Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

not what you asked for but "Pittsburg in the late 1960s"

yeah I've seen tons of pictures and jesus christ it looks bad, just really curious now what kinda aqi that would be with it spiking to 430 in Brooklyn last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

skooma512 posted:

I thought I was crazy but someone posted on reddit about store bought jalapenos not being hot anymore and I'll bet it's due to the whole biosphere collapse thing. I bit into one this year and it tasted like a bell pepper with negligible heat.

Back in my taco days we would use guajillos to make this really mild, slightly earthy, but very vibrantly red sauce that ended up going into a lot of different things or being used on its own for the weaker customers. One day we got a few big bags of dried guajillos that just did not behave at all like we were used to, they processed down into this much darker, much much meaner sauce that was delicious, but also barely commercially viable.

Asked a more experienced buddy about it and he said that happens sometimes, variations in growing conditions can cause peppers to do some weird poo poo. I don't know what's going on with the bullshit jalapenos but weather could be a factor.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Real Mean Queen posted:

Back in my taco days we would use guajillos to make this really mild, slightly earthy, but very vibrantly red sauce that ended up going into a lot of different things or being used on its own for the weaker customers. One day we got a few big bags of dried guajillos that just did not behave at all like we were used to, they processed down into this much darker, much much meaner sauce that was delicious, but also barely commercially viable.

Asked a more experienced buddy about it and he said that happens sometimes, variations in growing conditions can cause peppers to do some weird poo poo. I don't know what's going on with the bullshit jalapenos but weather could be a factor.

sunlight, watering, and nitrogen levels all have impact on spicyness

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol in the last month, it's rained < 1 inch in Seattle and hasn't rained in the last 20 days. That's normal, right?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lol in the last month, it's rained < 1 inch in Seattle and hasn't rained in the last 20 days. That's normal, right?

It might rain tomorrow! I really hope so because I always feel like a huge dumb rear end watering my plants that were supposed to be drought tolerant and native but I dont want them all to loving die like they did in the heat dome

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
My friend in Italy has a proposal for the States: 50% of their rain for 100% less Olive Gardens.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I tried singing Britney Spears' Toxic outside but ran out of breath at the second line.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

FlapYoJacks posted:

Stop complaining about the nice weather

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Maed posted:

with all this fire stuff and me living in nyc now and growing up in Pittsburgh I was curious if someone in the thread might be able to help me with something

I sent pictures of the smoke in nyc to my mom who first was in Pittsburgh in 1968 and she said it was even worse every day there. I tried finding some estimated AQI for Pittsburgh back in the 50s and 60s when my dad grew up there but since Google is straight trash now I can't find any historical estimates, just the last decade. anyone know where I might find that data or just know offhand what the average AQI probably was?

Yeah but that led to them creating the clean air act, and this will lead to us starting fires on purpose to own the libs

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Just a Moron posted:

Rain is nice weather. :colbert:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Just a Moron posted:

Im only happy when it rains.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
I have gone insane-o
I lust for volcano
Be with molten lava
Give me my nirvana
I have no vertigo
I lust for tornado
Be a leaf upon air
Venusian mal-de-mer

Venusian sickness dire
I want to be set on fire
Venusian, gather while I
Venusian-ly catch on fire
Auto-cremate
Self-immolate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmAlQvDQGoI

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

silicone thrills posted:

pour some particulates down on me

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

silicone thrills posted:

the trick is to keep breathing

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mawarannahr posted:

I like the part where she cracks a little and says you wouldn't want to be breathing in soot all day

It feels like she knew the assignment but was still not prepared for how hard this guy was gonna stan soot.

FlapYoJacks posted:

My friend in Italy has a proposal for the States: 50% of their rain for 100% less Olive Gardens.

Well on one hand my crops are dying from drought but on the other hand when I'm there I'm family.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

#lifehacks

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

This is not my idea of a good time.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

tiberion02 posted:

I have gone insane-o
I lust for volcano
Be with molten lava
Give me my nirvana
I have no vertigo
I lust for tornado
Be a leaf upon air
Venusian mal-de-mer

Venusian sickness dire
I want to be set on fire
Venusian, gather while I
Venusian-ly catch on fire
Auto-cremate
Self-immolate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmAlQvDQGoI

:hmmyes:

Also lol somebody pulled this in front of the Supreme Court & everyone ignored it

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/BMcNoldy/status/1666883057041944576?s=20

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
sounds like perfect summer beach water temp, thanks global warming

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

🥵

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

drat if that keeps up, africa n meditterean region is gunna be fuckin' lit this summer

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

just need a BOE now and we'll be golden

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

its fine

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

just need a BOE now and we'll be golden

Yeah golden brown, like a well cooked chicken

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Microplastics posted:

whether you like your chicken golden brown or smoked, mother nature has you covered

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

El Niño only started today. The ocean is going to get a LOT warmer lmfao.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
boe will be noice

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Will the spicy biosphere be good for my job security as an arborist? I just got accepted as an arborist in NYC parks and lol, all the trees I've seen are dying due to mismanagement or invasive species.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ughhhh posted:

Will the spicy biosphere be good for my job security as an arborist? I just got accepted as an arborist in NYC parks and lol, all the trees I've seen are dying due to mismanagement or invasive species.

I mean this sincerely: Please get a psychologist immediately. You are going to be depressed very soon from the bullshit and bureaucracy you are about to run into.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Seems really backwards how they are bringing what looks like plastic bags of fruits and emptying the fruit into the crater while saving the plastic bags.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Somebody mentioned the weird avocado fungus: all my saplings died this year. I now have zero living ones and the pits aren't germinating atm. Citrus looks OK. Longan has some black-tip leaf situation I'm trying to prune out. The avocados didn't really have this but did spontaneously seem to just totally crisp up regardless of watering or not watering

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

holy lmao

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
That Kelly comic is old I'm pretty sure, from some other pumpkin spice sky incident. Which says something

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Yeah it's from 2020, this poo poo's normal and has been happening for years and is nothing to be alarmed about.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Microplastics posted:

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

Shyrka posted:

Yeah it's from 2020, this poo poo's normal and has been happening for years and is nothing to be alarmed about.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/08/air-quality-record-smoke-hazard-wildfire-worst-day-ever-canada-new-york