Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The MSJ posted:

I always think of getting the Siege version, or the Wrecker one, but the transformation seems very complicated for a simple figure, and the propellers needing a separate piece for the center turned me off a bit since I have the T30 version.

I have read two reviews for the movie and both treat the movie as a prequel to 2007 but one which ignores TLK. Is this confirmed?

The Bay movies are gone from what I know.

Bumblebee and this is the new start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Siege Springer has a 3 part rotor because the blades are badass swords

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

https://youtu.be/QwDLYcnKT7I

Jeremy Jahns liked the new movie and that’s good enough for me.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Anyone know if it's worth seeing it in 3D?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
It wasn't shot in 3D so as always I will say no. If it's the only way to see it in IMAX or whatever, go for it, but post-conversion 3D is never worth paying extra for.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
WILD

https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1666776146132836352?s=20

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Well, I guess I'm buying dead Ironhide and Ratchet when they put those out.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rise of The Beast didn't have action as good as the Bay movies and the story probably moved too fast, but it was still a good time with some great battles and Transformers concepts I didn't expect to see in live action, like a human-Transformers merging.

Optimus Primal also said Ancient Aliens is stupid. Not literally, but it's implied.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Imagine releasing a film that does worse than the one where the main characters discuss Age of Consent laws... or the one with the stereotype robots.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

PowerBeard posted:

Imagine releasing a film that does worse than the one where the main characters discuss Age of Consent laws... or the one with the stereotype robots.

You mean Bumblebee? Made far less than the other movies (sadly).

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
From reviews I've seen if you love Transformers you'll love this movie, likely more so than Bumblebee. Is it perfect?

No.

But it's very enjoyable.

Critics will say the usual mix of it has heart and others saying it's shallow.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

havent bought a hasbro product since their subsidiary wotc deemed it appropriate to sick the loving pinkertons on a guy, but i do love to see a dead cop action figure.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Keldroc posted:

It wasn't shot in 3D so as always I will say no. If it's the only way to see it in IMAX or whatever, go for it, but post-conversion 3D is never worth paying extra for.

loving Jaws had a recent 3D conversion that was really good.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Yeah but loving Jaws was the worst of the Jaws films.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

VERY COOL MAN posted:

havent bought a hasbro product since their subsidiary wotc deemed it appropriate to sick the loving pinkertons on a guy, but i do love to see a dead cop action figure.

Evergreen lol at TLK Barricade and his brass knuckles that say ƎVЯƎƧ and TƆƎTOЯᑫ so he can literally beat copaganda into his victims

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

PowerBeard posted:

https://twitter.com/jonrog1/status/1666977125939945472

Hollywood accounting is wild.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I am expecting it to have a hard battle cuz loving Spiderverse just came out and I can't imagine that doing bad at all.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2JnTforl_4

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

loving Jaws had a recent 3D conversion that was really good.

I can't imagine wanting to watch Jaws like that. 3D is such a waste of time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It really compliments Spielberg's cinematography. It's all about the depth of field as opposed to things coming out at you.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jurassic Park and Titanic have good 3D conversions but that's because their directors personally oversaw the process. I would expect Jaws and Terminator 2 to be the same.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Six bot combiners are for amateurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GC6ix5Unzo

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Am reminded of the guy who worked on Men In Black who said he was still waiting for the first film to be “profitable” around the time the last one was released.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Saw ROTB, thought it was alright. Kinda poo poo that for a movie with Beast War characters there was one voice actor from the show and they only get a couple lines in the movie.

E: Also I'm getting sick of "it's not what it looks like..... ok it is what it looks like" jokes

Regular Wario fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 9, 2023

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Jurassic Park and Titanic have good 3D conversions but that's because their directors personally oversaw the process. I would expect Jaws and Terminator 2 to be the same.

The T2 one was pretty good from what I remember. Jaws being almost all shots of the ocean really lends itself well for the enhanced depth. Theres a shot where the camera is looking through the shark jaw that’s mounted on the boat and it looks amazing.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sentinel Red posted:

Am reminded of the guy who worked on Men In Black who said he was still waiting for the first film to be “profitable” around the time the last one was released.
I've not heard anything since the Disney buyout but Lucas was still in the hole on Return of the Jedi until then at least.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I was surprised that despite being Pete Davidson, Mirage is definitely the high point of the movie

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Nodosaur posted:

I was surprised that despite being Pete Davidson, Mirage is definitely the high point of the movie

Agreed - probably his best role yet

That said I enjoyed it, with my main point of disappointment being the choice to only have split second shots of the robot mode beasts, and the vague calls to the original series time travel component while simultaneously not clarifying or it even making sense with the overall plot of the movie

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Agreed - probably his best role yet

That said I enjoyed it, with my main point of disappointment being the choice to only have split second shots of the robot mode beasts, and the vague calls to the original series time travel component while simultaneously not clarifying or it even making sense with the overall plot of the movie

it made sense to me. The Maximals are from Cybertron's future, after they began spreading life to other worlds, with Primal being named after Optimus. Then they traveled to the past with the Transwarp Key to keep it out of Scourge's hands.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m Team Pete Davidson is okay

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Pete Davidson is fine, I honestly don't know why people don't like him. Probably because of his huge dick or whatever.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've just never found him funny until he played Mirage.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Pete Davidson is fine, I honestly don't know why people don't like him. Probably because of his huge dick or whatever.

I think it’s a case of people tell you he sucks so you just believe it. That and he’s had lots of attractive girlfriends while looking like he looks.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Too bad they can't get Mirage to cameo in that episode of Bupkiss where Pete Davidson had hallucinations. He would fit right in between Machine Gun Kelly and Art The Clown.

I have to wonder why the Transwarp key wasn't in Africa in the movie, since the Maximals were African animals. It literally won't change the movie otherwise. Although maybe finding carvings of animals that didn't belong was part of the mystery.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

I've just never found him funny until he played Mirage.

I thought he was pretty good in Bodies Bodies Bodies, but the whole premise of that is Rich Zoomers Being Horrible To Eachother so I'm not sure how much of a stretch it was for him

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Joe Fisto posted:

I think it’s a case of people tell you he sucks so you just believe it. That and he’s had lots of attractive girlfriends while looking like he looks.
There are lots of US comedians who I only know of because people talk about how terrible they are. Never anything specific beyond "UGH HE'S THE WOOOOORST".

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Saw ROTB tonight. It's not terrible and when Primal told Rhinox and Cheetor to maximize I got the warm fuzzies. It's definitely better than the Bay films, but not as good as Bumblebee was.

Also Wheeljack delivering the "we're all gonna die" line was delightful.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

It was alright. Very choppy, and some of the gags really, really don't land. But it's probably the third-best live action movie, so there's that!

Also I was 100% correct that Airazor does not transform to robot mode in the film.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Void Rivals from Skybound is indeed the new Hasbro comics, and #1 will have transformers in it

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/exclusive-transformers-gi-joe-at-image-comics-with-void-rivals-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I dunno if them having the license is good or bad.