Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Is it possible on PS5 to do couch co-op with a spouse, and online co-op at same time with another couple in another house?

Similarly, does anyone know if you need two paid PSN subs/accounts to play couch co-op or can you play two characters from the same PSN account? Can the other person be a guest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Infinitum posted:

Just buy a Playstation, Whoopi.
Was just about to post the link to the video. She sounds sincerely upset that she can’t play Diablo 4 on her Apple.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
dunno how effecient it is for late late game but I'm having more fun with this ign spark sorc build after leveling with arc lash and trying the endgame version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEyHbjStMG8

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does Whoopi use guides? Need to know whether to commit my TNG boxed set to the flames

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Man did not have Whoopi pegged as a Diablo fan lol.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Sister Act is now canonically Diablo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

Zero stutters (beyond lag rubber banding, actual video stutters) on ultra, high res textures with a 2080. Also no texture loading problems. I suspect it's something else.

The issue has been reported a bunch of times so it must be a problem with the game on certain configurations. There’s nothing else I can do on my end besides turn the texture quality down.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 8, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I tried playing this on my 4k tv a couple times with a controller and it ran like rear end every time with huge stutters all over the place. 3080ti/5800x3d, I think I had textures set to ultra then and can probably dial back the AA a bit but I was surprised at how kinda terribly it ran.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whoopi is right lets get Diablo 4 on iOS

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man, necro is actually pretty fun, how is it doing in wt4? im just running minions/DoT corpse explosion/bone spear, probably use reapers for more corpses.

I feel like im going to have to stack a lot of move speed on gear to make it feel smooth though

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

How does group leveling work when players are at different levels? Does one side get penalized more than the other in terms of xp gain?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

If you're chasing an Aspect, it seems like the best thing to do would be:

-Figure out which type of Items it can spawn on eg;

-Gamble the cheapest one of those?

So in that case, gamble Gloves for 40 spacebucks each?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bioshuffle posted:

How does group leveling work when players are at different levels? Does one side get penalized more than the other in terms of xp gain?

Everything scales to your own level so you can group with pretty much anyone at any level and everyone gets an appropriate amount of XP. It works really well for partying up with friends who are all at different stages of the game without having to powerlevel someone up to your level first.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sab669 posted:

My guess is play the game and kill lots of bosses and elites. Your classes legendaries seem to drop a lot. Just IMHO

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

How long til we see wolfephisto convince neyrelle to do some dumb poo poo?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can't believe Blizzard started the wildfires in Canada just to advertise their new game.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Anyways I just cleared a bunch of requests in [LLJK] SA GOON SQUAD. We're at 79/150 (I think people have been leaving for the other apparently very official super serious SA clans) so should be able to take on more.

I can't find anything with that specific name, and just searching "Goon Squad" brings up too many results.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Bioshuffle posted:

The level scaling is tailored to each player uniquely. Frankly they might as well not even show the level of the other players given how useful that information is.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

euphronius posted:

My guess is play the game and kill lots of bosses and elites. Your classes legendaries seem to drop a lot. Just IMHO

I was just gonna chase World Events for the currency, but yea maybe I am better off just farming Dungeons or something.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

explosivo posted:

Everything scales to your own level so you can group with pretty much anyone at any level and everyone gets an appropriate amount of XP. It works really well for partying up with friends who are all at different stages of the game without having to powerlevel someone up to your level first.

The one wrinkle to this is if the character is brand new. I joined a ~lvl 40 friend last night with a lvl 1 druid and I was just getting one shot left and right up until I hit about lvl 13. I think it scaled my stuff ot that, because all the gear that was dropping for me was 13 until I got past that, and all the mobs were lvl 20.

Great xp though, I got to lvl 20 in like an hour.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Whoopi is right lets get Diablo 4 on iOS

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/diablo-immortal/id1492005122

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

I can't find anything with that specific name, and just searching "Goon Squad" brings up too many results.

dunno, can't see the clan search since I'm in one. Can you search by the clan tag, e.g. lljk?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Cyrano4747 posted:

dunno, can't see the clan search since I'm in one. Can you search by the clan tag, e.g. lljk?

Yeah that just brings up a single member clan called [LLJK] LLJK.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah that just brings up a single member clan called [LLJK] LLJK.

Black Griffon posted:

Did you search for "SA Goon Squad" or "Goon Squad"? because the clan is called "SA Goon Squad"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

isk posted:

I think Ultra requires over 12 GB RAM (i.e. RTX 4090) to run consistently well, but that may have changed since the Beta

I will say turning up Sharpness to ~50 significantly improved the visuals for me regardless of what I set Texture Quality to

:thatsrad:

Okay thank you for this. I have a 3070 and was using the ultra textures on 1440p, game is super smooth except for loading new areas, towns, entering a new spot, etc, where it stutters and hitches like all gently caress. Could that be why? I don't have enough vram? Should I turn down the texture quality?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Sab669 posted:

Yes! You can also mildly target farm the chests you open in helltide and the whisper rewards you choose post-campaign

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

explosivo posted:

Did you search for "SA Goon Squad" or "Goon Squad"? because the clan is called "SA Goon Squad"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm level 32 doing a blighted corpse explosion build on necro but my friends all hate it cuz they can't see poo poo lmfao. What's a good build for necro I can do instead?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm level 32 doing a blighted corpse explosion build on necro but my friends all hate it cuz they can't see poo poo lmfao. What's a good build for necro I can do instead?

Blighted corpse explosion and less whiny friends. Oh, I'm sorry, is my consistent high damage getting in the way of your little fireballs?

Alternatively, crit boosted bone spear or going mostly in on summoning both work fine. Can spec out of shadows and switch back to normal corpse explosion.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Just did a Tier19 nightmare dungeon at level 58. What's the sweet spot for XP?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alright I got no idea, just thought I'd check to make sure that you were searching for the right thing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hashy posted:

Just did a Tier19 nightmare dungeon at level 58. What's the sweet spot for XP?

If you can do it, the next capstone and then regular WT4 stuff, but you may want to wait till 60 and grab a weapon upgrade in the capstone, makes things a lot easier. T19 suggests you can probably do it

I did my 55-60 grind just spamming random 10+ nightmare dungeons

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Never mind, I'm just an idiot who was misreading the 84/150 as clan size. It's members online.

We're just full and not showing for that reason lol.

SHould probably still be in the OP with the other goon clans :colbert:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why did they not put chat channels in? All i need is a goon chat channel.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Mailer posted:

"Ranged" aiming is probably one of the lesser issues in Diablo 4, a game where you can barely see ten feet in front of you thanks to patented TurboZoom(tm). My biggest aiming issue is when an enemy is too close, so it decides ice shards need to fire exactly one pixel to the left and miss the entire volley.

This is why sorcs (and necros I hear but cannot confirm) are really in need of a rework. There's a whole lot of normally cool gameplay synergies, even if sorc is just barrier plus vulnerability, that make packs vanish in a red mist in a very satisfying way. At early (like pre-50) levels that sucks, because you don't have the CDR on gear and the aspects to really pull off your combo on every pack so you sit and spin while cooldowns/mana come back. Then everything comes online and it's great... and then you hit the high end where your single-target is total poo poo because all those combos rely on statuses that bosses are all immune to.

Ideally they'd eventually add in more legendaries to bridge the gap and maybe tweak some mechanics. I remember seeing a talent or aspect at some point that worked differently for bosses so it's a thing they already can do. Basically just bump everyone into Rogue territory and we're good until more content gets added that dorks it all up again.

I might be lucky but my single-target is enough to kill the average nightmare dungeon boss in about 10 seconds regardless (+3-5 levels over character).
It's a mixture of MASSIVE close-range-bonus damage, and the fact that with 5 sources of hard CC (4 teleports + frost nova) + random shock stuns, I can usually stagger the boss within that period.

There are exceptions of course like Butcher who is a huge rear end in a top hat with a stun bar that is impossible to fill reasonably - but he becomes a matter of kiting and running circles around him.
If Arc Lash gets nerfed (and I'm afraid it will) things are going to suck a whole lot more. Arc Lash is INSANE right now.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Everyone hyped up the act VI pre-rendered cinematic. Does it play at the beginning or end? Cuz I'm well into the act and it looks like it already happened. If I somehow skipped it I'll just watch it on youtube or something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Man did not have Whoopi pegged as a Diablo fan lol.

Right? That was hilarious to me but really awesome. I don't get why she doesn't just get a gaming PC though. The cost of a high end one is zero issue to her.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Right? That was hilarious to me but really awesome. I don't get why she doesn't just get a gaming PC though. The cost of a high end one is zero issue to her.

She's not like super old, but the old people I know tend to be pretty grumpy every time they have to get a new device that doesn't operate exactly like their old device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sourdough Sam posted:

Everyone hyped up the act VI pre-rendered cinematic. Does it play at the beginning or end? Cuz I'm well into the act and it looks like it already happened. If I somehow skipped it I'll just watch it on youtube or something.

You didn't miss it, its like 5 minutes long

e: 8 minutes