Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Caidin posted:

Was Dark Deity the first good? i heard really mixed things from friends.

I only saw an LP on the let's play forum but from what I saw? Very no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's a fair number of games on the guerilla collective landing page that did not show up today so I wonder what the deal is:

Tintin Reporter: Cigars of the Pharaoh (Microids/Pendulo)
Closer the Distance
Hyde's Haunt & Seek
In Stars and Time
Wrestle Story
AMID EVIL: The Black Labyrinth (the cruelest omission)
Animal Well
Super Raft Boat Together
Elsie
Asterogues
Let's School (My Time at Portia dev)
XenoTilt
Slave Zero X
Astrea: Six-Sided Oracles
Snacko
Dust Fleet
Loddlenaut
Subterrain
Bulwark: Falconeer Chronicles
Rift of the Necrodancer
Sclash
Blackout Protocol
The Golden Eyed Ghosts
Land Above Sea Below
Tiny Terry's Turbo Trip

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh I would have liked to see more Let's School. I am really hoping that one turns out good, there have been a few school management games but nothing I liked. The demo seem nifty, bit clunky but it still seems somewhat early in development.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
lmao motherfucking Apogee is doing the zeldamaker. what a world

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Impermanent posted:

lmao motherfucking Apogee is doing the zeldamaker. what a world

i nearly did a spittake at seeing a dopefish ref in 2023

i'm legitimately shocked they're still around as a company at all, i assumed they'd just gotten their assets bought out at some point

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Vermain posted:

i nearly did a spittake at seeing a dopefish ref in 2023

i'm legitimately shocked they're still around as a company at all, i assumed they'd just gotten their assets bought out at some point

I almost did a capture for the early fps thread.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waffleman_ posted:

And I complain, but I would actually much rather at least see a new Monster Hunter, 6 or no, than more updates for Rise.

Please Capcom just announce new games.

same

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Surely we're at a point where we can stop talking about the same games" I say as I can completely imagine how they fill 36 minutes with Resident Evil 4, Street Fighter 6, Rise, and Exoprimal, the game nobody wants.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Waffleman_ posted:

"Surely we're at a point where we can stop talking about the same games" I say as I can completely imagine how they fill 36 minutes with Resident Evil 4, Street Fighter 6, Rise, and Exoprimal, the game nobody wants.
Where the hell is Dino Crisis, Capcom?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

The soul of 12 year old me is absolutely gutted how much I do not give a poo poo about Exoprimal

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Apogee at this point is purely a publisher, they're also publishing Turbo Overkill, and have contracted a dev to produce HD versions of their old games before. Quest Maker is by the dev of Victory Heat Rally, another game that isn't out yet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently this morning, MH Rise had a "Final Digital Event" stream, which seems to suggest that Rise is near the end of its support, so a new MH seems likely

Orv
May 4, 2011
Actually they’re moving exclusively to MonHun locals

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

The 7th Guest posted:

there's a fair number of games on the guerilla collective landing page that did not show up today so I wonder what the deal is:

Tintin Reporter: Cigars of the Pharaoh (Microids/Pendulo)
Closer the Distance
Hyde's Haunt & Seek
In Stars and Time
Wrestle Story
AMID EVIL: The Black Labyrinth (the cruelest omission)
Animal Well
Super Raft Boat Together
Elsie
Asterogues
Let's School (My Time at Portia dev)
XenoTilt
Slave Zero X
Astrea: Six-Sided Oracles
Snacko
Dust Fleet
Loddlenaut
Subterrain
Bulwark: Falconeer Chronicles
Rift of the Necrodancer
Sclash
Blackout Protocol
The Golden Eyed Ghosts
Land Above Sea Below
Tiny Terry's Turbo Trip

I think some of those may actually be from previous GC events, but I could be wrong

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Capcom Showcase has become must see for me:

https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1666614462332432385

The three confirmed games at the showcase are Ghost Trick, ExoPrimal and Dragon's Dogma 2. More to be revealed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

