Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

shrach posted:

That's crazy. My free quantum set gave effect rate on body and speed on boots. Free defensive set from trailblazer ranks gave def% on body/boots. Healer set gave outgoing healing% and hp%. Champions physical set from guidebook or wherever that came from gave speed boots and crit rate chest. I just assumed they had guaranteed these mainstats to be those.

Nope! I've literally never farmed any Genius set pieces and these are my body and boots from the event:

When I already had an effect hit mainstat and speed/break effect substat Thief body and speed mainstat/attack percent substat Thief boots, it was an easy call. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

shrach posted:

I assume the 4* quantum boots you get from her story are guaranteed speed main stat so you can get her to 120+ with that alone if that's your choice.

I need speed boots for like 6 characters

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I thought the quest relics were guaranteed good stats after the chest was Effect Rate, but then my shoes were DEF% lol.

I've come to realize that this game seems a bit more expensive to "top off" characters than in Genshin, mostly because of the huge costs in Trace materials. But it also seems pretty easy to get characters "online."

Compared with Genshin, it seems easier to get characters to a high level (due to ascension materials being very easy to farm), but harder to max out the Talent equivalent.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

was a bit nervous without using a healer, but preservation wins

SW really pulled some weight here since it allowed me to give physical weakness to her so my Sushang can actually do stuff.

forgot to screenshot 5, but Abundance just counters Kefka on all fronts.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Kanos posted:

I feel like people get hung up on the weakness gimmick when it's only one part of the kit and not even really the most important one in a lot of scenarios.

Yep that's what I'm sayin'. 100% agree.

If she didn't have the weakness gimmick, people would've realized she's actually insane because they'll actually look at the rest her kit for once.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wanted to test something so I did SU world 3 with a team of Dan, March, Welt, Asta. I lost Welt in stage 3 but I still demolished Gepard. Did the same for Forgotten Hall 2, 4 and 5. Fun team, even if I need to do SU 5 for better gear. Maybe I'll give that a shot later. Did the Hunt path.

Everyone is level 50 with 40-50 light cones and level 6+ 4 star relics.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

facepalmolive posted:

Yep that's what I'm sayin'. 100% agree.

If she didn't have the weakness gimmick, people would've realized she's actually insane because they'll actually look at the rest her kit for once.

Well, it's pretty hard to judge the rest of her kit because like 90% of it is the DEF reduction and I have no idea what the damage formula is or what enemy DEF values are so it's impossible to know how good that is.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 8, 2023

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Kanos posted:

I'd argue that she's actually one of the most flexible characters in the game, honestly. Her ult is the strongest single target defense shred in the game at this juncture, which means she works with functionally every DPS layout currently in the game even if you completely ignore the weakness implant gimmick. Her skill also shreds all enemy resistances even if you implant the "wrong" weakness. There's no team comp I can think of that would say no to "support character who wildly amplifies DPS against a single target".

I feel like people get hung up on the weakness gimmick when it's only one part of the kit and not even really the most important one in a lot of scenarios.

I didn't even know she did a defense shred until I read her full kit after pulling her. The weakness gimmick is the boss stun mechanic and right there she's like 10/10 mechanically. Everything else is gravy.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
The Def formula is near identical to genshins. 10% def reduction is like 5% more damage, 40% -def is 25% more damage, 60% -def is 42% and so on.

edit: forgot to mention, level difference does push those values up or down, but not too much unless the gap is huge

AParadox fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 8, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And I just pulled Hook. Well poo poo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Latest patch has a lot of nice changes and QoL (just me or are a lot of attack sfx different now? Clara's counter laser definitely sounds different) but there's still a couple more I would like.

- setting a +X level for a relic and auto assigning enough relic xp to reach it without going over
- cutscene/completed quest replay would be really nice so I can check out different dubs
- tiniest gripe ever but the new battle voice lines sections don't have the 2x speed ultimate lines (if they're different)

I've yet to do SU post-patch to see if bosses like Svarog and Kafka got their unique music themes playing during their SU fights like I put in to the suggestions box last survey.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even in terms of silver wolf's weakness gimmick, she works fine even in a rainbow comp?

there's seven elements in the game. the average enemy is weak to 3.

if you're running say, natasha/fire trailblazer/dan heng/silver wolf, odds are the enemy will be weak to at least one of those elements.

