Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I hope that Clara/Natasha/QQ/SW turns out to be an OK team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

One new UI feature that I really like is that you can now see all the battle voice lines in the character lore section.

So is it 'Lancer, please...'?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

I hope that Clara/Natasha/QQ/SW turns out to be an OK team.

i'll be trying sushang/natasha/qq/sw, so, :same:

e: screwllum owns

UHD fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 7, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

screwlowns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AshtonDragon posted:

Does anyone know how Silver Wolf works against enemies who actually resist an element? Like, for the sake of a simple example, lets say your whole team is quantum, but the enemy resists quantum. My assumption is that the resistance is probably separate from the weakness system, so you can probably still apply Quantum Weakness to do a lot more damage and break their bar. But they probably still have the innate resistance to quantum damage (that will probably be more than balanced out by Silver Wolf's debuffs, but, still).

In best case, their resistance will be completely removed by Silver Wolf before her res debuffs even apply. And I suppose in the worst case, that resistance could block your ability to implant a weakness at all, but I really doubt that.

Damage Resistance and Weakness are completely and utterly separate. There is literally no relation. Of course, enemies that have weaknesses to certain elements tend to also have low resistance to that element, but there's nothing actually tying the two together mechanically.

Silver Wolf makes the enemy Weak to an element and also lowers their Resistance to that element. These two things are separate. The resistance isn't removed by silver wolf, nor does the resistance block the weakness.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you want to you can think of it sort of like some interactions in Pokemon.

Flying type pokemon are immune to ground moves. Bug type pokemon are weak to ground moves. These two things are separate. A bug/flying pokemon is both weak to ground moves and immune to them. If you somehow bypass the immunity, like with Thousand Arrows (a move that bypasses ground immunity), the Bug type is still weak to it.

An enemy in Star Rail can both have a 50% damage resistance to Quantum and be Weak to quantum and be Broken by it, despite taking less damage from Quantum.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

schwein11 posted:

Grabbed Silver Wolf on my guarantee after losing the 50/50 with Jing Yuan. I am a Seele-haver and plan on a team of at least Seele/Tingyun/SW and I guess probably Natalie as the 4th. How are people gearing up their Silver Wolf?

I have her lightcone so I'm going for spd boots, ehr chest, err rope, and quantum orb. Quantum set and the ehr to atk orb set. Ehr chest could change whenever the maths people calc out the new optimal ehr to target. If you don't have her personal cone and are using the event one instead (which is still pretty good for her) go for atk rope.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

AshtonDragon posted:

Does anyone know how Silver Wolf works against enemies who actually resist an element? Like, for the sake of a simple example, lets say your whole team is quantum, but the enemy resists quantum. My assumption is that the resistance is probably separate from the weakness system, so you can probably still apply Quantum Weakness to do a lot more damage and break their bar. But they probably still have the innate resistance to quantum damage (that will probably be more than balanced out by Silver Wolf's debuffs, but, still).

In best case, their resistance will be completely removed by Silver Wolf before her res debuffs even apply. And I suppose in the worst case, that resistance could block your ability to implant a weakness at all, but I really doubt that.

In terms of numbers, I think the general rule is that by default pretty much every enemy in the game has 20% resistance to all elements. Then there are some that have more resistance to a single/couple elements, then there's some that are "weak" to an element, eg have 0% resistance.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Some advice from Silver Wolf

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

schwein11 posted:

Grabbed Silver Wolf on my guarantee after losing the 50/50 with Jing Yuan. I am a Seele-haver and plan on a team of at least Seele/Tingyun/SW and I guess probably Natalie as the 4th. How are people gearing up their Silver Wolf?

Ideally I'd do the quantum set and the effect hit set but I gave her some leftover cowboy gear for now.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Tangents posted:

wise words

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Tangents posted:

I would not take this advice from the gambling company personally

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

silvergoose posted:

So I got a surprise early...Welt.

My main team is Seele Bronya Natasha Tingyun

What the hell do I do for a second team featuring Welt? Hook PreservationTB Sampo? Pela? I've no idea what I'm doing here.

Welt is a great controller. His technique slows the enemy at the start of combat, as does his ult. Also Loop is a common lc and at max si gives him +48% dmg against slowed enemies. I slept on him for a long time but he's become one of my main dps.

Since you already have Seele built up he may be less useful to you, but I missed the Seele banner and Welt does the most damage of anyone on my team even if he's not hitting a weakness.

