Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

everything is a Leopard

Yeah cant tell whats burning there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Roblo posted:

you've potentially opened up a much larger area upstream to easier attacks.

I am not an expert, but Dnieper is still a very wide river and there will be huge amounts of muddy sediment that accumulated at the bottom of the reservoir over decades, I doubt larger vehicles will be able to cross that area

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I mean, I'm not going to be too shocked if Russia takes out some Leopards.

They're good tanks, not invulnerable. The counterattack will not be painless.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Oh they will most def get some leppards eventually.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Deki posted:

I mean, I'm not going to be too shocked if Russia takes out some Leopards.

They're good tanks, not invulnerable. The counterattack will not be painless.

Call the UN (pulls a Leopard 2 from under shirt)... but not for me!!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

bad_fmr posted:

Oh they will most def get some leppards eventually.
Let’s hope there’s photographs.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah cant tell whats burning there

The top tank is a tank photoshopped to look like Leopard 2, because Russophiles need to make up their own narrative about how they're Owning So Hard right now

edit: In case you didn't know that I mean. I have no clue what the actual tank is.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Let's hope none get blown up so there aren't going to be any

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/front_ukrainian/status/1666741525491990529

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Those are going to cause hysteria.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Scrungus posted:

Pretty decent armored column with at least 2 leopards and a bunch of APCs looks like it got smoked :/

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1666727040911908864?s=46&t=DD0vzTZtKt-jEdi0QLOPZw
You can expect a deluge of these kinds of pictures and video's over the coming weeks and months. Attacking is hard, and a lot of the Ukranian army is going to be destroyed unless miracles happen.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

"If it helped us, how can it be a war crime?" is quite the hot take. I don't even know where to start.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

Claiming that they have already killed 200000+ russian soldiers (and thus around 500-600k wounded) is on the level with Russian MoD fantasies.
At least they dont invent vehicle destruction out of nothing, granted.

They aren't claiming 200k killed. It's 200k casualties total. That means wounded, killed, captured, and missing. If it was 200k killed you'd be looking at minimum 650k casualties, which is beyond absurd. 200k total casualties is entirely in line with needing two rounds of mobilization

E: interestingly one of the things that the Zinky Boys book about the Soviet-Afghan War goes into very often in accounts with soldiers and civilians is how far the USSR went to hide the casualties from Afghanistan. They'd bury them at night, or in unmarked graves, causes of death and any information about the combatant's condition was classified as a state secret and people were thrown in prison for it, a lot more besides that. All the stuff with the mobile crematoriums we saw earlier in the war existed in their Afghan war too and they used them there to keep casualty knowledge suppressed as much as possible in order to maintain internal social stability.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 8, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wow. Poland is talking about sending troops to Ukraine.

In other news the enemy is continuously shelled to hell combined with drone based counter battery fire. They have to keep moving the artillery back for fear of losing it.

HIMARS is doing work on local concentrations of CNC elements so there's no one to answer the distress calls and reallocate reserves.

Belgorod is still under siege with the 73rd mechanized getting their poo poo rocked by RDK/RVP forces. The guys have been pumping shells into belgorod for a loving week now.

And Ukrianians that have been trapped in Nazi occupied territory are boating over to the ukrainians side of the Dniper. And there's boat ventures back and forth rescuing people from Russian Nazism so that's good news.

Oh and Ukraine is developing scooter drones with rocket pods that can traverse at a speed of 80MPH. Yes Mph Not KPh I had to do the conversion.

Also, the flooding of the river is actually very beneficial to Ukraine as oleshky was expected to be a tough nut to crack due to the overall defensive belt covering the Dniper.

Nazis are dying, pundits are lying, and Putin? Skidding.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Oh and Ukraine is developing scooter drones with rocket pods that can traverse at a speed of 80MPH. Yes Mph Not KPh I had to do the conversion.

That is absolutely insane. What the gently caress lmao

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Waffle House posted:

That is absolutely insane. What the gently caress lmao

Lmao if you got wrecked by a freestyle razor scooter drone, rocket powered ankle crusher

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Less embarrassing than being taken out by a Segway drone

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

In other news the enemy is continuously shelled to hell combined with drone based counter battery fire. They have to keep moving the artillery back for fear of losing it.

HIMARS is doing work on local concentrations of CNC elements so there's no one to answer the distress calls and reallocate reserves.

