Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
no vapors can withstand my suction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
searching “510 soldering iron” on Amazon brings up a bunch of generic vape batteries with pointy tips screwed on.

that has to be a way to list a banned product, because there’s no way it works for soldering

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Are there any reviews from anyone who thought they were getting a soldering device?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

eddiewalker posted:

searching “510 soldering iron” on Amazon brings up a bunch of generic vape batteries with pointy tips screwed on.

that has to be a way to list a banned product, because there’s no way it works for soldering

Sure, it's a way to get around vape ban. Just like "510 flashlight" though those were around years and years ago.

It's theoretically possible to solder with one. The lovely iron I had as a kid was maybe 15 watts? 40-60 watts is typical for a good iron and that's well within single 18650 ecig range.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

MisterOblivious posted:

Sure, it's a way to get around vape ban. Just like "510 flashlight" though those were around years and years ago.

It's theoretically possible to solder with one. The lovely iron I had as a kid was maybe 15 watts? 40-60 watts is typical for a good iron and that's well within single 18650 ecig range.

These aren’t 18650 size. Just junk stick batteries. Most of the reviews are *wink wink* about it https://a.co/d/iu5chOq

Lots of these pipe-style ones. It’s weird that Amazon want to bundle it with a tub of rosin, since none of these reviewers are soldering https://a.co/d/6AbPu85

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Can't figure out where the screen goes. Tried turning it on but my vision went funny.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

ReelBigLizard posted:

Can't figure out where the screen goes. Tried turning it on but my vision went funny.

:hmmyes: When you get this baby up to 88 miles per hour, you're going to see some serious poo poo

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

ReelBigLizard posted:

Cleaning this after its caked with resin seems like a real pain in the rear end.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sedgr posted:

Cleaning this after its caked with resin seems like a real pain in the rear end.

I've used lab condensers in DIY bongs in the past, and using warmed pure alcohol, I was able to get them spotless with very little effort:

fuctifino posted:

I added the second condenser. There's over 1m of narrow twisty glass pathyway in there, which will be water cooled from an ice bucket when the pump arrives tomorrow. It'll produce the coolest vapour imaginable, allowing me to take even milkier hits. The ice water cooling may be too much, but I won't know until I try.

As for price, it's a really cheap setup. The condensers are £8 each, the stand £7, the globe bong £15... in fact, the most expensive part is the sneaky pete sidewinder stem (£22) that gave me the inspiration to look into lab condensers.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 4, 2023

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
it's a water cooled 100w CO2 Laser tube

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ReelBigLizard posted:

it's a water cooled 100w CO2 Laser tube

Use the laser to vapourise the weed

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I'm taking out a tired 30w air cooled tube which should still be good for that kind of weed science.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

open your mouth to the short circuit position

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

ReelBigLizard posted:

Hello fellow laser cutter goon

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Does it hum ominously?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hello weed thread:

I'm currently on Mushrooms and Weed and it's splendid, namaste.

Is this the right place to ask for a grinder for shrooms, or should I delve into TCC?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

coffee blade grinder is the answer for everything

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

sigher posted:

Hello weed thread:

Is this the right place to ask for a grinder for shrooms, or should I delve into TCC?

Dark horse suggestion

One of those metal card things

Compact, fit into a little tin, I've definitely use mine more than any other grinder I own

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Jestery posted:

Dark horse suggestion

Compact, fit into a little tin, I've definitely use mine more than any other grinder I own

that is so weird I have never owned one of those card shredders...maybe I should give it a go.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Wife is recovering from a pulled muscle and is struggling with our twist grinders so I got one of these and it's pretty good. Wife loves it.

https://phoenixstarglass.com/products/phoenix-star-215-weed-grinders-with-hand-crank

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jestery posted:

Dark horse suggestion

Which would that be?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sigher posted:

Hello weed thread:

I like this grinder for general purpose spice grinding and such because it was cheap and its bowl/blade are removable for cleaning

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i like using a classic mortar and pestle cuz it makes me feel like im leveling up my alchemy skill

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

cumpantry posted:

i like using a classic mortar and pestle cuz it makes me feel like im leveling up my alchemy skill

That's how I feel when I'm making weed butter

TheKub
May 11, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

That's how I feel when I'm making weed butter

It's witching time!

A heap of weed into the oven
a pungent smell it will summon
over the heat, four sticks of butter
the kind that once was from an utter
mix well the lipids and the weed
wait a while, no need for speed
now strain it out and let it cool
when you bake your brownies rule

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

sigher posted:

Which would that be?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You're not the boss of me, nerd.

