Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Beeftweeter posted:

xpost from yospos because that thing is pretty long, but worth a read for the lols

there's much more in the article

All it said was it has noise leaks. Nothing stopping it from serving as a boat, briefly.

Martian posted:

Just for girls though. So I guess boys will just have to kiss each other before then :biglips:

Boys can kiss married women, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Who would have thought that a car shaped like a loving brick and made of solid steel panels would have issues with body shake, turning issues, and suspension issues. If only we had over a century of vehicle engineering to look at where we’ve already determined why this design was pure poo poo

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

idk, maybe? lol they have all the hallmarks of a loving loser

OK but seriously, who are the people who post stuff like this in real life? Catturd turned out to be some divorced gen Xer living in the middle of nowhere in Florida, but the rabbit guy is less crass and tries to lean harder towards the "facts and logic" end of things.

Getting rid of blocking would backfire spectacularly which is exactly why I kind of Hope it happens. While chuds don't block as much as leftists do, the ones that do block extensively are by far the thinnest skinned people on Twitter, and getting Eve Fartlow-ed will be too much for their delicate sensibilities.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I'm sorry but what the gently caress, why can the cybertruck "crabwalk," what would the purpose of that feature even be

if u dont want a car that looks like it came out of an n64 game that can fart and crabwalk i guess ur not ready for the future

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Schmoe Cwead posted:

if u dont want a car that looks like it came out of an n64 game that can fart and crabwalk i guess ur not ready for the future

if i wanted to deal with that on my daily commute i'd just carpool with my wife !

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

People are not used to ChatGPT being a thing yet I see

https://twitter.com/Nanjig1/status/1666797390848819202

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

This reference is not good to compare to the Cybertruck.
Homers machine is the ultimate collection of minor improvements, super sized cup holders, parking lot finder ball, etc.

The Cybertruck does nothing of the sort.
It removes handy things, like stick toggle controls, and makes them worse.
Its worse than Homer's car

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm sorry but what the gently caress, why can the cybertruck "crabwalk," what would the purpose of that feature even be

Parallel parking

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

not even the first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WpZ-rf2vV0

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Crab walking is useful for one specific scenario when offroading for 1% of the people who offroad which is 1% of the people who buy the cars.

It's useful once for 10 people max.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

happyhippy posted:

This reference is not good to compare to the Cybertruck.
Homers machine is the ultimate collection of minor improvements, super sized cup holders, parking lot finder ball, etc.

The Cybertruck does nothing of the sort.
It removes handy things, like stick toggle controls, and makes them worse.
Its worse than Homer's car

Homer's car would only kill me if the La Cucaracha horn drove someone else into a road rage.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Beeftweeter posted:

xpost from yospos because that thing is pretty long, but worth a read for the lols

quote:

The report lists problems against potential solutions, some of which are illuminating. The front of the vehicle had some issues where there was “no solution without modifying suspension design.” Against the problem of “too high camber gain,” resulting in, among other things, tire wear and alignment change with ride height, the entry on the solutions column bluntly states “possibly none.”

It's called stance Brenda, look it up

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

parking problem solved: eradicate cars

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Beeftweeter posted:

literally everything everyone in automotive said on first glance was true lol

article posted:

The contents of the report do not deal a fatal blow to the Cybertruck. As one veteran automotive engineer, who spoke on condition of anonymity to prevent backlash from Tesla fans, says, the company has enormous financial resources which will allow it to address the issues detailed in the report. However, he said, “my first reaction is I am astounded. These are classic mechanical automotive engineering challenges that you have in pretty much any vehicle. I'm blown away that they would be struggling so much with the basics.”

https://www.wired.com/story/a-leaked-tesla-report-shows-the-cybertruck-had-basic-design-flaws/

WoodrowSkillson has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Jun 8, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

makes sense why they drive them so slow

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
None of that matters because they're never going to ship that thing lol

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I want them to ship it so we can see all of the suckers who bought it smile and post how this poo poo actually tastes delicious

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ship it? the cybertruck is going to ship itself

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

leftist heap posted:

Yeah cause it's not a ship it's a boat (briefly)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

leftist heap posted:

its a car not a ship stupid

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

have you ever driven any vehicle with crab steering? its amazing

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

euphronius posted:

makes sense why they drive them so slow

now i'm wondering if that drag race video ever showed it coming to a full stop, because apparently it struggles greatly to lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if a pedestrian attempts to crawl up and away from the tesla then the tesla can use its crab movement to grab and pull them back down

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

eXXon posted:

All it said was it has noise leaks. Nothing stopping it from serving as a boat, briefly.

you just gotta caulk the wagon. bing bong so simple

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1666871052150996992?t=JzdA9t4lR1xWFNDQ0ULYpw&s=19

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Tesla’s engineers were aiming for a score of 7, or “fair,”

who needs brakes anyway. full self driving will use ai regeneration to remove the need for legacy brakes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

elon musk is right

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Dixon Chisholm posted:

have you ever driven any vehicle with crab steering? its amazing

More proof of carcinisation.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Tesla’s engineers were aiming for a score of 7, or “fair,”

who needs brakes anyway. full self driving will use ai regeneration to remove the need for legacy brakes

imo i aim for a 10 in everything i do and to do less is cheating yourself and the world

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Lmao, yeah X can do everything! Just like Tesla can ship cybertruck. In fact they’re already produced, they’re all just out of frame.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

leftist heap posted:

they will ship a thing that looks like the cybertruck. the yare way too deeply invested now to just pull the plug entirely

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Tell me about the new Tesla roadster announced in like 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

it will have cold gas jet thrusters so it can fly

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
twitter is now a game being developed by peter molyneux

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

moist turtleneck posted:

it can totally fly using spacex cold rolled steel jet rocket boosters before plunging into the sea and becoming a submarine

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

is that the one with the jet engines they can definitely put in a car without making it even more of a rolling incendiary device

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it's been downgraded to rocket thrust via wheel rotation

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
If you ask Elon about a neat feature he'll add it in to future cars. It's a lot like Chris Roberts and Star Citizen. They are always working to improve things for the end user. You don't see that with a lot of modern companies.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

it's been downgraded to rocket thrust via wheel rotation

we *def* don’t recommend this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Elman posted:

Jesus Christ the comments on that tweet are a cesspool. Thank you Elon

The Coca Cola company is not happy with me