Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Junpei posted:

Of course, Meursault is the type to read out individual emojis out loud, lmao.

colon sickos colon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
story spoilers from literally the first cutscene in the new second half of 4:

yi sang made N Corp's mirror, lmao

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Google Jeb Bush posted:

story spoilers from literally the first cutscene in the new second half of 4:

yi sang made N Corp's mirror, lmao

Well, that was actually mentioned in Leviathan...which is in DIRE need a full translation.

Also, funny personal story:

As soon as the update hit, I got first used that paid Lunacy...and got Gregor on the spot.

Then, I used a one-extraction ticket...and got Heathcliff instantly.

I am as shocked and baffled as you are.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

4-37: man how on earth are you supposed to EX this, that is a ridiculous amount of hp to chew through in 10 turns

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Finished all the current story fights, some of the fights I actually ran close to the EX 10 turn limit (although I was running some monkey party without really building parties to target enemy res).

tbh n-corp sinclair is just the mvp for most everything, since he automatically manages his own sanity and doesn't have to deal with increasing it (important since a lot of enemies don't clash with you in these fights, so you don't always get to build it up), and also he just does 10 billion damage which helps when enemies keep getting more and more health.

some tips from reddit for using ego heathcliff:

quote:

Get 3 Envy asap to trigger his passive. N Faust and Rose Rodion in the team help with this.

Only use his Skill 3 when the passive is up so you can trigger high value sinking.

Use skill 1 to keep his Sinking count up. Go for a counter against low-coin attacks.

Only use his skill 2 when your sinking is high enough or the enemy will die before the final hit to make sure you don't lose your sinking count too early. When your SP is in the -20 or -30, go ahead and spend the Skill 2 to keep your sinking around 3-6 so you don't distort while you start rolling tail.

With all 4 skills used, it's easy to use Telepole at some point to push your sanity back down to -30 after some turns and keep it there.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 8, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RoyalScion posted:

Finished all the current story fights, some of the fights I actually ran close to the EX 10 turn limit (although I was running some monkey party without really building parties to target enemy res).

tbh n-corp sinclair is just the mvp for most everything, since he automatically manages his own sanity and doesn't have to deal with increasing it (important since a lot of enemies don't clash with you in these fights, so you don't always get to build it up), and also he just does 10 billion damage which helps when enemies keep getting more and more health.

some tips from reddit for using ego heathcliff:

he does next to nothing against the L Ego guys though. But everyone else has problems clashing with the staff guys' Extremely Balanced skills. The solution to EX that mission just seems to be "retry endlessly unti everyone attacks the right enemies at the right times and someone doesn't get staggered on turn 1

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 8, 2023

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Even though they’re resistant to blunt his numbers are so high it’s fine, and is helped by gaze from n faust.

He’s also good for holding up in early clashes.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RoyalScion posted:

Even though they’re resistant to blunt his numbers are so high it’s fine, and is helped by gaze from n faust.

He’s also good for holding up in early clashes.

He needs to max roll through or he's just gonna tickle them, so once again :rolldice:

anyway I did it. W Don decided to draw her Rip Spaces at the right time vs the right people and R Heathcliff just went insane and drew 2 QS at the start of round 3 with just enough ammo left to use them since I was aggressively conserving it. once again my pure skill has carried the team through

e: I also lack Tingtang Hong Lu and I don't use RB Ryoshu which probably didn't help

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 8, 2023

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I didn't have too much trouble with those enemies, I just threw my non-blunt team at 'em. Granted, that team's pretty stacked, with W Don/R Heath/ Tingtang Hong Lu/Chef Ryoshu/N Faust. Also had a stage or two where I used N Sinclair against those enemies and he honestly worked perfectly fine.

Anyways, I just finished. Holy poo poo that end was great. Love that they upped the ante by allowing a 7 Sinner team, and Spicebush is an incredibly cool fight! Also finally getting to see K Corp's singularity, and hot drat that's horrifying.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I mean after the first turn or so it’s pretty common to roll high since he isn’t dependent on clashes for sanity gain.

