Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hidden clothing has a few tells that I haven't seen in unrelated caves, too much to be a coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren: Costco does this like once a year, limit 2! ($200)

Chronojam posted:

It says limit 2 but has always let me add a third in a separate transaction

E: the $50 cards are also on sale for $40 right now, also limit 2, but the discount on a third isn't applying this time

Neat

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eiba posted:

The bubulfrogs are usually pretty hidden. I can't imagine having scoured a cave to the point where I've found that fucker but missed whatever was supposed to be in there.

Though now that I think about it there was at least one where I had to solve a puzzle from a quest and I would have missed the clothing were it not for the quest instructions... but I trust that those situations would have quests pointing to the cave at least.

There was one cave where the clothing was up on a "hill" in a big chamber, and I very nearly walked past it cause I think I registered the hill as a pillar. Like, I had found the frog in a side passage, and was about to leave before I doubled back briefly and noticed a very obvious tent.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/Summitsphere/status/1666481696244477953

Quite enjoyed this on Steam, so recommending it now that it's on Switch. Fun little retro-style arcade game, basically Pac-Man as a platformer.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I'm pretty sure all caves with clothes have those flag decorations around the cave itself, often right by the entrance, to signal that the chest is somewhere inside

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren: Costco does this like once a year, limit 2! ($200)

Nice, quoting this for later

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
drat..ganon fight suuuuuucks.

If you don't have the proper consumables you are pretty much screwed. What a terrible mechanic.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Quantum of Phallus posted:

nintendo switch is the consoel for dudes who hate their kids

hate and ignore are different okay

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

If you don't have the proper consumables you are pretty much screwed. What a terrible mechanic.

don't get hit noob. i did it with 1 ungloomed heart

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The best Ganon is captain falcon Ganon in smash

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Did you just avoid the depths the entire game or something?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Waltzing Along posted:

You can make food everywhere. It's one of the main things in both games.

Sorry that you didnt?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Eiba posted:

Don't they get a little check mark on the map at least? You can pin them and delete the pins if there's a checked cave on your map.

I'm sad because I had a ton of fun in every cave trying to find the bauble thing. Whatever it was called. But then when I finally found the freak in the hot air balloon and gave him all the gems he wanted for his treasures... he said he had given them all to me!

All I have to do now is find all of them for completion sake. I don't care about completion, I want treasures!

Now when I go into caves I just feel less motivated to find the hidden guy... Why can't this game just go on forever?

FYI there is a reward for all frogs. Plus the satisfaction of helping a little man achieve his lifelong dream...?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Use the bunch of Zonai cooking pots you haven't used with Sundelions to get Gloom restoration.

Alternatively don't get hit

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

All my cooking pots get used as hammers so I don’t know how to cook anymore

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I found all the shrines in TotK without a guide using two tricks NPCs told me about : every surface shrine corresponds with a lightroot in the Depths, and every cave entrance has a Blupee hanging around near it. Just used Scanner+ to search for Blupees and wells if the shrine wasn't immediately visible from above, easy pease. I could never be bothered to find them all in BotW, but I thought this was fun.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So all the shrines Corrospond with a root? thought there might be some standalone ones around, gotta recheck my map I'm still missing six

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

hatty posted:

So all the shrines Corrospond with a root? thought there might be some standalone ones around, gotta recheck my map I'm still missing six

Yes.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
So a friend wants to get my son a new Switch game since he was hit by a car. I'm thinking Lego City Undercover? They asked what he wants, but I don't want to request a super expensive game.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Well, every root has a corresponding shrine, but if you're missing some you may need to play around in the clouds (there's 120 terrestrial and 32 in the sky, iirc)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Super-NintendoUser posted:

So a friend wants to get my son a new Switch game since he was hit by a car. I'm thinking Lego City Undercover? They asked what he wants, but I don't want to request a super expensive game.

