Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wife started out okay with the needle (not great but she could deal with it) and progressed to very much not ok, where shot day involved two solid hours of psyching herself up and then another 30 minutes of crying and aftercare. apparently HRT makes you more sensitive to specifically sharp point pain too so that's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

goblin week posted:

also god i wish my tits were bigger or at least like. more proportional.
this is driving me absolutely bonkers personally. i've been hemming & hawing for weeks over whether now's the time to do the surgery or if i should (try to) be patient a while longer

i really really want to schedule but i only ("only") started hrt just shy of 18 months ago so i know the ladies could continue developing. but ffs they don't even fill an A-cup and i'm nearly six feet tall with broad shoulders so it's real high on the dysphoria list. even got the OK from the surgeon and my endocrinologist. and really, if i only consider how long I wait & not things like surgical complications etc... what's really the worst that could happen, aesthetically? but oh boy is that ever a trap of a question...

pls advise before i throw up from spinning in circles lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

buy the cyborg tiddy, ciaphas

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shame Boy posted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i read "cyborg titty", thought "laser nipples", and my brain immediately bluescreened

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

anyway i gotta think some more & talk with my therapist about it but i think i will go for it, in the end, and deal with the consequences if / when they happen

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ciaphas posted:

anyway i gotta think some more & talk with my therapist about it but i think i will go for it, in the end, and deal with the consequences if / when they happen

congrats you've unlocked Story Time With Quigs

in summer 2019 i made a call to a well-known and well-respected bottom surgeon to schedule a consultation. i got the consultation scheduled, but the earliest they were available was november 2021, more than two years later. naturally i found this... distressing.

i did some more research and found that there is a surgeon in my city who does vaginoplasty, but he's not as well-known and hasn't been doing it as long. i hemmed and hawed about this until one day when i was bitching at a good friend of mine (also a trans woman, had already had surgery a few years prior). my biggest fear, i said, was having a botched surgery. the better-known surgeon uses more advanced techniques and i was more comfortable with that. said friend responded with a question that has stuck with me which was "how is your current junk not already a botched vagina". i had really bad bottom dysphoria and she knew it, and that was the kick in the pants i needed to schedule a consultation with the more local guy. we're just shy of three years on from that surgery date and i've been v v v happy.

the moral of the story is that you need to do the things that alleviate your distress. if your distress is bad enough that you want the titty surgery, you should get the titty surgery. would you rather deal with potential consequences of titty surgery or would you rather continue having small tits that are clearly making you unhappy?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i have had bottom and top surgery. i can safely say that top surgery is a walk in the park in contrast to bottom. i have had no regrets

i'm likely going to pony up for ffs in the next year

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

A Secret 3rd Thing posted:

Seriously answer this question pls

Also it's not a big deal? Seriously you just moisten it a little and it goes right up there

I get my script filled in 100mg so that I can hormonally spitroast myself

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/104/4/1181/5270376

thanks for the article! i was on sublingual prog for a year but i never really got any changes... but then again it was like, eighth year into hrt so maybe the ship has sailed lol.

the poop thing wasn't serious but for a period in my life i was on a low-residue diet for GI issue reasons and i pooped like once per ten days. it was a funky time

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

goblin week posted:

i pooped like once per ten days. it was a funky time

that sounds fantastic actually

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Shame Boy posted:

my wife's doctor insists it does absolutely nothing useful but lately she went and got some anyway and rubs the cream stuff on her tiddy and it's made them grow some more and they're way more sensitive so i think it's doing something :shrug:
Well a lot of doctors don't know squat. In terms of bigger tids ymmv but in terms of other health benefits it definitely does useful stuff

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

also if you’re on the fence for surgery you may as well get scheduled for a consult now and cancel it if you change your mind. I scheduled an FFS consult in April and it’s not until September, I scheduled a top surgery consult in March and it’s also in March! of next year.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

quiggy posted:

congrats you've unlocked Story Time With Quigs

in summer 2019 i made a call to a well-known and well-respected bottom surgeon to schedule a consultation. i got the consultation scheduled, but the earliest they were available was november 2021, more than two years later. naturally i found this... distressing.

i did some more research and found that there is a surgeon in my city who does vaginoplasty, but he's not as well-known and hasn't been doing it as long. i hemmed and hawed about this until one day when i was bitching at a good friend of mine (also a trans woman, had already had surgery a few years prior). my biggest fear, i said, was having a botched surgery. the better-known surgeon uses more advanced techniques and i was more comfortable with that. said friend responded with a question that has stuck with me which was "how is your current junk not already a botched vagina". i had really bad bottom dysphoria and she knew it, and that was the kick in the pants i needed to schedule a consultation with the more local guy. we're just shy of three years on from that surgery date and i've been v v v happy.

the moral of the story is that you need to do the things that alleviate your distress. if your distress is bad enough that you want the titty surgery, you should get the titty surgery. would you rather deal with potential consequences of titty surgery or would you rather continue having small tits that are clearly making you unhappy?
well that question's gonna stick with me now too, that's for sure :v:

seriously tho, thanks for sharing this. it really put it all into perspective for me. i'm gonna call the surgery center back tomorrow and get put on the schedule. last month when i had the consult they were scheduling into this month, so if that pattern holds i could very well be out of the OR and on my way home plus-assets before August :getin:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 8, 2023

