Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Substandard posted:

You have direct control over the character with the left stick, which is probably better than click to move for getting out of poison and poo poo without accidentally clicking on an enemy, but I find it harder to aim attacks that require a bunch of precision, so I tend to like more aoe or melee stuff with the controller, and then it's just a button for each of the 6 skills and you can remap those to your liking.

It's pretty good though and if your aren't a huge mouse and keyboard snob any class or build works well enough

Thanks, I'll ponder it. Just always made me nervous seeing it on my switch and having trouble figuring out how it would work well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

ultrachrist posted:

Nightmare dungeon question(s):

I'm lv 56 and can push at least into mid-60s, but is there an advantage to doing that over just smashing lv 59 (+3 lvs for the xp bonus)? It's only ilvl that goes up, right? Not unique/leggo chance? Seems to me that well rolled legendaries or simply leveling up for paragon points will help me push faster into t4 (and ancestral) than some possibly higher ilvl gear that might have poo poo rolls anyway. I 1-shot an elite with deathblow in a lv 59 dungeon today, owned. But I haven't even tried the capstone yet though.

For goons who have pushed into t4: What are the requirements for uber lilith? I really like the idea of an uber boss to beat where I can call a character "done" (like killing hell baal in d2) rather than an endless grind I eventually get bored of.

I'd push whatever felt reasonably fast, you do get a bonus for being 3+, but also things just give more XP if they're higher level, so it's not like killing higher level stuff does nothing unless it slows you down a bit. I definitely just stuck to "can smash without having to micromanage and dodge everything" though and it went fine.

I think the Lilith encounter is bugged and disabled, I tried to go in and it won't let me. https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/blue-tracker/topic/us/level-100-pinnacle-challenge-temporarily-disabled-32297

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Substandard posted:

You have direct control over the character with the left stick, which is probably better than click to move for getting out of poison and poo poo without accidentally clicking on an enemy, but I find it harder to aim attacks that require a bunch of precision, so I tend to like more aoe or melee stuff with the controller, and then it's just a button for each of the 6 skills and you can remap those to your liking.

Locking on can help with the precision bit, as you'll then auto-aim at the locked on target no matter which way your left stick is moving or how many enemies are in the way.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

BlindSite posted:

Am I better off maxing out puncture and twisting blades at their base skills or branching out to have like 1 in all the build i want to make and then buffing it from there?

Pretty sure you never want more than one in puncture -- better to spend two points enhancing that skill and then just focusing on stuff further down the tree. You do want to max out Twisting Blades but might want to prioritize later skills before coming back to do that.

So far as I can tell it never seems worth it to do more than one point for any generator (and then two points for its enhancements)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Act 2 spoilers: Got under Eldhaime and saw Lilith be a competent villain with a meaningful goal? Neat. Leaving sherbert snow land after the beta and a long act 1 beat white filter and snow into me and the environment artists are killing it with this cool Druid homeland and blood swamps. I saw Airidah first and then Nafain and lol, that was definitely the right order for it. "Gee things are getting bad with Lilith corrupting everybody." Then zooming in to be sure that yeah, Nafain is hosed. Loved the pettiness and build up to Nafain too, like writing Inarius Is A Pest on a dead knight's banner. Great stuff. The whole game is dark but drat was that a high point of morbidity. :allears: All the characters are pretty simple yet well done, Donan is a cool dude.

I think there's a real nice balance they've hit where everyone you meet is competent enough for you to not be in disbelief at how god drat stupid a video game world is, like they've got agency and personality and all that, but they also don't get in your way. The PC is pretty grounded and all the VAs are solid too.

I guess if Diablo 4 got all the budget in the company then hey at least it shows.

Bow Rogue owns, my AoE suffers slightly but my boss kill speed quadrupled.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Vulpes posted:

The UX on these dialogs could have used another pass. I love the one that says something like 'queued for game start game pending'. Good english, guys.

Yea, it really needs some more polish. Especially when you look at WoW / D3, there's so many little things that are so obvious to put in, but missed the cut because of...immersion? time? world building?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Are champion monsters in Nightmare supposed to only drop gems? Tired of gems. I'm level 52 and I can't craft flawless gems until 65, and I'm already swimming in so many gems they take up a whole inventory row every time I leave a town.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

stop picking up gems

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

victrix posted:

stop picking up gems

no

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Legendaries: 1
Yellows: 2
Blues: 2
Whites: 1
Gems: 27

Someone who is good at Diablo help. I can't keep my inventory clear.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Am I better off maxing out puncture and twisting blades at their base skills or branching out to have like 1 in all the build i want to make and then buffing it from there?
I've found that maxing out my primary spender feels better than putting single points into passives, personally.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

McCoy Pauley posted:

Pretty sure you never want more than one in puncture -- better to spend two points enhancing that skill and then just focusing on stuff further down the tree. You do want to max out Twisting Blades but might want to prioritize later skills before coming back to do that.

So far as I can tell it never seems worth it to do more than one point for any generator (and then two points for its enhancements)

Thank you

bio347 posted:

I've found that maxing out my primary spender feels better than putting single points into passives, personally.

Cool appreciate the advice.

Back to the grind

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Dang I didn't realize once we imprinted extracted aspects we couldn't extract them again. I had a max roll stable offensive aspect that I just burned on 2h staff not realizing I'd not be able to reuse it again. At level 32, I'm definitely going to be replacing this thing fairly soon.

20% random core shock skill any time I use a shock skill is not a huge DPS add I guess. Should I try to upgrade this thing to the max or just live with the loss and replace as I would down the line?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Also, I just completed my first Stronghold: Tur Dulra :cool:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 8, 2023

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Updated some stuff in the discord.

Trying to make it easier for LFG stuff and less clutter for people who are only interested in certain things.

