Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

bobjr posted:

I remember one abstinence group in school telling us sex was too painful to have, which probably hosed up at least one kid

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ugh I vaguely remember taking that ASVAB too back in high school. Don't remember much about it other than I thought it was a practice SAT and got a 90-something, then the Army recruiter guy wouldn't leave me alone. I now figure if I took him seriously I could have been a fresh 2LT just in time for Fallujah. Yikes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bobjr posted:

I remember one abstinence group in school telling us sex was too painful to have, which probably hosed up at least one kid

Our catholic school sex ed was a married priest who’d converted from Lutheranism (one weird trick) was hysterical.

They split the 5th grade girls and boys into different rooms. The priest came in, rattled on about a bunch of unrelated stuff and some bible verses. Then in the last minute, he closed his eyes, looked at the ceiling, and yelled “it is a sin to play with yourself” and walked out.

No idea what the girls went through. All the boys got a speed stick and the girls got tampons.

I had no idea what the priest was talking about at that time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah they split us up too. The boys found out about wet dreams and were fine. The girls found out about menstruation in their meeting and came back to the class looking positively rattled

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

FizFashizzle posted:

Our catholic school sex ed was a married priest who’d converted from Lutheranism (one weird trick) was hysterical.

They split the 5th grade girls and boys into different rooms. The priest came in, rattled on about a bunch of unrelated stuff and some bible verses. Then in the last minute, he closed his eyes, looked at the ceiling, and yelled “it is a sin to play with yourself” and walked out.

No idea what the girls went through. All the boys got a speed stick and the girls got tampons.

I had no idea what the priest was talking about at that time.

Logistically similar to my 5th grade public education in MN, but when they split us up into separate rooms we watched some film (literally) about our changing bodies. There was a boy version and girl version, so we watched ours first, then they swapped reels between the rooms and we watched the other one.

The speed stick I distinctly remember because one kid stank real bad at a sleepover at his house and we got him to go put it on.

Nov 6, 2002

kiimo posted:

Yeah they split us up too. The boys found out about wet dreams and were fine. The girls found out about menstruation in their meeting and came back to the class looking positively rattled

The way I had wet dreams explained to me I thought puberty meant I was going to be waking up every morning in a bed drenched in cum.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I’ve got plumbers at my house fixing the septic and swapping out a wax ring while also adding a bidet, electricians at my house adding a 14-50R outlet for future use and multiple outlets for Braks’ outdoor oasis, and I just got a bid and approved a total garage roof repair for our garage because it’s rotten and causing the new lean to to leak in a corner.

Stuff’s getting done today.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The way I had wet dreams explained to me I thought puberty meant I was going to be waking up every morning in a bed drenched in cum.

You didn’t???

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

edit: also Sex Ed in Kansas taught us that we'd all be dead from AIDS by highschool. I remember everyone having a real existential crisis in 3rd grade because welp we needed to us the water fountain but it was clearly going to kill us

There's a whole rabbit hole there to go down between AIDS and DARE/Just Say No and how the crises worked with each other with Nancy Reagan running the show. Not a fun one, but there's a lot going on I'm pretty sure I know.

Nov 6, 2002

the killing stroke

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I don't know if it's because I went to 3 different elementary and middle schools but I never had DARE show up in any of them. I also didn't take Washington State history because of it and had to complete a basic easy packet my senior year so I could graduate.

I did take health twice and the rumor in my 2nd middle school was that the health teacher said semen looked and tasted like mayo. It didn't come up when I took it but she did tell us that blue balls wasn't real but you should still take it seriously if your boyfriend said he had them.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 8, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Sex ed for my rural NC middle school was surprisingly progressive, but I think it’s because our health/gym teacher basically said “I’m supposed to tell you all that the only way to avoid getting pregnant or STDs is to be abstinent, but I know some of you won’t listen so condoms and birth control are a thing.”

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I don't know if it's because I went to 3 different elementary and middle schools but I never had DARE show up in any of them. I also didn't take Washington State history because of it and had to complete a basic easy packet my senior year so I could graduate.