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009
i will contribute to needlechat by saying that I’ve been type 1 diabetic for 30+ years, and after being on an insulin pump for the last 15, i can say that I have started to develop a squick factor towards needles again. blood draws are still fine, but i can’t watch it happening anymore.

my friend does bi-weekly injections of T. after watching him do that once, my toes were curling. y’all are much bigger than I am in that regard

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
I can't say I recommend my method of getting over a needle phobia but it works 🤷🏻‍♀️

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

whenever i have to get blood drawn or a shot i stare unblinking at the needle to intimidate it (and the nurse)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol for immigration purposes i had to have a good bit of blood drawn for a few tests and while it didn’t bother me much it was pretty just straight up weird to see them filling up multiple tubes in a row.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mediaphage posted:

lol for immigration purposes i had to have a good bit of blood drawn for a few tests and while it didn’t bother me much it was pretty just straight up weird to see them filling up multiple tubes in a row.

they always take several tubes of blood when i get like, my cholesterol and liver function and stuff tested by my doctor every year or so, i didn't think it was all that unusual :shrug:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I did my shot tonight.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
I missed my shot on Monday due to Plague Bullshit in the household but i'm going to do it tonight

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

they always take several tubes of blood when i get like, my cholesterol and liver function and stuff tested by my doctor every year or so, i didn't think it was all that unusual :shrug:

i don’t think it’s unusual broadly speaking just weird in my personal experience

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/beccadax/status/1666178045655552001?s=46&t=8g1SJ87BoVmp86tfUCXz2A

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

her twitter profile posted:

Possibly the only poly trans lesbian compiler engineer who’s never worked on Rust.
lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lmao missed that

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Shame Boy posted:

i think you just get off on stabbing people more than you fear the needle

ssshhhhhh don't tell them that

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

A Secret 3rd Thing posted:

I can't say I recommend my method of getting over a needle phobia but it works 🤷🏻‍♀️

yeah my years of IV drug use turned a needle phobia into a fetish. which remains even still, tho those years are behind me. I’d def switch to injections if I didn’t have to pay out of pocket for it, micronized p costs enough already

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

expo said smth about potassium and bananas being a no go for spiro users but this isn’t strictly true. spiro affects transfemmes very differently and the only way you can tell if it’s gonna be a problem (aside from side effects) is doing your blood work. potassium is in so many things to a similar degree as bananas, like avocados and potatos &c that all this is going to do is make you feel worried about everything for no good reason

the only thing I’d make sure to avoid for sure tho is ‘low sodium soy sauce’ as it’s a huge amount of two different kinds of potassium and can be dangerous

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i have never met a transperson on spiro who did not have trouble with their potassium levels so while i'm sure some people are fine it's prolly a generally good idea to assume you gotta watch out for it until you have a trend line going with bloodwork

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

OldAlias posted:

expo said smth about potassium and bananas being a no go for spiro users but this isn’t strictly true. spiro affects transfemmes very differently and the only way you can tell if it’s gonna be a problem (aside from side effects) is doing your blood work. potassium is in so many things to a similar degree as bananas, like avocados and potatos &c that all this is going to do is make you feel worried about everything for no good reason

the only thing I’d make sure to avoid for sure tho is ‘low sodium soy sauce’ as it’s a huge amount of two different kinds of potassium and can be dangerous

This is why I'm not a doctor, folks. Do your reading and get your goddamn bloodwork done

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i mean the most important thing with spiro is make sure you're getting regular bloodwork done and listening to whatever your doctors tell you

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

quiggy posted:

i mean the most important thing with spiro is make sure you're getting regular bloodwork done and listening to whatever your doctors tell you

That and breakcore. Sewersvlt is essential listening for the 2020's trans experience.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

e: oopsie

hbag fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 8, 2023

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

hbag posted:

isnt sewerslvt a pedophile that mutilates cats

wait what fr?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

nvm it appears i was wrong about that and just got it in my head from reading some poo poo online
she has said some racist poo poo in the past though (that shes now apologised for) plus getting the name "sewerslvt" from junko furuta kinda rubs me the wrong way

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

hbag posted:

nvm it appears i was wrong about that and just got it in my head from reading some poo poo online
she has said some racist poo poo in the past though (that shes now apologised for) plus getting the name "sewerslvt" from junko furuta kinda rubs me the wrong way

gurocore is all about chasing that feeling of "the rub" and finding what else that's unrelated also makes you feel that way

like a lot of art, its all about chasing the sensation of catharsis while forgoing the act of catharsis to level up your ability to understand what you're actually feeling so you can eventually deal with your inner bullshit and have an outlet until you finally do

unfortunately that means its also kinda disturbing sometimes or horrifying but that's kind of the point

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i listen to dad music for dads

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Expo70 posted:

gurocore is all about chasing that feeling of "the rub" and finding what else that's unrelated also makes you feel that way

like a lot of art, its all about chasing the sensation of catharsis while forgoing the act of catharsis to level up your ability to understand what you're actually feeling so you can eventually deal with your inner bullshit and have an outlet until you finally do

unfortunately that means its also kinda disturbing sometimes or horrifying but that's kind of the point

yeeeeah but using someone who was raped, tortured and buried in a barrel of cement to base your moniker off is pretty hosed up

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

hbag posted:

yeeeeah but using someone who was raped, tortured and buried in a barrel of cement to base your moniker off is pretty hosed up

hosed up is a feeling. gotta explore all the feelings i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i already caught that pokemon a long time ago thanks