Dunno, there are a lot of options but I ran n faust, n Sinclair, chef ryoshu, w don, and r heathcliff for pretty much all the later stages cause big damage. I used wrench rodya and seven outis instead of don and ryoshu early but was too lazy to swap back later.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

hong lu's dimension shredder animation is reasonably nifty

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Arzaac posted:

I didn't have too much trouble with those enemies, I just threw my non-blunt team at 'em. Granted, that team's pretty stacked, with W Don/R Heath/ Tingtang Hong Lu/Chef Ryoshu/N Faust. Also had a stage or two where I used N Sinclair against those enemies and he honestly worked perfectly fine.

Anyways, I just finished. Holy poo poo that end was great. Love that they upped the ante by allowing a 7 Sinner team, and Spicebush is an incredibly cool fight! Also finally getting to see K Corp's singularity, and hot drat that's horrifying.
Just beat it myself, that was a 10/10 fight worthy of a Mili song and I have no loving idea how they're going to top it. Took me a fair few tries though - in the end I managed to get a comfortable win by going in with only Nclair, Nfaust and Wdon.

I think the biggest twist here is that Yi Sang invented the COMPUTER MONITOR of all things?

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 8, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Yinlock posted:

4-37: man how on earth are you supposed to EX this, that is a ridiculous amount of hp to chew through in 10 turns

rose rodya, n sinclair and faust, and i used bunnycliff with ample use of bodysack and tingtang man but i'm not sure those are the optimal choices

probably helps blowing a hundred billion tickets to level them to 35, tbh

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

really feeling like the tremor team is probably a thing, rose rodya on her lonesome is a not-quite-g-gregor-tier self-synergy package so there's probably something very scary there

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

really feeling like the tremor team is probably a thing, rose rodya on her lonesome is a not-quite-g-gregor-tier self-synergy package so there's probably something very scary there
Yeah, turns out all Tremor needed to be viable was an ID that wasn't poo poo.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Welp, seems like my luck streak ran out, no Foxy Heath for me for now. I did recover a lot of ego shards, so if he gets a new EGO it's mine without pulls.

Also yeah, 4-37 is nasty to EX but luckily got it second try.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
drat that was some pretty good stuff all around.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Holy hell, this is grueling. Mixing EGO enemies, drones and K Corp in the same stage is cruel.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

That was a neat final fight for the second part. The last couple of clashes was cool, and I'm looking forward to the Spicebush EGO ID for Yi Sang, surely he's going to get that? I know we haven't gone into the dungeon, there might be a more fitting one in there, but come on?

Also, I'm taking a look at the EGO in the battlepass. Heathcliff's EGO is a TETH, and he has no current TETH, so you can just slot that in, no problem. Outis's EGO is also a TETH, and she does have Ya Śūnyatā Tad Rūpam for that slot, but I think the Sunshower EGO is superior? Seems to have better effects and can burst tremor on a critical, which considering the many many tremor ids this chapter is throwing at us, seems pretty good?

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 8, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

LostRook posted:

Also, the top right of the stage select is looking really ominous.

Wonder if AEDD's passive can proc on its own corrosion?
E.G. Corroded Tails hit, whack self for 10% Max HP/+10 Charge Count, immediately turn around and spend the 10 Charge Count to heal 25% HP

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Arcanuse posted:

E.G. Corroded Tails hit, whack self for 10% Max HP/+10 Charge Count, immediately turn around and spend the 10 Charge Count to heal 25% HP
I...don't think you can attack yourself with EGO.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Poor wording on my part. You hit someone else, and get whacked by the 10%MaxHP damage from flipping tails.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Google Jeb Bush posted:

rose rodya, n sinclair and faust, and i used bunnycliff with ample use of bodysack and tingtang man but i'm not sure those are the optimal choices

probably helps blowing a hundred billion tickets to level them to 35, tbh
This, except I used Chef Ryoshu in place of Hong Lyu.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

Arcanuse posted:

The way it's worded, I think it's spend 1 charge/heal 2.5% per hit. So probably not. Also, I don't think self-damage like that counts as being hit, technically.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

This, except I used Chef Ryoshu in place of Hong Lyu.

