Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
grabbing it on series x and eventually switch if i like it enough and see one of Nintendo's absurd sales pop up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gonna get it on PC for the mods.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Suplex Liberace posted:

whos getting it on what? I would like to fight all of you on the ps4 version

ps4.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

PS4 here as well. I'm Scorpio Sky, perpetually in the previous console generation

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lotta heathens in this thread.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

PS5, and would be interested in how the Switch one runs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Im grabbing it on xsx and if there is no crossplay nintendo switch as well

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

whos getting it on what? I would like to fight all of you on the ps4 version

I'm going with Steam because I'm not paying for online play anymore for xbox or ps

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I will be playing it exclusively on my steam deck.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Shard posted:

I'm going with Steam because I'm not paying for online play anymore for xbox or ps

if all my irl friends were not getting it for ps4 i would be with you. I will probably grab it on pc if it gets real cheap

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

shouts out having irl friends, i guess

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
It’ll be PS5 for me once I get it, but since I currently don’t have PS Plus (because I never used it when I had it), I’d have to pay extra to face other goons.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Trent just let slip that all of the Fight Forever streams have been running on the steam deck.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Pylons posted:

Gonna get it on PC for the mods.

It's this

Hoping for steam workshop compatibility later on down the line

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Either PS4 or Switch for me. I'll get a PS5 one of these days, probably for when Tekken 8 comes out.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Some new character trailers came out today

Brodie Lee

https://twitter.com/aewgames/status/1666483294794403841?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Sting:

https://twitter.com/aewgames/status/1666479533610917891?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Abadon:

https://twitter.com/aewgames/status/1666486775974354945?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'll most likely get this on the Switch unless I see it running like complete dogshit on there, then ill just bite the bullet and get it for the Series X. I wish the Switch had a decent wrestling game on there besides the MDickie joint. 2K18 ran like doodoo but then again that game was also trash to begin with.

Fight Forever looks like a good time, I'm just concerned about the lack of info so far about CAWs and whether or not they can be used in the storymode.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

super macho dude posted:

Fight Forever looks like a good time, I'm just concerned about the lack of info so far about CAWs and whether or not they can be used in the storymode.

Good news!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Good news!

I'm sure they start higher but this reminds me of SYM where if you selected the Career version of a person you hadn't played in Career they had a 10 ovr and would bleed from one attack

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonna be getting it on PS5 for sure and maybe Steam later if there are fun and/or weird mods to gently caress around with or something, or if I start streaming again and want to play it that way.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m a PS5 guy. I don’t usually play games online though.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm sure they start higher but this reminds me of SYM where if you selected the Career version of a person you hadn't played in Career they had a 10 ovr and would bleed from one attack

Honestly yeah, this is the worry. Hopefully they're not dumb enough to make this obvious mistake and free stat allocation is an unlockable.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

NameHurtBrain posted:

Honestly yeah, this is the worry. Hopefully they're not dumb enough to make this obvious mistake and free stat allocation is an unlockable.

I mean luckily there's other options like starting people at like 60 or having a confirm screen or just not making it where moving the stick 2 degrees left or right while selecting a wrestler steals their stats

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't worry. you only have to go through career mode once and then you simply painstakingly create 50 copies of your original CAW and edit those copies to be different wrestlers with the high stats

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Suplex Liberace posted:

The meter in the match is a finisher meter from like the smackdown games not a momentum gauge.
drat I was gaining some optimism

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cavauro posted:

don't worry. you only have to go through career mode once and then you simply painstakingly create 50 copies of your original CAW and edit those copies to be different wrestlers with the high stats

I remember one of the smackdown games saw me setting up a table in the corner and running myself into it in every match to get the cpu to put me through it for a DQ so i could speedrun exactly this scenario

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

weekly font posted:

I remember one of the smackdown games saw me setting up a table in the corner and running myself into it in every match to get the cpu to put me through it for a DQ so i could speedrun exactly this scenario

lol

kids are stupid. i was a kid once too.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Good news!

Honestly that's the first thing I've seen about Fight Forever that gives me pause. CAWs are huge part of wrestling games and they idea that they're gonna insist on making you go through story mode with Every Single CAW or they'll be completely useless in matches fuckin sucks. I hated that poo poo in Here Comes the Pain and of all the ideas to take inspiration from why THAT.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Drakkel posted:

Honestly that's the first thing I've seen about Fight Forever that gives me pause. CAWs are huge part of wrestling games and they idea that they're gonna insist on making you go through story mode with Every Single CAW or they'll be completely useless in matches fuckin sucks. I hated that poo poo in Here Comes the Pain and of all the ideas to take inspiration from why THAT.

I kinda wish they had two stats. Like, "start from scratch Story Mode" stats and ideal stats. Iirc Fight Night Champion had something like that, where you could edit your character to be whatever stats they were in exhibition mode, but you gotta grind your way up in the campaign stats.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Artelier posted:

I kinda wish they had two stats. Like, "start from scratch Story Mode" stats and ideal stats. Iirc Fight Night Champion had something like that, where you could edit your character to be whatever stats they were in exhibition mode, but you gotta grind your way up in the campaign stats.

The WWE games just let you import a CAW into Story Mode but the stats are completely separate at that point and I dunno why AEW wouldn't do that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Or SvR '07 where if you wanted to make a CAW with an overall higher than 50 or whatever you had to take them through season mode. I basically just saved up the stat points from one run and just copied the CAW over and over, then changed stats, moves, appearance, etc.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Drakkel posted:

The WWE games just let you import a CAW into Story Mode but the stats are completely separate at that point and I dunno why AEW wouldn't do that.

Worth pointing out that AEW is not the one not doing that, YUKES is the one not doing that. YUKES has not made the last few 2K games

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gonna buy it on steam

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hopefully when you beat story mode you just unlock free CAW stats

They'll probably just charge you for it though

Gambit from the X-Men