Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

its pretty clearly a joke post about how classical virtues aren't what the nazis think they are imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Stereotype posted:

it’s honestly even better now that the deranged people are paying money to post poo poo like that

I thought it was a joke post but looking at their feed they seem genuinely insane

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

its pretty clearly a joke post about how classical virtues aren't what the nazis think they are imo

Considering the rest of their posts are this:

https://twitter.com/The_Hellenist/status/1666248609007009792?s=20

They are actually just an insane Nazi, OP

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Elman posted:

I thought it was a joke post but looking at their feed they seem genuinely insane

Seemingly Mentally Ill Internet Commenter Presumably Functions In Outside World

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

i have met a ton of white people and i dont think this is true

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

well poo poo lol

in my defence his politics seem pretty ambiguous, hard to get a handle on what he truly thinks

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jesus Christ the comments on that tweet are a cesspool. Thank you Elon

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

tenderjerk posted:

i have met a ton of white people and i dont think this is true

wow you mean that graph isn’t accurate?? like it’s just made up?????

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
imagine looking at a plot of a half dozen identical perfect Gaussian curves and thinking “this is real, someone measured this”

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Far-right accounts are really block happy so it's weird if he's doing that to protect them. But he is a very dumb guy.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao the Racial IQ Graph, groundbreaking poo poo

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Sir Tonk posted:

lol @ not kissing before getting married

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had their first kiss on their wedding day…

I met them a few years later. They come across as a normal couple.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Groovelord Neato posted:

Far-right accounts are really block happy so it's weird if he's doing that to protect them. But he is a very dumb guy.

Honestly I don't see it. They love triggering the libs, and they think blocking someone is admitting they beat you in facts and logic. The people s with extensive block lists tend to be leftist accounts. Very few far right accounts have blocked me in spite of all the shitposting I've done. At worst you'll get TERFs trying to brigade you with reports.

For instance, take this post and look at the replies. Plenty of people mocking this person in the thread in some witty ways, but they didn't get blocked. You'd think their responses, particularly the :nsfw: images, would warrant getting blocked by a TradNazi but nope, they remain in spite of their defiance to his opinions.
https://twitter.com/Culture_Crit/status/1613652392909897730?t=hOP3_ow75cxhd4YY_kjYfQ&s=19

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the twitter files man got really mad that the twitter man wouldn’t show his friend’s hate movie

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

the twitter files man got really mad that the twitter man wouldn’t show his friend’s hate movie

he thought the movie was really funny is why he got mad

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Old James posted:

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had their first kiss on their wedding day…

I met them a few years later. They come across as a normal couple.

lmao people who wouldn't buy a car without test driving it first will get married and hope for the best when it comes to being physically compatible

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666498723629654035?t=-msyHnrbOcc6Sci4hlSAPg&s=19

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

he thought the movie was really funny is why he got mad

it really sounds like a laugh a minute

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Panfilo posted:

Honestly I don't see it. They love triggering the libs, and they think blocking someone is admitting they beat you in facts and logic. The people s with extensive block lists tend to be leftist accounts. Very few far right accounts have blocked me in spite of all the shitposting I've done.

I guess I have a knack for upsetting them because I have hundreds of accounts blocking me and it's all those guys. All the race-IQ accounts he loves replying to have me blocked.

poo poo I got the Babylon Bee to block me.

Groovelord Neato has issued a correction as of 15:11 on Jun 8, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That is concerning

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The author of that article is in a Russian prison cell so Elon's either citing a dated article or WSJ is ghost publishing some work

E: nvm that's a different chryon from the published story. Mr. Tweets wins yet again

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

so is this account sincere or not? Sometimes the levels of irony get stacked pretty high.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Brrrmph posted:

so is this account sincere or not? Sometimes the levels of irony get stacked pretty high.
It's Schrodinger racism: it's only non racism if you don't read the twit.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Brrrmph posted:

the rest of that account gets pretty racist, but i think its reductio ad absurdum to mock Retvrn types. its not very funny though and should just stop

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I guess I have a knack for upsetting them because I have hundreds of accounts blocking me and it's all those guys. All the race-IQ accounts he loves replying to have me blocked.

poo poo I got the Babylon Bee to block me.

A rare miss for the bee

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Lowly trolls won't block someone because they're both desperately lonely and hateful, and hostile interactions are the only kind they're comfortable with.

Culture warriors won't block because it diminishes their engagement and that's all that matters to them. Making an offensive or controversial tweet harvests engagement. Making an embarrassing or stupid tweet harvests greater engagement from people who think they're scoring points by dunking on them, but don't realize they're playing different games. They purposely go out of their way to say something insane or ridiculous when things are starting to slow because it gets shared, commented on, maybe even be referenced in articles to support a headline, which hopefully drives readers to their other content. I think it also confuses libs who think they're in on some joke, or maybe the other racist tweets are some kind of joke they don't get.

This is why someone like Ali Alexander will pepper in a claim that he can time travel and then go back to talking about the elections all being stolen. He put that bit in the closet and it will come out again, or something similar, when he feels he's not getting enough attention. The Hellenist is the one who legitimately posted that having a small penis shows you're intelligent and have divine ancestry. Look at the engagement he gets on the football tweet versus the race science graphs. It's all in the game.

For the right wing to block, you usually have to be someone running a grift that requires isolating your audience, or some rube propped up by money that doesn't know what they're doing (Dave Rubin).

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Dr. VooDoo posted:

twitter sure is something

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Every so often I read a post that reminds me so many people behind avatars are complete loser teenagers or tweens with zero life experience, this is one of them

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
I think the funniest part of Elon's free speech thing is him openly censoring twitter on behalf of the Turkish government because it's "legal"

like if Nazi Germany existed today he'd censor twitter on behalf of their government because hey it complies with the laws of Nazi Germany

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

All these check out

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/8bit_Snazzy/status/1666823452316016645

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brrrmph posted:

It's meta-ironic (it's sincere but can be easily defended as parody).

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Typo posted:

like if Nazi Germany existed today he'd censor twitter on behalf of their government because hey it complies with the laws of Nazi Germany

Bad example. He'd do it because he thinks they had a point.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Cookie Cutter posted:

Every so often I read a post that reminds me so many people behind avatars are complete loser teenagers or tweens with zero life experience, this is one of them

You think that's the case for this fella?
https://twitter.com/TheRabbitHole84/status/1666595669614944256?t=vxB_FnrNDGVXmDKCvlcb0A&s=19

https://twitter.com/TheRabbitHole84/status/1665447432698859521?t=ynUCGIQt6rzQE163FuXx9A&s=19

https://twitter.com/TheRabbitHole84/status/1665410996653940736?t=qgmeVfJm3jJNQfU4EkNyfQ&s=19

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

bro he has a blue check how many more clues do you need

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Woah, there are racists on twitter? Thanks for raising awareness thread!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Panfilo posted:

You think that's the case for this fella?

idk, maybe? lol they have all the hallmarks of a loving loser

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Goa Tse-tung posted:

"after the removal of blocking it makes no sense to go private in a public space, Twitter will work on a way so you can still see all posts"

Duh, he wants to force everyone to view and interact with far right content

It’s really amazing how any advertisers/reputable brands remain as twitter is quickly becoming gettr/parler/truth etc

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Removing blocking and pretty much reducing moderation to 'listening to the whinging of his favorite accounts'. I see a good future for Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone is Lowkey waiting for blue sky until that one gets worse