I think some of those may actually be from previous GC events, but I could be wrong
i think the deal is that they're at MiX's in person event in LA tomorrow night, so that's why they're on the page. some are definitely new that weren't at last years (i've posted recaps of E3 events in the Steam thread for the last couple of years so I would definitely remember)

I'll list the relevant games from the Dames For Games and Black Voices in Gaming sections that should show up in the event on the 13th: Super Dungeon Maker, The Spirit Lift, Sanya, Homeseek, Hill Agency, This Bed We Made, Star Stuff, Space Boat, Flawless Abbey, Fishbowl, Innchanted, Wrestle Story, CraftCraft, Grimoire Groves, Dead Pets Unleashed, Breeze in the Clouds, Distraction Machines, Treachery in Beatdown City Ultra Remix, Slime Heroes, Hyper Light Breaker, and High Elo Girls

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 8, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Steam has it's Summer Spotlight page up:
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/summer_announcements_2023

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

njsykora posted:

They've done so many bundles of old RE games over the years though, and you can still play all the mainline entries on modern consoles since they all got rereleased for last gen.

I'll be honest, what I'm really getting at is that I want the original games on Steam.

I also think getting them on Switch would be nice for the handheld play, and they've never been on Xbox. Can you play them natively on a PS5? I've not been keeping up with Sony's subscription's but do you need to stream them?

RE is an industry tentpole and, much like MGS, I think it's one of those series that needs to remain as accessible as possible moving forward with as little friction or "which platform can I play this on?" bullshit as we can get. Those original games are legit classics and haven't been diminished by the remakes, and I just think it should be easier to play them today regardless what platform you're on. I think it'd sell, too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bumhead posted:

I'll be honest, what I'm really getting at is that I want the original games on Steam.

I also think getting them on Switch would be nice for the handheld play, and they've never been on Xbox. Can you play them natively on a PS5? I've not been keeping up with Sony's subscription's but do you need to stream them?

With the exception of the original version of RE2 (only the remake is there) every RE game including both the remake of RE1 and the PS1 Directors Cut version are playable on PS5 because they were all on PS4. As a general rule though I don't expect any series being remade as much as Resident Evil to keep the original versions around.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

njsykora posted:

As a general rule though I don't expect any series being remade as much as Resident Evil to keep the original versions around.

That's a shame though and something I hope changes. I like all of the remakes - I think REmake 1 is GOAT tier and even enjoyed REmake 3 more than most seem to - but they're not replacements for the OG trilogy, and they should remain commercially available in more places than they are.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm ready to fest

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

fridge corn posted:

I'm ready to Geoff

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I’m looking forward to a DLC announcement for Hi-Fi Rush, hopefully they do a stealth drop and release it on the same day.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Keigh3

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Summer Games festival is 3pm est right? Gonna have to leave work a bit early and work from home to watch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I believe so yeah, noon PST, 3pm EST, 8pm BST

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

we better see some good poo poo today... or else!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

My question is will more or less than 50% of the show be about live service games?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there's gonna be a persona 3 remake announced but i don't think it's today

today's mostly gonna be a mix of a couple of AAA reveals, indies, and some AA stuff. Geoff doesn't even try to pretend his show is gonna be spectacular, probably because he knows that Gamers will lash out if they get over-HOIIIIPED

all the best stuff in SGF is the indie events. SGF itself and the Xbox event are going to be, flailing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The smoke on the street is that the FF16 demo is dropping today?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The smoke on the street is that the FF16 demo is dropping today?

There's three main dates people have latched onto:

Today, since it's a big event that will be watched by a lot of people and is exactly two weeks away from launch which is when Yoshi-P said would be a good time for the demo to release

The 11th, since that's when SE will be having their own pre-launch celebration stream in Los Angeles

The 12th, since that's when streamers have been asked to do sponsored streams of the demo

So it's possible, but don't get your hopes up too much

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
The demo will launch for exactly one hour, you have that time to download and play it before it disappears forever.

If there aren't enough people to play it, the game gets delayed another three months.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Summer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Cheese

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fest

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:mad:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

GOTTEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Anyway I'm going to be away from the computer around that time to get a bank draft, can someone ask Geoff not to announce anything big until I get back