Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

The Last Call posted:

Looks like some maintenance is going on, was in a dungeon kicking rear end and next thing I knew was out of the game.

There is a warning on the launcher but nothing in game about it, rip hardcore players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Last Call posted:

Looks like some maintenance is going on, was in a dungeon kicking rear end and next thing I knew was out of the game.
Yeah I'm having trouble connecting :smith:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

:smith: want to play game

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Got kicked in the tier 2 capstone the 2nd I opened the boss room

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Dumb question, if I consumed a nightmare sigil, how do I find the dungeon it goes with?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

if its like the other games, they drop an ear when you kill them

I didn't notice it for other people I killed (the icon is red), but I guess it's pretty chaotic.

satanic splash-back posted:

The game has been officially out for like 1.5 days, and most people have school, a job, or other hobbies so they aren't all 20+ hours into the game.

Trust me, there's tons of people doing events, hanging out in town, or idling by the tree of whispers. I meant, the tech that decides how many people are in the same area as you should group more people in pvp. I don't think there's only 1-2 people in the pvp zone in all the world.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Well, running into one of those helltide assassin elites solo as a level 53 is pretty terrifying.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The world first hardcore 100 died to a DC lmao

Definitely not touching hardcore for a while.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ice Fist posted:

Dumb question, if I consumed a nightmare sigil, how do I find the dungeon it goes with?

Shows up on the map as a dungeon icon with a red thing over it

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Ice Fist posted:

It has a different icon. Also, if you look at the minimap it shows icon so you know the general direction of it. It's not good UX and I wish it just teleported you to the dungeon. Unless I am missing something.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Kaysette posted:

The world first hardcore 100 died to a DC lmao

Definitely not touching hardcore for a while.

That guy is def gonna get his eulogy read out by Megan Fox.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Does this happen even if you haven't revealed the part of the map that it's in?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

explosivo posted:

Shows up on the map as a dungeon icon with a red thing over it

also zooms in on it the first time you hit M after using it

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Gadzuko posted:

There is a warning on the launcher but nothing in game about it, rip hardcore players

Was taking a break to do some build planning. I feel truly blessed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ice Fist posted:

Does this happen even if you haven't revealed the part of the map that it's in?

Yeah it just shows the icon over the undiscovered part of the map

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

If the nightmare dungeon location is at a stronghold you haven't liberated yet, you won't be able to do that until it's done.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

ultrachrist posted:

I don't think there's only 1-2 people in the pvp zone in all the world.

Possibly it's a question of how many players are in your networked location and your world tier and are the right group configuration to fit onto your shard along with some wonkiness with how the shared PvP shard status is calculated. I've absolutely seen some weirdness where the area wouldn't respawn mobs for a while, empty zones, or absolutely jam-packed zones. If I feel like things are getting too heavy I just swap to the other zone and back-and-forth as necessary.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Diablo 4 feels WoW in a lot of ways

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Definitely been having intermittent connection issues today, and now it just flat out kicked me and is in maintenance mode? (which you'd only know via launcher, they should really have a pop-up about this kind of thing in-game)

Finally found a good gear upgrade after like 5h of not changing my gear! Imprinted it, socketed it up and... accidentally salvaged it while dealing with the rest of my inventory, because I thought I had equipped it and was salvaging my old gear. Either I flat out hadn't or had accidentally switched it back out again while imprinting or whatever. :negative: Oh well, I have completed my altar/renown grinds so it's a good time to try out other classes I think.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

it's 5 PM east y'all.

the jobbed hordes are coming!!!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

explosivo posted:

Yeah it just shows the icon over the undiscovered part of the map

The context here is I activated the dungeon. Forgot the name of the dungeon. I went to the map but none of the icons I had found were any different. It wasn't until I tried activating a different nightmare dungeon that it gave me the name again. The icon wasn't any different, but...

Nfcknblvbl posted:

If the nightmare dungeon location is at a stronghold you haven't liberated yet, you won't be able to do that until it's done.

... it was in a stronghold I haven't done. Mystery solved.

Then I got booted so I imagine I lost it anyways.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've been playing since Friday and this is actually the first time I haven't been able to log it, which makes it the greatest blizzard launch in history

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

it's 5 PM east y'all.

the jobbed hordes are coming!!!

