Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023
A scifi story about introducing the concept of higher education and student loans to a primitive alien society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

webcams for christ posted:

incredible things are happening in Türkiye

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Business Gorillas posted:

If the ghost/bigfoot shows actually find everything itll be on every single major news station

The thing with ghosts is, how is this even still a question?

Everyone who has ever lived, dies.
A lot of these people in bad circumstances or what have you, sometimes en masse in one place like in a war.
...so where are the ghosts? Northern France, Kursk, Gettysburg etc should be utterly teeming with them. Places that have been densely populated for centuries should be teeming with them.

All you have are cable tv grifters soyfacing at noises that may have just made the gently caress up. Like, it shouldn't even be all that hard to find them at this point.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

souls are reborn constantly op. except for a few. you can talk to them if you want. not on this plane tho

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

skooma512 posted:

A lot of these people in bad circumstances or what have you, sometimes en masse in one place like in a war.
...so where are the ghosts? Northern France, Kursk, Gettysburg etc should be utterly teeming with them. Places that have been densely populated for centuries should be teeming with them.

All you have are cable tv grifters soyfacing at noises that may have just made the gently caress up. Like, it shouldn't even be all that hard to find them at this point.

thanks neil degrasse tyson

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"lemme break down why ghosts are loving bullshit, y'all" lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

skooma512 posted:

I went on a date with a mortician once and she talked about how ghosts were real most of the time

She was really rude to the (living) server so I told her I wasn't interested

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I would easily defeat a ghost

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The Chad Jihad posted:

I would easily defeat a ghost

How? Your punch would simply go straight through them :smug:

Or do you mean you'd defeat it in, like, a hotdog eating contest

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Microplastics posted:

all you have to do is finish their business, which for most ghosts is probably like getting their first teeth cleaning

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gently caress ghosts

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Well if I become a ghost, you'll have a job getting through my steam backlog loving hell. You'll be a ghost before you finish that

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ghosts are weak to dark damage so just toss em your best 9/11 jokes

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

skooma512 posted:

The ghost of Abraham Lincoln just reached out to me through the aether to say "I cannot tell a lie, skooma512 is a dork"

I went outside and the cherry tree in my yard has been chopped down. Eerie!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

thinking about the lady from the original Avatar movie who went to a planet thousands of light years away and the first thing she did was tell the aliens that she went to Stanford

lol they would have had to custom make that on planet too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
probably there are less ghosts over time because if you have eternity to think about your unfinished business, you probably gain some perspective and realize it doesn't matter that much, thus finishing the business. see, there's a perfectly scientific explanation

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the Stanford shirt was a cue to the audience that she was a human alien

don’t over think it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
like a bunch of confederates who died in the civil war thought they had unfinished business, but then after they saw how racist the US still was afterwards, they were able to pass on to the other side

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

The ghost of Abraham Lincoln just reached out to me through the aether to say "I cannot tell a lie, skooma512 is a dork"

I went outside and the cherry tree in my yard has been chopped down. Eerie!

:iiam:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

probably there are less ghosts over time because if you have eternity to think about your unfinished business, you probably gain some perspective and realize it doesn't matter that much, thus finishing the business. see, there's a perfectly scientific explanation

the others are consumed by supreme lichlord Henry Kissinger

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

When you die death hands you a bong and if the toke is clean and righteous you pass on and if it's harsh and you beef it and choke you're forced to wander the earth until the bong passes back around to you

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

When you die death hands you a bong and if the toke is clean and righteous you pass on and if it's harsh and you beef it and choke you're forced to wander the earth until the bong passes back around to you

One of the many alternative deathsdoor specters, The Grim Reefer

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

euphronius posted:

don’t over think it

could have worn any college shirt, such as pepperdine. stanford was chosen for a reason

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

don’t over think it

Q: How can you tell when someone's from Mt. Lebanon?
A: Don't worry, they'll tell you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ammanas posted:

could have worn any college shirt, such as pepperdine. stanford was chosen for a reason

ok that is true

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

goons just became libertarians again, i called it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

webcams for christ posted:

incredible things are happening in Türkiye

Erdogan has got this!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mods please

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the aliens are white, obviously

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

don’t over think it

but stanford graduates are more monster than human

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

but stanford graduates are more monster than human
better dead than red

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/Tyler_Menzer/status/1630042694104883200

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Ammanas posted:

its amazing we're not even doing Horatio Alger stories anymore (probably dont exist outside of outright scams like Bitcoin) so the media turned to insanely horrifying and depressing stories about how America is a raging hellhole of insecurity, deprivation and financial holocaust and applied ridiculous window-dressing to make them seem like good things

young people still get groomed by pedophiles

not that this is what you meant

but i will take every opportunity to remind people that alger himself was a confirmed abuser of children, that the narratives of his stories weren't so much 'poor boy works hard to get rich' but 'poor boy finds a rich older male benefactor'

these founding documents of american capitalism were originally a pedophile's jerkoff material

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a dehumidifier. incredible!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

??

that's just a dehumidifier

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a dehumidifier. incredible!

In 2023, drynet went online

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Microplastics posted:

If a ghost is going to attack me it must become corporeal to do so, at which point I would simply use its own motion against it

The Chad Jihad has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Jun 7, 2023

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Shipon posted:

goons just became libertarians again, i called it

we prefer it when you call it "anarchist"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

thinking about the lady from the original Avatar movie who went to a planet thousands of light years away and the first thing she did was tell the aliens that she went to Stanford

clearly a cue for the audience to support the honest, working class marines rather than the elitist alien scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

spacemang_spliff posted:

??

that's just a dehumidifier

no, it has ai