Give them a list of games he wants at various price levels and let them decide how much they want to spend on it.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Some people have mentioned that some shrines tied to Shrine Quests may not make your Purah Pad beep when you’re nearby. Also yes, sky shrines do not have corresponding roots

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Lego City Undercover is an overall fantastic game. It’s a hilarious parody of GTA games, Hollywood buddy cop movies, and so on. The story has several sequences that are just funny as poo poo. Unfortunately, it’s buggy and can crash. The vehicles all drive like rear end too. But it’s worth overlooking those issues and I still highly recommend. There’s also full blown split screen co-op the whole way which is fun as hell.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the load times for lego city undercover on switch are very very long

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I ordered myself a copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars. Why is this game so drat expensive and hard to find new? Did they immediately stop printing it or something? And does that mean Mario Galaxy 2 is still stuck on the Wii? I haven't played any mainline Mario games since Mario 64 so wanted to get caught up.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

chaosapiant posted:

I ordered myself a copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars. Why is this game so drat expensive and hard to find new? Did they immediately stop printing it or something? And does that mean Mario Galaxy 2 is still stuck on the Wii? I haven't played any mainline Mario games since Mario 64 so wanted to get caught up.

Yes, and yes. They had the limited run for some dumb reason, which included digital.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the load times for lego city undercover on switch are very very long

Yeah I forgot about that. Once through the initial load when you start the game, it’s becomes a lot more manageable. But I think it can take almost a minute when you start it up.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

chaosapiant posted:

I ordered myself a copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars. Why is this game so drat expensive and hard to find new?
Nintendo deliberately delisted it from the eShop after six months and stopped printing physical copies. They did print a lot of copies though and the game sold well, so used ones should be abundant.

chaosapiant posted:

And does that mean Mario Galaxy 2 is still stuck on the Wii?
It's playable on the Steam Deck.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Just used Scanner+ to search for Blupees and wells if the shrine wasn't immediately visible from above, easy pease.

Oh for gently caress’S sake

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Just used Scanner+ to search for Blupees

im so loving mad

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I used the scanner in caves to find the frogs I didn’t think it use it on the little guys to find caves. I’ve just been doing spiral patterns around shrine zones like a FOOL

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh for gently caress’S sake

Lmao same

I love this loving game

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I just tried that for 2 shrines i'm looking for and not even a blip.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Haven't got to end game yet but it's pretty obvious that you should have gloom recovery items when facing anything remotely related to Ganon...it's like the entire premise of the game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

When I can't find the cave I just open a map on my phone and then go there.

Cheating myself and the game

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I picked up etrian odyssey 3 HD and yep the game still loving rocks

Mapping is surprisingly smooth, it has a learning curve but once you have it down it's fairly intuitive. You can either use the ZR n the right stick to manipulate menu options, or you can straight up use the touchscreen like in the DS if you're playing handheld which I usually am for RPGs. I have automap set to map lthe floors I walk on but not walls or anything else just to reduce the tedium and it works great

Also seeing official 2D artwork as opposed to pixels sprites is pretty freaking sweet. Price kind of sucked at 40 bucks a pop but at least it's not an entirely half-assed port and the transition to 1 screen is fairly elegant

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m making such leisurely progress that I’ll be ready to just knuckle down and grind them all out right around when the guidebook ships, giving me an excuse

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Len posted:

When I can't find the cave I just open a map on my phone and then go there.

Cheating myself and the game

I did that for the last two shrines in BotW and I don’t regret because they were kinda bullshit and I would have never found them on my own in a reasonable amount of time

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I don't think they expect most people to complete every shrine. I think I burned out at around 80 shrines in breath of the wild, I'll try to get to them here but could see myself moving on to another game in another 50 hours or so

For now I'm still having a great time although I'm increasingly getting to the point where very few things are a threat. Kind of keeping my HP low on purpose to be honest just to keep things spicy. Getting one shot is scary as hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

CainFortea posted:

Give them a list of games he wants at various price levels and let them decide how much they want to spend on it.

That's a good idea, but all he wants is TOTk, which he already has.