Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
We had a safety meeting and I could stop giggling sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
Look at all these lucky mfers up in here not totally burned out on their jobs. :hellyeah:

In direct contrast, my boss was going over poo poo we'll need to handle while she's out for 3 weeks after her son has surgery and she just casually mentioned that the one girl still working directly under her isn't doing a great job and the rest of the department could probably pick up the slack if we dropped her.

Like, drat, just cause we're not currently drowning in work doesn't mean we can afford losing yet another person this year. She's usually hungover and clearly going through some personal poo poo but at least she knows the details of the specific projects none of the rest of us have even glanced at.

DaChurl

Also, the child was up coughing most of the night so it's time to switch from tea to coffee.

Embrace the jitters and mild increase in anxiety!

:sludgepal:

DaChurl

If I just keep posting, I don't have to think about any of this bullshit that needs to get done. It's win win.

teemolover42069

by Fluffdaddy
im not burned out on my job but i have a big vacation(PTO BABY!!!!) coming up next week and im soooo antsy for it I just want these next few days of work to be over!!!!!! I want to party!!!!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Farecoal

There he go
My probation period at my temp-to-hire job is up but they're extending the period by 60 days since I called off a few times and was late a couple of days. During those 60 days I have to have perfect attendance, including never being late. Needless to say I am searching for other positions

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Dr. Honked posted:

beekeeping might be good. i'd like to do that. i don't think it pays a whole lot but eh

say no more, I'm already doing research

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Stoner Sloth

Dr. Honked posted:

beekeeping might be good. i'd like to do that. i don't think it pays a whole lot but eh

Sarah Cenia posted:

say no more, I'm already doing research

BYOB does have at least one bee keeper who posts here sometimes, our pal Heather Papps might be a good person to ask about this!

Escape From Noise

I'm burnt out I think. This company is going nowhere and I'm a loser idiot in a dumb career path who can't stop complaining about it.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

teemolover42069

by Fluffdaddy
one time when i was in a new town and didnt know anyone yet I found someone to smoke weed with on craiglist, he was a beekeeper and we chilled at lake at a park and smoked weed and talked about bees. it kicked rear end, was a cool dude. yes this was a weird way to find someone to smoke weed with but it worked

----------------

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

teemolover42069 posted:

one time when i was in a new town and didnt know anyone yet I found someone to smoke weed with on craiglist, he was a beekeeper and we chilled at lake at a park and smoked weed and talked about bees. it kicked rear end, was a cool dude. yes this was a weird way to find someone to smoke weed with but it worked

bees and weed seems like a good combo

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i had 1000 meetings this morning and i think i stripped the gears in my brain. just cannot engage any more

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Farecoal posted:

My probation period at my temp-to-hire job is up but they're extending the period by 60 days since I called off a few times and was late a couple of days. During those 60 days I have to have perfect attendance, including never being late. Needless to say I am searching for other positions

This is extremely hosed, people get sick, public transport is late, its unfair to put the onus on you to control the entire world

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm burnt out I think. This company is going nowhere and I'm a loser idiot in a dumb career path who can't stop complaining about it.

You are burnt out? Yes, I 100% believe this

Company going nowhere? I will take your word on it

You're a loser idiot? :wrong:

Dumb career path? Again idk but it's okay to switch course, you certainly shouldn't beat yourself up about it! There's other jobs!!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

You are burnt out? Yes, I 100% believe this

Company going nowhere? I will take your word on it

You're a loser idiot? :wrong:

Dumb career path? Again idk but it's okay to switch course, you certainly shouldn't beat yourself up about it! There's other jobs!!

Yeah. Like teaching English. Oh boy. Pay cut and poo poo hours. I'm not moving back to the US.

Stoner Sloth

Dr. Honked posted:

bees and weed seems like a good combo

this is true - many moons ago when i was but a young sloth, i was studying at a local university and living in a uni housing place for awhile. anyways right nearby was a pine forest and i found a walking trail where if i wandered dwon about 5 minutes or so there was a fallen tree that made a good spot to sit and smoke weed because it had a large wild hive which meant no one came near it for fear of being stung.

lol i was there for just under 2 years and never got stung either - the bees were happy to ignore me cause i left them to their own devices. also was cool cause that forest had hundreds of sulfur crested and also black and yellow cockatoos to watch too!

Chewbecca

Escape From Noise posted:

Yeah. Like teaching English. Oh boy. Pay cut and poo poo hours. I'm not moving back to the US.