1) if the enemy is weak to phys or fire, then odds are that you'll make them weak to wind or quantum - the two characters on the team that are doing good damage ( dan and silver wolf)
2) if the enemy is weak to wind or quantum, then you're already doing decent weakness break to them, and there's an okay chance you'll make them weak to the other
3) if the enemy is weak to nothing on your team, then it's 50/50 you'll make them weak to your dps or subdps
4) if the enemy is weak to both wind and quantum, then you're doing great already
5) if the enemy is weak to phys and fire, then you're guaranteed to make them weak to one of your damage dealers

whats the hell scenario where she becomes completely useless? you could argue 'if she keeps making them weak to fire/phys,' but like, fire trailblaze does okay break bar damage with their enhanced attack, so even that wouldn't be godawful. its a better scenario than if silver wolf didn't have the gimmick.

even at her absolute worst where she never adds a useful weakness to the target, silver wolf is still 'pela but she actually does damage.'

people just get hyperfixated on her best possible scenario and think that if she isnt hitting that than she's useless, or something. she has plenty of situations where the weakness add is marginally useful and very few where its doing literally nothing, and even if it is doing nothing, she's still a good debuffer who does decent damage.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

to the Silver Wolf haters
https://twitter.com/rewuyuu/status/1666589080547737601

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

'Pela but actually does damage' seems like an odd comparison considering Pela's skill actually does more damage. Less with her ult, but it's also AOE which could be better in some circumstances. You could make the argument that her damage is more generally useful since single-target tends to be more valuable, but in terms of overall skill multipliers they are at least comparable. Silver Wolf doesn't have some magical property that makes her insanely stronger at raw damage than other similar characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Silver Wolf doesn't have some magical property that makes her insanely stronger at raw damage than other similar characters.
does her base attack stat being the 5th highest in the game and equivalent to seele's count

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Okay maybe she does have a magical property. But that just further goes to show that all of her power that you're saying we should care about more than her weirdo weakness utility is hidden in invisible number differences that it's nearly impossible to recognize or understand at a glance.

Like, the relic system makes it almost impossible to recognize what is a base stat difference and what is just having crappy relics on the 2nd person, unless you go out of your way to compare them wearing the same thing (assuming you even have them at the same level).

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 8, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Still hemming and hawing on whether to pull here. I think a second healer would be more valuable for MoC, but I do not really like the way QQ plays so a quantum damage dealer would be nice too (plus the other utility). I have 146 pulls worth of jade + free weekly ones we will earn and 35 pulls toward pity, so I will need to win the 50/50 to have a chance at both SW and the imaginary healer guy. I guess I could go toward the first 50/50, and then determine which one I would want to save the other amount for toward the end of this banner. I am not super enthralled with this banners 4 stars though, since Dan will probably be on the chopping block if I get SW, and I already have JY so Serval got sent down to the C squad.

I also wish the demo trial of the characters was more representative of them on your squad, give you some MoC level difficulty to trial them on, even with no reward. Being over-geared and blowing up some random hallway guys does not really give too much information and the bad guys die before you can do too much.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Event is fun and reasonably quick, and gives a bunch of materials sorely needed for leveling people up. Lovely!

Also hell yeah got a random welt from silverwolf ascension standard tickets. Now the question is, since I have his lightcone, how much better is SW's signature LC, compared to just using welt's on her?

Pain of Mind posted:

I also wish the demo trial of the characters was more representative of them on your squad, give you some MoC level difficulty to trial them on, even with no reward. Being over-geared and blowing up some random hallway guys does not really give too much information and the bad guys die before you can do too much.
Just like genshin, trials are hit or miss but mostly pretty poor examples of the character's capabilities.

Someone earlier in the thread put a leveled and geared SW as their "support character" and shared their UID, so you can mess around with her in calyx farming somewhat to get a better idea of how she plays.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 8, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

luocha has the con of being incredibly lame (even if his kit is pretty badass)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Okay maybe she does have a magical property. But that just further goes to show that all of her power that you're saying we should care about more than her weirdo weakness utility is hidden in invisible number differences that it's nearly impossible to recognize or understand at a glance.
i mean even if her personal damage was equivalent to pela's, her baseline just being pela (but with minor enemy attack and speed debuffs on top of the def debuff) would still be good? pela's a great unit

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

Like, the relic system makes it almost impossible to recognize what is a base stat difference and what is just having crappy relics on the 2nd person, unless you go out of your way to compare them wearing the same thing (assuming you even have them at the same level).

Tingyun's power is largely hidden in that exact same invisible number difference(except instead of debuffing the enemies she's giving you Bigger Number instead), but nobody seems confused about Tingyun being really good.

