Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

All I remember about that show is the lad who was the centre of the second series ended up killing himself in his 20s :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Failed Imagineer posted:

A lot of people around my age might have first come across KISS via Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey with their (cover) of "God Gave Rock N Roll To You".

They have like 4 really fun songs and the rest is just brutally poo poo

Detroit Rock City, Rock & Roll All Night, Strutter (I remember it from GTA San Andreas & was surprised it was a Kiss song coz it was quite decent but also I haven't heard it in over a decade so I could be wrong)

But yeah, when you think of all these big '70s stadium rock bands, Kiss are down near the bottom of the list for me. Although I am much more passionately anti-Fleetwood Mac & Eagles & the whole AOR/boomer soft-rock thing. (Specifically their mid-to-late-70s stuff, Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green are fine & Desperado is a good country rock record in the Gram Parsons vein)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Woking has the tallest building between London and New York City. Or it could be Basingstoke. I always get them mixed up.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

A lot of people around my age might have first come across KISS via Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey with their (cover) of "God Gave Rock N Roll To You".

I legit cried during that in the cinema, thinking it was the greatest thing my 13 yo mind ever seen.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

All I remember about that show is the lad who was the centre of the second series ended up killing himself in his 20s :smith:

The wee man? Aw gently caress sake, I liked him.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

I legit cried during that in the cinema, thinking it was the greatest thing my 13 yo mind ever seen.

Lol, that rocks

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/g_gosden/status/1666801011548393474?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Could be called? Seeing as they fraudulently ran off with a bunch of public money intended to help save lives during a pandemic, it seems like yeah, they need to be called to the inquiry.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Expect those in power are figuring out just how much fat they need to trim to appease the masses. Mone doing a couple of years in jail for fraud will appease I'm sure.

Same with the Prince Harry phone hacking thing. Note there's a lot of attention on Piers Morgan.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Perhaps they should call Al Murray’s Pub Landlord too, just to lighten the tone

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
People, this is the UK we are talking about.
You don't call actual criminals to inquiries, imagine the thought!

You follow the well perfected tradition of waiting until everyone is either dead or not in office, give it to a judge that won't rock the boat, spend tens of millions on it,
and end up with a general 'there were faults but its too long ago to do anything but lessons will be learnt' result.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
What the fk is a "death spaniel"?

https://twitter.com/RenZelen/status/1666839471218737152?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If they die before prosecution we have solutions for that too.

I heard la bamba was going to have death spaniels to run the hospitals

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1666834159392751618

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

If they die before prosecution we have solutions for that too.

This is fantastic

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really hope they kept one of the prints to put up on halloween.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Kiss made Destroyer which is a seriously good album. Of course if only happened because Simmons thought releasing a critically acclaimed album just as they were getting famous would make their career, so they brought in Bob Ezrin to produce and gave him a lot of control over the song writing in order to make something that was actually good. The result was a really loving solid album from start to finish that's leagues better than anything else they ever did, with one exception:

In the late seventies to make more moolah the four members released solo albums that were also Kiss albums at the same time. Guitarist Ace Frehley wanted to prove himself and he did so by making an album that kicked the stuffing out of his band mate's efforts.

So the Kiss discography is a sea of crap with two giant loving diamonds in it that show how good they could be when they were actually trying.

Also Paul Stanley is a great singer be honest, how many of you Simmons was the singer, and y'all probably know I Was Made for Loving You without knowing it's by Kiss.

Sorry I'll stop now.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

i have this to say to the "tenants" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcFXoxnVrC8

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

OwlFancier posted:

Is that... eamonn holmes???

he's always been a massive shithead, op

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The old union posters with the big fist coming out of the crowd but it's rats making a giant rat to fight the landlord.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I want a Death Spaniel.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I'll settle for a Dean Spanley

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Obamnacare's Death Spaniels

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1666898848944381972

sigh

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
police should stop killing children imo

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The Perfect Element posted:

police should stop killing

The Perfect Element posted:

police should stop

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ahahahaha

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1666898977214586884

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
(discretely pushes the Border Poll button)

(somewhere in rural Ulster, in a long abandoned station armed with bomb-proof walls and machine gun embrasures, a machine marked Taig Tracker slowly blinks to life)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I mean, if there were Remainers in their midst the rest of the audience would just close ranks against them and it becomes another Stay/Leave debate. If deprived of an enemy there might be some introspection or voice given to doubt?

lol no

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nilbop posted:

(discretely pushes the Border Poll button)

(somewhere in rural Ulster, in a long abandoned station armed with bomb-proof walls and machine gun embrasures, a machine marked Taig Tracker slowly blinks to life)

N.I. solves it's energy woes by hooking up Rev Paisleys spinning corpse to a dynamo. :grin:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

To be honest that's much more interesting than another remainer vs leaver debate.

Leavers fascinate me and actually makes me intrigued to watch this. It's like a very pink nature program

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Typical Question Time audience member, pictured hearing the news of a small boat capsizing in the Channel

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
"So were you racist, stupid, or both?"
For the entire show.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1667073997131923459

lol and lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

rip mad nads

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ban this anti-semite :catstare:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
AI Summit is going to be a bunch of people wanking about "how dangerous and disruptive" AI is totally going to be, and not one person from any group related to actual harms of algorithmic policing or machine bias.
https://twitter.com/rachelcoldicutt/status/1666780317095477252

And the Most Normal Ex-Gay is having a very normal day.
https://twitter.com/ICanSeeForever1/status/1666926367881961474

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

God, hating trans people so much you go celibate, that's grim

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

gov posted:

This is thanks, in part, to the strength of our universities and research institutions – between us, our countries are home to 7 of the world’s top 10 research universities.

Not for long, if its illegal to come with a family to study or your teachers can't afford to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

God, hating trans people so much you go celibate, that's grim
The kind of 'celibate' where you're on the DL on Grindr all the time.

Which going by the recent SBC abuse trials is far from the worst way for Baptists to pretend to be celibate, but it still makes him a hypocrite given his vocal pretending to be an 'ex-gay'.