I am not gonna argue with you, goon, but there are certainly more than 2 jobs and more than 2 options - I promise you

teemolover42069

by Fluffdaddy

Chewbecca posted:

This is extremely hosed, people get sick, public transport is late, its unfair to put the onus on you to control the entire world

they want to make sure they dont have to give unemployment probly

----------------

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Farecoal posted:

i know a guy who got a job with the canadian gummint and his probation period was T H R E E Y E A R S
however that was for a VERY VERY CUSHY hifalutin jorb

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked posted:

i know a guy who got a job with the canadian gummint and his probation period was T H R E E Y E A R S
however that was for a VERY VERY CUSHY hifalutin jorb

Did he pass probation?! :ohdear:

But also lol at spending over 3 years at any workplace anyway

Farecoal

There he go

Chewbecca posted:

I'm going to devil's advocate against myself and say I could get up earlier and take an even earlier bus(es) just to make sure I'm not late but I'm baffled about not being to call off at all

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Chewbecca posted:

Did he pass probation?! :ohdear:

But also lol at spending over 3 years at any workplace anyway

he did but then he was all like "meh i'm not sure i actually want to do this any more anyway"

Ass-penny

Farecoal posted:

I'm going to devil's advocate against myself and say I could get up earlier and take an even earlier bus(es) just to make sure I'm not late but I'm baffled about not being to call off at all

nah, mandatory perfect attendance seems punitive at best to me as well

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
That's pretty common with any temp job I've worked. Still bullshit though.

Chewbecca

When you do get a new job, just don't show up the last week

cos gently caress em, that's why

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked posted:

he did but then he was all like "meh i'm not sure i actually want to do this any more anyway"

I feel like a 3 year probation has a lot of embedded assumptions about how good the job is, and how long people might be willing to stay

Ass-penny

a three year apprenticeship at the dick sucking factory

Chewbecca

I started October of last year and I am just about ready to launch myself into traffic lol (not at the dick sucking factory, it's at one of the poo poo eating affiliates)

teemolover42069

by Fluffdaddy
started at the dicksucking factory, transferred to the rear end eating HQ, now I'm looking to find a cushy position in the holding hands department but you know how that goes. never any job openings, nobody ever lets go

----------------

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

I am not gonna argue with you, goon, but there are certainly more than 2 jobs and more than 2 options - I promise you

Sorry. I wasn't in a great place. The problem with changing jobs is it involves a visa change and that's not very easy.

Escape From Noise

I get the sentiment but a career change outside of private English school or assistant language teacher here is going to be very difficult until I get permanent residency. I'd probably need some kind of accreditation and even then the only reasonably available one involves getting a masters or PhD in order to teach English at the university level. There's not a whole lot available here in the way of adult education, and would require either changing over to a student visa (which would make switching back to a work visa somewhat difficult), or adding a student visa, where maintaining my work visa requires a certain number of minimal hours worked per month in order to maintain. It's not impossible but requires a lot more planning and forethought than it might under more normal circumstances.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Think it’s time to rewrite the CIA sabotage manual as an Agile Best Practices guide and see who notices.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i got a sideways promotion into the hog crankin' dept

Chewbecca

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

Think it’s time to rewrite the CIA sabotage manual as an Agile Best Practices guide and see who notices.

lol

Ass-penny

some things have gone wrong today but I still feel ok. got to waste a lot of time cleaning and then got roped into one long disinteresting conversation and another long, more interesting one, in which I learned that the dishes on submarines tend to be hand washed while dishes on space stations tend to be machine washed. woah :allbuttons:

Chewbecca

I work mostly with 2 other people, both of whom are away today on training. Today is likely to be hugely busy, so I have been awake since 4am stressing about it lmao

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Chewbecca posted:

I work mostly with 2 other people, both of whom are away today on training. Today is likely to be hugely busy, so I have been awake since 4am stressing about it lmao

i get the feeling that your job is costing you massively more than it actually pays.

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked posted:

i get the feeling that your job is costing you massively more than it actually pays.

Yes, yes it is

I contemplate quitting daily

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

Yes, yes it is

I contemplate quitting daily

I usually can sleep past four, but I almost always wake up before my alarm due to stress. I also contemplate quitting daily lol :hfive:

on the plus side the carpenter came up to my area and took a strap clamp whose ratchet parts were warping out of my trash. first he mused that he hadn't realised they could be looped (lol that is the only way I use them up here), then he put it around his neck and compared himself to Flavor Flave and said "he has time, I have tension" and it was probably the second best joke I heard today so thanks dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

rear end-penny posted:

I usually can sleep past four, but I almost always wake up before my alarm due to stress. I also contemplate quitting daily lol :hfive:
samesies yall
additionally i havent had a dream in a long time (:gbsmith:)
and im p sure it's because i just like don't sleep anymore, i can sleep for 5 hours and it feels like nothing happened. maybe it's a lack of rem stage sleep or somethin but phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

on the plus side I've stressed a bunch of unnecessary weight away and look better fr fr

let's all get better jobs or make them or something, gently caress this

had some crazy old man harass us for half an hour and then leave a bunch of weird poo poo on the porch after laying an a-frame sign in front of the office door in order to lock us in I guess???

like, I'll be happy to sign that dude's burial order but also that wasn't even stressful at all compared to the dumbest poo poo at work this week
fuckajob