I use Kurokumo instead of Chef because the cannibals weird me out in general, that was a mistake :negative:

Kuro Hong Lu is usually my slash dude but uh he cannot clash at all which is an issue with the staff guys, also he can't really do poo poo to the blob bois but boy does he love targeting them

Direct targeting is tedious but I think there needs to be an option to do so when it's needed. The railway version of this fight might actually be easier since I can direct peoples' attacks at where they'll hurt

e:

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Welp, seems like my luck streak ran out, no Foxy Heath for me for now. I did recover a lot of ego shards, so if he gets a new EGO it's mine without pulls.

Also yeah, 4-37 is nasty to EX but luckily got it second try.

My luck for all of S2 has been atrocious, which is probably my punishment for getting like half of season 1's 000s from dailies

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 8, 2023

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Yinlock posted:

I use Kurokumo instead of Chef because the cannibals weird me out in general, that was a mistake :negative:
"Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but never managed it from the cat.”
― Terry Pratchett

When your enemies are blessed with an abundance of survivability, eating them is a very expedient solution.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Finished the story stuff. I thought she was distorting, was not expecting EGO. Also we're seeing a trend where looking into thje Mirror seems to cause people to start obsessing over their parallel possibilities, first Kromer and now the science squad. Lol that the fight was supposed to be Yi Sang's big moment but he also still only has 2 not very good IDs. I found the fight itself fairly easy, though that might be because I brought both 7 Outis and Kuro Ryoshu and they do horrible things to single targets. Also my fighting style is generally wearing enemies down with clashes with meshes well with both her fights

K Corp's singularity review: Jesus Christ How Horrifying

Also someone needs to punch Dongrang at some point holy poo poo he is vile, and RIP Samjo you loving idiot. Well he's probably about to burst out as some horrible monster or primordial soup and try to kill us so he's not exactly dead, but you know what I mean

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 8, 2023

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
What an absolutely gorgeous final fight. Just outright stunning. Fun mechanics too-I struggled a lot before I managed to beat her.

I really like Dongbaek.

You know who I don't like? loving DONGRANG THAT'S WHO. What an absolute slimebag.

-I wonder if Yi Sang is going to distort?

-I had a lot of theories on K Corp's singularity and this was definitely not any of them. Wonder what that means about those high-class K Corp employees or N Meursault.

-Related, does that mean that Blubbering Toad is related to K Corp in a way? That is, that it's a metaphorical reflection of K Corp like the Birds are the Head?

-Small detail that I'm kind of obsessed with: Samjo mentions that he and TLA guy both had job interviews with B Corp. Is that a Beholder thing only or does, after all the speculation, the Head select Arbiters and Claws through job interviews from Nest applicants? Because that would be a hilarious anticlimax.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yinlock posted:

Finished the story stuff. I thought she was distorting, was not expecting EGO. Also we're seeing a trend where looking into thje Mirror seems to cause people to start obsessing over their parallel possibilities, first Kromer and now the science squad. Lol that the fight was supposed to be Yi Sang's big moment but he also still only has 2 not very good IDs. I found the fight itself fairly easy, though that might be because I brought both 7 Outis and Kuro Ryoshu and they do horrible things to single targets. Also my fighting style is generally wearing enemies down with clashes with meshes well with both her fights

K Corp's singularity review: Jesus Christ How Horrifying

Also someone needs to punch Dongrang at some point holy poo poo he is vile, and RIP Samjo you loving idiot. Well he's probably about to burst out as some horrible monster or primordial soup and try to kill us so he's not exactly dead, but you know what I mean

For 4-48 I did actually bring Yi Sang and it was cool, he got Duelling and then spammed his Ideal to clash with Dongbaek and won on turn 9. Meanwhile 4-47 I soloed with Nclair. Turns out a Bash weak boss who gets staggered the same turn as you do when soloing is easy to solo! (after... a few resets).