:350:

not technically for a vape, but for my induction heater wand for my dynavap

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Is it safe for my old man with cirrhosis to take a few hits off a THCO pen? I ask because I know it’s metabolized by the liver and also because I know you are all, down to the last, certified physicians.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

your liver ain't gonna metabolize it if you vape it into your lungs which goes directly into your bloodstream

e: article from a weed seed website, apparently reviewed by a legit MD https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/cannabis-cirrhosis-of-the-liver-can-cannabis-cause-liver-damage/ (archive.org link if the site isn't responding)

This has more to do with studies regarding the effects of THC and CBD on a dying liver via its CB1 and CB2 receptors in the central nervous system which is accessed via bloodstream. Read for yourself but in a nutshell it's not conclusive that him putting those drugs in his bloodstream will shorten the life of his liver even more. I'd be more interested in what prescribed drugs he's using for his liver, if any, and how his weed compound of choice will interact with it.

Honestly I'd have more trust in the risks of him vaping CBD or delta 9 THC - starting in small amounts of course - over something like THC-O. I'm reading some people get a shroom-like hallucinatory headspace from THC-O and prefer plain THC to it, but I've never tried it myself.

also

Nigmaetcetera posted:

a few hits off a THCO pen?

lol how bout 1/4 of a hit for a start. this is no different than a normal weed vape cart in concentration and THC-O supposedly giving you a more psychedelic-like high that's stronger than regular THC? come on now. unless he's already a heavy stoner already

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 7, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Is it safe for my old man with cirrhosis to take a few hits off a THCO pen? I ask because I know it’s metabolized by the liver and also because I know you are all, down to the last, certified physicians.

Hey, does he have other options on a spokesperson?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i wouldnt describe THC O as hallucinatory but my first hit was very strong

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Question for my weed heads

I went on vacation and had a 2 week t breaks

I’m now back and hitting my regular 510 vape pen is not even getting me high. I smoked a joint and it was all good though. Is my body broken?

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Kill All Cops posted:

mushrooms are more like fractals

if u want hosed up vision without drugs for a few seconds try this

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7210556382830021893

wtfff

bro you just unlocked some memories

my gosh that’s rad

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

Question for my weed heads

I went on vacation and had a 2 week t breaks

I’m now back and hitting my regular 510 vape pen is not even getting me high. I smoked a joint and it was all good though. Is my body broken?

that would make me guess there's something wrong with the vaporization on the 510 pen rather than your body imo - you're getting visible vapor when hitting the pen yeah? might be worth giving the battery a quick recharge just to make sure it's actually got power stored (2 weeks without usage might've gotten it into a state where it's not really vaporizing anything if it was near dead iirc?) and that should force you to reset the cartridge connection too

anyways not sure what's going on but the big chain dispensary seems to have a long running bogo sale on vape carts; weirdly enough they're being very explicit on it being bogo not 50% off but I guess I shouldn't complain. wonder if their suppliers somehow got access to some of the overstock weed from the PNW to make into secondary products as a workaround, that'd be funny if so. shame they're owned by an ex-cop

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I want to buy another ash catcher so when I go to smoke and notice how dirty it is I have one to swap in while I clean the other one instead of just going 'I'll clean it tomorrow' and forgetting.

I can get what I already have, which works fine, but... anyone have any suggestions for any unique or cool ash catchers? 18mm.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Hey, does he have other options on a spokesperson?

No I had my siblings committed to insane asylums under false pretenses.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I thought the -O designation meant it was synthesized from chemicals and bath salts or someshit. Which was banned from the farm bill recently.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Philthy posted:

I thought the -O designation meant it was synthesized from chemicals and bath salts or someshit. Which was banned from the farm bill recently.

Well, I got it, and he seems to like it. He’s obsessively reading medical journals about cannabinoid hepatotoxicity (he’s an MD) right now. He also told me it was schedule one right when you did and we both did exasperated Larry David faces.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Can I shop at a weed store in Toronto as a tourist? Do I have to get loonies or whatever? I assume they won’t take my US credit card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

eddiewalker posted:

Can I shop at a weed store in Toronto as a tourist? Do I have to get loonies or whatever? I assume they won’t take my US credit card

i don't know about toronto but im an american and have bought weed in vancouver weed stores many times, both before and after legalization. also winnipeg once. at the time they didn't take credit cards at all but were happy to take cash and my nationality didn't matter at all.