Waiting on world boss alert bot.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Beat the campaign as Druid, rerolled as Necro to take advantage of the adventure mode style leveling experience and just unlocked Nightmare mode as them tonight, feel a bit aimless now though. Is it just doing nightmare dungeons or w/e now for progression?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Beat the campaign as Druid, rerolled as Necro to take advantage of the adventure mode style leveling experience and just unlocked Nightmare mode as them tonight, feel a bit aimless now though. Is it just doing nightmare dungeons or w/e now for progression?

Yes nightmare rifts dungeons are.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

20% random core shock skill any time I use a shock skill is not a huge DPS add I guess. Should I try to upgrade this thing to the max or just live with the loss and replace as I would down the line?

Depending on your build that's actually really useful for clear if not necessarily single target- a similar drop has basically made my week. I'd try and upgrade it for a while but yeah it's eventually doomed to salvage until another Stable legendary drops.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I am looking at upgrading one of my rings and, according to the preview, it would actually lose some of its critical strike damage. :confused: Is this just a display issue or is something actually broken/working very strangely there?

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

MMAgCh posted:

I am looking at upgrading one of my rings and, according to the preview, it would actually lose some of its critical strike damage. :confused: Is this just a display issue or is something actually broken/working very strangely there?

If it rolls over to another item level tier then it could re roll and lose stats if you are unlucky.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Killed a treasure goblin while under the effects of a greed shrine. It didn't do anything but for some reason I was hoping it would.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does my capstone dungeon progress reset if I take a break and the leave the game I'm bad and can't beat The Curator :negative:

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
I feel like a moron for asking this, but is the game fun? Is it something that you can enjoy casually? Was it designed by teams of dopamine engineers to maximize grinding and microtransactions?

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Has it been stuttering/lagging for anyone else

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I feel like a moron for asking this, but is the game fun? Is it something that you can enjoy casually? Was it designed by teams of dopamine engineers to maximize grinding and microtransactions?

Yes, yes and yes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

None of the microtransactions affect gameplay (so far) so thankfully the last one is a no.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Vulpes posted:

Yes, yes and yes.

Fajita Queen posted:

None of the microtransactions affect gameplay (so far) so thankfully the last one is a no.
Thanks a lot folks

I'll give it a try and loathe myself for spending the money if it turns out to be poo poo as I secretly expected

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
the arc lash builds going around might be too squishy for me =/

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I am very glad the micro transactions are only cosmetic. Also I don’t have much desire for any of them.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Aside from the act 2 boss bugging the first time and dropping no pots, and the game immediately having a massive stroke every time it tries to invoke multiplayer (like town), everything has gone ok technically. Controller still holding up fine. Scaling to your level while having gear scale to something else is still weird and dumb in a very unneeded way but like all leveling-through-the-campaign issues I assume it will affect me exactly once so meh.

I personally want to strangle whomever made the start->finish pathing for literally every objective be circumnavigating the goddamn globe to get to a place 30 seconds away as the crow flies.

ultrachrist posted:

I'm lv 56 and can push at least into mid-60s, but is there an advantage to doing that over just smashing lv 59 (+3 lvs for the xp bonus)? It's only ilvl that goes up, right? Not unique/leggo chance? Seems to me that well rolled legendaries or simply leveling up for paragon points will help me push faster into t4 (and ancestral) than some possibly higher ilvl gear that might have poo poo rolls anyway.

So it's basically the same as D3. Sweet!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god, its been 51 levels but i finally got it, time to smash through level 50 and have some bear fun

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hey, which basic skill is better for Sorc? Spark, Frost Bolt or Arc Lash? Because it sure as hell isn't Fire Bolt. I have a fully upgraded Fire Bolt with Enhanced Fire Bolt and Flickering Fire Bolt and it feels way underpowered.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 8, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

arc lash is generally the best one, and you can basically build around just using arc lash and 0 spenders and wreck

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

Hey, which basic skill is better for Sorc? Spark, Frost Bolt or Arc Lash? Because it sure as hell isn't Fire Bolt. I have a fully upgraded Fire Bolt and it feels way underpowered.

Fire bolt is used as an enchantment in a ton of builds but otherwise yeah it's not great.

I've seen both lightning ones get recommended in builds that can't sustain mana for a better spell like chain lightning.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Rageaholic posted:

Hey, which basic skill is better for Sorc? Spark, Frost Bolt or Arc Lash? Because it sure as hell isn't Fire Bolt. I have a fully upgraded Fire Bolt and it feels way underpowered.

i used spark for my cl build through wt2 and the campaign, but switched to arc lash in nightmare for the extra stun and cooldown reduction. regardless, youll probably want one point in it so you can slot it as an enchantment. having an aoe stun that triggers as you cycle through your abilities means you can perma stun everything and stack cc/stun damage multipliers, and thats kind of the basis for a lot of endgame builds at the moment

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

Rageaholic posted:

Hey, which basic skill is better for Sorc? Spark, Frost Bolt or Arc Lash? Because it sure as hell isn't Fire Bolt. I have a fully upgraded Fire Bolt with Enhanced Fire Bolt and Flickering Fire Bolt and it feels way underpowered.

Hydra/Firewall build in Tier 3 here. Arc Lash. The relatively easy to trigger stun is spectacular, and it ends up doing quite a bit of damage for me as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cool, I'll try out Arc Lash. Thanks y'all :)

e: I'm already noticing a difference in this dungeon I'm going through (Underroot).

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 8, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

whats the best starting pulverize druid build, maxrolls?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

queeb posted:

whats the best starting pulverize druid build, maxrolls?

Read the highlighted keywords and keywords on your drops

And maybe look at the collection for aspects you can use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

they really should have stolen the nested tooltips from recent paradox titles because the current implementation sucks