Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Time is 23:57, time to go to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I spent 6 million gold on the horse saddle that looks like a regular saddle.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Also lol I miss when Diablo was an offline game.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

5er posted:

Those of us on the SA Discord have unanimously agreed that the best use of server downtime is relentlessly posting pet photos.

let's watch the new final fantasy trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkD8BCCYsS0

Zotix posted:

He's just trying to gatekeep because he's world tier 4 and making GBS threads on someone because they are in world tier 3.

Nothing changes for nightmare dungeons between WT3 and WT4. There's a reason why every racer stayed away from them, because they aren't worth doing.

Normal dungeons should not have the same rewards as the core end game loop. They shouldn't have the same gear power level loot drops and the XP should be noticeably worse than NM dungeons. The only thing NM dungeons have going for them is it's the only way to level glyphs. Most players at the top end advise against even doing NM dungeons until 90 or even 100 because normal dungeons are just that more efficient.

So much of development went into presentation it seems but like nearly nothing got tested properly.

The fact glyphs were gutted 66% 36h after launch is some lmfao poo poo. The core endgame loop is poor(although a few adjustments can fix this easily). They really should prioritize improving NM dungeons like this week imo. Helltides quickly become obsolete after about 75. The core of the game is decent, but they've gotta get moving quickly with more content and the seasonal content needs to be a banger.

I did not read a word of this but im happy/sad for u

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

euphronius posted:

Ready for Diablo4 2

Haha, the first expansion gonna be Diablo 4 2.0

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Dress up is fun. I couldn't quite get the amazon palette, but red and orange mixed came close.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Kaddish posted:

Well I mean, hunting gear is hunting gear right? You want sacred/ancestral whatever and if it has good stats or imprint or whatever you decide from there. But the acquisition loop doesn't change. If a unique drops that you can use, great.

I'm mostly wondering what the process looks like for actually getting an endgame build set up is - D3 eventually devolved into "wear whichever set is really good this season" and made it pretty easy to get that set, even if it wasn't min-maxed statwise. Then you had the horadric cube system, which kinda functioned like aspects do but felt less clunky in terms of having to find another roll of a specific aspect instead of being able to rip it back out of the item you imbued.

I guess I'm curious to what extent endgame builds hinge on having very specific aspects drop, and if it seems easier or harder to get that momentum going in terms of gearing up and tacking the next world tier.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

D3 had non set builds as well.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Welp, got my first full-on error code CTD. I tab back to BNet and it's "we are investigating reports of login issues." Maybe the servers are finally getting their asses kicked after the second surge from normal/not wealthy people buying the game and getting on after end of work eastern time.

Edit: Code 300202. I'm assuming this is similar to whatever that code was on D3 when it first came out that everyone got.

Zelmel fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 8, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I'm mostly wondering what the process looks like for actually getting an endgame build set up is - D3 eventually devolved into "wear whichever set is really good this season" and made it pretty easy to get that set, even if it wasn't min-maxed statwise. Then you had the horadric cube system, which kinda functioned like aspects do but felt less clunky in terms of having to find another roll of a specific aspect instead of being able to rip it back out of the item you imbued.

I guess I'm curious to what extent endgame builds hinge on having very specific aspects drop, and if it seems easier or harder to get that momentum going in terms of gearing up and tacking the next world tier.

I haven't looked too much into all the builds but a heck of a lot of them don't need dropped aspects to fire off but rather codex aspects.

I think tackling world tier is all about level and ilvl on gear, not hard to get drops. And being a true pro gamer of course. Pushing high nightmare numbers is where the real min/max grind kicks in - which I'll probably never do.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

euphronius posted:

D3 had non set builds as well.

Barely. There were some legendaries powerful enough to build around but I'd wager 95%+ of players were set-based.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Vulpes posted:

Barely. There were some legendaries powerful enough to build around but I'd wager 95%+ of players were set-based.

95%+ of players doesn't mean that there weren't legendaries powerful enough, it just means players like sets. Which I'm pretty sure is literally the main reason they exist.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I read this real good piece of advice earlier: If you find something that can be applied to your weapon or jewelry while leveling - always put it into your jewelry as that can go unreplaced for many levels without issue

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t know what the percentages were but there was def non set builds in the Meta

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Sab669 posted:

I read this real good piece of advice earlier: If you find something that can be applied to your weapon or jewelry while leveling - always put it into your jewelry as that can go unreplaced for many levels without issue

Or the secondary offhand, ie, bow if a melee rogue, where it also gets 150% since it's a 2-hand.

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000
I still can't get over this posts title. I am 39 years old. It hits so hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

very good

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i'm definitely right now feeling a little bit bound by having a good replacement ring as i'm entering t4 but not having the right aspect to socket on it. it's nice - reminds of me gear swapping in poe. give syou a pressing priority

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Hey, how about them servers eh?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I made a Frost Bolt, Ice Armor, Ice Blades, Frost Nova, Blizzard and Deep Freeze build, you rely on the Blades to chop down CDs, so you literally have all CD abilities except for Blizzard and Frost Bolt, which you can spam ceaselessly because you'll have aspects that cause vulnerability on freeze which will occur near constantly if you have some Barrier aspects and the Ice Armor ability that causes enemies to chill faster if the Ice Armor barrier is up. Frost Nova is also set to cause vulnerable on cast, if you have the unique that causes Novas to explode from dead enemies this just gets stupider. You constantly resummon Ice Blades because you spend your CD abilities to spawn more of them and the Blades chop down the CDs of all your abilities and your Ult will halve the CDs of your other abilities, so if your ability cycling is correct you'll pretty much always have barrier (from using CD) spamming blades (from using CD) and mana (from Lucky Hit procs on vulnerable enemies) while Blizzard just stacks absolutely dumb amounts of chill along with your Frost Nova and barrier buff so bosses are pretty much stunned nonstop until their "That's enough" stagger resist kicks in, but by that time they're almost always virtually at the very end of their healthbar. Combine this with the end of the tree passive Shatter and you will instantly freeze entire crowds of enemies which explode them and kill virtually everything around them.