Can confirm, login servers and whatever queuing system is used for starting games seem to be having a hard time. Genuinely surprising this is the first time I've hit this, given that it's a Blizz launch.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

https://youtu.be/7wvlCSTOQNk

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Ragequit posted:

I am level 40 and still can't make the level 30 potion upgrade. I am having the worst luck finding crushed beast bones. Only have 2 so far. Various guides have come up short. Their recommended elites don't spawn, cellar/mine chests drop some potion mats but never crushed beast bones after 20 attempts, etc. Such a weird roadblock, even after hanging out in the zone where they are supposed to drop for a long time.

Somebody might have already quoted this with the same advice I am about to give but just in case there's a named monster, Gasper Stilbain is the name, that drops 5 of the things guaranteed. It's just west of the Whispering Pines dungeon in Scotsglen in the northeastern part of it.

Those things are a weird bottleneck, everything else I have had in massive, massive quantities before I even get close to being able to upgrade the potions. With those even at like, level 56 I have like, 8 total + the 5 I spent upgrading my potions so 13 have dropped for me.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I'm new to Diablo so maybe someone here can answer a question for me. I have a 1-handed weapon with 7.6% Cooldown Reduction listed above the divider line, and then below the divider line another bullet point says 8.7% Cooldown Reduction. Does that mean this weapon has double Cooldown Reduction bonuses? Is that a thing?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

qbert posted:

I'm new to Diablo so maybe someone here can answer a question for me. I have a 1-handed weapon with 7.6% Cooldown Reduction listed above the divider line, and then below the divider line another bullet point says 8.7% Cooldown Reduction. Does that mean this weapon has double Cooldown Reduction bonuses? Is that a thing?

yes its a thing in D4 and yes they are added together. So you have 16.3 cooldown reduction from that one weapon.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

AlbertFlasher posted:

yes its a thing in D4 and yes they are added together. So you have 16.3 cooldown reduction from that one weapon.

Thank you, and holy poo poo!

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

qbert posted:

Thank you, and holy poo poo!

Ya you will get that with other bonuses as well like +crit damage or +core skill damage depending on the weapon

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Anyone deep into endgame with a sorc? what kinda builds you guys having fun with? I just hit 50 thinking going deeper into lightening using this as a guide

https://fextralife.com/diablo-4-lightning-sorceress-build-lightning-speed/

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

The UX on these dialogs could have used another pass. I love the one that says something like 'queued for game start game pending'. Good english, guys.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

The context here is I activated the dungeon. Forgot the name of the dungeon. I went to the map but none of the icons I had found were any different. It wasn't until I tried activating a different nightmare dungeon that it gave me the name again. The icon wasn't any different, but...

... it was in a stronghold I haven't done. Mystery solved.

Then I got booted so I imagine I lost it anyways.

I don’t think the game starts the dungeon if you can’t get there yet.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't think I've ever been able to properly quit the game. It just freezes when I quit and crashes when I alt tab.

I've noticed a lot more animation/scripting bugs popping up in the later acts, like when you need to transport a quest item to a city and it falls out of your inventory if you use the waypoint, or an NPC with dialogue that won't activate (I think that one actually got fixed in the most recent patch). Still relatively bug-free compared to most AAA releases these days but you can tell they were crunching.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Tokubetsu posted:

Anyone deep into endgame with a sorc? what kinda builds you guys having fun with? I just hit 50 thinking going deeper into lightening using this as a guide

https://fextralife.com/diablo-4-lightning-sorceress-build-lightning-speed/

arc lash is great. surprised me how much better it was after abandoning chain lightning and focusing on stuns etc.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I just started yesterday straight on world tier 2. I have my druid up to level 17. I tried the druid grove quest and the boss is ridiculously hard for me. Do I need to come back later? With the level scaling... Will that even help?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

bro it hasn't even been a week!!!!

I have just been making GBS threads into an adult diaper this whole time.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Quizzlefish posted:

I just started yesterday straight on world tier 2. I have my druid up to level 17. I tried the druid grove quest and the boss is ridiculously hard for me. Do I need to come back later? With the level scaling... Will that even help?

You could try T1 for that fight?

More levels can help by giving you more skill points to gain access to better abilities (i.e. maybe some defensives you don't have yet?)

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Ah so I can t1 for that fight then back to t2?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Quizzlefish posted:

Ah so I can t1 for that fight then back to t2?

Yep!

And world scaling doesn't mean things always get harder - when you unlock good skills or get new gear, you'll feel a power spike. Most classes have one in the 15-25 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
So what happens to our current character build in the near future? There's going to be battle pass that resets every 3 months or so, right? Is the character we are leveling up now just going to stick around outside of the battle pass?