Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Captain America: The World is a Vampire *Billy Corgan in a tophat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Does changing the title require writer credits

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFlYGnIMfI

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
If it was New Order World it would at least have a great soundtrack.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Captain America: If Footmen Tire You What Will Horses Do

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Captain America: One Warrior Nation

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Captain America: The Trial of Billy Jack

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Behind a paywall but the important thing is Hocus Pocus 3 is happening

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/04/business/media/disney-sean-bailey-live-action.html

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tars Tarkas posted:

Behind a paywall but the important thing is Hocus Pocus 3 is happening

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/04/business/media/disney-sean-bailey-live-action.html

Uggghhh no. HP2 was a huge miss

E: also the NYT article is funny for uncritically repeating the Disney line that Little Mermaid underperformed because if the nasty racist trolls, rather than just because people looked it and thought "that probably sucks"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

How though? They became good in the end and it fuckin sucked rear end.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

How though? They became good in the end and it fuckin sucked rear end.

Didn't the first one establish that they sold their souls to the Actual Devil to get the magic book bound in human skin that contained the secrets of devouring the life energy of children to gain eternal youth? How the gently caress do you face-turn that?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Asterite34 posted:

Didn't the first one establish that they sold their souls to the Actual Devil to get the magic book bound in human skin that contained the secrets of devouring the life energy of children to gain eternal youth? How the gently caress do you face-turn that?

Look, as the prequel will show, a child killed their parents

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

davidspackage posted:

If you think about it all murderers were at one point children, therefore children our the greatest threat to our future survival.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

davidspackage posted:

Ah, the beginning of the Lizzie Borden Cinematic Universe

(yes I know the timeline doesn't match up, I just couldn't think of any other famous murder-children)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Asterite34 posted:

White women

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Asterite34 posted:

(yes I know the timeline doesn't match up, I just couldn't think of any other famous murder-children)

Lizzie Borden was in her thirties when she killed her dad and stepmom.

I live in Fall River and it kind of surprised me when I moved here how many people in the area 100% think she's innocent.

Keeping it movie related, after I moved here I watched the Lizzie movie with Chloë Sevigny and it was boring as poo poo. I need to watch the TV movie with Christina Ricci, it seems like that dives straight into campiness and that's at least something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Asterite34 posted:

Actually they just did a little witchin and then mean ol buster bluthe banished them from salem and then they were real mad about that but they have each other so that’s good

So when winne ends up using a magical power that kills her sisters she’s mega sad about it and realizes she just would rather be dead with them.

🤮

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Chairman Capone posted:

Lizzie Borden was in her thirties when she killed her dad and stepmom.

I live in Fall River and it kind of surprised me when I moved here how many people in the area 100% think she's innocent.

Might the fact that she was acquitted at trial combined with the existence of other suspects have something to do with that?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

CelticPredator posted:

Actually they just did a little witchin and then mean ol buster bluthe banished them from salem and then they were real mad about that but they have each other so that’s good

So when winne ends up using a magical power that kills her sisters she’s mega sad about it and realizes she just would rather be dead with them.

🤮

There was also a super-heinous corporate tie-in with a Walgreens that looked better than everything else in the movie put together. Making a sequel to it is like making a sequel to a commercial, what would it even mean?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Hasturtium posted:

There was also a super-heinous corporate tie-in with a Walgreens that looked better than everything else in the movie put together. Making a sequel to it is like making a sequel to a commercial, what would it even mean?

People loved Top Gun Maverick

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

People loved Top Gun Maverick

But have you considered that "Plane go zoom pew pew pew"?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Old spice could have been a whole CU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hasturtium posted:

That scene also had the funniest joke in the movie with the face mask lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bxb119e21Q

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Hasturtium posted:

Making a sequel to it is like making a sequel to a commercial, what would it even mean?

https://collider.com/nicole-kidman-amc-ad-sequel/

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Hasturtium posted:

Sorry I wasn't on my game at the time here's the actual response to this, probably the best executed commercial storyline of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlkBkfLzC8

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Neo Rasa posted:

Sorry I wasn't on my game at the time here's the actual response to this, probably the best executed commercial storyline of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlkBkfLzC8

This remains the most beautifully executed narrative-driven ad campaign ever, and I’ll never hold that against it. God drat it, I WISH Hocus Pocus 2 had been remotely this good.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
From the ads I thought Hocus Pocus 2 took place entirely within a Walgreens.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Hocus Pocus 3 will have an extended witch monologue where they complain about shoplifters causing Walgreens to close and they go evil again, then one of them runs for DA on a "turn shoplifters into frogs" policy against an obvious Chesa Boudin stand in

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe the witches can magically open the case so I can get a stick of deodorant without waiting ten minutes for an employee to come unlock it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Asterite34 posted:

I vaguely remembers those brothers who killed their father who Venture Bros referenced as a riff on the Hardy Boys who got sick of being made to be boy detectives.

Also lol that writers are going on about how Little Mermaid bombed because audiences, especially those darn chinese, are too darn racist, meanwhile Spider-verse 2 is a smash hit worldwide.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Should just adapt some other water-lady story into a Disney movie. Friedrich de la Motte Fouqué's Undine is a public domain fairy tale too, and it has throuples and a mass murder scene! The foreign market would eat that up.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Phanatic posted:

Might the fact that she was acquitted at trial combined with the existence of other suspects have something to do with that?

Borden is one of those classic true crime cases where there's so much stuff for people to dissect - timelines, motives, weird coincidences, glimpses of strangers, house layouts, odd behaviours, possible evidence, allegations and rumors - that it can be rehashed endlessly without any risk of resolution

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Disney is legit poo poo at live action not being carried by a big brand name.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Should just adapt some other water-lady story into a Disney movie. Friedrich de la Motte Fouqué's Undine is a public domain fairy tale too, and it has throuples and a mass murder scene! The foreign market would eat that up.

The Lady in the Water is almost 20 years old so it's about time for a reboot or sequel with the returning cast about how it's a sequel.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Neo Rasa posted:

The Lady in the Water is almost 20 years old so it's about time for a reboot or sequel with the returning cast about how it's a sequel.

There are few writer/directors I’d say this for, but I’d be curious to see latter-day Shyamalan’s take on a decades-late self-referential sequel, I think he’d bring some interesting juice to that stale concept.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Is the mermaid movie actually bombing outside China?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

There are few writer/directors I’d say this for, but I’d be curious to see latter-day Shyamalan’s take on a decades-late self-referential sequel, I think he’d bring some interesting juice to that stale concept.

Glass?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/nymag/status/1665776032031420418?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A

Speaking of documentaries about sex pests trying to reingratiate themselves to the the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhlaBO-SwVE
This seems like it is kind of moving away from the original premise of the series where the draw was older action stars.