Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Virtual Russian posted:

lol did he just gently caress himself out of his severance to post on twitter? He'd have to know this would happen, and Musk is just going to drop him the second he loses interest. From what I heard Fox was basically shovelling him money not to have a show. Why wouldn't you just take a massive extended vacation that lasts until Fox stops paying him?

What is it about twitter that makes people so stupid?

i seem to recall tucker's argument for being able to do his show on twitter was because the agreement with Fox never explicitly list Twitter as a platform he couldn't continue a similar show on. the lawyers did not believe twitter would be a viable platform (which it isn't) and most likely they made the list non-exhaustive and didn't think to include twitter. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised tucker thought he got his rear end covered being encouraged by musk, and will get his severance pay clawed back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

this seems incompatible with 'ftw'

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
its all premised on this idea that everybody should be forced to interact with the viewpoints he believes are important, and he's too stupid to realize how alienating that is

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
He is probably saying blocked users will be able to read your posts because they are "public", but their replies/posts will still show as blocked/muted to you,

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Virtual Russian posted:

It's a platform full of marks.

Put a steak in front of a starving man and he'll do stupid poo poo to eat too.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

THF13 posted:

He is probably saying blocked users will be able to read your posts because they are "public", but their replies/posts will still show as blocked/muted to you,

do you really think that is what he is saying

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

He deleted it. If you go to the OP's page, it's endless tweets first begging Musk for more interactions, then whining about Musk deleting his reply. This is the end state of Twitter: Musk replying to the worst opinion you've ever heard, then the OP simpering for deals or more boosts from Musk

Virtual Russian posted:

lol did he just gently caress himself out of his severance to post on twitter? He'd have to know this would happen, and Musk is just going to drop him the second he loses interest. From what I heard Fox was basically shovelling him money not to have a show. Why wouldn't you just take a massive extended vacation that lasts until Fox stops paying him?

It was reported on at the time that Tucker knew streaming on Twitter would violate his $20M non-compete. The assumption is Twitter paid Tucker to make streaming worth forgoing the non-compete incentive. Today's filing isn't news.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jeffrey i know you are reading this thread delete the ignore list RIGHT NOW

The people want this

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yes, Jeffrey delete everyone on my ignore list,

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol at twitter paying anyone do you think money grows on tweets

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

didn't the new CEO start this week? must be great to walk into work and find out Elon is tweeting with the guy who wants to eradicate all the jews before you jump on a call with Pepsi to try to get them to start advertising again

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oops I missed a page

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i am going to use the strongest form of mute there is

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

spaceblancmange posted:

i am going to use the strongest form of mute there is

logging off

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i cast mutaga

Harvey Birdman
Oct 21, 2012

THF13 posted:

That's already how a Twitter mute works.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Removing blocks on Twitter would instantly kill it and make it unusable so go for it

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

the gently caress is "a stronger form of mute" other than "blocking"???

A mime

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

lol like the third comment down is about "the jews", love the new twitter Elon!

the other comments are people who don't understand what a contract is

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

Removing blocks on Twitter would instantly kill it and make it unusable so go for it

I'm pretty sure the most prominent posts being about how we need to kill transgender people and stop the jews has made the site unusable already

worst ever at ping-pong
Jun 11, 2010

I get the feeling anybody who would ditch twitter because of its horrific un-usability is already gone. The addicts that are left are gonna stay til the bitter end no matter what dumb poo poo he does

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
"after the removal of blocking it makes no sense to go private in a public space, Twitter will work on a way so you can still see all posts"

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

The funniest thing to me about Twitter right now is that you only have to block like 1-3 lowbie bluechecks before the thread is clear. It's laughably sad how few blue checks are active in any non-musk thread, even looking at Bitcoin/Chud content

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
advertiser revenue is down like 70% and it’s clear no one bought twitter blue so basically Elon musk is just dumb as gently caress and wasted more money than most people could dream of in a thousand lifetimes

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I can’t even dream of very much money. maybe $100m tops. like I have no idea what having more
money than that would mean

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYURUiOjZSw

Prediction that Musk will be bankrupt in 5 years.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Stereotype posted:

I can’t even dream of very much money. maybe $100m tops. like I have no idea what having more
money than that would mean

you could buy a lot of pizzas, i suppose

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ELTON JOHN posted:

you could buy a lot of pizzas, i suppose

or maybe one really big pizza

lurkeskywalker
Jul 12, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol
Love the derangement

Love the projection

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So what is Twitter going to be like at this rate in 5 years? Just another Truth Social type site that only chuds and conspiracy theorists post in?

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

you dumbasses don't get it: elon not only revealed the twitter files (watergate and the pentagon papers combined obv) so we'd know about government censorship courtesy of tucker and matt and glenn, true american heroes obv, he then destroyed twitter so even if the government kept wanting to snoop, there'd be nothing worth reading. thank u based elon.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Panfilo posted:

So what is Twitter going to be like at this rate in 5 years? Just another Truth Social type site that only chuds and conspiracy theorists post in?

live streaming golf

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Panfilo posted:

X, the Everything Hateful App.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
twitter's finally getting good again

https://twitter.com/The_Hellenist/status/1666476830227054592

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
lol @ not kissing before getting married

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

happyhippy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYURUiOjZSw

Prediction that Musk will be bankrupt in 5 years.

Thanks, now my youtube recommendations will be polluted for a week or so.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

That CHILD is playing a CHILDREN'S GAME :argh:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Lmao I didn't even get to "81 is a historically gay number"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it’s honestly even better now that the deranged people are paying money to post poo poo like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

put this in the "Twitter files"..... the files of good posts!!!