Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hell yeah just took out the Butcher by breaking his ai by putting a shrine between me and him. Just took a single swing at me every couple seconds.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I bought this on ps5 and instead of taking my ps5 to a friends house bought it again on pc
Spent $170 on Diablo 4 without any of the upcoming in all purchase stuff

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Black Griffon posted:

Dude with all respect can you disconnect your internet, go outside and don't come back? You're the most aggro oval office I've seen in weeks and it's off-putting.

Errrr.. could you please get rid of the gendered insult you loving chud? I have literally never interacted with you and you go right to using gendered insults?

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
Lol the servers go down for an hour and people lose their minds ITT.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
woopi goldberg playing diablo 4 on a mac while holding a double down

e: what if the woopi mac complaint is just guerilla marketing

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

El Scandelouse posted:

Lol the servers go down for an hour and people lose their minds ITT.

I'm confused didn't they download the game already? It's a single player game so there shouldn't be such a big problem.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Tiny Timbs posted:

I don't get it, what pressure? Did something happen between yesterday and today to boost the server demand several thousand times? It's only Thursday.

they've been getting more and more players since launch. their insane marketing campaign seems to be working which is why the game is now way more unstable now than during the actual launch

https://twitter.com/RodFergusson/status/1666862413919158272?s=20

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Dunno I am taking my time going through the game having a uhh blast with my Demolition Necromancer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's kinda weird Blizzard Activision made a good Diablo sequel in 2023, right? Like I wouldn't have put money on that last year.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

zoux posted:

It's kinda weird Blizzard Activision made a good Diablo sequel in 2023, right? Like I wouldn't have put money on that last year.

It took me too by surprise, but I welcome it

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

let's watch the new final fantasy trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkD8BCCYsS0

I did not read a word of this but im happy/sad for u

Be sad for the community as they'll realize in the next few days.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

zoux posted:

yeah, i imagine a lot of people held off until the good reviews and word of mouth, and i cant blame them. now everyones pouring in at once

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

broken clock, something something

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Koirhor posted:

Dunno I am taking my time going through the game having a uhh blast with my Demolition Necromancer

Yeah I'm playing light and enjoying Diablo from my couch. Really getting tired of all these "I'm already 70 and bored" posts.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i'm in :2bong:

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

zoux posted:

i mean we thought the same thing in the first few days of D3's release. There's still plenty of time for people to find out itemization is bunk or the end game is impossible or something else real dumb!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Diablo IV: Try Not To Queue

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I'm also in, eat my poo poo losers

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

i mean we thought the same thing in the first few days of D3's release. There's still plenty of time for people to find out itemization is bunk or the end game is impossible or something else real dumb!

Lots of enthusiastic PS5 owners too...

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

zoux posted:

Oh poo poo did they announce the release for Diablo 5?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh poo poo did they announce the release for Diablo 5?

You're cruisin for a bruisin

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
but mom I bought the horadrim pass so i could skip the line!!!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

You're cruisin for a bruisin

That's okay I'm dead on both the inside and out. The only thing that sustains me is shitposting in the Diablo 4 thread. That and Milkis I suppose.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I was at a 3 minute login cue, so came here to brag at you plebes. I looked up and the game was logging in but then it said gently caress me. Now I’m at 39 minute login cue. I am the plebe.

But The Nice Guys is a good movie. Now I have a reason to watch it again.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

I was at 900 minutes half an hour ago, gave up.

Just tried again, <1 minute at first, then went up to 2 minutes.....ok

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Attention everyone: I'm in

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

zoux posted:

I'll put this in spoilers

I don't. They had to stop the hostile environment. Without a hostile environment the employees could do their best. Folks, when women/people are being harassed it creates stress for everyone, not only the people the hostility is directed at. Once that is gone (and it's gone, they go out of business if they continued to ignore the previous environment) then employees feel better about what they are doing and who they are doing it for. I don't think it's a coincidence that Dragon Flight and Diablo IV have met players expectations, both of them were released after the shitstorm.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

D3 turned out good in the end in my personal opinion, but if this one turns out to be secretly bad I hope it takes just a little less time. Loving D4 so far though.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Nice, by the time I save up my lunch money to afford this game, I'll be able to get in

edit-- that sounded more snarky than I meant it, I really just wish I had the spare cash for it, it looks good

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
thank you anita sarkeesian for giving us diablo 4

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

Ah gently caress it. [ABEL] Awful Bone Economy Lodge is up. Come one come all!

Just applied to this, what does it show my account name or my character name

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

I mean it has virtually the same endgame that D3 does right now, it's just a matter of progression tuning in that regard

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I created a new character, skipped the campaign and... there are zones that don't sync all the way down to new character level? That's dumb. I thought the whole point of world scaling was so you can level where ever you want.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sorry morons but this game is poo poo I can't throw many jars filled with spiders. 0/10.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Sab669 posted:

I created a new character, skipped the campaign and... there are zones that don't sync all the way down to new character level? That's dumb. I thought the whole point of world scaling was so you can level where ever you want.

I think each zone has a predetermined minimum and then scales with you as you surpass.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

lmao wow thats a memory

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Sab669 posted:

Not really. You have to discover areas through progression in the campaign.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Got in. Right back to dress up.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
There's a loading screen tip that literally says "Direct damage is any damage that is not damage over time." Thanks, that clears that right up!

Radical posted:

ice shards has a lot of variations you can do based on what gear you have, maybe try that.
Does it feel bad without the mana regen Aspect from Hawezar? I'm pretty far away from there, currently. Also might be a pain in general to switch, given my gear is all slanted toward fire and DoT damage right now...

rap music posted:

farm gear for a different build cuz that sounds boring as gently caress!

arc lash spanks lillith's bare bottom HARD

i'm teleporting around non stop and sending huge packs of elites straight back to hell in a split second
Is the cooldown on Unstable Currents not a huge drag while leveling? Even Inferno's much shorter one seems a bit much at times. And how do you deal with bosses? I had Arc Lash in my build for a while, but getting close to bosses and the occasional elite was mostly just suicide so I switched it out for Spark.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
I’m staring at “queued for game - start game pending” what gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Does the damage from Blighted Corpse Explosion clouds overlapping stack or is the only benefit my own twisted glee at blinding myself and my friends?