Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Until seeing the logos i had no idea what industry pga and liv even were lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

drat

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1666094092798038022?s=20

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1666135081298145303
https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1666136075520159771

Would it be too much to ask for Quebec to be slightly less on fire?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cool, it's not the west coast that's on fire, for once.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah here in RI the light today was this crazy orange. Pretty but kind of creepy

That Works fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 7, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I assumed a tire pile went up here in Kentucky

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That Works posted:

Yeah here in RI the light today was this crazy orange. Pretty but kind of creepy

Can't believe it's been this long, but last time this happened 20 years ago I remember the wildfires in Quebec making RI feel like it was LA for a month.

DC has just a weird haze to it, but not nearly as orange as it is up north.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Arrath posted:

Cool, it's not the west coast that's on fire, for once.

I'm so proud of us

That being said, it's going to be hotter back home in Vancouver tomorrow than it will be here in Las Vegas, so... :stare:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

lol that Delhi just takes the top slot by 4 figures ez pz

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I don't think the delaware valley is prepared for this

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1666134747070836745

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Air quality right now already in the Unhealthy to Very Unhealthy range and it's supposed to get worse Wednesday and Thursday. Good thing I've still got a stockpile of N95s I guess.

edit - oh those readings above 300 ppm are straight up Hazardous conditions, yeah definitely time to break out the masks for entirely different reasons

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
In friggin Maryland and on the drive to the dentist today I specifically asked my wife if it was supposed to be foggy in the middle of a hot day somehow. Just couldn't figure out why it looked foggy. Now I know why and boy howdy is that hosed up. No climate change issues here nope none at all nothing to see move along.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo the air quality sucks in NY.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Missed that air-bullet. Was in NYC last week.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
please see the following for why this is actually not a big deal, tia https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-rachel-campos-duffy-why-save-earth-when-afterlife-is-real

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

bitch please I take God more serious Friday nights and all of Saturday than 95% of so called Christians in America year round. She don’t believe that poo poo. She believe in that check tho.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Air quality right now already in the Unhealthy to Very Unhealthy range and it's supposed to get worse Wednesday and Thursday. Good thing I've still got a stockpile of N95s I guess.

edit - oh those readings above 300 ppm are straight up Hazardous conditions, yeah definitely time to break out the masks for entirely different reasons

Yeah it's some real nasty poo poo. The valley I'm in was hitting 400+ in the afternoon on the daily for what felt like 6 weeks a couple years ago when the majority of Cali was on fire. I went everywhere masked and picked up an air purifier for the bedroom. Seemed to help, but there's only so much you can do.

Being on a "critical infrastructure" construction project, my management just moved the start time to 2:00AM and quitting time to "when the safety dept shuts the site down for bad air quality", naturally.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 7, 2023

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

East Coast goons, wear your masks. If you've got (or can get) spare furnace filters and a box fan, you can make a box fan filter to keep the indoor air clean unless you live in a hermetic chamber.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh yay, bullseye for the poor zone today. That's gonna be fun.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Wait it's really recommended to wear a mask out there today?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Really

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Hardly anyone dies of wildfire smoke.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Hardly anyone dies of wildfire smoke.

And yet, I just walked outside and it was deeply unpleasant.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I thought one of the perks of moving to the east coast was escaping forest fire season...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

bengy81 posted:

I thought one of the perks of moving to the east coast was escaping forest fire season...

Checks map of prevailing winds.

“I’ve made a huge mistake.”

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Quality respirators are a good value investment and filters last for years when properly maintained. Friend of mine learned that lesson when her downstairs neighbour set their apartment building on fire. Keep safety gear at home.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

bengy81 posted:

We had a really dry season when I first moved back (2012?) but this is different.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It looks like sunset right now in DC and it’s not even 8 am yet.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hopefully they have Biden down in the NBC bunker. This kind of weather is particularly bad for the elderly. Might need to relabel it the "bad weather" bunker.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
rip

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1666423114010619907?t=2yGlwiQXcq0H93BOoHDugg&s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Get wreckt, conservative shill.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

gently caress Christie and all but its good to see this get dragged back into the open.

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1666254810897588224

tl;dr Kushner and Ivanka got $2b of Saudi money right after they left the WH. Christie would know having put Kushners dad in jail.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Christie knows all about pay outs, just ask Exxon-Mobil who he late skate on 9 billion dollars worth of environmental damage in NJ.

Also I don't think any of that lands with Trump lovers who are perfectly capable of rationalizing anything bad about the Trumps. I am definitely not getting caught up in cheering for right wing scumbags anymore because they occasionally say something true. Lest the Democrats think I'm cheering for more right wing policies.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Get wreckt, conservative shill.

bring Turner back, cowards

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
iron sheik's going to break god's back and make him humble

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1666462933604265990?t=2lt6ViXpwl7OVVLeuXeVMg&s=19

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Adding Sheiky Baby to the lineup behind Andre waiting for Vince to show up in the afterlife.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress its BAD out. Looks like a cross between Fallout and Silent Hill.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Bored As gently caress posted:

Holy gently caress its BAD out. Looks like a cross between Fallout and Silent Hill.

Some pictures to go along with it, NYC and Chicago:

https://twitter.com/NWSNewYorkNY/status/1666517725865459713

https://twitter.com/ScottNover/status/1666509518627282955

if you're out in that poo poo, mask up - KN95/N95s only

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Northeast goons, wear a mask out in the smoke, start checking the smoke forecast and avoid the head splitting headaches that results from inhaling particulates for more than 15min unprotected. Limit physical activity outside (strenuous breathing). Home air purifier in your bedroom at night is really helpful, especially if you live in an older house that isn't sealed up tight.

It's been bad on the West Coast in the last decade. Don't suffer the first 3 days before mitigating the smoke damage. Stay safe goons

Really glad Washington is gorgeous weather and not currently on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

stackofflapjacks posted:

Northeast goons, wear a mask out in the smoke, start checking the smoke forecast and avoid the head splitting headaches that results from inhaling particulates for more than 15min unprotected. Limit physical activity outside (strenuous breathing). Home air purifier in your bedroom at night is really helpful, especially if you live in an older house that isn't sealed up tight.

It's been bad on the West Coast in the last decade. Don't suffer the first 3 days before mitigating the smoke damage. Stay safe goons

Really glad Washington is gorgeous weather and not currently on fire.

All this. Also, consider brushing your car off from time to time, the ashfall can be bad for the paint.