Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
drat that's sick

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

when the air is as poisoned as his deep tomb, cthulhu will shamble into his new kingdom

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

thank you I really needed some good cover art for my one man post-synthpop rock band tribute to Thom Yorke

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Rime posted:

1,187% of normal burn amount. :shrug:

Area (ha)

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Number

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Literally can't breathe

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

the 70's are back

in smog form

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

this is really getting in the way of my weed smoking, which was the one loving thing i had left

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I'd personally like to reach out to all the New Yorkers and give you a hearty "Welcome to California!"

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

:five:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
NPR made a point to say that while the horrific acrid smoke suffocating most of the midwest and northeast is reminiscent of the smog of the 70s, this time it isn't caused by cars.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Number

edit damnit someone already made that exact post

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzzwzmYKBy8

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Stereotype posted:

NPR made a point to say that while the horrific acrid smoke suffocating most of the midwest and northeast is reminiscent of the smog of the 70s, this time it isn't caused by cars.

drat them what the gently caress caused it then brainiacs??? No cause and effect with these mother fuckers

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Stereotype posted:

well,

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017

RandomBlue posted:

the 70's are back

in smog form

I still listen to smog rock all the time

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SniperWoreConverse posted:

drat them what the gently caress caused it then brainiacs??? No cause and effect with these mother fuckers

it's just the summer. all of canada burns down in the summer time. that's just how summers always are

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

canada decided to burn some flower instead of vaping it this summer

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Stereotype posted:

it's just the summer. all of canada burns down in the summer time. that's just how summers always are

summers have always been hot. it's the hottest season of the year in the northern hemisphere. fire is hot. smoke's produced when fire burns things. wish you whiners would just stop doomposting

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

in iain m banks book the player of games, theres an alien world that has a continuous belt of land around its equator with a massive forest fire on it that just burns all the time, slowly doing loops around the planet, and all the flora and fauna have evolved to deal with it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

have the rich people all evacuated the Hamptons

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Stereotype posted:

I talked to my parents and they believe this. they think everything is as-usual & do NOT want an air filter and were insulted at the idea of me buying them one, because according to the news it's fine

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lol trees really be like "winter's over, time to catch on fire!"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I talked to my parents and they believe this. they think everything is as-usual & do NOT want an air filter and were insulted at the idea of me buying them one, because according to the news it's fine

everything is normal and fine. doing anything, anything at all is infallible proof that things are neither normal nor fine which carries with it a train of consequences and implications.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

as long as you stay inside the smoke can't get in. that's what the news told me. smoke is very respectful like that

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

smoobles posted:

lol trees really be like "winter's over, time to catch on fire!"

eventually we'll run of trees to catch on fire and everything will be okay again

no further questions

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Canada. New York. California. funny how it's all LIBERAL AREAS with this problem

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

owns

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
all this smoke is overshadowing that Kilauea is erupting again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG2-Hhk4TGA

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Everything is fine. 

I've checked with the scientists, and they wanted me to let you know that things are actually basically okay. Heck, they're even getting better! None of this then!

:downsa:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

MightyBigMinus posted:

this is really getting in the way of my weed smoking, which was the one loving thing i had left

I got Covid in January and now I get bronchitis if I smoke too many days in a row or push it too far :smith:

the Omnicrisis will take it all from me one day

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

actionjackson posted:

have the rich people all evacuated the Hamptons

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KJPX

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KTEB

Doesn't look like a huge uptick but we won't have proper data for a few days.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Forever_Wario/status/1666506303580020856?t=kx4vbx3303FIrSznHE18_A&s=19

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Stereotype posted:

all this smoke is overshadowing that Kilauea is erupting again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG2-Hhk4TGA

Enjoying this fake video of a tree that is not on fire

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

it reminded me of the movado museum watch :kiddo:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
U.S. climate envoy sounding like a doomer:

quote:

US special climate envoy John Kerry told AFP that the world's population will not be tenable in 2050, when it is projected to hit nearly 10 billion, but refrained from asking Americans to give up steaks.

"I've been to a number of African countries where they're very proud of their increased birth rate but the fact is, it's unsustainable for life today, let alone when you add the future numbers," Kerry said.

But Kerry wasn't about to make an appeal for people to give up their hamburgers.

"I think that those choices are up to people on their own, what they want to do, how they want to do it," he said.
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230607-10-billion-global-population-unsustainable-us-climate-envoy-kerry-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
dont worry guys its fine

https://twitter.com/HProgressivism/status/1666597067769147395