Man, my reaction was kinda hilarious.

4-47: Oh, so it comes from an eye, and since it restores based on an origin point you need to be damaged not to go out. Nasty side effect but okay.

4-48: Suffering Is The Point In Capitalism, Part 947. We should have guessed the reason N Corp could do all those attrocities was because K Corp also wanted them. Kind of a running theme for Wings to run using human suffering as a fuel so we should assume every singularity functions similarly.

Dongrang is absolutely gonna be the dungeon's final boss, if we have one per se. The story did leave me wondering, given that Gubo's only line in the flashback was going "why ain't you using the mirror for profit?" if he was the one who sold out the circle to get Yi Sang to bring the mirror to N Corp.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

4-48: Suffering Is The Point In Capitalism, Part 947. We should have guessed the reason N Corp could do all those attrocities was because K Corp also wanted them. Kind of a running theme for Wings to run using human suffering as a fuel so we should assume every singularity functions similarly.

I mean, a lot of people did guess that. We were just thinking more along the lines of "K Corp also wanted the prosthetic makers gone" instead of "they need more snuff films to make their giant eyeball monster cry".

Yinlock posted:

Lol that the fight was supposed to be Yi Sang's big moment but he also still only has 2 not very good IDs.

Thankfully this is only part 2 of 3, hopefully we'll get a strong Yi Sang identity by the time the 3rd part of chapter 4 comes out?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Arzaac posted:

I mean, a lot of people did guess that. We were just thinking more along the lines of "K Corp also wanted the prosthetic makers gone" instead of "they need more snuff films to make their giant eyeball monster cry".

What I meant is there was no ulterior motive for the violence and massacre like getting stuff from N Corp or the prosthetic users going away, those were just bonuses.

All Wings look for is to keep their Singularity working and develop on it, and they all run on suffering. K Corp uses snuff to make their cry and produce liquid, N Corp sends crazy, brainwashed zealots to collect human suffering distilled, W Corp and T Corp constantly put people on mileniums of suffering and isolation to collect time (and I wouldn't be surprised if the restore component of W Corp came from like, disassembling humans so they have fuel to restore). R Corp creates clones and makes them fight each other (albeit due to the Head rules). Old L Corp was something horrifying. Even Lobotomy Corp, despite having different goals, was founded on using the still living nervous system of a woman and tortured and experimented on people to make Abnos (as Forsaken Murderer's story tells us).

For a crazy cultist Carmen had a point, the City has to have something to make Suffering such a driving fact of life outside of "Capitalism" memes. Not saying everyone is blameless, though, cause the most likely culprit is "the Head fosters an environment that incites suffering and horrible conditions"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

What I meant is there was no ulterior motive for the violence and massacre like getting stuff from N Corp or the prosthetic users going away, those were just bonuses.

All Wings look for is to keep their Singularity working and develop on it, and they all run on suffering. K Corp uses snuff to make their cry and produce liquid, N Corp sends crazy, brainwashed zealots to collect human suffering distilled, W Corp and T Corp constantly put people on mileniums of suffering and isolation to collect time (and I wouldn't be surprised if the restore component of W Corp came from like, disassembling humans so they have fuel to restore). R Corp creates clones and makes them fight each other (albeit due to the Head rules). Old L Corp was something horrifying. Even Lobotomy Corp, despite having different goals, was founded on using the still living nervous system of a woman and tortured and experimented on people to make Abnos (as Forsaken Murderer's story tells us).

For a crazy cultist Carmen had a point, the City has to have something to make Suffering such a driving fact of life outside of "Capitalism" memes. Not saying everyone is blameless, though, cause the most likely culprit is "the Head fosters an environment that incites suffering and horrible conditions"

They don't even care that much about developing on it unless it involves maximizing profits, too. Like sure W corp could maybe put research into how to make WARP trains not such a hellish nightmare, but why bother when T corp is buying up all that delicious time and there's no profit in it.

