Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Trabant posted:

Londo Mollari-rear end hairline and house.

The wife(?) is sadly lacking the characteristic Centauri hairstyle though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Captain Hygiene posted:

It Came From The OSHA Thread :psyduck:

All listings serve The Beam
Beware of low men in yellow coats!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

PainterofCrap posted:

Beware of low men in yellow coats!

Now there's an idea: build tiny scaffolding around it and put little Lego people all over it dressed in hardhats and high-vis jackets. Maybe put a cherrypicker and a crane on it as well.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Alternatively get a bunch of moldable material and around the beam shape it into a person with their hands outstretched towards the wall, and bam everyone thinks there's some atlas'esq giant straining to keep your walls from falling down!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Great new thread title

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I honestly think sometimes it's funnier if the thread title gets cut off.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I appreciate it in a meta sense here :golfclap:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Almost perfect.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
In the spirit of the beam it should continue in another thread's title.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Heath posted:

In the spirit of the beam it should continue in another thread's title.

For me it does

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Husband and I decided to look at prices of houses and apartments in our area for laffos to see how the prices have jumped up since we bought our place last year aaaaaand
https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/terraced-house-1-little-william-street-off-maccurtain-street-cork-city-co-cork/4634528

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't know why but the idea of living in a studio apartment is perfectly fine but a house with a cramped bedroom gives me the willies.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
For Americans, that’s 1500 sqft for $326K.

I assume it’s very high for Poo, but …

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It looks cozy to me, in a good way. Though I wouldn't go for that price.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Is that some kind of flophouse or something?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

For Americans, that’s 1500 sqft for $326K.

I assume it’s very high for Poo, but …

That price makes me want to move to Ireland.

My house that has 20 years of deferred maintenance is the same size, and both zillow and redfin give it an estimate of triple that.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Is that some kind of flophouse or something?

Seriously, are we planning on taking in boarders?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's not exactly a house, but I stumbled across something weird while apartment hunting and figured it would still fit here. The listing read Beautiful 2-room Roundel Apartment , which made me curious right away. I checked it out and was greeted by this:

I looked it up on streetview and found a wider view, and it's no surprise the realtor decided to go in nice and close. This clearly used to be some sort of commercial space awkwardly converted into a residential unit, directly adjoining a large parking lot:

But yes, who wouldn't love to live in the Reverse Panopticon. :allears:

Perestroika has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Jun 8, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can't even joke because we all know some icky guy is searching for just such a domicile in which to walk around nude.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Friend of mine used to live in a house like that. A previous owner had built a new detached garage that opened to the alley at the back of the lot, and walled over the door of the original (attached) garage. This left the former garage as a large square room, with nice carpeting but no windows. Best guess is it was for a home theater setup. My friend mostly used it as a space to host LAN parties, and it worked great for that, although the driveway coming up to a blank wall did look a little strange.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

im trying to think of a possible non-exhibitionist use for that room and all i can come up with is 'cat lounge'

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh that's what's weird about it, I was just struck by the groverhaus coloured siding.

Honestly garages are a strange thing for me generally cos I've never known anyone to keep their car in one. It's just a big room for putting crap in. So in that respect you might as well do away with the door.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Garages are VERY handy to keep your car(s) in if you live where it snows, or Hell even rains a lot if it's attached so you can walk to/from your car an not get wet.

That being said, I live where it snows, but I have not been able to put my car in my garage since the first year I lived there because I keep accumulating crap. :negative:

"No, I can't just get RID of those old 2x4s, what if I need them for something lateR?!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

Garages are VERY handy to keep your car(s) in if you live where it snows, or Hell even rains a lot if it's attached so you can walk to/from your car an not get wet.

Also if you enjoy working on your own vehicles (or even if you don't like doing it but don't like paying mechanic fees more)

Even very minor maintenance is unpleasant to do in the rain

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Location aside, that's a pretty neat design...until you see those pillars standing around taking up half the space. I like the idea, but putting it in with those constraints just makes it kinda worthless.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I really want to see a floor plan for the circle room. Is it a big studio with lots of windows? Are there other rooms in the back?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/NeolithicSheep/status/1666798215654457344

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

My aunt and uncle did this (but better looking) when they had an oops pair of triplets!

Perestroika posted:

It's not exactly a house, but I stumbled across something weird while apartment hunting and figured it would still fit here. The listing read Beautiful 2-room Roundel Apartment , which made me curious right away. I checked it out and was greeted by this:

I looked it up on streetview and found a wider view, and it's no surprise the realtor decided to go in nice and close. This clearly used to be some sort of commercial space awkwardly converted into a residential unit, directly adjoining a large parking lot:

Advertise it as an exhibitionist's special in the back of your local weekly paper. Someone will want it.

I Miss Snausages has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Jun 9, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Toupee Groupie posted:

pair of triplets!

Is that sextuplets?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

5 beds and one bath between them? Are they counting the cave in there?

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Soul Dentist posted:

Is that sextuplets?

No, just three, just the way my family always said it when describing them. Just the way I grew up saying it in Western Nebraska with family.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Perestroika posted:

By popular demand posted:

I can't even joke because we all know some icky guy is searching for just such a domicile in which to walk around nude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BRSus9eU10

Dear god, we really are just in a game being played by Josh. It explains so much...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Having just moved out of a house with a clearly converted garage, they're terrible ideas. Not even considering they cheaped out on the construction and the ceiling came unstuck. (They never bothered with screws or nails, just glue)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

I really want to see a floor plan for the circle room. Is it a big studio with lots of windows? Are there other rooms in the back?

They didn't put up a floor plan, but they did say there's a second room in the back, so at least you don't have to sleep out there in the open.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Location aside, that's a pretty neat design...until you see those pillars standing around taking up half the space. I like the idea, but putting it in with those constraints just makes it kinda worthless.

Yeah, it seems the architects decided first to add the fancy semicircle balconies at the top that required those pillars, then figured "eh may as well use the space" and put a room around them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I don't know why but the idea of living in a studio apartment is perfectly fine but a house with a cramped bedroom gives me the willies.

My bedroom only just fits my bed. I can't get in bed from the side which took a bit of getting used to, but it saves a lot on heating and, well, if I'm in the bedroom I'm gonna be in bed anyway so why the need for more room?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You are describing a coffin, you are a dracula.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

You are describing a coffin, you are a dracula.

I don't think coffins have windows or radiators? Or come to think of it, beds.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't think coffins have windows or radiators? Or come to think of it, beds.

They did actually used to make coffins with windows on the front so you can look at the corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My bedroom only just fits my bed. I can't get in bed from the side which took a bit of getting used to, but it saves a lot on heating and, well, if I'm in the bedroom I'm gonna be in bed anyway so why the need for more room?

The more bed you have in your bedroom, the less room you have in your bedroom