Belgorod is still under siege with the 73rd mechanized getting their poo poo rocked by RDK/RVP forces. The guys have been pumping shells into belgorod for a loving week now.

And Ukrianians that have been trapped in Nazi occupied territory are boating over to the ukrainians side of the Dniper. And there's boat ventures back and forth rescuing people from Russian Nazism so that's good news.

Also, the flooding of the river is actually very beneficial to Ukraine as oleshky was expected to be a tough nut to crack due to the overall defensive belt covering the Dniper.

It would be helpful if you could link to a source for this stuff.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Russian soldiers in the process of a well-planned crushing of another NATO army

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1666819711114575877

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

WE DINDT STAHT THA FIHAH IT WAS ALWAYS BURNIN SINCE THE WOURL WAS TURNIN

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

THE ZOO IS LOOSE, BABY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_RUY657KYQ

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.politico.eu/article/russians-shooting-at-rescuers-in-flooded-areas-zelenskyy-tells-politico/

Putin is a real humanitarian.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
More like a real sack of poo poo!!!!!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

They aren't claiming 200k killed. It's 200k casualties total. That means wounded, killed, captured, and missing. If it was 200k killed you'd be looking at minimum 650k casualties, which is beyond absurd. 200k total casualties is entirely in line with needing two rounds of mobilization.

"Liquidated" means killed:

HonorableTB posted:

Fresh numbers off the presses, lots of zinky boys today and hachi machi that's a lot of artillery systems destroyed.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Deteriorata posted:

It would be helpful if you could link to a source for this stuff.
Perfectly believable that they hooped up a remote control to one of these things

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Liquidated translates to me more as a figure of speech for "generally out of action and unlikely to return" but I'll take your word for it as the native speaker

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Dwesa posted:

Russian soldiers in the process of a well-planned crushing of another NATO army

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1666819711114575877

Aren't they saying the floods would be around for at least a couple of days? Hope those guys can quickly learn how to sleep in a tree, they're going to be up there for a while.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

HonorableTB posted:

Liquidated translates to me more as a figure of speech for "generally out of action and unlikely to return" but I'll take your word for it as the native speaker

Seconding that "liquidated" is definitely a euphemism for "killed".

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
VESPA

Vatnik Elimination Scooting Projectile Armament

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

"Liquidated" was used internally by Soviet security services for targeted killings. Way later Russia started using it in media during Chechen campaigns because "liquidated militants" sounded tacticool and clean, in line with western war coverage newspeak ("insurgents", "surgical strikes", "collateral damage").

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

madmatt112 posted:

Seconding that "liquidated" is definitely a euphemism for "killed".

Disagreed

E: but it seems these summaries do use it in this sense, my bad

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 8, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1666792560004677634

More living in another reality experts

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Thanks for the explanation, that makes a ton of sense

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

We are only going to see footage from the Russian POV for some time. I get the impulse to know what is going on, alas, it may be a while before we get a full picture of how the counter offensive is going.

If Ukrainians are deploying Leopards, they are inevitably going to lose some.

Edit: Case in point

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1666830782533435394?s=20

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

beer_war posted:

We are only going to see footage from the Russian POV for some time. I get the impulse to know what is going on, alas, it may be a while before we get a full picture of how the counter offensive is going.

If Ukrainians are deploying Leopards, they are inevitably going to lose some.

Edit: Case in point

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1666830782533435394?s=20

Congratulations to comrades at TASS on thewholesale destruction of an American armored division.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1666839787850825728?t=bsnd_Aw6nYrAfUlGPVPVhQ&s=19

ISW thread. I'm not posting the whole thing but it's a good look.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lol there's no way this is anything but trolling propaganda but wouldn't it be hilarious if it happened

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1666753202459475968?s=20

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I don't think that Shoigu has the power to arrest him at the moment. I think they'd have to trick him to go somewhere without his guards.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Wagnerites may have done some light grand theft auto with some tanks owned by the 72nd Motorized Rifle Brigade of the RUAF

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/wagner-pmc-mercenaries-stole-tanks-from-the-russian-armed-forces/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

Wagnerites may have done some light grand theft auto with some tanks owned by the 72nd Motorized Rifle Brigade of the RUAF

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/wagner-pmc-mercenaries-stole-tanks-from-the-russian-armed-forces/

ouroblyat