I am admittedly missing a lot of good characters. I don't have anyone from Jarilo IV except for Serval and Sampo, and I only have Tingyun, Sushang and Jing Yuan from the last banner. The only other non storyline characters I have are Asta and Arlan.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm thinking as a second team but of course slow doesn't mean faster as the recent discussion in this very thread was around. I'm definitely building him up though, imaginary damage!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I need to farm so many quantum relics for QQ and SW gahhhh

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

on the way to silver wolf, got e6 asta, e6 serval, e6 dan, and one bronya

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Oof I know its just going to get worse as I climb but I had just finished getting everyone to 50 and was working on their traces when I hit the next EQ level and unlocked 60. Got the MC leveled up but don't remotely have the materials for anyone else just yet. Dailies went from a speedy cakewalk to a much slower (but still easy) grind. Guess its time to focus down on one team. I wish I'd finished off the last bit of storyline first, I just beat up Bambi and am back to Dan Heng again, I know I'm near the end. Not sure if I have any more big fights left. I'll have to take a break from Diablo and figure out what I need to work on.

Got Gepard e1, he was my first pity on the JY banner too. I like the guy and he turned out much better than I thought but I hope that doesn't continue. I still need Welt, Clara and Ice Kid and wouldn't mind eidolons of anyone else.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i appreciate that they added an extra visual flair to qingque's basic attack button when it's enhanced

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
What happens if you pull a char you've already E6ed?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
oh poo poo, I lost the coin flip for jing yuan a couple days ago and got yangquin, then today after 2 rolls on the banner I got silver wolf. Too bad I just spent everything I had getting yangquin up to speed. Feels like those two will be a good fit together since she can give enemies ice weakness, which he absolutely shreds. I am now satisfied with my top 8 and just need to level everything to take on the 2nd mirror for real.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

m.hache posted:

You get extra of the stuff you get for dupes, which essentially gives you a free pulls worth of that stuff.

Well, that's what it is in genshin.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

silvergoose posted:

I'm thinking as a second team but of course slow doesn't mean faster as the recent discussion in this very thread was around. I'm definitely building him up though, imaginary damage!

Slow doesn't equal faster, but Asta and Welt together is putting in solid work for where I'm at.

Also Dan Heng does additional damage against slowed enemies, so a team of Dan, Welt and Asta has legs.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 7, 2023

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

After buying the limited Rail Passes and Tracks of Destiny, should I even bother buying the rest of things in the Embers Exchange. I have like 3000 undying embers left over, and the passes seem cheap and limited.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Punklorde planet gonna be neat.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

m.hache posted:

For a 4* you get 20 of the currency instead of the 8 that you normally get with every 4* pull. It's the currency that lets you buy 5* light cones of your choice or spend for unlimited tickets.

No idea on 5* haha.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IllusionistTrixie posted:

After buying the limited Rail Passes and Tracks of Destiny, should I even bother buying the rest of things in the Embers Exchange. I have like 3000 undying embers left over, and the passes seem cheap and limited.

Na just save them for something you don’t want to farm.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

IllusionistTrixie posted:

Don't buy it out just to do it, but if you're leveling a character it can be handy. I've spent a decent amount there to boost my main team up.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

silver wolf story spoilers wow she got btfo by screwllum and herta, huh

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

kind of mean to ban/freeze all her gamer accounts

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

SW is so nuts. Feel like people who slept on her are going to regret it going forward.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

A friend playing super casually just got SW on his first 10 pull of special passes. I warned him the game is trying to hook him early with a false sense of how easy it is to get characters. He's at 40/50 in the departure banner with nothing to show for it yet and missed the preorder freebies.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Screwllum banner when?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm more interested in the bugs and defense down from her ultimate than the weakness addition since team make up is gonna be based on the current MoC stage anyway

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I mean the entire point of that is letting you ignore it to shove Seele or whoever your carry is onto the MoC stage regardless.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just noticed there's a new tab in the index for events in Simulated Universe and I got 500 jade from it.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

This answered a lot of my SW questions:

She's stronger than I was expecting TBH. Taking a hard look at perhaps spending some of my precious precious tickets :ohdear:.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 7, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The weakness gimmick being implemented in such a way that I can do SW's trial and never implant a quantum weakness with a quantum/phys team just makes her more unappealing than I thought. If I'm already jumping through stupid hoops to build her team, I don't want to deal with endless RNG.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I mean the trial is just a bad comp. The way they did it is the best way they could do with the choice being rng. You can always setup your team so you know 100% what weakness you will implant, unless the enemy is not quantum weak and you want to force another weakness it also lacks. In which case is bad teamcomp. Or you can just not care. Completely ignoring her weakness implant, she's still about a 50% damage amp (ignoring her personal cone which is another 10% on top of that.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, SW highly rewards thinking about team comp in a way that has never been necessary before, and if you're relying too much on RNG you're doing it wrong.

Every single trial makes the character look terrible, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

gonna be running seele/SW/bailu/ serval or tinygun as my team for the time being it seems, best way to limit the weakness rng for general content when not building for a specific fight. not using ting when autoing tho obviously