The barriers keep you alive and you constantly get new barrier, you have zero mana issues because you don't rely on core skills and even so Blizzard's cost is pretty much a non-issue because of you getting mana back from vulnerability and spamming basic attacks while enemies are Frozen, and because the cast speed for Blizzard is quick, you can just spam it inbetween autos with zero issue, if you even need to auto (which is rarely), and the Ult can slice a stunned boss's health bar far over a potion line's worth if you have the Blades keeping them vulnerable and because the CD for the ult is around 50-60 secs, you absolutely always get some Blades out of it, spam all your other abilities before you Ult and there will be a fuckton of Blades just hacking away at a vulnerable boss who has four Blizzards going on him at once as he lays on the ground eating poo poo from your Ult that makes you invincible.

Putting this together was dumb overcomplicated, but it works extremely well and I've been making GBS threads on higher level content without issue.

The Ice Shards build is boring as gently caress.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 8, 2023

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Hey, how about them servers eh?

I mean, it had to happen eventually and I'm genuinely both surprised and pleased that it took this long. You'd think Blizz would have solid relationships with major cloud providers to give them huge flexibility for these launches but also lol corporations and also lol tech dev.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Looks like I hosed up when I decided to go get some beer. But you know what, beer is good. I have no regrets.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Looks like I hosed up when I decided to go get some beer. But you know what, beer is good. I have no regrets.

Same but gin.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

This is my new rescue. I was going to call him Mephisto but his original name, Jack, stuck with my kid before I could rename.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Oh, and the Blizzard aspect that has it blast out spikes is dumb good. Blizzard itself will do several thousand but with the spikes popping out with Blizzard stacked 3 times in one spot, the damage is absolutely dumb.

I honestly prefer rocking Blizzard over any of the core skills because you can just throw several of them in one spot and poo poo will basically refreeze as fast as it gets out, if it's not dead by then.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

This is my new rescue. I was going to call him Mephisto but his original name, Jack, stuck with my kid before I could rename.

My unfortunately passed less than a year ago boy Archie (Archimedes), for our pet posts while the servers are hosed. Bowel cancer is bullshit, plz nerf.

Also, anyone have wild speculation for additional D4 classes after the inevitable Paladin/Crusader type?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
Chris Wilson sends his regards.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

I got kicked out in the middle of a dungeon on my hardcore character so really you probably got lucky.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarEternal posted:

Pretty sure renown doesn't carry over.

but I dont wanna do renown again lol. god damnit

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

InventorOfTrees posted:

Chris Wilson sends his regards.

lol he is the worst game director blizzard has ever had

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

chris wilson RUINED diablo 3

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

I said come in! posted:

lol he is the worst game director blizzard has ever had

I dunno, he's not literal panda furry guy who hosed both WC3 and WoW for years.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
"Investigating reports of issues" is a pretty hilarious phrase. As if they have to look into the idea that the servers might be making GBS threads themselves.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Zelmel posted:

My unfortunately passed less than a year ago boy Archie (Archimedes), for our pet posts while the servers are hosed. Bowel cancer is bullshit, plz nerf.

Also, anyone have wild speculation for additional D4 classes after the inevitable Paladin/Crusader type?

I'm betting a return of Monk. Although a lot of the run around real fast skills seem like they have gone to the rogue in d4.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

but I dont wanna do renown again lol. god damnit

I don't see why you'd have to, the points carry over. I don't remember how much xp it is, is it a lot? Otherwise eh.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Flavahbeast posted:

chris wilson RUINED diablo 3

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
https://twitter.com/rodfergusson/status/1666905053683392512?s=46&t=z3uF6wUvSqPNGhOasO9PNQ

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

the entire team got up and went outside for lunch and the servers shat themselves lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

For struggling sorcs I cannot recommend digging into ARC LASH enough.

Yes, it makes you into a melee range sorc.
But yes, it also slaps insanely hard, scales ridiculously well - especially with crit (It hits twice on a crit!)

CHARGED BOLTS kind of need the Unique that makes them penetrate to really take off, but when you have that it absolutely dumpsters Chain Lightning for single and multi target damage. You can even take the unique off when you are fighting bosses to get a 30-40% damage boost for a single target. It's NUTS, and pairs perfectly with Arc Lash as an exploding shotgun ability.

Focus on 'Damage to Close Enemies' rather than cc'd stunned, and grab 'Damage while barrier active' for even more spice - with the right passive you have a barrier on every cooldown, which should make it more or less permanent.

Once you have your second paragon board, the Legendary node that gives you 10 mana per stunned enemy means you will never care about mana again - and if you DO (e.g. against a boss) slapping them with Arc Lash does crazy high DPS while helping you regen.

I think it is only a matter of time before lash eats a huge nerf because it is so insanely strong.