Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sgt. Politeness posted:

^^^^^^^Well, maybe not 616 but newspaper Spider-Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

kiminewt posted:

Just have another one be from another another dimension.

Also a severe lack if symbiotes in all of these spider men.

The Spiderverse comics have the same problem.

No cosmic Spider-Man in the movie was a noticeable absence.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

The Spiderverse comics have the same problem.

No cosmic Spider-Man in the movie was a noticeable absence.

I think they still can't just throw in mix ups of Spider-Man and other Marvel characters. Captain Universe being one.

Like also you had Spider Hulk and Deathlok Spider-Man but they weren't really them. Just similar in appearances. Also the original Spider UK who looked like Captain Britain.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Flash seems to be averaging a 60 on metacritic

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Review rating or Crimes per Month?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I know Beyond the Spider-Verse is gonna start with a once more from the top on how 42 Miles became Prowler

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

bunnyofdoom posted:

I know Beyond the Spider-Verse is gonna start with a once more from the top on how 42 Miles became Prowler

solid bet

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CzarChasm posted:

Maybe they dropped NWO because they had to turn away too many aging wrestlers auditioning in black and white costumes.

That's why they cast a young guy like Seth Rollins!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Genuinely I think a lot of the sequel is going to be Miles feeling obligated to help his prowler self topple all of the sinister six and bring some amount of peace to that world, and I'm real excited.

Miles Prowler.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sharkopath posted:

Genuinely I think a lot of the sequel is going to be Miles feeling obligated to help his prowler self topple all of the sinister six and bring some amount of peace to that world, and I'm real excited.

Miles Prowler.

Yeah, and he'll probably have to follow him around and learn the ropes of that universe.

Miles Tails Prowler.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: gently caress, beaten

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Some speculation about future characters who could appear but some spoilers for this movie as well.

If they do Japanese Spider-Man and Leopardon in the next movie, would they animate him? So far we've seen the live action Spider-Men represented as footage from their films and when Spot went to Tom Hardy's Venom universe that was live action. So maybe Leopardon won't be illustrated but an actual actor in a mech costume.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 7, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sharkopath posted:

Miles Prowler.

theironjef posted:

Yeah, and he'll probably have to follow him around and learn the ropes of that universe.

Miles Tails Prowler.

Excellent work gang

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lobok posted:

Some speculation about future characters who could appear but some spoilers for this movie as well.

If they do Japanese Spider-Man and Leopardon in the next movie, would they animate him? So far we've seen the live action Spider-Men represented as footage from their films and when Spot went to Tom Hardy's Venom universe that was live action. So maybe Leopardon won't be illustrated but an actual actor in a mech costume.

I would commit acts of violence if it meant getting the resources for them to build a whole real miniature set so that a Leopardon costume can do a couple moves against a full-on Anti-Spiral Spot, who is animated of course.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My favorite running joke of the movie is Scarlet Spider being just so incredibly 90s in his attitude and behavior.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Yeah this is entirely a movie about how the “canon” and slavish dedication to it can be harmful to story-telling.

It reminds me of the phantoms/ghosts from Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Lobok posted:

Yes but to honor the TV show and how the suit was stolen for the latter half, it’s just the same footage they’d reuse all the time from the show of Leopardon by itself with nothing else around it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

twistedmentat posted:

My favorite running joke of the movie is Scarlet Spider being just so incredibly 90s in his attitude and behavior.

No one has talked about it but I lost it on my
second viewing when he rearranges himself into the classic “Spider-Man on the edge of the building” crouch and then says to himself “Perfect Pose.” Just an incredible dork.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

TwoPair posted:

e: gently caress, beaten

Gotta go fast

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Conrad_Birdie posted:

No one has talked about it but I lost it on my
second viewing when he rearranges himself into the classic “Spider-Man on the edge of the building” crouch and then says to himself “Perfect Pose.” Just an incredible dork.

Or when he's introduced going "sorry, I was busy thinking about my past" and just collapses into groans of pain is great.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Yeah this is entirely a movie about how the “canon” and slavish dedication to it can be harmful to story-telling.

He’s gonna save everybody. Because he’s Spider-Man. :)

Yeah, all the talk about the Canon being necessary really made me think of the original Spider-Verse comics. Specifically how Spider-Girl was treated. She went from a character who while had experienced setbacks and losses but still had a stable and supportive homelife and both her parents, and then by the end of that her dad's dead, she's wearing his old costume, and she's gone from the original Spider-Girl to just another Spider-Woman (all against the wishes of her original creators). Heck, Arana had a great relationship with her dad, and then when she became the 616 Spider-Girl he immediately got killed. I guess referring to the Canon as 'hack writers/editors' would have been too on the nose.

Also I'm going to laugh my rear end off if we reach the end of the Spider-Verse trilogy and Superior is just...left out completely. I think he'd be a hard sell to a movie-going audience

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also I'm going to laugh my rear end off if we reach the end of the Spider-Verse trilogy and Superior is just...left out completely. I think he'd be a hard sell to a movie-going audience

We already had him, he's the Chris Pine Spider-Man from the start of the first movie.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's making me think of the new Flash movie where apparently Ezra Miller has to ensure his mum dies to fix time or something.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
uhh i'm pretty sure that's literally from the original flashpoint comic event

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lobok posted:

We already had him, he's the Chris Pine Spider-Man from the start of the first movie.
Don't be rididculous! He didn't say 'The Die Is Cast!' once!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

site posted:

uhh i'm pretty sure that's literally from the original flashpoint comic event

Yeah. Adherence to the canon is stupid

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think I read the ending to Flash and if so I'm happy to not see it in theaters

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1666889229509742593

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1666890374525370368

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Codependent Poster posted:

I think I read the ending to Flash and if so I'm happy to not see it in theaters

Apparently the finished film is going to have a different final scene that they didn’t want to spoil in preview screenings. It ended on a tease, so I’m wondering if they just go the rest of the way in the final film.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

I don’t know who any of those women are, but the square jawed woman looks like Lois to me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rachel Brosnahan won an Emmy and was also in a Quibi series where she gets a golden arm and dies because it poisons her and she refuses to take it off.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 9, 2023

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I heard that Hoult was almost definitely playing Lex, not Supes

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Brosnahan seems like she'd give a Kidder-esque performance and that's my default Lois so I like her.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Of the three there, Emma Mackey seems the most Lane-ish for the personality that I want her to have, which is holding her own and taking no poo poo from anyone. She's great on Sex Education.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah Brosnahan would be a great choice for Lois.

Also lol that all the dudes testing for Supes have the same ear shape. Gunn clearly has a specific vision he’s going for.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I love Hoult but he is a bad choice for Superman.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m less concerned with the casting of Lois as the writing. Hopefully they can write a character who exists beyond her utility to Superman's story.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Apparently the finished film is going to have a different final scene that they didn’t want to spoil in preview screenings. It ended on a tease, so I’m wondering if they just go the rest of the way in the final film.

This was supposedly the scene that they were holding back. Or two scenes, I guess. They suuuuuuuuck.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I love Hoult but he is a bad choice for Superman.

Having lived through Ledger and Pattinson's backlashes, the out of left fieldness of Hoult is part of the appeal for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Quote is not edit