any suggestions on things to do? I'll be there with my family (wife, kids 13/9). I guess my MIL already booked a train ride to the Grand Canyon that involves a 2.5 hour drive just to get to the depot and I'm not exactly thrilled about.

Our anniversary happens to fall on Friday when we arrive so going out for a nice dinner with her might be nice but I have on idea where to start on that.

We might do a Zoo (Out of Africa or Phoenix). My kids love to swim so we'll probably just hang out at the house and swim a bunch.

What are some easy southern food places? We've done In and Out in the past but being from the upper midwest I know the south has a bunch of good chain poo poo that I wouldn't mind checking out knowing my kids will eat it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

the iron sheik died

score one for the hulkster

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1005469381126643717

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

T-Square posted:

my local carniceria has its own house marinade (orange and lime juices, onion, minced cilantro, garlic powder, Mexican oregano, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper) they'll toss in the bag with the steak, and it's amazing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MrLogan posted:

No, Timby definitely sounded like a twat.

cmon

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

my local carniceria has its own house marinade (orange and lime juices, onion, minced cilantro, garlic powder, Mexican oregano, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper) they'll toss in the bag with the steak, and it's amazing.

No cumin?

Made me want some chicken asada, gonna scorch this later

Cumin, lime juice, mince garlic, paprika, olive oil, black pepper, some onion powder and dried cilantro (I really need to start growing the stuff fresh)

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 7, 2023

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

consider the source

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a sexual elk posted:

dried cilantro (I really need to start growing the stuff fresh)

My ex-wife and I tried growing cilantro indoors in our apartment, before we bought our house. Our idiot cat decided it was his favorite hobby to just snack on it as it grew.

The results were ... less than pleasant.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess I'm stupid because I thought he meant that gyms were good places to catch covid lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm more concerned about covid catching some squat time and getting even stronger

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
GRRM at the writers strike. Add your own joke.

https://twitter.com/heathen_king/status/1662420411588521987?t=wQZ5tpaBmRTL7h8e9tEvwQ&s=19

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

wandler20 posted:

So I guess I'm going to Phoenix for 6 days on Friday (staying in the Cave Creek area)...

Are you looking for southern food or southwest food? Because good southern food options are few and far between here.

From where you're staying I can give a ton of recommendations - I live about 15-20 minutes south of Cave Creek.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
We can't keep indoor plant because both cats want to nibble on them. We thought if we put them in our weird nook the cats wouldn't jump up but no, that made them more inticing. Putting them under a grow light in our back pantry also didn't work. Now we've given up. Not even gastric upset caused by eating some rose petals and leaves (real roses, not toxic ones because I obessively check plant details now) taught them anything.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thinking about Diablo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Tulalip Tulips posted:

We can't keep indoor plant because both cats want to nibble on them. We thought if we put them in our weird nook the cats wouldn't jump up but no, that made them more inticing. Putting them under a grow light in our back pantry also didn't work. Now we've given up. Not even gastric upset caused by eating some rose petals and leaves (real roses, not toxic ones because I obessively check plant details now) taught them anything.

We have to put coffee filters over the dirt of most of our 60+ plants because our profoundly dumb cat will try to eat the dirt otherwise.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Get some wall mounted or hanging planters. Or if you really wanna go crazy:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sunnydaze-Decor-84-in-4-Arm-Metal-Hanging-Basket-Stand-with-Adjustable-Arms-HMI-561/305438499

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Baby's breath is especially bad. That and poinsettias.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thinking about Diablo

baby's breath does sound like the name of a sorcerer's attribute

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hollywood's gonna be amateur hour in a month or so when the talent strikes.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dango Bango posted:

Are you looking for southern food or southwest food? Because good southern food options are few and far between here.

From where you're staying I can give a ton of recommendations - I live about 15-20 minutes south of Cave Creek.

Basically anything in the area that likely isn't in the upper midwest, which I'm fairly certain is A LOT, would be appreciated.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Timbys post made me chuckle. People being bros having my back made me smile. Covid made me wake up at 430 and poo poo my brains out.

Life is a land of contrasts.

Oh well looks like I'm gonna play diablo and hydrate. I don't feel too bad at all, just some minor cold and flu symptoms and some gastro no fevers, loss of taste or smell or wishing for the sweet release of death like last time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

We have exactly the same problem. I now have a fern in a hanging thing that is out of cat reach, and we have a few plants in glass terraria with well-fitting lids, although plants have a tendency to outgrow them. Anything that the cats can reach they'll eat, regardless of the toxicity, and this is also an indicator that they want fiber - so giving them some "cat grass" from time to time seems like it's helpful too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
WTF. $428m for one season?

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1666515224214511632?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Timbys post made me chuckle. People being bros having my back made me smile. Covid made me wake up at 430 and poo poo my brains out.

Silly Burrito posted:

Narrator: BlindSite died of dysentery.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Most of the time I don't care about twitter metric poo poo but lol this has been up for 4 hours and still doesn't have 900 likes

https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence/status/1666456556848726017