I did take health twice and the rumor in my 2nd middle school was that the health teacher said semen looked and tasted like mayo. It didn't come up when I took it but she did tell us that blue balls wasn't real but you should still take it seriously if your boyfriend said he had them.

Not top 5 most interesting part of this post, but blue balls are definitely real. It's majorly uncomfortable. Though of course not to the degree that teenage girls should feel obligated to do anything about it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I took wet dreams as a sign from God that I should masturbate a lot more

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I never had a wet dream. Not once. I'm still pretty irritated about that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

IPS meant their own cum, not someone else’s :dadjoke:

The Puppy Bowl posted:

:same:

My biggest memory from sex ed was our 6th grade science teacher, who taught the class, claimed she and her husband practiced abstinence. We laughed, but she claimed repeatedly they did.

At the end of the year, she was pregnant.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

fartknocker posted:

My biggest memory from sex ed was our 6th grade science teacher, who taught the class, claimed she and her husband practiced abstinence. We laughed, but she claimed repeatedly they did.

it's a miracle!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

fartknocker posted:

This is doubly dumb because the whole point of abstinence as taught is to wait until you're married, then you can do it all you want.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

fartknocker posted:

They may well have, who’s to say her husband was the father!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Not top 5 most interesting part of this post, but blue balls are definitely real. It's majorly uncomfortable. Though of course not to the degree that teenage girls should feel obligated to do anything about it.

The implication was that if your boyfriend complains about it you can tell him to take care of it himself. I don't think I ever had abstinence only sex ed and my high school's program talked about how being gay or bi was fine and you needed to practice safe sex even then since pregnancy wasn't the only outcome of not using condoms. One of my aunts was a teen mom and she was pretty active with Planned Parenthood so my grandma had her give me the full contraceptives talk when I was 10 or 11 since grandma was uncomfortable with it but didn't want to have 3 teen parents in the family.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

welp

[...]

This workplace is now officially a doomed ship.

aaaaaaaaaand the Titanic just broke the gently caress in half. AND it looks like I may have clung to the railing a little too long.

I got a call from my coworker yesterday where he told me our crew's backlog was running dangerously low from lack of jobs being sold. The sales drought here has started to ease up a little bit — at least for said coworker — but it's not easing fast enough to get our backlog where we need it, and I've been so burned out from doing nothing but self-genning and getting almost nothing every day for the last few months that my :effort: has been at an all-time low. Our office hasn't assigned me an appointment in almost 3 months (they used to give us at least one per week but the calls haven't been coming in like they used to), and that's where the bulk of our sales come from.

So anyway, since the backlog is drying up, my boss and the crew manager are taking a closer look at all of our estimates from the last several months, and boss finally noticed that a whole bunch of mine came from my own house and called me out on it. Boss accused me of trying to pad my self-gen numbers (which is true, although I've only ever done that on days when I couldn't get a self-gen anywhere else) to make it look like I'm out working when I'm not (which is false, I *AM* out working, but some days are just slow like that and I have to turn in something). I told him that all of those estimates were for legit jobs that need doing, and that I'm trying to convince my dad to OK a few of them (by filling out multiple forms for the same job lol) but that we can't afford to do any of them right now (all of which are true).

I'm being formally written up and suspended without pay for 2 weeks (starting next week lol) for "conduct unbecoming/unethical behavior", which is kinda rich coming from this place but still not something I wanna deal with when I'm applying for other jobs (or filing for unemployment I guess, although I live in Texas so that probably wasn't gonna happen regardless).

and then there's THIS...

my boss posted:

When you come back you will need to have completed all osha courses and read or listen to the 10xRule, sell or be sold And extreme ownership.

You will need to have detailed notes on all of the three books
and proof of the certifications.

You will report to [city our main branch is in] for a disciplinary review in person and we will discuss your future.
Now, the OSHA stuff I kinda get, but note that the underlined are all Grant Cardone books, because the owner of this company fuckin loves Grant Cardone and pays several thousands of dollars per employee to make us all do """sales""" """""training""""" through Cardone University. My job requires me to watch 3 christawful videos from this horrible site every day and it is loving painful. Grant Cardone is a jackass and more than 90% of the poo poo he says in these videos isn't even applicable to my industry or the kinds of clients I deal with.