That's just character optimization in general. Someone not interested in the mechanics and not looking at tooltips and numbers isn't going to notice a big difference between bringing Dan Heng and Sushang either.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 8, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Silver Wolf is tempting, especially considering how compatable she is with my Seele, but also I'm currently planning on taking Bronya at pick 300 if I don't get her beforehand, and they're an even better combo. I spent a little money in the first couple weeks I played this just to help myself get established, but I've made a blood vow with myself not to spend anything beyond the Nameless Valor, daily gem pack and the first round of gems in the shop when they're worth double. So I'm practicing patience and waiting.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Things are starting to get really confusing to me whenever Endorph and I post on the same page.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Things are starting to get really confusing to me whenever Endorph and I post on the same page.

...always has been (since Bocchi Bandit started)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

took my ting/SW/seele/bailu duel ele team to the 1st EW boss (where notably none of the parts are weak to quant or elec) and yea the weakness RNG was real annoying, when quantum landed pieces exploded as expected but i lost the 50/50 alot, at one point losing it 4x in a row and it was a bit of a struggle (esp since the team is point negative when SW has to keep re-applying skill). still fairly effective team and adding weakness is very nice for enabling your 1 seele to work everywhere but to truly make it hum you'll need a full quantum team i feel like. of course when doing bosses that the team is more properly elemented for it wont be a problem as much

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I tried out my lvl 70 SW in SU3-3 last night but with +0 relics/a hand-me-down lvl 20 LC because I haven't gotten the free one yet/lvl 4 traces at best it turns out she dies really quickly to elite mob aoe attacks! Also my blessing RNG was pure garbo with all the 3* blessings I saw not matching my path.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also spoilers but lynx is a 4* quantum healer that will probably be added in a patch or two. feel like this is important lore to know when discussing silver wolf's team comps.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

calm down with the quantum bros, 90% of us dont even have a single imaginary

imo

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Meowywitch posted:

imo

Does not seem like it is missed much with the once a week someone uses my E1 Welt for support (I know the things you can use support for are not well suited for anyone but DPS, but I can still complain about it).

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Indecisive posted:

took my ting/SW/seele/bailu duel ele team to the 1st EW boss (where notably none of the parts are weak to quant or elec) and yea the weakness RNG was real annoying, when quantum landed pieces exploded as expected but i lost the 50/50 alot, at one point losing it 4x in a row and it was a bit of a struggle (esp since the team is point negative when SW has to keep re-applying skill). still fairly effective team and adding weakness is very nice for enabling your 1 seele to work everywhere but to truly make it hum you'll need a full quantum team i feel like. of course when doing bosses that the team is more properly elemented for it wont be a problem as much

My SW teambuilding strat is to basically have 2 mini-teams of elements, at the moment I'm trying out Clara/Nat/QQ/SW so no matter which way the weakness embed goes I have a DPS to capitalise on it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Meowywitch posted:

imo

Everyone is getting a free imaginary character next half of the patch.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Worst case for SW seems less about missing vs hitting alone and includes SP costs. When you have the weakness set up properly, she's an SP-positive debuffer while any situation where you're flipping coins (or worse) means RNG eating SP or you can give up. Ofc she's still got plenty in her kit but the weakness implant is her big thing and what plenty of people are pulling for. It's also the part of her kit that is going to become easier to guarantee over time, so the current limitations can be frustrating.

If you're not going to work around the weakness implant, I guess why not consider if you'd settle for Pela's 40% AOE DEF shred and the lower personal damage.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

i just wish that once she applies an element you like, and you reuse the skill while its still on, it just refreshes that one instead of rerolling

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Punklord Mentality was basically perfect for the first real event, I liked it a lot.

It's also always a treat to hear the eternally stoned Kafka talk

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
wow moc is a lot easier when the gap is 8 levels instead of 18

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I appreciate that everyone has a bark for being revived in combat, even though the only way to trigger it on non-Gepard units right now is with Bailu's ultimate. Now that's future-proofing! Though maybe they say it when you revive them with a consumable out of combat, too. I dunno. Too annoying to test.

I didn't notice the Trailblazer has different barks depending on her Path for generic shared things like "getting hit", either.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 8, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Actually, does the buff from Bailu's ult have to be up for her cheat death to work? I don't have her. I assumed so because of the way her talent description is written, but maybe it's just badly laid out.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

FractalSandwich posted:

Actually, does the buff from Bailu's ult have to be up for her cheat death to work? I don't have her. I assumed so because of the way her talent description is written, but maybe it's just badly laid out.

they're separate, bailu revives the first downed character whether or not they have invigoration

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Meowywitch posted:

Punklord Mentality was basically perfect for the first real event, I liked it a lot.

It tickled me a bit that the plot was essentially a heist to steal the ROM construct of Dixie Flatline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Eimi posted:

I've said it before but my hope is that whenever the TB gets Imaginary, their hair will turn purple and Stelle is Sirin. She deserves to be the main character.

I mean, Sirin has been the protagonist of a Honkai game before, kinda.