Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
could you hosers stop with all the smoke eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

DUNC was good

this is an insult to david lynch

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Koirhor posted:

no, eat poo poo

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

yellowcar posted:

that movie was pretty mediocre at best

Why weren't you sad for the lonely robot ?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it was real purdy and it had more of a plot than the first one. it was good if you like denis villeneuve's style in general.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I enjoyed it, it also felt like a movie. Sure, it is a sequel, but it felt like a story was being told that someone wanted to tell. The bar is literally that low for me on movies being made these days.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I thought it was awesome but also think the Harrison Ford parts slowed the story momentum.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Another Bill posted:

I thought it was awesome but also think the Jered Leto parts slowed the story momentum.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

blade runner 2049 owned so much

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Koirhor posted:

sorry we sold all our water rights to california and nestle so we have none left to put out the fires

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

we get: america's stupid culture war bullshit

america gets: our wildfire smoke if the wind happens to be blowing south

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

2049 is good. it's my favourite "TV demo" movie rn

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
DUNC was good enough and actually was able to put out its story coherently, which is more than can be said for Dune, but Dune was actually consistently entertaining and is the original story really so good it needed to be told accurately?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Rockstar Massacre posted:

DUNC was good enough and actually was able to put out its story coherently, which is more than can be said for Dune, but Dune was actually consistently entertaining and is the original story really so good it needed to be told accurately?

My dude, space politics spanning multiple generational jihad

GOD WORM MODE

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Frosted Flake posted:

Is it just the Mafia or are the bikers involved yet? I'm having a hard time getting a read on what's going on because it's not like there's a new drug or someone important get arrested and left a power vacuum.

lol If this is about who controls Honda CRVs leaving the port of MTL

Ive been reading the ongoing developments and basically after the Rizzuto patriarch died around 2012 the Mafias relative power went down and led to a weird trifecta power sharing agreement with the Bikers and some of the gangs thats been slowly destabilizing. someone recently tried to shoot the current Rizzuto in the middle of the highway which led to two weeks ago the broad daylight assassination of the wife of one of the suspected rebel faction leaders, which would have been a huge taboo in the past, and in the past days the same for one of the rebel faction leaders in front of a gym.

Translate should help with this article that was pretty good:

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justice-et-faits-divers/2023-05-20/crime-organise/la-nebuleuse-montrealaise.php

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/status/1666554152552484869

i'm sure this is fine, right?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

its 12 degrees where im at, send some of that heat over here!!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Nine of Eight posted:

Ive been reading the ongoing developments and basically after the Rizzuto patriarch died around 2012 the Mafias relative power went down and led to a weird trifecta power sharing agreement with the Bikers and some of the gangs thats been slowly destabilizing. someone recently tried to shoot the current Rizzuto in the middle of the highway which led to two weeks ago the broad daylight assassination of the wife of one of the suspected rebel faction leaders, which would have been a huge taboo in the past, and in the past days the same for one of the rebel faction leaders in front of a gym.

Translate should help with this article that was pretty good:

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justice-et-faits-divers/2023-05-20/crime-organise/la-nebuleuse-montrealaise.php

This type of crime strikes me as so quaint. Horriffic, but like, come on guys, killing each other's wives in the streets over like drugs or construction kick-backs?! There are way bigger, easier, and more lucrative grifts/scams all over the place. Get into real estate or something. Small time.

Edit: Also yikes that temperature map is scary, glad I just moved back to the maritimes... oh that is on fire too, and also flooding?!

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

remember those "escape plans" for climate change where we'd all move to canada

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

This type of crime strikes me as so quaint. Horriffic, but like, come on guys, killing each other's wives in the streets over like drugs or construction kick-backs?! There are way bigger, easier, and more lucrative grifts/scams all over the place. Get into real estate or something. Small time.

Edit: Also yikes that temperature map is scary, glad I just moved back to the maritimes... oh that is on fire too, and also flooding?!

that's perfect, the floods will put out the fires! nature is healing 🙏🏼

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ben shapino posted:

its 12 degrees where im at, send some of that heat over here!!

its been hell please take some

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Virtual Russian posted:

The flooding will put out the fires

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

listen, if you really want i can ask them to turn off the smoke

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Seems fine if the map of "temperature anomaly" is almost all red all the time.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
My world's on fire, how 'bout yours?

I find myself unaffected by the air quality, generally. I walk a half hour to and from work every day and I didn't notice anything different or laborious about it, everything just smelled like a campfire. Maybe this means I'm athletic, or maybe I smoke too much? I know there are loads of people who don't fare so well in it though, I feel bad. Some of my coworkers were wearing respirators all day. :(

More importantly though: BR2049 is Villeneuve's best movie, by a longshot. I love DUNC and saw it front and center in the IMAX theatre and was just reeling at how good it was but 2049 was a way better film overall. Even Jared Leto was decent as Scary Jack Dorsey; the rare 'lovely actor who nails a role (maybe just due to good direction)'.

Another Bill posted:

Why weren't you sad for the lonely robot ?

he's just like me

not really anymore, I'm doing loving awesome

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

if you're dumb enough to smoke your lungs are already mostly composed of cancerous tar, so you won't be sensitive to this kind of smoke

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

A Russian troll farm posted:

listen, if you really want i can ask them to turn off the smoke

Ain't nobody turning off the smoke from that for a little while.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Do I have to get my citizenship before I can start calling people down south Yankees or is my PR good enough

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
anytime is acceptable but I believe pr entitles you to only 3/4 of an eyeroll while saying it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

pokeyman posted:

anytime is acceptable but I believe pr entitles you to only 3/4 of an eyeroll while saying it

alternatively you can do the full eye roll but only if youre sitting on a chesterfield at the time

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pyrtanis posted:

Do I have to get my citizenship before I can start calling people down south Yankees or is my PR good enough

depends on where youre originally from

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Pyrtanis posted:

the only things u cant do with PR is vote and own a big truck that has never hauled anything so go hog wild

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

depends on where you’re originally from

Tucson, AZ but my grandmother on my father's side was born in the US to Canadian parents (Nova Scotia), missed repatriation by one generation :mad:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pyrtanis posted:

Tucson, AZ but my grandmother on my father's side was born in the US to Canadian parents (Nova Scotia), missed repatriation by one generation :mad:

then its pretty cringey imo (i say as an american in canada)

congrats on getting pr tho i know what a pain it is

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

welcome to the country if you have a bucket or hose please bring it with you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Pyrtanis posted:

mediaphage posted:

then its pretty cringey imo (i say as an american in canada)

congrats on getting pr tho i know what a pain it is

drat yankees taking over the place

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

infernal machines posted:

Not sending their best :sad:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

thats right

also saying drat yankees is like what people say in the south of the us its very weird as a canadian pov

https://twitter.com/thefrankdomenic/status/1666803006678126593?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

Not sending their best :sad:

rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mediaphage posted:

thats right

also saying drat yankees is like what people say in the south of the us its very weird as a canadian pov

https://twitter.com/thefrankdomenic/status/1666803006678126593?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

This was a Public school?