As you said the cruelty is the point, the crushing status quo that demands that people twist themselves into monsters(sometimes literally) just to survive keeps the Head comfortably in power while their "Taboos" and the Claws that enforce them makes sure nobody can get any funny ideas about looking past themselves. My guess is they also have something of a savior complex where they enforce a culture that demands the people of the City be happy and grateful to the City, as shown by stuff like You Must Be Happy/Become Strong, Today's Shy Look, and how they seem to regard bringing attention to the plight of the lower classes as an affront. All this combined creates a City where only the most hosed-up psychos can get ahead.

It's late-stage capitalism gone into sudden-death overtime.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
you ever play your Don Charge game so well that you manage to get off two Rip Spaces in a single turn

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

you ever play your Don Charge game so well that you manage to get off two Rip Spaces in a single turn

I've tried it a couple times in human battles but i've only managed it like once

i am way too lazy at checking enemy speed

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

"oh this seems like a much easier boss fight than kromer"

*turns into a bunch of flowers in phase 4 or whatever and dies instantaneously*

alright, folks, I understood how to fight kromer, but I'm not sure I get this one. What are the highlights?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

oh i see

just exclusively target the boss in the "all your friends are vegetables, it is time for an honorable duel" phase

e: ch4 current ending spoilers:

death to __Dongrang__

e: ANNOUNCER: NEW FEED HAS BEEN ADDED

aaaaaaaaaaaa

well i guess there's a reason i'm happy treating this as a patreon for the insane assholes at project moon lmao

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 9, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
what the gently caress what the gently caress WHAT THE gently caress

gently caress Dongrang all my homies hate Dongrang

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

Google Jeb Bush posted:

"oh this seems like a much easier boss fight than kromer"

*turns into a bunch of flowers in phase 4 or whatever and dies instantaneously*

alright, folks, I understood how to fight kromer, but I'm not sure I get this one. What are the highlights?

Basically you want to win clashes to avoid letting Dongbaek accumulate Sanity as she will have some attacks with good coin bonuses.
Also winning clashes is important to avoid accumulating the Blooming, which you can read what it does (basically it reduces your sanity and immobilizes you at 5+, which is not good).

The first 2 turns is basically a freebie to accumulate the Sin resources for EGO while having some stronger skills clash with her attacks.
Personally I'd say go for Faust's Representation Emitter or Heathcliff's Bodysack, the latter being both easier and more potent.

Faust's Representation Emitter is good in generally cause you got 7 Sinners to benefit from it, and to partially deal with Blooming.

In the first phase of the real boss fight (so turn 3 & beyond), Dongbaek will spawn 4 saplings that she will try to grow which will give buffs to herself, thankfully these are pretty easy to kill and can be one tapped by S1s.
The thing about these saplings is that unlike the Doomsday Calendar minions, when they die, they die for real, so you get a lot of bonus from the Bodysack passive if you play things right.

Repeat this until Dongbaek gets tired of your anti-tree tactics, where she will spawn 4 fully grown trees that you can either destroy by beating the clash against its attack (a la Knight of Despair) or just killing it.
The next turn she will have 2 AOE attacks with high base power & coin bonus that also gets power if any of these fully grown trees are around.

After this, she will then have a single attack to mark a certain Sinner to duel.
All the other Sinners will get trapped in the bushes and you want to win the single clash against Dongbaek for 2 turns, after which she will become staggered and you can finish her off.

edit: I saw your post but didn't saw that you won right after so I feel like Windows Vista.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the answer, as with all things, is More Legerdemain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Yinlock posted:

the answer, as with all things, is More Legerdemain

Especially since they only have one slot each and so you can actually hit three of them. My setup for the fight had a lot of gloom attacks so I used Land of Illusion instead.