Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Presto posted:

Watching SNW on YouTube and those crazy bastards actually used the original series fight music. :dance:

it’s really good

it’s almost as good as The Orville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder about klingon OSHA. Klingons don't generally seem cautious, but redundancies are built into them from the ground level. There is no glory to dying in your sleep to a leaky valve.

If the klingons are based on the soviets they have less redundancies than the federation in order to make room for more fightin stuff. Then again most starships seem to be relatively spacious so maybe they’re not making those kind of trade offs.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Happy pride, gaynerds

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Presto posted:

Watching SNW on YouTube and those crazy bastards actually used the original series fight music. :dance:

The phaser rifles are also modernized takes on the original 3-coil phaser rifle from The Cage :allears:.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

McSpanky posted:

Happy pride, gaynerds
The + should be a Horta

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

The + should be a Horta

Or the J'naii.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

McSpanky posted:

Happy pride, gaynerds

They had room for Garak and they put the loving delta instead.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

It's a good meme, you nerds.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

First of May posted:

It's a good meme, you nerds.

Are you implying that including garak would not have improved the meme?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

First of May posted:

It's not a meme, you nerds.

First of May
May 1, 2017

CainFortea posted:

Are you implying that including garak would not have improved the meme?

Old Trek is dead. By including only new characters up until Q, and then ending with the Starfleet emblem the graphic tells the story that modern Trek is queer. While including Garak or ending with a Horta or a Crystalline Entity or a Vorta would be funnier to hardcore Trek nerds, using the delta says that the brand itself is queer. It's just brand pandering, brandering, if you will.

Could have used the Trill that Beverley fell in love with, or the androgenous alien that Riker fell in love with, but the point is that modern Trek is queer.

In this TED talk I will...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

First of May posted:

Old Trek is dead. By including only new characters up until Q, and then ending with the Starfleet emblem the graphic tells the story that modern Trek is queer. While including Garak or ending with a Horta or a Crystalline Entity or a Vorta would be funnier to hardcore Trek nerds, using the delta says that the brand itself is queer. It's just brand pandering, brandering, if you will.

Could have used the Trill that Beverley fell in love with, or the androgenous alien that Riker fell in love with, but the point is that modern Trek is queer.

In this TED talk I will...

That's a lot of words, but not one of them is "no".

:colbert:

First of May
May 1, 2017

CainFortea posted:

That's a lot of words, but not one of them is "no".

:colbert:

I would never deny the raw sexual power of that simple tailor.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Zesty posted:

They had room for Garak and they put the loving delta instead.

I'm gonna need the DS9 version of the "That Damned Smile" stat.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Someone repost Andrew Robinson saying that when he initially met Bashir his motivation was "I wanna gently caress this guy"

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

If Star Trek is the future liberals want, does that mean Lost in Space is the future conservatives are hoping for?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dick Fontaine posted:

If Star Trek is the future liberals want, does that mean Lost in Space is the future conservatives are hoping for?

Veerhoven's Starship Troopers is the future conservatives unironically want.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Veerhoven's Starship Troopers is the future conservatives unironically want.

*looks directly into camera*

I'm doing my FART

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
This curry is without honor

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Hollismason posted:

Someone repost Andrew Robinson saying that when he initially met Bashir his motivation was "I wanna gently caress this guy"

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxn8lGhA9zPa0u-mhYBPJMHapiqYEg63aJ

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
:ohdear: Something's wrong with Garak's brain, I hope he's gonna be ok...

EDIT: He just seizured out and had to be emergency transported to the infirmary :(

EDIT: A brain implant?!

EDIT: Great ending lines
"It's all true"
"Even all the lies?"
"Especially all the lies"

Outpost22 fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 10, 2023

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Outpost22 posted:

:ohdear: Something's wrong with Garak's brain, I hope he's gonna be ok...

EDIT: He just seizured out and had to be emergency transported to the infirmary :(

EDIT: A brain implant?!

Lol you watching on H&I too?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
“Garak as dopehead” is a plot they should have continued. Just have it every few episodes we walk in on Garak toking up on some new space-drug or suffering from horrifying new withdrawal symptoms. Next week on Deep Space Nine: Miles is trapped in ore processing after the crew locks down the station to try and contain Garak, who is so high on Romulan Meth he’s grown a second, acid spewing, head. Can O’Brien and Garak’s non-acid spitting head survive this deadly game of cat and mouse? Find out next time on Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

galagazombie posted:

“Garak as dopehead” is a plot they should have continued. Just have it every few episodes we walk in on Garak toking up on some new space-drug or suffering from horrifying new withdrawal symptoms. Next week on Deep Space Nine: Miles is trapped in ore processing after the crew locks down the station to try and contain Garak, who is so high on Romulan Meth he’s grown a second, acid spewing, head. Can O’Brien and Garak’s non-acid spitting head survive this deadly game of cat and mouse? Find out next time on Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

He was never a dopehead though, he was self-medicating with the pleasure chip just to deal with his lovely situation in life. Can't go home, stuck betraying his people and unable to help them while everything goes to poo poo.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He was never a dopehead though, he was self-medicating with the pleasure chip just to deal with his lovely situation in life. Can't go home, stuck betraying his people and unable to help them while everything goes to poo poo.

Not to turn the conversation all serious and depressing here but, “self medicating to take the pain away (mental or physical)” describes soooooo many addicts. The whole episode is about “drugs” and Garak is OD’ing. The metaphors are thick. They literally talk about him building up tolerance.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

should have had garak get "addicted" to a new "game" that nog's new friend at starfleet academy introduced him to

it's either wesley or not-Tom Paris for royalty reasons

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

galagazombie posted:

Next week on Deep Space Nine: Miles is trapped in ore processing after the crew locks down the station to try and contain Garak, who is so high on Romulan Meth he’s grown a second, acid spewing, head. Can O’Brien and Garak’s non-acid spitting head survive this deadly game of cat and mouse? Find out next time on Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

I mean, there kind of is an episode like this?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Attention Bajoran meth heads!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Garak's addiction was one of thiose "on a very special episode" episodes. Can't be a special episode if Garak gets wrecked every week. Then he's just Otis and Odo is Andy Griffith.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 10, 2023

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I really like The Wire, since it feels like a latter season DS9 episode plopped into season two. For reference, it aired on the same night as TNG’s Emergence.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

So they just turned the gorn into xenomorphs in SNW huh?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

RandolphCarter posted:

So they just turned the gorn into xenomorphs in SNW huh?

yeah, such a shame

they should have kept the og gorns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SK0cUNMnMM

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The House of Quark is hands down the best Klingon episode in the entire series, maybe the entire show

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

First time watching episode 50 "equilibrium", and Sisko telling Dax to stop humming the tune seems out of character, tbh

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
LOL just got to gender swapped Quark.

I love the implication that you are able to go to Bashir, a federation doctor, ask him to trans your gender with presumably no other explanation other than "I want to" and that's no problem at all.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Gotta get that Qussy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

House of Quark should be a full series three camera sitcom of Quark running a hotel on Qonos

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ReelBigLizard posted:

LOL just got to gender swapped Quark.

I love the implication that you are able to go to Bashir, a federation doctor, ask him to trans your gender with presumably no other explanation other than "I want to" and that's no problem at all.

The episode gets a lot of flack but honestly that part is great.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

ChubbyChecker posted:

yeah, such a shame

lol. The bit at the start where Kirk looks at this godzilla motherfucker and then just fuckin tosses his stick away is actually p good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

ChubbyChecker posted:

yeah, such a shame

both worst and the best fight scene ever put to film