Keep in mind, I'm not being paid to do any of this poo poo. They expect me to do all of this during unpaid suspension. After which they might still fire me.

gently caress.

I should've just quit this place on my own terms after I posted about it a month ago, but being an unemployed neet with no work history really fucks with your brain after awhile, and I was too cowardly and happy to finally have a regular source of income to just cut and run before finding another job someplace else. Now it's looking like I could be let go for-cause, and that seems like it'd be harder to bounce back from than if I had quit.

What's the best way for me to navigate leaving my job at this stage? I think I'm now past the point where I can wait to get hired at a new job before quitting this one.

tl;dr: I hung around at my lovely job suckling the company teat for too long; boss busted me for slacking off, suspended my rear end without pay, wrote me up, and wants me to do a bunch of unpaid poo poo before I come back and we "discuss my future". I need to abandon ship right now before I (possibly) get fired, and I can no longer afford to wait around for a new job first. Because I am a winner at life, I now have to ask the internet "what is the best way for me to quit this job, that makes me look the least lovely?"

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 8, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How long have you been there?

Do you have a good reference from that company?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

You are definitely about to get fired. Just quit and find a new job man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seems a little on the nose

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

FizFashizzle posted:

How long have you been there?

A little over 8 months. It'll be about a week shy of month 9 when the 2 weeks is up.

FizFashizzle posted:

Do you have a good reference from that company?

My coworker would probably give me a good reference, if that counts.

I think my boss would too, although he's the one telling me I'm being written up and suspended right now so who knows. We've been on pretty good terms up to now though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every time you post about this job, people tell you to quit. Just quit already.

And for the love of god don’t use them as a reference. You did something most companies would frown on. They’ll definitely sell you out. Use a coworker as a personal reference

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Quit now because they're going through the formal process of termination. (And what the hell were you thinking when you decided to falsify sales quotes?)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

If you're going to falsify quotes, at least put effort into it and don't do them all for your own loving address too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No offense dude but you did goose your numbers a little bit and I’d absolutely never mention this job on a resume.

It’s been very noble of you not work and take care of your sick family member these last nine months (hope they don’t check payroll databases)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

fartknocker posted:

Do you think she meant they practiced abstinence until they got married?

Nov 6, 2002

This one is pretty amazing. Wait for it...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1666615968024391686

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1666811655609810945

oh man the right is really going to hate roberts now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Your employer just gave you a free if unpaid two weeks to find another job. Bust your rear end looking for something during that break and then on the last day of your suspension tell them that you aren't coming back. Be professional if/when you have to return any company-owned property, and for gently caress's sake don't list them as a reference going forward.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bird in a Blender posted:

You are definitely about to get fired. Just quit and find a new job man.

I'm just wondering why they're telling me to do the OSHA and Cardone poo poo if they're already planning to fire me anyway. Also why they're still telling me to work today and tomorrow. actually this is totally something they'd do

But yeah my boss using the words "discuss your future" pretty much tells me I'm already dead.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm just wondering why they're telling me to do the OSHA and Cardone poo poo if they're already planning to fire me anyway. Also why they're still telling me to work today and tomorrow. actually this is totally something they'd do

But yeah my boss using the words "discuss your future" pretty much tells me I'm already dead.

Just loving quit so you don't have to lie about being fired or asked to resign from a prior job. Tell them your two-week suspension is your two weeks' notice. One way or another, your time with this company is over.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
They probably should've just fired you when they caught you falsifying your numbers. Don't even waste your time on that stuff they told you to do, you both need to move on.

Nov 6, 2002

If there's one thing goons love to do, it's ignore common sense advice, so I expect him to report in two weeks "whelp they fired me."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This bit tells me I don't want to work there anyway, even if you weren't cooking the books in...frankly, not the smartest fashion.

quote:

sell or be sold And extreme ownership.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

wandler20 posted:

They probably should've just fired you when they caught you falsifying your numbers.

Yeah, goosing your lead numbers -- with your own home, no less -- would be grounds for immediate termination in any company I've ever worked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You're not missing much. It isn't always a sex dream that triggers it, often not a dream you remember at all.