Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

157? pfft that's rookie poo poo ours was 199 in Brooklyn last night, I assume they just didn't wanna have it go higher than that since 200+ colors and descriptions sound super crazy though and it was even higher

e:

lol

Maed has issued a correction as of 18:16 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
That icon is telling you you're already dead

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

hell yeah blaze it

e: doublefuck

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

local authorities do not recommend blazing it at this time, due to the probability of increased wildfire activity and worsening air quality issues

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is that a reference to the day that the earth stood still (or at least the remake with tom cruise)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol gently caress it's like 200 in mississauga too

looks like it's going down though so things aren't that bad, yet

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

actionjackson posted:

is that a reference to the day that the earth stood still (or at least the remake with tom cruise)
you're thinking of War of the Worlds

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

actionjackson posted:

i reckon its a reference to the behemoth at the end of stephen kings "the mist"

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

It's the exact same shot and spider from the movie "Enemy"

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Microplastics posted:

Lol holy poo poo

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Does anyone in here by any chance know how often 3M 2091 particulate filters would need to be changed for conditions like this?

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Waiting to pick my kid up from school wondering if this how it's going to be from here on out. Some sudden shock where a significant thing is visibly and irreversibly changed. Like getting tinnitus after a loud concert where you waved off the danger of loud noise.

They canceled outdoor parties because of the smoke. Kiddo comes out and says they never want to outside ever again in response to the conditions.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Does anyone in here by any chance know how often 3M 2091 particulate filters would need to be changed for conditions like this?

I assume 3m should be able to give u some datasheet that explains it if the filter doesn't come with a huge poster of info.

You might even be able to go to their website and if not look it up they may have a chat thing you can ask a rep questions about stuff, I've done that before for work, but with other stuff.

May be helpful to give the vibe your a contractor or industrial osha type person, don't LIE, but you know

--

I was taking a shower earlier and could smell it with all the doors and windows shut and the water on me. I smoke cigs & normally v can barely smell anything.

Get out and look yeah the wind had changed.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Rip Testes posted:

Waiting to pick my kid up from school wondering if this how it's going to be from here on out. Some sudden shock where a significant thing is visibly and irreversibly changed. Like getting tinnitus after a loud concert where you waved off the danger of loud noise.

They canceled outdoor parties because of the smoke. Kiddo comes out and says they never want to outside ever again in response to the conditions.

I told you so :smug:

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Rip Testes posted:

Kiddo comes out and says they never want to outside ever again

ah, a goon in the making

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

3M is a bit vague on this, probably because individual use conditions vary so widely.

3M posted:

Time Use Limitations
1. If filters become damaged, soiled or breathing becomes difficult, leave
the contaminated area immediately and replace the filters.
2. If used in environments containing only oil aerosols, dispose of filters
after 40 hours of use or 30 days, whichever is first.
3. If used for ozone protection (3M™ Particulate Filter 2097 and 2297 P100
with nuisance level organic vapor), replace filters in accordance with an
established change schedule, or earlier if smell, taste or irritation from
contaminants is detected.

Change them on the same schedule you change your Corsi cube filters. :lol:

Book a flight to Hawaii first so you can leave the contaminated area per 3M's instruction.

Throwing the half mask respirators into the evac box so I know where they are if/when we have to run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4_zVxmufY

The Boss posted:

In the day, we sweat it out on the streets
Of a runaway American dream
At night, we ride through mansions of glory
In suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on Highway 9
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line
Oh, baby this town rips the bones from your back
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
We gotta get out while we're young
'Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Lmao holy poo poo

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

YES

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

:vince:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Hubbert posted:

smoobles posted:

Hawaii Vancouver Island is very climate safe, wait (touches earpiece) I am now learning the entire state island is <1 week away from running out of food and fuel at any given moment

Not far off, actually. The November 2021 floods cut off Vancouver from the rest of the world then severed the Island Highway at a choke point just north of Nanaimo. Shortly after that gasoline on the Island was "rationed". I don't know how strict they were at controlling it because I was out of town caretaking my wife's elderly parents and she was home with the EV so I just :lol:'d when I heard about it. Many christmases were ruined that year by the lack of turkeys in the stores.

I prefer sockeye anyway. No, not that almost extinct salmon, the other one, the plankton eater who's going to have to get by on the crappy junk food warm water plankton coming north with the El Nino. Ah well, maybe I'll just roast a herring this year. Should probably check the stock status before I start making plans, might be down to scraping whelks off the creosoted pilings.

AHAHHAHHHAAA!!!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Maybe this is all experiential marketing for the new apple vision vr pro plus, available now for 3499, where you can live in a virtual world without smoke

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

:hmmyes:

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Everything is fine. :)

I've checked with the scientists, and they wanted me to let you know that things are actually basically okay. Heck, they're even getting better! None of this then!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Going from experience, about 6 months during wildfire season in Cali. Eventually they will start to pass or release some ultra fine particles that will make your throat sore, of you get to that point, the filters need to be changed.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I hear this kind of thing just ~goes away~ when it gets cold. :smugdon:

jetz0r posted:

Going from experience, about 6 months during wildfire season in Cali. Eventually they will start to pass or release some ultra fine particles that will make your throat sore, of you get to that point, the filters need to be changed.

Nice. So six pairs of them will actually get me through much longer than 20 days' time. And yes, I know to keep them as sealed as possible.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
On the other hand, think of all the little bdelloid rotifers, thawing in the permafrost, waking up from a slumber of tens of thousands of years, and being surrounded by so much yummy rotting vegetation to eat, they'll be able to spend their lives just chilling out... lucky duckys!

Also

im_sorry has issued a correction as of 21:05 on Jun 7, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

wildfires are all natural and have been occurring for a long time. nothing to see imo

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

wow, kinda doomer dont you think?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

someone buy that billboard an account

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Well, well
Look who's inside again
Went out to look for a reason to hide again
Well, well
Buddy, you found it
Now, come out with your hands up
We've got you surrounded

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

the goats have taken shelter in the barn. sucking on delicious ricola honey-herb cough drops to wash the ashes down my throat before a nice smoke inhalation siesta. air conditioning is still cheap, so things aren't that bad yet. still blessed by the faustian bargain that kicked all this poo poo off

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Nice. So six pairs of them will actually get me through much longer than 20 days' time. And yes, I know to keep them as sealed as possible.

Oh yeah. The 40 hour limit is for oil mist filled industrial environments. Wildfire season should be around 3-6 months, and normal air should be 6-12+ months.

Purely P100 particle filters do not degrade once opened, only when air is forced through then during use. Any other filter (acid gas, organic, or multi gas) will slowly degrade on exposure to air. Because they're activated charcoal and will be reacting with random poo poo in the air all the time.

6 pairs is legit 6 wildfire seasons worth of filters.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

gently caress yeah

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

1,187% of normal burn amount. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD