Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

chonk update

He chonkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Glamour shots post work

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I love torties! :powercatte:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
We went to a restaurant for my mom's birthday with a party of 8 people and snagged the last big table outside on the patio, otherwise they said it'd be a 2 hour wait inside! Because apparently everyone in town is here to watch the Nuggets game but luckily no one in my family cares about sportsball

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

DorkusMalorkus posted:

the Nuggets game

is.. is Grimace the head coach

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Hell yeah, happy hour on the company dime!

Uh-oh, my mentee has a crush on me.

The ups and downs of drinking with coworkers.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

is.. is Grimace the head coach

That would probably make basketball a tiny bit more interesting but alas, no

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
It's some boring human

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
....I assume

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
butt

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
don't hug me i'm scared season 2 sneak peak???

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
My stomach is bugging me this morning and I’m not sure how much of it is physical based on what/when I ate yesterday and how much is mental stuff and so I don’t want to be at work (More than normal) but I am anyway :negative:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

fartknocker posted:

My stomach is bugging me this morning and I’m not sure how much of it is physical based on what/when I ate yesterday and how much is mental stuff and so I don’t want to be at work (More than normal) but I am anyway :negative:

That kind of stress and worry can absolutely manifest as stomach issues (I once missed an army exercise that way), yeah.

Incidentally I'm at a perfectly pleasant conference, and I was awake with stomach cramps all night. Probably something I ate? Either way it's hard to sit still and watch presentations without nodding off, and there's not enough people here to disappear in the crowd.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Reading backwards it also sounds like your work is going through some bullshit, so no wonder you're feeling apprehensive. Are you thinking about leaving?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
be sure you are consistently pooping at least every one or two days!!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Computer viking posted:

Reading backwards it also sounds like your work is going through some bullshit, so no wonder you're feeling apprehensive. Are you thinking about leaving?

Everyone in America is always thinking about leaving their job--even executives and people with 'fun' jobs like professional entertainers. As a culture we have an emotionally unhealthy relationship with working, and consider our professions to be a key component of our identity and social status. Often its the case that by the time you achieve enough financial security to divorce yourself from this outlook, you're too habituated to do so.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Getting paid to take a poo poo right now :hai:

Computer viking posted:

I have for a while, however, I’m not likely to act on it barring something extreme happening. The short as I can make it version is this:

I actually almost, kinda-sorta like the company, as much as anyone really can. Within our specialized industry, we are literally the biggest in the world at what we do, way larger than anyone else, and still growing, so there’s good prospects for the future. It’s also by far the best paying job I’ve had, I’ve gotten decent raises over the last two years (Although I’m still almost certainly underpaid). Office environment is generally pretty good, and I absolutely love a bunch of my coworkers, I’ve got 7-8 great friends here. Also, it’s only like 7~ minutes from where I live, so I can drive home for lunch every day, and I’ll probably never find anything with a shorter commute.

The problems are we’ve grown so fast over the last two years, acquiring a bunch of smaller manufacturers and companies to expand ourselves, that our department hasn’t really grown sufficiently with it… But management disagrees with that. Our current supervisor and immediate superior started back in November and has not gelled with our group at all, none of us like her, but the higher ups don’t seem to care. She’s fired three people in that span, and while we kinda understand why they all were let go, and two of them really were deserving to be fired, the manner in which she’s done all three (Semi-publicly, without having replacements lined up or already coming in) pissed off our entire department (We currently have 14 people, I think we’re officially supposed to have 16, we need more like 20).

All that said, I cannot understate how much I utterly and completely loathe the job searching/interviewing process. It saps my soul and is so often a waste of time. This job kinda feel into my lap by a very good accident of timing, but my previous job took 14 months, dozens of interviews, and hundreds of applications for me to land, and I only stayed there two years (And half of the reason I stayed there as long as I did was it was a stable job during the first year of COVID). Just the idea of starting that process again makes me shiver. I know I have a much stronger resume now than I did then which would help, but I’m not sure I can truly find something qualitatively better in most respects. Oh, and all the other poo poo that comes with changing a job, such as changing insurance providers (Never knowing if my doctors take the new one) and 401K and all that other ancillary stuff.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Everyone in America is always thinking about leaving their job--even executives and people with 'fun' jobs like professional entertainers. As a culture we have an emotionally unhealthy relationship with working, and consider our professions to be a key component of our identity and social status. Often its the case that by the time you achieve enough financial security to divorce yourself from this outlook, you're too habituated to do so.

See, this is one thing where I’m someway abnormal. I’ve never in my life identified with my job as part of my identity in a serious way. My job is just the poo poo I do so I can fund my silly hobbies and likes and whatnot that actually defines me and live my life in a somewhat reasonable way. I felt the same way about school all the way back to a very young age (Like 2nd grade at the latest).

Financial considerations are obviously a major part of it. South Florida is getting stupid expensive and while I got a good bit in my savings, I wouldn’t want to be unemployed for any significant length of time and I couldn’t take a major pay cut without being in serious trouble. I worked retail long enough to know that the wages most people get paid down here are 100% not livable.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

in case you're having a bad day

https://i.imgur.com/zgzVBjF.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/LzwF91Z.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/AJeywZO.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/t8fsFCI.mp4

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

don't doxx me ruby :(

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

it's me i'm the echidna running away

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Booty Pageant posted:

it's me i'm the echidna running away

Knuckles is that you?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Knuckles is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuaddpQA6Sw

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
New Bangladeshi cafe just opened in town and its my new favourite spot. I needed to help my friend work through his business risk assessment so we did it over delicious curry.

Wife wasn't feeling so good and had gone home early so I came home early and we had a nice long snoozy cuddle together with the cats.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Was feeling tubby today so I had a carls jr big country burrito and boy do i feel like gravy

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Beer Gay So What posted:

Was feeling tubby today so I had a carls jr big country burrito and boy do i feel like gravy

that sounds really good but im trying not to spend money Beer Gay!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I would like to have a big juicy cheeseburger but probably just gonna have a sandwich or leftovers

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Beer Gay So What posted:

🎶 In a big country
Burritos stay with you
Like a lovers voice
Cross the gravy side
Stay alive 🎵

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

🎶 In a big country
Burritos stay with you
Like a lovers voice
Cross the gravy side
Stay alive 🎵

:lmao:

it always bugged me they were called big country and used that in that song

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Still a loving great song. I've never done karaoke but that's probably in the top things I'd hope would be on the list, given my tastes are generally not karaoke friendly

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I thought that chips and guac were things that really mattered
But you can't leave here until you've tried the asaaadaaa

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
updated this thread title because i'm freakin TIRED of the freakin CANADIANS exporting their BURNING TREE PARTICULATE to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

This took way too long for me to find but I'm very excited I did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX2J6mceWic

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

bagmonkey posted:

that sounds really good but im trying not to spend money Beer Gay!!!

in that case try shopligting a bunch of gravy packets and filling your tub with them and then submerse yourself and become the gravy sir

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

have an AI assisted shitpost

Bane: Ah, Batman, you think gravy is your ally? You merely adopted the gravy. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't taste the light until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but bland!

Batman: What do you mean, Bane? How can one be born in gravy?

Bane: Ah, you see, Batman, while you were feasting on the flavorsome delicacies of the world, I was immersed in the depths of a tasteless existence. My earliest memories were of the monotonous gravy, devoid of any seasoning or zest. It became my constant companion, lurking in the shadows of my meals, weighing down every bite with its insipid presence.

Batman: But why would you embrace such a dreary culinary experience?

Bane: Because, Batman, the absence of flavor sharpened my palate. I learned to savor even the slightest hint of seasoning, relishing every morsel that dared to escape the clutches of the gravy's mediocrity. While others indulged in gastronomic luxuries, I became a master of extracting joy from the simplest of tastes.

Batman: So, you see gravy as a symbol of your resilience?

Bane: Indeed, Batman. Gravy taught me discipline and perseverance. It conditioned me to find strength in adversity, to appreciate the subtle nuances that lie within the realm of flavor. I am the connoisseur of culinary darkness, and it has made me stronger than you could ever imagine.

Batman: Your obsession with gravy may have made you formidable, Bane, but it has also clouded your judgment. There is a world of taste beyond the confines of the monotonous sauce. I will show you the true essence of culinary delight.

Bane: You underestimate the power of gravy, Batman. It may be humble, but it possesses a certain purity. In a world filled with overwhelming spices and extravagant dishes, gravy remains a constant, an anchor of simplicity. It is the embodiment of resilience and resourcefulness, and I will not relinquish its hold on me.

Batman: We may disagree on the merits of gravy, Bane, but I will not let your devotion to its blandness prevail. I will bring forth a symphony of flavors that will awaken your taste buds and open your mind to a world beyond the darkness you embrace.

Bane: Then let our culinary battle commence, Batman. But remember, even in the brightest of flavors, there is a trace of darkness, and I shall find it.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

ChatGPT is kind of harsh on the gravy huh

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
hmmm

if you fill put an inflatable pool on your front porch and fill it with broth, is that still porch broth

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey posted:

updated this thread title because i'm freakin TIRED of the freakin CANADIANS exporting their BURNING TREE PARTICULATE to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Canadian friends but we have to

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

chonk update: currently making biscuits and licking my arm gently but furiously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

:cry:

https://i.imgur.com/ASbxOAH.mp4